All member reviews for Wonder

Moving, uplifting tale of disfigured boy with inner beauty.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheflash9 November 10, 2012

Brilliant Book is Definitely Worth Reading Over and Over Again

By far my favorite book of all time, a must read for everyone. This book tells the story of Auggie, a ten year-old boy with a deformed face that has been homeschooled his whole life and when his parents want him to go to school, he's more afraid than ever. This is a fantastic book, amazing.
Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2012

Wonder

Anybody older than 8 years old would like this book. This audience is old enough to understand that you should be kind to everyone. I think they would like this book because it sends a good message. That message is to be kind to everyone. When August hears things about him going around the school he isn't happy. Some children can relate to the same situation. This book stands out from other books. This was a WONDERful book. I would definitely read this book again. I liked this book a lot. I loved that August stayed strong when Jack was talking behind his back on Halloween. August was a very strong and kind person.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfuzzmee December 30, 2013

Amazing, inspiring, and beautiful. A must read.

This is a truly inspirational read! I found the plot to be so engaging I couldn't put it down! (I read the entire book in 8 hours.) This book has definetly inspired me to be kinder to others and it also gave me a confidence boost. And when a story can give you a whole new perspective on life, (such as Wonder gave me!), I would rate that book five stars in an instant. I know middle school can be tough, especially if you don't have the cutest clothes or makeup. But I realized how blessed I really am after reading it. This would be a great gift for someone who is going into middle school. Wonder also made me wonder what I would do if there was a... "different" kid at school. Overall, Wonder is amazing, and would reccomend this to any one from 8 years old to 108 years old. Wonder... proves that books can be great. All I have left to say is, you have to read it.
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2013

Best Book Ever

I Love This Book
Teen, 13 years old Written byUseursense November 7, 2013

Gets you thinking about bullying and friends...

I LOVED THIS SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! Must read!
Kid, 10 years old September 8, 2013

Wonderous

great book
Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2013

One of my favorites!

Great read! I loved this book it was impossible for me to put it down. Very educational. Makes you think what if I were August sitting at the lunch table. Would I want someone to sit with me? Or just try to draw attention away from me?
Adult Written bygino115 April 16, 2015

Great example for kids!!!!

I think that this book can teach kids a very valuble lesson and shows how priveliged we all are.
Kid, 8 years old April 11, 2015

I read it in 2nd grade -_-

Best book ever but seriously, for kids 11+!??
Teen, 13 years old Written byLilz the pawz March 29, 2015

EVERY KID SHOULD READ THIS

Wonder has great messages about beauty friendship and not fitting in. Lots of kids can relate to this
Kid, 12 years old March 24, 2015

Amazing

I can't imagine how anti-negative-anything the reviewer must be if they care what the stupid, clearly antagonistic teenagers were smoking. It didn't even cross my, nor any of my friends minds what they were smoking! This is an amazing, inspiring, invigorating story, and, if you are ever deterred by that sentence, please, please don't be.
Kid, 0 years old March 4, 2015

Awesome

It was a really good book.
Kid, 11 years old March 2, 2015

My favorite book

So far Wonder is my favorite book, very well written, I think it is a must read for kids 9 and up, I didn't find it scary, I loved it! it might be a little bit hard to follow in some parts for younger kids, but I don't think it would be if your 9. I love IT!!!
Kid, 10 years old February 25, 2015

Absolutely Amazing!

Teen, 17 years old Written bygirlylover102 February 7, 2015

A Wonderful book (pun)

Wonder is a great book with a great message. Its a great book to read as a group or alone. I love it because it really get the message to accept everyone across.
Teen, 13 years old Written byepic_cool_guy February 6, 2015

WONDER

its very cool
Teen, 13 years old Written bysammystar9 January 13, 2015

Well Written

I had to read this for a summer reading project and I really enjoyed it. I believe that it is a well written book with a very positive message. I also think that most of the characters show a positive message for everyone. It may be a little challenging for young readers but it is definitely a book that everyone should read even adults.
Teen, 13 years old Written byanna_hagan_ December 31, 2014

eh

i just did not like this book. i read 2 or 3 chapters and decided this book was not for me when it was going on about the fart jokes (which i hate) im not hating on kids with disabilities or anything it's just that books about this sorta thing are kinda getting old for me
Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written byPapipower01 November 16, 2014

Inspiring story your kids will enjoy

My daughter brought this book home from middle school as assigned reading and she absolutely fell in love with the book. As she gave me a quick synopsis of the story, I was intrigued and curious to know exactly what had been assigned - so I read the book as well. What an inspiring story. It is ver moving and really does a lot to expand a child's insight into and sensitivity about what it is like to be different somehow from the mainstream and yet somehow still be like everyone else inside.
Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2014

good

I like this book because all the characters fought through their own problems. The story is sweet and sour. It's sour because of how people treat August because of his appearance. It's sweet because August's friend is very nice and overcomes his popularity to be friends with him. It's a really good book.