All member reviews for AdventureQuest Worlds

Simple MMO for kids interested in hack 'n' slash gameplay.

Teen, 16 years old Written byfantasy_faerie January 24, 2011

Fun MMORPG with cute graphics

CONCERNS Violence: Although AdventureQuest Worlds is a fighting game, there is little to no blood. Players can fight other players using the game's PvP system. Sex: There are a few scantily clad armors, Battle Swimwear for example. Cybersexing can be found on AQW but rarely. There are also in-game marriages sometimes. Language: There are some people who use bad language but the filter stops most of it. To avoid bad language altogether, players can go on Moglin-safe servers where only canned chat is allowed. Consumerism: Some equipment is only for paid members. There are also zones that you need a paid membership to access. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: Players can consume potions, and there is a weapon that resembles a mug of beer. HIGHLIGHTS Educational: There isn't much educational value in AQW. Messages: AQW encourages players to help the good and defeat the bad. Easy to Play: There are some puzzles that require more than basic thinking, but fighting is extremely easy. Safety: Players are constantly reminded to not give out their login info.
Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2010
This is a mildly fun game, but it gets boring quickly. All you do is slash monsters until they die, and with experience, the game just gets to a point where it is just too easy.
Kid, 11 years old March 25, 2011
Nice game I don't pay it anymroe though but when I payed it I liked it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysaf-t2u January 8, 2011

cool for 9+

love it p.s. dragon fable by the same people is also very good an the on interaction you get is npcs(non-player characters) its a role-playng game (rpg) which makes it more secure
Teen, 13 years old Written byPera Perić February 7, 2016

Garbage

This game is sooo boring, the animation is bad and you even have to pay for stuff, yeah skip this one, do not bother playing it, its trash...
Parent Written byadamb1 February 13, 2015

Designed for players of all ages

AdventureQuest Worlds is designed for players of all ages. It does not contain any swearing, blood nor alcohol/drug references. Players under 13 are restricted to "Moglin Safe Servers" which are servers that only allow canned chat (safe pre-made chat messages.) The game runs in the web browser allowing it to be accessed from any computer.
Kid, 12 years old September 28, 2014

I am speaking from when I played this game at a far younger age.

It's not easy to get addicted to, and it remains fun. If you're on a hard section, you can fight with other players together and still gain. Anyways, the events are usually content-filled and some of the cutscenes are downright hilarious, especially the intro. It's satisfying whenever you beat a region or a quest, and I all-around recommend this game.
Educator Written byCardui April 16, 2014

Exciting for kids and forces them to read the story.

The reason why this game is good because it forces your child to read the quests and learn the quest item location is. Reading quests, stories and instructions is necessary to overcome obstacles in the game. Not only that, the game is also very interactive in real life because the developers would love to see armor and weapon ideas from the players, which also inspires creativity.
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2013

The first AE game with privacy concerns.

Violence: The game is based on combat between the player and enemies, so it does contain some violence, though no blood or gore. Consumerism: Whenever you try to access something that requires paid membership when you are not a paid member, a screen covering the whole game urges you to buy membership. A small pop-up also occurs urging you to buy Adventure Coins(the game's paid currency) when you lack the amount required to buy an item. Drinking, drugs & smoking: Players can drink many different potions that effect their character. Safety and Privacy: Buying membership will open up a whole new concern of safety and privacy. Normally, players under the age of 13 are not allowed to go on servers that allow chat. Buying membership will let a player under the age of 13 to go on servers that allow chat not included in the safe chat menu. The game does have a chat filter, but players can give out some private information in chat.
Parent Written byAQW Shank July 26, 2011

Best game ever for all ages!!!

I've been playing AQWorlds since the Alpha testing phase of the game, my sister plays it just as much as I do and we're hooked. There is no reason to fear your child playing this game but there are a few things you may want to know about it. The first thing is that some of the players can add letters or symbols to words to get them by the chat filter(please note the chat filter is constantly being updated to prevent this). The second thing about it is that some players abuse "emotes" such as "/dance", this is sometimes done behind a character to make it look like the one dancing is having sex with the one in front. The last thing is that some of the armors for girls are a bit too sexy but still appropriate. If this report does not make you want to let your child play please reconsider and restrict them to the canned chat servers but I do not recommend them because they are the most annoying ones to use due to their slowness or "lag" as the players call it.
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2010

too much pressure

i think its an okay game (i don't like it but other people do) the only problem is that there is too much pressure to buy stuff. at every turn, store, quest you go to you can't finish the storyline because you need to buy an account to finish the storyline you are DEFINETLY pressured to buy an account and dragon coins so good for your 9+ year old but no for younger children
Teen, 17 years old Written byMysty Waters May 30, 2016

For those that like to be unique

This game is less about action and more about loot/making your character look amazing. New clothes/weapons are consistently added to the game, and the stories could be a lot worse. Very grind-heavy. For those that like the character-customization aspect of an RPG.
Adult Written byAustinM 1 October 11, 2015

Amazing

This game is amazing for younger kids and older kids, its got action in it and fighting but its duled down so that 8 year old kids and up are not seeing blood or anything, Although this game is updating all the time and some things are hard to figure out, so if u do allow your kid to play this game, you should see the game yourself and help them with some challenges, because a lot of quests require thinking.
Teen, 13 years old Written byI_Help_Rate_Stuff August 17, 2015
The game is a pretty good game. I play it sometimes and for a few hours. It is addicting but when it comes to "farming", i get bored easily. You have to work incredibly hard for some things and that can occupy a lot of your time. Some armors are kind of inappropriate but that doesn't really affect the gameplay much. When it comes to buying things with real money, it is pretty okay. You work hard on the game and in return, you get some epic loot. Buying stuff is the LAZY WAY OUT! The game doesn't force you to buy anything and there is a great balance between member and non members. Playing this game for more than 6 hours is HIGHLY unlikely. Most people will probably get bored at some point because of "farming" which is incredibly boring. Most people use bots which i don't use in case of some virus on my pc.
Educator and Parent Written bystaytrue December 3, 2014

Addictive and costly

I say beware of this game. My son recently got into this game. It seemed harmless at first, not to much violence... than he needed money to open an account, than he needed money to buy tokens to play a higher level... I found him up in the middle of the night playing this game. He couldn't stop. After I would not pay for more, I found he started sneaking ways to try and buy more membership and tokens.... This is very upsetting. Not a good game to encourage addictions. Also, he thought he made a friend on the game who ended up cheating him and taking away his account and stole money from him! This game is not for the innocent. Way to many temptations and dangers.
Kid, 10 years old May 9, 2013

GO FOR IT !!!!

I've tried this game and it really grabbed me. It's really fun and I think that kids and yes both gender should try this. There's no blood or guts totally kid appropriate. Even if you hate these kinds of games still they should totally try it :D If kids want to try let them totally safe so very,very,very,very safe.
Adult Written byFinalFantasy April 4, 2013

Good Game!

I personally think the game is very well designed and planned out for younger children to enjoy themselves safely. I play it myself and I'm a bit worried that no-one else my age does! It's a very fun game with a lot of things that you can do. There are a couple of times it tells you to "Upgrade" which means paying for extra features, so your child may want to do this... But other than that it is a pretty easy going game, very simple to understand and very easy to enjoy!
Kid, 10 years old November 30, 2012

OK game

Eh not my favorite.First of all its VERY confusing when you first play.But the armour the girls wear is not very appropriote for kids.Its a OK game but i do not recommend it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byXeno1999 October 23, 2012

Ok for pre-teens and teens.

Great game if you're asking me. I personally have played this game myself and there is a positive message from what I think: be yourself, never lose yourself to corruption. Not exactly for adults since the content wouldn't interest many people. Violence, yes there is mild violence for the slashing actions and all but no there isn't blood unless if you're talking about safiria the vampire queen's castle, that is an exception. Sex. No but some fools do the dancing action to make it look like it, but rarely so for the little ones, you might wanna stick to canned chat. Swearing? No not much except for some who try to avoid the filter. Stick to canned chat again. Consumerism, for membership and adventure coins, yes. But besides that, no. Drinking? No but except those fairy tale drinks and a dagger that resembles a jar of rum, not that I know of. Learning? Yes there are mind games suppose remembering and copying and some messages. Therefore I recommend the game to pre-teenagers but for kids, they're better off playing adventure quest.
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2012

aqw, a great game

AQW is a great game! It's not too violenced too but some stuff cost some money although the thing is, Adventure Coins can be free from offers yet it also have some adds... but this is a great game for people who like to adventure!