Common Classroom: The Common Sense Education Blog
Stay Connected to Common Sense Media for Educators
You Asked, We Listened: Spanish Resources Are Here!
As the educator community manager here at Common Sense Media, I often field requests from educators who would like to see our materials in Spanish. I am excited to announce today that we have added Spanish versions of our family tip sheets, videos, and most recently, student-facing lesson materials.
Here's a roundup of all of the materials we now offer in Spanish:
- NEW: Student-Facing Lesson Materials. Found on the right-hand side of each lesson page in our curriculum under the Materiales en español heading.
- NEW: Student-Facing Materials for Digital Passport. Found in the Educator Materials tab, student handouts, missions, and certificates.
- Family Tip Sheets (click Spanish to view). Provide advice about current issues related to the age-appropriate topics we addres in our K-12 Digital Literacy and Citizenship Curriculum.
- Family Media Agreements [PDF]. Encourage families to discuss expectations for media and technology use at home.
- Customizable Device Contract [PDF]. Establish guidelines for responsible device care.
- Advice for Families Videos. Covering topics such as social media, setting limits, and managing app use by preschoolers.
We hope you find the new Spanish-language additions useful. Please share with your community! Is there anything else you'd like to see us provide in Spanish? Let us know in the comments - we're always listening!