Moving, uplifting tale of disfigured boy with inner beauty.

Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2012

Wonder review

Wonder is a book that lots of people can relate to. It is a book reccomended for ages 11 and up.This a story where we can see what most of the characters are thinking about and doing.This book wants the audience to experience the stuff the main character August is feeling.They want the readers to be on august side.This book is about a deformed boy who wished his whole life to be"normal",but finds out it's okay to be himself.This book could be slow at times, but also at times turns into a suspenseful and intresting book.This was a good book and most readers would fine this intresting.
Parent Written bycsmrox July 8, 2015

My fav book ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing book for kids 9 and up!!! RJ Palacio tells this story in different perspectives which makes it sooooo good!!! This is also like the book Out of my Mind.
Kid, 10 years old March 6, 2014

Journey to Reality

Sometimes we forget how lucky we are. We need to once in a while get a refresher. This book really does that. Auggie or August, a disabled kid, is going to school for the first time! Join Auggie, his friends, and his sister on this epic journey. You'll be on the edge of your seats.
Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2013

Absolutely brilliant!

I absolutely loved this book from the very beginning to the very end! I simply could not put it down - it was so eyeopening and I didn't ever get bored. The story is very moving - it tells the tale of Auggie, an ordinary boy with a deformed face. He's a great kid but is judged because of his appearance when he starts Middle School. At the end, people become more accepting of him... It's brilliant! Some of the issues, such as prejudice, make the book good for anyone around 10 and over. I'm a 12 year old girl and I simply loved this book - I would definitely recommend it!
Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written byPapipower01 November 16, 2014

Inspiring story your kids will enjoy

My daughter brought this book home from middle school as assigned reading and she absolutely fell in love with the book. As she gave me a quick synopsis of the story, I was intrigued and curious to know exactly what had been assigned - so I read the book as well. What an inspiring story. It is ver moving and really does a lot to expand a child's insight into and sensitivity about what it is like to be different somehow from the mainstream and yet somehow still be like everyone else inside.
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2014

BEST BOOK EVERRRR

If you are in to unique books and different story lines, this is the book for you. If you are a fan of action and/or fantasy, forget this book. Is book touches you to the bottom of you heart. I do not like reading, but I couldn't stop reading Wonder. It also teaches great lessons.
Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2014

didn't like it much

Even though I thought it was extremely boring with no plot whatsoever, there were a few parts that got to me. This book touches heavily on bullying. I wouldn't have very young kids read it like 7 or under because they may not understand some of the touchy criteria.
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byKZMom November 2, 2013

A book everyone should read

This was a really great story that engaged everyone in my family including my 5 and 8 year old daughters. It was really fun to read and a lighthearted treatment of a tough subject. My 8 year old took away the book to read on her own because we weren't reading fast enough for her and she was really excited about the story.
Educator Written bywcarmich March 20, 2016

Powerful story

This is a great story that tells the story of Auggie, a boy with some physical deformities whose parents decide to enroll him in a formal school setting. This novel provides a variety of viewpoints of various characters showing complex relationships and real struggles.
Parent of a 5, 8, and 12 year old Written byEmily55555 November 21, 2015

Please read this book

I hope everyone on the planet reads this book.
Adult Written byCOW MAN BRAH September 12, 2015

...

meh.... it was okay i guess not really
Adult Written byi2soppimath May 31, 2015

The Best

This book about August cabn make you cry sometimes and laugh at others
Adult Written bygino115 April 16, 2015

Great example for kids!!!!

I think that this book can teach kids a very valuble lesson and shows how priveliged we all are.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHermione Granger October 25, 2014

Great Book

I loved this book and have read it like 5 times. It made me laugh and cry (just a bit :)
Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2014

The best!!

I think this book was outstanding!! At first I read the first page,it was okay not exciting but when I read the first ten pages it was so hilarious I laughed my head off. This book teaches you about a boy named august Pullman, he was bullied throughout the year but when he went on that nature retreat everyone just thinks he's a regular kid some people would give him a pat on the back or a high five. Also, there is this kid named Julian AKA(as known as) august's enemy who doesn't like august because his face was deformed or his face has an ugly reflection. The main point of this book is to show respect and treat other with kindness and keep those ugly words in your mouth.
Kid, 11 years old June 1, 2014

Wonder

wonder is an inspiring story about a boy who is deformed.I loved the book!
Teen, 13 years old Written byUseursense November 7, 2013

Gets you thinking about bullying and friends...

I LOVED THIS SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! Must read!
Kid, 12 years old October 15, 2013

In Love with Wonder

LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! So inspirational!! Just Love
Kid, 11 years old May 11, 2013

Great Story.

I think this book is truly a masterpiece and will pull your heartstrings one by one. It is masterfully told with different perspectives and one's feelings. It is sometimes hard to read due to it's sadness,but at other times it will make you laugh. I think everyone should read this book.