All member reviews for You Don't Know Me

Teen, 13 years old Written byBroganSolig January 26, 2009

I LOVED IT! I cried and laughed

I LOVED THIS BOOK! I just finished it and can relate to this boy. He must feel so alone in this world. The author made it so we can feel like we were actually there ! 5 star book I have told all my friends to read this book!
Teen, 14 years old Written byHoustonlife August 29, 2010

It's really realistic.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhollylujah December 27, 2010

Um, Great.

This is the best book I have ever read(and i've read A LOT). It is stylistically so different from other books and almost impossible to put down!
Teen, 17 years old Written byDuGeOs August 16, 2010

perfect for ages 13+

Teen, 17 years old Written byjustins_girl March 29, 2010

i think it is a great book if you and/or your child/children know the difference between fact and fiction.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJayy17 December 5, 2010

Perfect for teenagers, but not for younger kids because it deals with mature issues.

I loved this book. I thought that the main character John was extremely heroic and funny. I liked the way that John dealt with situations by being sarcastic and witty. Teenagers can really relate to John and some of the things that he goes through. John is an excellent example of a person who is strong willed and refuses to back down even when the odds are against him. Through his actions he demonstrates that kids can get through anything with a little determination.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLoverofLiterature November 14, 2010

It's a sureal psychological novel.

Personally I loved this book. I read it in 6th grade and it really allowed me to delve into the character's mind. People believe that it should be for 13+ but I read it around age 11. (I stumbled upon it in my collection of books) There isn't really any gorey scenes, but the step father does beat the protagonist. I've read the book at least 13 times. It's a book you can read again and again and not get tired of it. There may be some concern that it's to mature for young readers, but you should allow your kids to read it if you believe the are mature enough. It's an awe inspiring book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byteenage_reviews... September 22, 2010

this book is a perfect example of a sittuation many teens are put in . My self im four teen and i personaly loved, it made me realize how easy my life actualy is. It gives a good example of the struggles of a teenagers life i recomend that parents read this book. it is well writen with a good story line.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysweep26 May 18, 2010

BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ.

I love this book ever since i read when i was in eight grade (14) and my teacher recommend this book to me, it was constantly reading at night trying to see, if John would get the girl. It is a very real and captivating story for all ages. This book deals with drugs and abuse (we can see how those two go together) and it very funny at times. John's only friend is him self so to speak because he is alone and no one knows that he suffering. John makes up a lot things that he believes what is really under the skin of that object or person. Such as he believes his tuba is really a frog acting like a tuba. This story like i mentioned before is captivating and a page turner all the way. I am very happy my Eight grade English teacher told me about this wonderful book. I loved this book so much that i am reading it again a year later. This book is a definite MUST read for any age in the teens. This novel deals with brain and depression and suicide. But remember there is alway light at the end of the tunnel. :-)
Teen, 15 years old Written byShahl April 6, 2010

I officially made this my favorite book of all time. I read it a year ago and it's still my favorite. It's just . . so sweet and sad. John is a person almost anyone can identity with
Teen, 16 years old Written byAdriana62 November 15, 2011

Well Written

This book had an interesting way of writing, it was often in second person (to his mom) but used a lot of metaphors. It was hard for me to read about the physical abuse, so that subplots were a nice break.
Teen, 14 years old Written byI am here October 11, 2011

It's ok but freaky

I thought the book was ok, but kind of creepy. Not good for projects or book reports. There's so many conflicts and characters, it's hard to keep up.
Teen, 17 years old Written byskinnygirl8888 February 13, 2010

Good story, bland writing

I thought the story was great and I enjoyed the characters. The writing was pretty basic. The narrator is supposed to be 14, and the style of writing didn't seem to fit. Although the summary says his moms bf's abusive, its actually not brought up in the story as much as you would think.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarkHaze321 December 14, 2009

summary?

this book was very notifying for kids who are abusing/bullying other students in school. being respectful can vary in many good results or feedbacks. Most students dont think before doing something. this can effect the childs emotions and procpectives as they live there life.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRes5beast November 27, 2009

This is a good book. I discovered this book because one day I was in class and I saw this book. I read the cover and it was pretty good. So I started reading and it pulled me in it was so interesting.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJVazquez November 18, 2009

Its a vary good book. i can connect with the kid because i have been in many of his situations.but the face that it shows a teenagers prospective is a vary good feel of life.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCandyholic October 15, 2009

Loved it

I like the fact that this book shows just how horrible the life of a child who is being abused is. It's very emotional for me, I was abused as a child and could really connect with John.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybandgeek August 19, 2009

fine for tweens

i didnt think it was very good. i thought it was kinda boring and confusing because of the way he would say things.
Kid, 12 years old May 15, 2009