Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Worlds Collide: The Land of Stories, Book 6

Wacky humor, tugged heartstrings in fast-paced finale.

Parent of a 9, 11, and 12 year old Written byL L. November 8, 2017

Dumbed Down/Not For Brighter Children/Sexuality

1. The story, was a complete let down. Cliches. Continued reliance of common adult phrases or profanity/slang reworded (example "Witch, please"). Dumbed down. Not for brighter children with growing or higher vocabulary. Completely missed opportunity, lazy. 2. FYI - Two men are married. If your children are not prepared, be prepared with your littles, 6-10 year olds, to talk about it before you planned, because the writer attempts to dictate when that conversation should happen in your home. Otherwise, if your child is older or already fully aware of homosexuality, #2 isn't an issue and the writing alone achieves disappointing. So sad, because the author was such a likable character on Glee and he came out of the gate ahead of most. He was riding the wave and just had to deliver a little bit to finish strong.
Parent of a 6, 9, and 11 year old Written byMr E. February 14, 2018

Good Finale

I think the story wrapped up the series pretty well. For the more conservative it should be noted that there are two very subtle references to sets of parents being of the same gender (when listing Conner's children one son has a husband and one of the book-hugger's parents are moms). I'm not real excited about that but it's really not part of the story & with how quickly my daughter reads I'm guessing she didn't even notice them.