The sweetest, gentlest action heroes around.

Teen, 13 years old Written bypie or pie March 29, 2012

oh my god this game is so amazing

The game's puzzles are challengeing (even for me) the diffrent power -ups are amazing. this game is so inocent. THE POWER-UPS ARE JELLY BEANS!!!! :) i love this game and so does my 4 year old brother. dskane. your review sounds like an OVER protective parent TO THE MAX
Teen, 16 years old Written byChronoTrigger July 3, 2011

Trouble on Blobulania (NES) review

*THIS REVIEW APPLIES ONLY TO THE NES VERSION* I have this game on NES, and on the Wii. I prefer the NES version. It's not scary, but it can be a little unpredictable if your kid doesn't have very good puzzle solving skills. Still a pretty fun game, even if you can't beat it. You can see a banner/advertisement for the company "Shockwave" inside the game in various places, but, who cares? They're just a internet media scripting company. Can't buy anything from them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe online sign... August 8, 2010

A great pleaser for all ages.

A fantastic game that is innocent and really fun, and the boy is helping the blob, not exploiting him, and its obviously not scary.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bydskane December 25, 2009

Boy falls dead when touched and cut scene creatures are scary

I enjoyed this game but I would strongly caution against it for young children. Within 2 minutes of playing the game myself an evil blob touched the boy (the character you play) and he falls to the ground dead. Although he's instantly resurrected for another round of the game, I found this image to be visibly jarring and was glad that I did not give my young children the game as I had originally planned. I have found that some ratings on games for this site (which I really like) have a grey area where a parent may be swayed a little older or younger on the age recommendations, but I would not on this one and may even bump it a year to age 9. In the opening cut scene we also see the evil creatures which resemble black ghosts with ghoulish faces chasing the boy. This image may illicit some scary thoughts and bad dreams, so steer clear of this game for young children or kids that have challenges with fearful dreams. I believe that Boy and is Blob is also way too scary for young players. The game itself is very enjoyable, but again only for 9 and up, in my opinion.
Parent of a 4, 8, and 10 year old Written byA responsible adult October 22, 2009

My review has a title

The boy clearly exploits his blob without any concerns for it's safety. Along with feeding it a constant supply of jelly beans, instead of more health conscious foods, the blob gets eaten, jumped on, shoved in a backpack, carelessly thrown at enemies and spikes and abused. While the boy may hug the blob it could never make up for the pain the blob must feel on the inside.