All member reviews for Wild Born: Spirit Animals, Book 1

Multiplatform magical beast series is a good fantasy intro.

Teen, 17 years old Written bygilly_boy October 18, 2014

Too simple for anyone older than 14

I read and I don't think it's the best, I actually think this kind of degrading on Brandon Mull's talent. I thought it was lacking in description and character; this was centered around a game wasn't it? If it was, what did the company pay people to write the book in order to get attention? That's low (plus the fact that not many people read). I felt this was a little too simple, which is perfect for kids, and maybe a little rip off of Deltora Quest. I mean reoccurring evil and traveling around the world to find mystic items; at least in Deltora Quest, the villain is nonhuman. They could've put a little mystery in this book, just for old readers to stop and think what's to happen. That's what I look for in a book: something to think about. But I will admit some good points, there is some creativity in here and the spirit animals is maybe an original idea (or another rip off of the Golden Compass). However to be able to use that animal's special abilities is a new concept that can be explored further. Which make me think: what if those that don't have spirit animals can actually force a creature to be theirs? That would be an interesting development. But you won't hear me making another review for this series.
Parent Written byChillichickn July 17, 2014

Great writing and language

I like this genre myself so wanted to start my daughter on something more diverse than her current reading selection. I was really impressed with the writing and the language used. She's really enjoyed it.
Kid, 9 years old May 13, 2014

Kids age 7 and up will love this.

Kids age 7 and up will love this because it's a really good book. Cool! Please see the rest of my reviews on KyleneSkies.
Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2014

Spirit animals is the best!

Definitely read this series. If you like the Warriors series you should love this series