All member reviews for Wings

Kid, 12 years old May 4, 2011

Pretty good

I love this book, but they refer to sex multiple times. i loved the story, but it said a curse word and used an inapripriate phrase a couple of times. overall the story was great. thanks for putting a twist on the fairy(faerie)!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 June 14, 2011

I couldn't put it down

I loved this book. The writing is so beautiful and the story is enchanting. It's not too inappropriate, but it's got some PG-13 content that's probably not appropriate for kids under 12 (it's a bit iffy for 11 year olds). There is a lot of violence at the end, and it's kind of gruesome; necks are snapped, people are choked, someone tries to drown a faerie and a boy, etc. There isn't a lot of sexual stuff; there are some passionate kisses, and there were minor references to sex and periods. There are a few uses of "h-ll" and "d*mn", and one "s-t". They did mention some alcoholic beverages, like Brandy and Morphine, but it's used on a sick man.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySmoothie971 December 17, 2010

Good book for 11+. Like Twilight, a bit more appropriate.

This is a good book, and the common sense media review basically tells you everything :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byBeautiful0192654 May 11, 2010

I loved wings! The only thing I didn't like was the end, because they just left me hanging :(
Kid, 11 years old April 12, 2010

perfect for tweens ages 10and up

Its very good, only their is some iffy stuff in the middle
Teen, 13 years old Written byonyxprincess July 28, 2011

Wrong Cover On Site

I love this book! But, they got the cover wrong. The cover shown is not for "Wings" it is for a book called "Wild Wings" lol XD
Teen, 14 years old Written byBookworm_96 May 18, 2011

it's a good book. it helped me pass the time while i was waiting for my other books and kept me interested. it is well written and a good book
Teen, 13 years old Written byCloudwatcher1727 May 12, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written byraclorbra May 11, 2011

BEST BOOK EVER!!!

I LOVE this book. It is wonderful, and the only reason I marked the language box is because Im a stickler for bad language. Its a good book for fantasy geeks, like me, or any one else for that matter. If you try it, you won't be able to put it down. I promise!! It can be read by people 11 and up, the romance isn't really that bad, compared to now a days material for tweens and teens. seriously! look around on this sight for proof!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMiloub April 24, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written bytrustme August 19, 2010

my concerns.

This is a good read, though it has some violent messages. Its best for ages 12-13.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBookLover2 April 11, 2010

Fantastic book! Great for ALL ages!

This is a great book! I don't understand why discussion of periods is considered bad? It happens to every girl even at the age of 10. Oh, and they kiss! Call the police!! I just don't get it sorry.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJTDB January 5, 2013

Pretty good book - very appropriate

This was a pretty good book. It seems quite like a typical fantasy type romance book but it has a twist on our traditional view of the mystical creatures, in this case, faeries and trolls. Totally appropriate apart from one four letter word starting with f which is only used once. Also there is some kissing but that is only a very small part of the story. The book leaves in you in suspense, wonder and overall enjoyement.
Teen, 17 years old Written bya.k.a October 27, 2011

terrible book ill never ever read in my life again

the book is boring
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper-duper-boo... June 26, 2011

Couldn't ask for a better book!!!

This book was so amazing, I literally couldnt put it down! I took the book everywhere I went, waiting until I was no longer needed to read it, if only even for a few seconds. Every word was intricately placed to form a beautiful master piece about faeries (the same as fairies), romance, adventure, and, if you can stretch your imagination, even a little mystery. I'll be honest and admit that I cried a little (that's a good thing, not a bad thing). The main character's mom had her daughter drink Sprite, but the book also said that Sprite was "empty calories". It was kind of brutal and harsh when people's necks were snapped. Periods are touched on two times(I'd hardly they could be called "discussions"), and the discussion of sex wasnt too bad, and I'm very sensitive to things like that. But that one part about sex was pretty insignificant, so if you just skip over it, it's no big deal. I've read the second and third books, which were as incredible as the first, and everyone knows that sequals (and trequals?) are usually not as great as the first. I'm so glad that Common Sense Media recommended it for me! THANK YOU!
Kid, 11 years old June 12, 2011

AMAZING book & series

a really good easy read i really enjoyed this read there is a couple of kiss's and a character mentions that most his moms dates don't leave until the morning. The main character, laurel, is a good role modal and her best friend is a really good role model because he is such a good friend and stands by her through the series once you start you won't stop until you finish the series there are other books out and another one coming out i think everyone should read this book a good read before twilight.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFantasyFan May 19, 2011

One of those 'okay' books- kinda in the middle.

It's a good book. Not excellent, but not terrible either- more like in the middle. I've read the sequences to this one- Spells and Illusions, and I find them slightly better than the first book. The third book - Illusions - seems to be the best so far. I'm looking forward to read the next book to see how it ends, but it's not a die-for book. :) In some places, the writing can be a bit...well...boring? It's not too professional. At the same time, I wouldn't say this is something you shouldn't read. It's pretty good. The typical one girl-two guys-choice-book (if you know what I mean) but it honestly is a good book. My advice to you? Check it out. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byMsComical April 26, 2011

Maybe or Maybe Not?

love it. very good book to read. plan on reading all of the other books in the series. enjoyed myself. i think kids under 11 should not really read the book. it is not bad but it has some mature content
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirector96 April 23, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written byBook_lover98 April 21, 2011

SERIOUSLY??? BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT!

This book is FINE! The language is really not an issue, kids these days drop the f bomb, and yet we are worried about a s***?! And sexual content? Like there is any! Yeah so a couple makeout? Big deal! Children these talk about so much more before even the third grade! This website treats children like babies, half theses things we already know about!