Modern fairy tale fascinates; some iffy content.

Teen, 14 years old Written bythunderpup25 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byadjaja July 26, 2009

I loved it! It is MUCH MUCH better than twilight, and will leave readers yearning for more. Be careful though - the next book in the series talks about sex much more than this one. Almost every other page mentions it. Don't read Ink Exchange (the second) unless you are 14+. (oops on me)
Teen, 13 years old Written byBloody Gorgeous February 1, 2009

Nice :)

Haha the author stole my name so I expected the book to be amazing. It was pretty good... I am yet to fail in falling in love with one of the characters. Seth is so.. wow! I loved him :D This is a book on Faeries. I love Faeries. The book was a little slow at the beginning but it was good. There ARE mentions of sex and STDs though. You might want to keep that in mind, although they aren't bad. One make-out, but no details. Just a little kissing. Um... I didn't actually realize that about Aislinns dad till I read it in another review... what a spoiler! Trust me though, if your a girl, you will be crazy over Seth. Thats not bad, he's a great character. Very loving. There's a bunch of great suprises. I love the ending. You should definitly check out the book.

Great book, but as CSM said there is definetly some iffy content.

Let me start out by saying that this book is definetly my favorite that i've read all school year(maybe even ever). The content isn't really that bad. But there is some mention of sex, as in talking a little about STDs and virginity. But the only part that was that bad was the mention of oral sex, it wasn't in there directly, but you'd after to be a pretty dumb person not to get what their doing. Wasn't in any detail though, and it was only mention in a few tiny paragraphs. Violence is there too, which isn't suprising in these modern faerie tales, considering most faeries are evil, it's not too gruesome but is definetly pretty bed. Language is not such a big deal, couple curse words here in there, but it's not like the book is filled with it. There's some drinking, but it's only a little, except for when the main character gets drunk on faery wine, but other than that it's really not too bad. I think it's definetly a good book for a mature reader, but 13+ seems reasonable.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMOONLIGHT97 February 14, 2011
Love it! Some sexual and language stuff, but great plot and everything! I'm on Radiant Shadows (book four), and I've loved it all so far!
Kid, 12 years old February 26, 2010

personaly i think its good for 12+ :))

I really enjoyed this romantic faerie romance. i loved the characters and the vocabulary! READ IT!!
Kid, 12 years old September 22, 2009

Sequel Is Better

The book was ok, but I personally prefer the book Ink Exchange. I think Aislinn is a bit spoiled, especially in Fragile Eternity. I stopped reading Fragile Eternity before I finished because Aislinn was making me sick.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKayyyyyy August 11, 2009

loooved the booook

This book was awesome! I never wanted the book to end. But there was some cussing and some talk about sex. So i think that 14 and older are the most appropriate ages. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bydanielislugo April 9, 2008

The Plot was good.

Well, the plot was good but one too many "f" words. Another thing is that the Summer King ends up really being her dad. (Has an affair with her mom who later commits suicide to escape becoming a summer girl.) I think 14+ would have been better.
Kid, 12 years old August 16, 2014

Amazing book for mature readers

I absolutely love the plot of the story. This book has some mature content but is suitable for readers who are quite mature and love reading. Young girls will love the characters Seth and Keenan. An absolute must read!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGretelShea October 24, 2013

Not much point in reading...

I didn't even finish this, it just wasn't cutting it. They were talking about tattoos and sex, which I don't even want to read about. I didn't see any point in this book except for that a faery dude was bugging her and she needed to fix that problem, but honestly, don't even bother. It's not appropriate.
Educator and Parent Written byfsurocks February 12, 2016
Adult Written byMBabs September 6, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookworm136 August 16, 2011

Excellent, gripping faery tale

I really loved this book, and the others that have followed it (I'm reading Radiant Shadows right now, actually), and I feel that it has a lot of good, positive messages about staying true to yourself and your beliefs. It's a bit akward, yes, that Keenan's actually Ash's dad... ok, a lot awkward, but the series is still fantastic. Oh, and Keenan and Donia, Niall and Irial, Seth and Aislinn, and Devlin and Ani are THE BEST.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bybookaffair December 20, 2010

good for tweens and teens

I loved this book because of the strong message it gives that though one cannot change who they are or what they are destined to become, one can change their outlook and become accountable for their lot in life with great optimism. I really think the book is a fun, cool read for teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written April 7, 2010
well...i readt up to chapter 6 and i hated it curses a lot
Teen, 13 years old Written bymsenziecullen April 3, 2010

different veiw

gives a different view from the bomb of vampire books released. haha! it's a good book. defiantly one to read.
Teen, 16 years old Written bykmillsz January 27, 2010

Really cool book.

When i first started the book i didn't know what to expect. Once i got to the second chapter i couldn't put it down. I think Aislinn and Seth make the cutest couple. I definitely recommend this book if you like fantasy and romance.
Adult Written byStarshine April 9, 2008

Totally amazing book, didn't want to put it down

Great book for any Fairy enthuasist or magical creature type book. Have a mature 12yo and would not mind her reading it.