All teen and kid member reviews for AdventureQuest Worlds

Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2010
This is a mildly fun game, but it gets boring quickly. All you do is slash monsters until they die, and with experience, the game just gets to a point where it is just too easy.
Teen, 16 years old Written byfantasy_faerie January 24, 2011

Fun MMORPG with cute graphics

CONCERNS Violence: Although AdventureQuest Worlds is a fighting game, there is little to no blood. Players can fight other players using the game's PvP system. Sex: There are a few scantily clad armors, Battle Swimwear for example. Cybersexing can be found on AQW but rarely. There are also in-game marriages sometimes. Language: There are some people who use bad language but the filter stops most of it. To avoid bad language altogether, players can go on Moglin-safe servers where only canned chat is allowed. Consumerism: Some equipment is only for paid members. There are also zones that you need a paid membership to access. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: Players can consume potions, and there is a weapon that resembles a mug of beer. HIGHLIGHTS Educational: There isn't much educational value in AQW. Messages: AQW encourages players to help the good and defeat the bad. Easy to Play: There are some puzzles that require more than basic thinking, but fighting is extremely easy. Safety: Players are constantly reminded to not give out their login info.
Kid, 11 years old March 25, 2011
Nice game I don't pay it anymroe though but when I payed it I liked it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysaf-t2u January 8, 2011

cool for 9+

love it p.s. dragon fable by the same people is also very good an the on interaction you get is npcs(non-player characters) its a role-playng game (rpg) which makes it more secure
Kid, 12 years old September 28, 2014

I am speaking from when I played this game at a far younger age.

It's not easy to get addicted to, and it remains fun. If you're on a hard section, you can fight with other players together and still gain. Anyways, the events are usually content-filled and some of the cutscenes are downright hilarious, especially the intro. It's satisfying whenever you beat a region or a quest, and I all-around recommend this game.
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2013

The first AE game with privacy concerns.

Violence: The game is based on combat between the player and enemies, so it does contain some violence, though no blood or gore. Consumerism: Whenever you try to access something that requires paid membership when you are not a paid member, a screen covering the whole game urges you to buy membership. A small pop-up also occurs urging you to buy Adventure Coins(the game's paid currency) when you lack the amount required to buy an item. Drinking, drugs & smoking: Players can drink many different potions that effect their character. Safety and Privacy: Buying membership will open up a whole new concern of safety and privacy. Normally, players under the age of 13 are not allowed to go on servers that allow chat. Buying membership will let a player under the age of 13 to go on servers that allow chat not included in the safe chat menu. The game does have a chat filter, but players can give out some private information in chat.
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2010

too much pressure

i think its an okay game (i don't like it but other people do) the only problem is that there is too much pressure to buy stuff. at every turn, store, quest you go to you can't finish the storyline because you need to buy an account to finish the storyline you are DEFINETLY pressured to buy an account and dragon coins so good for your 9+ year old but no for younger children
Teen, 13 years old Written byI_Help_Rate_Stuff August 17, 2015
The game is a pretty good game. I play it sometimes and for a few hours. It is addicting but when it comes to "farming", i get bored easily. You have to work incredibly hard for some things and that can occupy a lot of your time. Some armors are kind of inappropriate but that doesn't really affect the gameplay much. When it comes to buying things with real money, it is pretty okay. You work hard on the game and in return, you get some epic loot. Buying stuff is the LAZY WAY OUT! The game doesn't force you to buy anything and there is a great balance between member and non members. Playing this game for more than 6 hours is HIGHLY unlikely. Most people will probably get bored at some point because of "farming" which is incredibly boring. Most people use bots which i don't use in case of some virus on my pc.
Kid, 10 years old May 9, 2013

GO FOR IT !!!!

I've tried this game and it really grabbed me. It's really fun and I think that kids and yes both gender should try this. There's no blood or guts totally kid appropriate. Even if you hate these kinds of games still they should totally try it :D If kids want to try let them totally safe so very,very,very,very safe.
Kid, 10 years old November 30, 2012
LEARNING

OK game

Eh not my favorite.First of all its VERY confusing when you first play.But the armour the girls wear is not very appropriote for kids.Its a OK game but i do not recommend it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byXeno1999 October 23, 2012

Ok for pre-teens and teens.

Great game if you're asking me. I personally have played this game myself and there is a positive message from what I think: be yourself, never lose yourself to corruption. Not exactly for adults since the content wouldn't interest many people. Violence, yes there is mild violence for the slashing actions and all but no there isn't blood unless if you're talking about safiria the vampire queen's castle, that is an exception. Sex. No but some fools do the dancing action to make it look like it, but rarely so for the little ones, you might wanna stick to canned chat. Swearing? No not much except for some who try to avoid the filter. Stick to canned chat again. Consumerism, for membership and adventure coins, yes. But besides that, no. Drinking? No but except those fairy tale drinks and a dagger that resembles a jar of rum, not that I know of. Learning? Yes there are mind games suppose remembering and copying and some messages. Therefore I recommend the game to pre-teenagers but for kids, they're better off playing adventure quest.
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2012

aqw, a great game

AQW is a great game! It's not too violenced too but some stuff cost some money although the thing is, Adventure Coins can be free from offers yet it also have some adds... but this is a great game for people who like to adventure!
Kid, 10 years old March 7, 2012

good teaches teamwork

It's a great game but it has some cartoon that may not be good for children under 7 it can also teach teamwork
Teen, 15 years old Written byAlexWeiss February 25, 2012

Pretty good.

Very fun MMORPG for kids above 13. If you're super-overly religious, don't use it because you'll freak out about every little tiny detail. Anyways, fun MMORPG, filtered, though some content seems to get through the filter. Violent, but no blood. Most items have to be bought with a membership or AQ coins... something like that. But it's pretty fun.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZonzoGamer October 5, 2011

Good game with good messages

This game is amazing you solve puzzles, you and your friends can log on and fight "boss" monsters for fun or you can make a house (very fun) buy weapons, and train stats that let you use new special moves, for example
Teen, 13 years old Written byteen_sk8r July 25, 2011

Okay Game

Adventure Quest Worlds or AQW is a decent game. Though when i played it it got boring really fast for me because all I did was kill monsters because the quests i wanted to go on were members only. Another thing is that alot of the game you have to pay for with AC (Adventure Coins) or buy a guardian account. I thought that was pretty stupid. I don't play it anymore but it was fun to play with friends. Also some people will go around the language filter and say bad things at you which could be a problem if you are under a certian age I think around 8+. So i rate this game for eight and older.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitsutsunaka May 28, 2011

Great For Everyone!

Good game, quite appropriate and all-age friendly. Been playing for a few years with some friends who are both younger and the same age with me - a better alternative to big games like RuneScape and MapleStory. Just needs more players! :D Very safe, online safety is not to be worried about here. No blood, almost no actual violence, just hacking and slashing. Very interesting, as you can switch between classes for different skill types. Overall, great game!!
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2011

Tweens & teens, check it out!!!

It's great as far as promoting teamwork and it sends positive messages, but for anyone 10 or 9, it depends on the person, and no-one below that age frame should really be too keen on it, because they probably would only focus on the violence. Tweens and above should really check it out!
Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2011

If your 8+ play this game!

I play this alot and I love it, but sometimes people will ask for your password and try to steal your account but anytime somebody does that a message pops up to remind you not to give your password to anyone. Also if someone asks for your password you can report them.This game is really easy to play. Other than that, I say this game is great for people 8 years of age or older.
Kid, 10 years old December 22, 2010
this game promotes teamwork in the later levels and is very easy to play. this game is rated E10, so you'll find some fantasy violence, if not mild. when you get to the site, the game adveritses an online store and the other games they have made all available on battleon.com. the only reason language is of concern is because you can say OMG and your character says this throughout the storyline i.e. princess: this imy dwagon! get your own! you: O...M...G