All member reviews for AdventureQuest Worlds

Teen, 16 years old Written byfantasy_faerie January 24, 2011

Fun MMORPG with cute graphics

CONCERNS Violence: Although AdventureQuest Worlds is a fighting game, there is little to no blood. Players can fight other players using the game's PvP system. Sex: There are a few scantily clad armors, Battle Swimwear for example. Cybersexing can be found on AQW but rarely. There are also in-game marriages sometimes. Language: There are some people who use bad language but the filter stops most of it. To avoid bad language altogether, players can go on Moglin-safe servers where only canned chat is allowed. Consumerism: Some equipment is only for paid members. There are also zones that you need a paid membership to access. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: Players can consume potions, and there is a weapon that resembles a mug of beer. HIGHLIGHTS Educational: There isn't much educational value in AQW. Messages: AQW encourages players to help the good and defeat the bad. Easy to Play: There are some puzzles that require more than basic thinking, but fighting is extremely easy. Safety: Players are constantly reminded to not give out their login info.
Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2010

This is a mildly fun game, but it gets boring quickly. All you do is slash monsters until they die, and with experience, the game just gets to a point where it is just too easy.
Kid, 11 years old March 25, 2011

Nice game I don't pay it anymroe though but when I payed it I liked it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysaf-t2u January 8, 2011

cool for 9+

love it p.s. dragon fable by the same people is also very good an the on interaction you get is npcs(non-player characters) its a role-playng game (rpg) which makes it more secure
Kid, 12 years old September 28, 2014

I am speaking from when I played this game at a far younger age.

It's not easy to get addicted to, and it remains fun. If you're on a hard section, you can fight with other players together and still gain. Anyways, the events are usually content-filled and some of the cutscenes are downright hilarious, especially the intro. It's satisfying whenever you beat a region or a quest, and I all-around recommend this game.
Educator Written byCardui April 16, 2014

Exciting for kids and forces them to read the story.

The reason why this game is good because it forces your child to read the quests and learn the quest item location is. Reading quests, stories and instructions is necessary to overcome obstacles in the game. Not only that, the game is also very interactive in real life because the developers would love to see armor and weapon ideas from the players, which also inspires creativity.
Parent Written byAQW Shank July 26, 2011

Best game ever for all ages!!!

I've been playing AQWorlds since the Alpha testing phase of the game, my sister plays it just as much as I do and we're hooked. There is no reason to fear your child playing this game but there are a few things you may want to know about it. The first thing is that some of the players can add letters or symbols to words to get them by the chat filter(please note the chat filter is constantly being updated to prevent this). The second thing about it is that some players abuse "emotes" such as "/dance", this is sometimes done behind a character to make it look like the one dancing is having sex with the one in front. The last thing is that some of the armors for girls are a bit too sexy but still appropriate. If this report does not make you want to let your child play please reconsider and restrict them to the canned chat servers but I do not recommend them because they are the most annoying ones to use due to their slowness or "lag" as the players call it.
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2010

too much pressure

i think its an okay game (i don't like it but other people do) the only problem is that there is too much pressure to buy stuff. at every turn, store, quest you go to you can't finish the storyline because you need to buy an account to finish the storyline you are DEFINETLY pressured to buy an account and dragon coins so good for your 9+ year old but no for younger children
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2013

The first AE game with privacy concerns.

Violence: The game is based on combat between the player and enemies, so it does contain some violence, though no blood or gore. Consumerism: Whenever you try to access something that requires paid membership when you are not a paid member, a screen covering the whole game urges you to buy membership. A small pop-up also occurs urging you to buy Adventure Coins(the game's paid currency) when you lack the amount required to buy an item. Drinking, drugs & smoking: Players can drink many different potions that effect their character. Safety and Privacy: Buying membership will open up a whole new concern of safety and privacy. Normally, players under the age of 13 are not allowed to go on servers that allow chat. Buying membership will let a player under the age of 13 to go on servers that allow chat not included in the safe chat menu. The game does have a chat filter, but players can give out some private information in chat.
Kid, 10 years old May 9, 2013

GO FOR IT !!!!

I've tried this game and it really grabbed me. It's really fun and I think that kids and yes both gender should try this. There's no blood or guts totally kid appropriate. Even if you hate these kinds of games still they should totally try it :D If kids want to try let them totally safe so very,very,very,very safe.
Adult Written byFinalFantasy April 4, 2013

Good Game!

I personally think the game is very well designed and planned out for younger children to enjoy themselves safely. I play it myself and I'm a bit worried that no-one else my age does! It's a very fun game with a lot of things that you can do. There are a couple of times it tells you to "Upgrade" which means paying for extra features, so your child may want to do this... But other than that it is a pretty easy going game, very simple to understand and very easy to enjoy!
Kid, 10 years old November 30, 2012

LEARNING

OK game

Eh not my favorite.First of all its VERY confusing when you first play.But the armour the girls wear is not very appropriote for kids.Its a OK game but i do not recommend it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byXeno1999 October 23, 2012

Ok for pre-teens and teens.

Great game if you're asking me. I personally have played this game myself and there is a positive message from what I think: be yourself, never lose yourself to corruption. Not exactly for adults since the content wouldn't interest many people. Violence, yes there is mild violence for the slashing actions and all but no there isn't blood unless if you're talking about safiria the vampire queen's castle, that is an exception. Sex. No but some fools do the dancing action to make it look like it, but rarely so for the little ones, you might wanna stick to canned chat. Swearing? No not much except for some who try to avoid the filter. Stick to canned chat again. Consumerism, for membership and adventure coins, yes. But besides that, no. Drinking? No but except those fairy tale drinks and a dagger that resembles a jar of rum, not that I know of. Learning? Yes there are mind games suppose remembering and copying and some messages. Therefore I recommend the game to pre-teenagers but for kids, they're better off playing adventure quest.
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2012

aqw, a great game

AQW is a great game! It's not too violenced too but some stuff cost some money although the thing is, Adventure Coins can be free from offers yet it also have some adds... but this is a great game for people who like to adventure!
Adult Written byking lemon April 13, 2012

educational and fun

The game has a wide range of activities to do and offers lots of resources kids can use to help learn on completing tasks and remembering where to go. it also has a canned chat server, which is a server where chat is limited from the available phrases. along the way kids can meet new players and travel in a party to take down bosses
Kid, 10 years old March 7, 2012

good teaches teamwork

It's a great game but it has some cartoon that may not be good for children under 7 it can also teach teamwork
Teen, 15 years old Written byAlexWeiss February 25, 2012

Pretty good.

Very fun MMORPG for kids above 13. If you're super-overly religious, don't use it because you'll freak out about every little tiny detail. Anyways, fun MMORPG, filtered, though some content seems to get through the filter. Violent, but no blood. Most items have to be bought with a membership or AQ coins... something like that. But it's pretty fun.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZonzoGamer October 5, 2011

Good game with good messages

This game is amazing you solve puzzles, you and your friends can log on and fight "boss" monsters for fun or you can make a house (very fun) buy weapons, and train stats that let you use new special moves, for example
Teen, 13 years old Written byteen_sk8r July 25, 2011

Okay Game

Adventure Quest Worlds or AQW is a decent game. Though when i played it it got boring really fast for me because all I did was kill monsters because the quests i wanted to go on were members only. Another thing is that alot of the game you have to pay for with AC (Adventure Coins) or buy a guardian account. I thought that was pretty stupid. I don't play it anymore but it was fun to play with friends. Also some people will go around the language filter and say bad things at you which could be a problem if you are under a certian age I think around 8+. So i rate this game for eight and older.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitsutsunaka May 28, 2011

Great For Everyone!

Good game, quite appropriate and all-age friendly. Been playing for a few years with some friends who are both younger and the same age with me - a better alternative to big games like RuneScape and MapleStory. Just needs more players! :D Very safe, online safety is not to be worried about here. No blood, almost no actual violence, just hacking and slashing. Very interesting, as you can switch between classes for different skill types. Overall, great game!!