All member reviews for Animal Crossing: City Folk

Life sim has homey charm, but similar to others in series.

Kid, 11 years old July 16, 2011

Yeah, that's right. This is my obsession

This game is my obsession. I play it every day, and I have a very well built town! :) You start as a kid, (roughly 12 years of age probably) and you are moving to a brand new town. Each town is different, with different styles, animals, and fruit. You have to work for Tom Nook as a part time job at first, and he'll pay of 1,400 dollars of your house loan on your house. This is REALLY hard to explain, but let me tell you, it's the best video game you'll ever play, if you like really fun and relaxed games! :D
Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2011

Animal Crossing= Good game

It's a really fun game. It can get boring after you've played it for 7 years, but I still play. There's no language, violence, or anything else bad for kids. You can go to a city, making City Folk uniqe to Wild World and the original, and use one of your Mii's for a Mask! Fun, and I reccomend for kids 3+.
Kid, 11 years old April 5, 2011

brilliant, but young kids wont get how to play it
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2012

MY LIFE STORY

I LOVE THIS GAME !! THIS GAME IS SO GOOD I WOULD SKIN A WALRUS FOR AN EXTRA COPY . I PLAY EVERY DAY I HAVE NO REAL LIFE OR FRIENDS, BECAUSE THIS GAME IS BETTER THAN FRIENDS OR REAL LIFE. I CONSTANTLY SIT IN MY DARK BASEMENT AND HANG WITH MY BEST PAL TOM NOOK.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysupercookiejar November 25, 2011

REal life game

This game is fun and it relates to real life and time you live in a city,you pay your moragage and you get to celebrate the holidayd like Chrismas
Teen, 13 years old Written bystarninga98 July 17, 2011

Fun but alot of reading

Very Fun but alot of reading so be prepared
Kid, 12 years old November 27, 2010

Perfect for the linguistic kid!!!

I love this game I play it a lot but it's only fun if you play it over and over again, so you can do long-term super fun activities.
Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2015

Really great

I love this game there are some weird stuff though there is a character named red that sells fake art but that's about it I say if they know how to play it they should play it
Kid, 11 years old September 26, 2010

too much reading, but it's fun to play anyway! (well to me at least...)

I personally love this game, even though I've only had it for a couple of months. It's actually a lot of fun about how you can dress up your charactor, custumize your house, and catch bugs and fish for your collection! But one big thing that would make little kids walk away from this is IT HAS A LOT OF READING!!! WAAY TOO MUCH! All the charactors talk (they all look very cute!) a lot so this might steer away kids. Also, it's a one player game, so you probably wouldn't invite your friends over to play it. BUT it has wi-fi where you and 3 other friends can hang out and stuff! :) Anyway, i rate this game 8 out of 10, and i hope this review helped ya decide! ^.^
Parent of a 10 and 25 year old Written byHansi10 July 14, 2009

WHAT?

Common Sense is rating things WAY too high The Sims 3 is rated 15 iffy!?!?! What do they think they are doing? I am really 10 in 2 weeks and my Mom thinks now thanks to Common Sense, the Sims 3 in ''inapropriate'' for me! Animal Crossing too! 8? the game is Not Bad for kids!
Kid, 11 years old January 17, 2011

Love it.

It's very easy. Peppy villagers, or normal, lazy, or jock villagers are nice. But you gotta watch out for Snooty and Grumpys. There's a wiki for Animal crossing too. It's mostly about paying a Raccoon, named Tom Nook. And living daily life packed with holidays. It's only iffy if they wifi. The only way they would pretty much meet strangers is by the ACC. (Which can be good and bad.) ACC stands for Animal Crossing Commuinty. (However you spell it) They will give out free stuff, but they need a friend code first. Getting bells is hard, and you can get stinged by bees. But there's nothing really bad about it.There's no cussing, or any name calling. The snootys are just a little mean to others, but not the player. They don't namecall, just tease. Grumpys are welll..grumpy.
Kid, 12 years old November 3, 2010

a very fun yet educational game

i love this game and its really educational particualry in maths and life. the role models are good because none of the characters are mean or nasty and everyone is your friend.
Kid, 11 years old December 14, 2009

Yet another great game

I love this game! the animals are cute and cuddly and the game is great for little kids this game deserves an A+
Parent of a 13 year old Written byZyplexer August 15, 2009

NOT GOOD FOR ONLINE PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter is getting harrased by a older teen he does bad things while shes there they trap her a pertend to kill her and insult her dont do online play if u know wats good for your kids!
Kid, 11 years old December 20, 2008

awesome!

I think its a GREAT GAME!
Kid, 10 years old October 2, 2013

I've liked all the Animal Crossing games that I've played.

Eh, I like Animal Crossing better then this game, one of the thing is, you can't ask neighbors for help.
Kid, 10 years old July 2, 2013

AMAZING!!!!!!

Great game!!! I love it[ so does my sister who's older than me]. I recommend this game to every 6& up.
Kid, 11 years old September 22, 2012

LEARNING

My favorite game of all time

This is my favorite game! There is no word to describe how adorable this game is! I reccomend this for all ages! (Parents, you could play too!)
Kid, 11 years old August 24, 2012

LEARNING

A great game to teach kids how to save money and be nice.

When you begin,you are a new citizen of a town(which you get to name)full of animals,like cats,mice,squirrels,birds,and frogs.They all are very kind to you and even like to play.It has a real time feel to it.There are events that happen on certain days of the year.Like a Flea Market and several festivals.This should keep kids busy.Though,there is a lot of words,which may make the game hard for little ones to play. Especially the currency,Bells,which players use to pay off mortgages and pay for furniture,clothes,and other cool things.One thing parents should be concerned about is the online mode,which requires you to exchange friend codes,and sometimes people,at their own risk,trade friend codes with strangers online.In the online mode,you can chat,which could expose children to inappropriate talk.Other than that,it's a great life simulation that should help children save money for cool things they want.But one last thing,if you don't play for a while,animals might move away or weeds might grow.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJulia A July 26, 2012

Very fun and exciting

This game is awesome! It's great because its a game where you can just start playing and is not hard at all. It has an option when you are first starting out. It asks if you want to move from the ds (animal crossing wild world) but from as far as I can tell it doesn't save your money. Overall its a really great game!!