Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Zita the Spacegirl

Brave girl seeks missing friend in exciting graphic novel.

Based on 1 review
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byLC70 November 30, 2012

Zita is Awesome!

This is a really good book. My brother and I have read it many times. It's very exciting, but there's nothing too scary in it. Some of the aliens are weird looking. But it's really fun and most kids will like it, boys and girls.
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byPrimprim October 25, 2018

Great action adventure

I read this to my 7 year old daughter and she loved everything about it. It is a fun book that kept me entertained. I was a little bothered by the language and some of the violence. I just had to censor things a bit. I didn't realize it would be so much but, the great story makes up for all of it. We are currently reading the last book in the series and I am sad that it is coming to an end. I have now added other books by Hatke to our "want to read" list.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byLena H. January 26, 2018

Great for kids of all ages

This is a fun, fast-paced and yet emotionally deep story of a brave girl and her brother who are whisked through a portal into space. The aliens are imaginative and fun, and the art is whimsical and engaging. The story has a strong female main character who both girls and boys can relate to. Her loyalty, sense of right and wrong, kindness, and bravery will have anyone rooting for her. Great book for kids.

Educational Value