All member reviews for Age of Empires II: Age of Kings

Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2009

hypocrisy? Much?

The violence in this game is very similar to Warcraft III, and you gave that a no kids? Anyway, great game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBub Bidderskins September 21, 2009

Excellent game for those of all ages

Excellent game, and educational, too. I actually won my school geography bee because I played this game. Serious. It really teaches medival history well, and has a section devoted to that, which you will want to read after you've played as all the characters it describes. The gameplay is excellent, and it is one of the best RTS games out there, even though it is quite old. It's great for those of any age.
Teen, 15 years old Written byawinnik January 15, 2011

i sleep through my world history class and i have an A because this game pretty much told me everything that happened. you also learn interesting things like Attila the Hun was not interested in wealth
Teen, 14 years old Written bycooljak96 August 25, 2010

Great strategic game for ages 8 up

Age of Empires is a strategic game. For those who know the game Civilization, this is basically an easier version of that. You start off with a town center, a scout calvary, a couple of villagers, and a very small amount of resources ( if you play death match, you start off with alot or resources)Your village may start off slow, but nearing the end of the game, you can have a huge empire with tons of resources. You can upgrade your technology's to make them better. For example, upgrading your walls so you can make them stronger. Its a very simple game to play. If you still cant figure out the simple controls after playing, theirs a tutorial which guides you through the games contorls.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLindsayphoto January 18, 2010

Age of Empires II: Age of Kings

Age of Empires II: Age of Kings is a very fun game! If you are trying to learn how to play strategy games, then this is for you. There is not alot of violence, just your little men fighting. And it has alot of historical stuff in it. :D It's good for 8 and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysiry August 6, 2009

8 and up is good

love it love it fun game for kids and teens teaches historical stuff little violent.
Kid, 10 years old April 25, 2015

Education through a fun video game

Addictive game which I've been playing since 8 years old. There's not really any violence and it's also fun. It also educates you with 'History' pages all about the old civilizations.
Kid, 11 years old March 27, 2013

One of my favorite games

This is a very good game! It's very educational too! There's violence and some blood. And when you kill someone, their body rots until it's a skeleton. It's not as gruesome as it sounds, because the graphics aren't that great. And there's as much economical building as fighting, if not even more.
Kid, 12 years old February 3, 2013

LEARNING

Great game

My little brother plays this and he's 7 - it's his favourite game
Teen, 14 years old Written byComm. David November 14, 2011

This is a great stragery game.

The aoe2 game hasn't got the graphics of aoe3, but it's totally better, with the action being fluid and easy, so noobs can learn the game easily. The races are all the same except for the caslte units, which are race specific, ie japan has the samuri, while the british have the longbow men.
Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2011

Good but hard to a degree

This game is a great game for younger people who like statagy games and are into history its not that violent you see a little battle scene where the to units fight theres no blood. Good value you learn and it's fun but difficult.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyellowbunny16 July 22, 2011

AGE OF EMPIRES

i play this with my mom and stepdad its an awesome game, i usually dont like strategy games but this game is okay, it might be hard for younger audiences thats the only problem for younger people, its not a bad game at all no swearing not to much blood and no sexual themes. this is a good game for 11 and up.
Kid, 12 years old April 24, 2011

good for ages 11-any

good game but there is a bit of blood good
Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2011

One of the best games ever!

This is one of my favorite games ever. The units and civilizations vary and its balanced as each civ. has its own special units. There is a little blood when a unit dies but other wise the violence is not to worry about.
Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2010

cool strategy game

this is an awesome strategy game, u can build ur own city and then conquer others. it isnt bad at all really. There is just some violence when in battle, and dead people fade quickly into the ground along with the tiniest amount of blood. the dificulty of this game is very easy. And there is some histoical figures here and there.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJourdy288 May 4, 2010

One of the best ever

I can strongly recommend this title; while it does contain some blood, it's nothing particularly major, realistic, gory, etc. Battles are viewed from high above, it's as if directing things from an airplane. Graphically speaking... Perhaps a little bit dated, seeing as the year of my review is 2010, but nonetheless, this game is a classic. I also enjoy the historical value of it, having not only played the campaigns with figures as Attila the Hun and Joan of Arc, but I've also read other peoples experiences of how they became interested in history after playing this. It's relatively easy to pick up, but can take a while to master. I really enjoy the whole strategy aspect as well, thinking things through in order to reach the next level.
Kid, 12 years old March 19, 2010

Best game ever ! Offers realistic units and is mainly a game based on strategy. buy it now
Teen, 13 years old Written byflarez77 July 4, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written byAudiophile May 24, 2009

Good for teens.

The game does revolve around violence and building your empire but it does involve a good amount of thinking and as long as your kid understands that its just a game its a good play.
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2009

Awesome real time strategy

This is a really good real time strategy game. There are so many features to the game that it takes a while to finish the game. Even if you beat all the campaigns, there are still random map games and expansion packs. This game is really good for people who like strategy, fighting, or making epic maps to show to your friends. Also, the game is 13+, but I know a 10 year old can totally handle this, theres no blood, no messagee telling you to drag race in a city, and no revealing clothes.