All member reviews for AdventureQuest

Kid, 11 years old September 15, 2009

The best

This is my favorite RPG on the web. I'm level 73 and an x-guardian. I payed a small amount of money and it was sooooo worth it! This game is endless so you can play it forever without getting bored. I love this game. The creators, Artix Entertainment, are the best. awesome
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2013

Ok game, with a few concerns regarding how 'inappropriate' it is.

Violence: Because Adventure Quest is based on combat between the player and a monster, there is some violence, though no blood or gore. Language: There is an occasional 'Shut Up' in Adventure Quest, but language doesn't get worse than that. Consumerism: Adventure Quest, like almost any other game, consistently urges you to pay for Guardianship(their form of paid Membership) and Z-Tokens(the paid currency in the game). Drinking, drugs & smoking: Players can drink several different potions, which have different effects on their character.
Teen, 14 years old Written byzapper1234566 March 14, 2009

AMAZING!!!

the game is easy fune and slightly wierd but is pretty staight fowrd travel around do quest side with who seems right save people and the world of lore countless times, and have a cute yet evil charecter named zorbak. so in conclusion fun,easy, AMAZING!!! even for a n00b
Kid, 9 years old April 15, 2011

Kinda fun.

The game was kinda fun, but I prefer AQWorlds (what I originally got this mixed up with).
Teen, 13 years old Written byCodemaster May 6, 2010

Great!

Well, I am an X-Guardian on this game, and am a loving fan of Artix Entertainment, whom makes this and many other games. I am a level 82, and am a total Mage. I have as many mana points as I do life points, and have a variety of powerful spells. Anyway, this game is easy and fun to play.
Kid, 12 years old August 28, 2010

OK, but always too simple or too hard.

Me and my friends were really into it, but we started hating it soon. It actually is pretty fun, but its really hard to grow levels at about 20, and it has a bit of violence.
Kid, 10 years old November 18, 2009

ADVENTURE QUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game! It is my favorite RPG ever! Im a level 45 x-guardian! The x-guardian deal is sooooo worth it! It only cost 20 dollars for life! And you get better weapons, shields, magic, armor, and pets. You also have a chance to fight cooler monsters!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccerfruity February 15, 2009
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

best game of my life

the funnest game i evered played!!! the monsters look so coool!....... it real fun wen u get todo the qeust that u get evry day!
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

This is a pretty good computer game but I have seen better ones.

The monsters and dragons in this game are not scary and i'm seven!!
Parent of a 13 year old Written bycereza August 23, 2015

A Decent Free Game

With so many free games out there it's pretty hard to find one that has the right balance of content and at the same time doesn't try to get your money and chance it gets. Of the many games I've seen, Adventure Quest does pretty well. Story and Messages - A generally light hearted romp through a fantasy world. You are placed on the "good side" so to speak when you begin and fight for justice, peace, and everything in between. There are occasional "Alignment Choices" in some quests which lean towards one of the elements of morality (Good, Evil, Chaos, and Unity). Often, these simply change the outcome of the quest and in most cases you can go through again and make a different choice. There are quite a few characters within the game with some good, some evil, and some morally gray. Though the game is not bursting at the seams with great role models, there are many morally good characters and those that act in the interest of others. The game is mostly fighting sections in a turn-based RPG format. The use of weapons such as swords, bows, etc. as well as magic is shown, but no bloodshed. Language - There isn't really anything in the language department that isn't to be feared. There is no swearing of any type, the most you'll get is a heck or dang. A large slice of the comedy in the game comes from puns, most of which are either family friendly. Occasionally, these jokes do make a nod to things that could be considered "more adult" but any teen or pre-teen will be fine with them. (The most I ever saw was a female character who commented on the character carrying around many items with the joke "You should have worse back problems then most of my girls here.") Drinking/Drugs/Etc. - There is no mention of any such things by name. There is occasional mention of a fictional juice named "Mogleberry Juice" but it is not implied to be alcoholic. Purchases/Microtransactions - Adventure Quest has only two things to purchase. The first is a membership referred to "Guardianship" and is a one-time payment of 19.95USD (per character). Guardians can also upgrade to "X-Guardians" for 5USD more when purchasing standard Guardianship or later on for 9.95USD. Buying Guardianship unlocks all of the content the game has to offer. Previously I mentioned the cost is per character, but note that you can change your characters name, gender, and appearance without having to pay additional fees. The second paid product is Z-Tokens, a secondary currency in game used to buy some powerful items. However, in most cases, Z-Token items can be purchased using gold but at a later level. Z-Tokens can occasionally be found in-game after defeating monsters. The prices for Z-Tokens vary by the amount you are purchasing. The prices can be found at: https://secure.battleon.com/aq-buytokens1.asp Safety and Privacy - There is no interaction with other players in-game and your credit card information is not saved to your account after a purchase. All purchases are encrypted through SSL. Additional Notes - Players can connect their Adventure Quest account to a "Artix Master Account" which is used to play other games by the studio and make purchases for their account with "Artix Points" that can be spent in any of their games. However, getting a Master Account is only required for some of their games and Adventure Quest is not one of them. For information on what you can do after linking to the Master Account: https://portal.battleon.com/store/packages/adventurequest.asp Master Account "For Parents" page: https://portal.battleon.com/parents/ Overall - Adventure Quest is a relatively non-violent free RPG for teens and pre-teens. Adventure Quest has few microtransactions and lots of content. Adventure Quest has relatively good messages but also has moral choices.
Kid, 11 years old June 17, 2015

Adventure Quest is a really fun game.

It is one of the best virtual worlds that I've seen. It's really fun and continuous. It never ends, and you have a choice whether you would like to communicate or not. Even then, when I go to the regular chat, I usually only get asked for directions or if I would like to be their friend. Even few times, I get asked to join their party to help with boss battles. It's kid friendly, and it has a bit of humor in the cut scenes. It has a bit of violence, but honestly its just sparks and the losing fighter falling to the ground. From what I've played, I haven't seen any blood yet. It does have memberships, but your never really pushed to do it, because although members can do other stuff, the website is so huge, that non-members still have a wide variety of things to do. I have played this game since I was at least 7, and from beginning to end, I always had fun. The loss of the 1 star is because after 2-3 hours of playing, I get bored, but I still always come back after a few hours or the next day.
Parent Written byadamb1 February 13, 2015

13 years of consistant quality

AdventureQuest was created in 2002 as a simple monster battling game. It has been updated every week with new content since. It is not rated by the ESRB but was built for players of all ages in mind. It does not contain any swearing, blood, or content of an inappropriate nature. It is best played by players who are 13 years of age or older.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byTNGTestParent April 1, 2014

Pretty good

Over all not a bad game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byOdsey June 8, 2013

AdventureQuest review.

First of all, the game has been developed in 2002. Since it is 2013 now, the game will be much better than back then. The game is turned base, and even though it may seems boring, it is actually not. The game develop a strategy by using the turned base system. There is 6 stats to choose from and by leveling up, you can put 5 to one of the stats and 200 for the maximal. Each stats will put a different build. If you like using weapons that hit from a close distance, choose a warrior. What I meant by warrior is maximizing the str stat to 200. Warrior could also put a variety like Lucky warrior, annihilator warrior and beast warrior which also include maximizing other stat and put some other stat too. If you like to use magic choose to be a mage. Mage also has a weapon caled magic weapon that the purpose is that if Mage runs out of mana to use spells, they could still use magic weapons but at a reduced damage. Mage also has variety like warrior. The last variety is ranger. If you like to use ranged weapon such as bow,crossbow, be a ranger. There is also a weapon dedicated to Ranger like spears. To be a ranger effectively, maximize the dex stat. There is also variety to Ranger like the two other previous build. *You could also be a hybrid if you want, but I suggest doing it at higher level because you need to have 200 on dex,str and int to use it effectively. The graphics on AQ is also pretty good. The older mosnter might looks weird, but the AQ team has made a lot better monster. The gamplayis also fun but challenging. There is many equipment to choose from, each with advantage and disadvantages. There is also a elemental system in the game. (E.G: Water wins to fire, Darkness wins against light and so on) Which is not really complex but could and develop thinking. The higher level equipment is expensive(What I mean by expensive is not that you need to pay real money but earn the gold from monster) But you could still get the items fortunately. There is also a different between paying players and non paying players. The paying players(called guardians) Can get to level 150 and got a dozen of advantages that the non Guardian don't. But being a adventurer is fun even though they have a few disadvantages. I suggest being a guardian ecause it is only 1 time payment(19.95 dollars). There is also a secondary currency called Z tokens. *There is no music in the game but if you want to have music there is a miscellaneous item that cost 250 z token that you could buy to have music. This is one of the best game in the web for me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJadeemmy128 May 5, 2012

Best RPG Game EVA!!!

Adventure Quest is the best game EVA!! I have been playing it myself since I was eight or nine. The only problem is about the free membership. After a week or so of playing as an Adventurer (or free member) you have the logon servers, and you can never get on That is why I got the Guardianship a year after I signed up. It is very cheap (only $20!) so it's easily affordable. And, you can access the whole game! When you're a freee member, you can only get about 30% of the game. With being a Guardian, you can access all weapons, shields, spells, armor, all levels on classes, places, monsters, houses, quests, wars, NPCs etc And, now there is a new game by Artix Entertainment called Adventure Quest 3D, which is only in the alpha stage, and the only players that can reserve their names now are Guardians!! And, when the beta release comes, they can earn Alpha Points while playing,! Gameplay 10/10 It's simple yet fun. It is a turn on turn based game where you encounter random monsters (unless if you're on a quest) and you press buttons to attack. There is no blood or gore, so it's safe for young children. It takes a long time to level after you get past level 20, so the game teaches patience and persistence. There are also a lot of classes, like Pirate, Ninga, Dragslayer, Asssasin, Fighter, Mage, Ranger etc. Storyline 9/10 Adventure Quest has a magnificent storyline. There is one main one and hundreds of side ones on quests. Educational Value 9/10 All quests prompt players to read to get the whole jist, so it has some educational values Graphics 7/10 The graphics are okay, since it is an old game, but they are getting better and better Overall: 9/10 Overall, this game is addictive in a good way, you can never the beat the whole game, since new content comes almost every week and it is the funnest online RPG game ever!!!!
Parent Written byt_tag February 5, 2012

USE WITH CAUTION

We have a 7 yr old boy who started to play the game at his fathers house in a different state over the summer break. I watched the him play the game and started to see him becoming more and more angry. We limited his computer time to 30 min a day and that did not help. He was not allowed to play the game any more. Over the Christmas break father let the boy set for hours in front of the game and it has been a month since we got him home and his anger is explosive where as before he left for the Christmas visit he was the most loving kind boy you would ever meet. When taking to him he says he is mad at me and his step dad for not letting him play this game. I challenge you other parents to take a active roll in managing your children's time on this game and watch the results.
Teen, 13 years old Written byteen_sk8r July 26, 2011

Decent Game

Adventure Quest is a good game, but i would like it if it was like a mmorpg so you could talk to other players while fighting and you could fight battles with them. I used to play this game and sometimes will still get on it is kind of violent but it's a fighting game so you have to expect that. Some features are also for guardians only where you have to pay so i don't like that feature. Another thing i would like to be added to the game would be a pvp system, i think they'd get more people to play then.
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2011

AwesomeGame

This is one of the best online games there is. The only things I would be concerned about is that the player is asked to buy Guardian (membership) to unlock different aspects of the game (its worth it, though), and that on the forums, other players can be...interesting. The main character is fighting the evil there is in the world, so they're good. There is extremely little blood, and only some when you defeat a certain kind of monster, and even then it's mild.
Teen, 16 years old Written byfantasy_faerie January 24, 2011

A very good RPG, just a little iffy stuff

CONCERNS Violence: It's a fighting game, so obviously there is violence. However, there is no blood. But there is a defeat animation where the monster smashes himself with two glass pieces. Sex: There are some scantily clad female monsters. Language: The word "hell" is used in some places, but that's it as far as language goes. Consumerism: Whenever an adventurer logs in, s/he gets a message to upgrade to a Guardian, which requires payment. Some equipment also requires Z-Tokens, which also requires payment. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: Not an issue. Negative Messages: Not an issue. Safety Issues: Some players use very easy-to-guess login information, but that happens everywhere. HIGHLIGHTS Educational: Players can learn some educational stuff from AdventureQuest. Positive Messages: AdventureQuest encourages players to help the good and defeat the bad. Easy to Play: Fighting is extremely easy-- it's all about pressing buttons. There are some puzzles that require more than that, but not a lot. Safety Issues: Players are constantly reminded not to give out their login information.