All member reviews for Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Cute town sim about friendship and spending virtual money.

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written byHappyMaskSalesman June 27, 2013

Defenitely one of the best Animal Crossings

The description on this site is WAY off. The game isn't about "friendship" or "spending virtual money." They make it sound like it's for a 4 year old girl. This game is one of the best games ever, period. For the first time in Animal Crossing you can customize the exterior of your home, you can be the mayor, you can go to the Island (unrelated to Animal Island in the first game). I don't want to ruin the game for you so I'll stop there. GET IT NOW.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySweetDisposition July 14, 2013

Easily the best game in the series. May not be the right starting point for newcomers.

I've been playing animal crossing for almost 10 years. New Leaf differs majorly from past iterations in the fact that you are the mayor in this game. You have to unlock shops on your main street, pay for public works projects, can sign ordinances into law, and do everything else you could do in previous animal crossing games. Animal crossing's premise is simple- you are the only human in a village full of animals. You can make money- known as bells- in order to fund public works, make your house larger, pay for new clothes, new furniture, new wall papers, new designs which you create yourself, and new tools. The town also houses a museum, where players can donate the fish and bugs they catch, the fossils they dig up, and the art pieces they purchase. It doesn't sound like it'd be fun, but it's satisfying seeing your museum fill up with everything you've donated. New Leaf is the most customizable game in the series. You can put custom patterns on certain furniture items, choose how you want your town to look and how you want to develop your town, and as always, create your own designs to be used as clothing, wallpaper, carpets, or pictures. The reason I say New Leaf might not be the best starting point for newcomers is that it doesn't explain the mechanics of Animal Crossing as a whole too well. Aside from being mayor, the core of the game hasn't changed much. And for someone who's never played the series before, the additional challenge of being mayor might be overwhelming. However, New Leaf would be a good starting point for older fans (10+). I've been playing for a month now, and in a game which is technically endless, I've hardly scratched the surface of what's possible. However, what I know is that Animal Crossing is a pleasure, but be warned that for optimal game play, it'll require an hour minimum of the player's time daily.
Parent of a 7, 7, 7, and 7 year old Written byAdrianbarrett227 July 15, 2013

Good game

I like this game for kids my kids like the 4 kids ting it is asmome it is a good game get it for your kids!
Parent Written bylogin.boxcar March 8, 2014

LEARNING

This website has no clue what they are talking about..

Animal crossing is a series that is based on a virtual life in the town you move into, you do what you want and gain bells to buy furniture and customize your wardrobe. you can also connect with anyone who has your friend code. This game is not based on making friendships. Characters vary on how nice they are to you. This is a game for casual gamers who just want to relax. a 8 year old can't pick this up and know what to do. it takes understanding on how to breed plants and how the layout of your town will come into play. This website makes this game sound like its for a 2 year old.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythemphanfeels August 1, 2013

Awesome game!

My favourite game in the series. I have always loved Animal Crossing and this has made me love it even more. Great fun game, I would recommend it to anyone capable of working a 3DS.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypurple430 November 21, 2013

Fun Game But Pause For Some Kids

It's a very fun and cute game. It teaches you to save money to get new stuff for your town. Pause for some kids because there are some statues(furniture) in the game that have nudity but it's not that showy. If you go online and play you some people might say bad words but you can disable online play. I played animal crossing since I was about 5 years old. It's a easy game for anyone to understand but you do have to know how to read or you can just run around the town and do fun stuff without needing to read anything.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFilm Friend November 19, 2013

Awesome game, I'm glad I got it

I think it's a great game. I waited for two years to get it but it was worth the wait. It's my favourite 3DS game. I play it almost every day. I am the mayor of the town in this game. There are many nice characters that I develop friendships with. Recently, one of the characters moved and I felt sad because she was one of my best friends in the game, but she gave me her picture. It goes to show that you can develop a strong friendship with the characters. My mom and even my grandma also play this game. You can always find something new and interesting to do. You can go to the store, you can talk to the characters, you can decorate your home, you can take a trip to the island (etc.). I go to the island often late at night or around midnight sometimes because there are lots of valuable bugs and fish. I have over one million Bells (that's the currency) from catching these island bugs and selling them at the retail store. There is mild violence because you can get stung by bees and jellyfishes and you can get bitten by scorpions and tarantulas. You can hit people with your net and push people around. But other than that it's a totally peaceful game. One thing I don't like about this version of Animal Crossing as opposed to the other versions is that you can only get balloon stuff from popping down a present with your slingshot. I like everything else about it though. Being the mayor, I can work on public works projects and enact ordinances to make it a better town. It's easier to catch bees in this game than in the other ones. I like it better than the DS version and the Wii version. I could go on and on about what I like about it, but that would start to get boring. Well, I think it's an awesome game!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMadelineMini November 8, 2014

My Favorite 3DS Game!

This game is amazing and great for any age! Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a life sim where you move to a town and become the new mayor. You can customize everything on this game, your town, your house, and your character! There are so many things to do on this game that I couldn't write it all in one review. All you need to know is how to read and you can play this game, you don't need any gaming experience. There is also great multiplayer and a fun island you can visit and play tours for medals! It can be a bit hard to make money on this game though. Overall This game is probably the best video game ever made! (I'm not kidding)
Teen, 14 years old Written by092898 July 11, 2013

very fun game

Adorable, whimsical game. Truly for all ages- an adult could get as much enjoyment out of this as a 7 year old would. Nothing inappropriate, but I don't think any kid younger than 8 would be able to enjoy the game fully.
Kid, 7 years old June 25, 2013

Acnl

It is a grate game for 7 and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byxmas2013 March 1, 2014

LEARNING

A Good Value Game for All 3DS Owners...

Content Overview: I think this is a brilliant alternative to games like "The Sims" that are too unsuitable for young would-be fans. But for young players, be sure to supervise online/local play! Game Plot: In the game, you move into town and accidently become mayor. You gradually unlock stuff like a club, an tropical island (my only major concern content-wise) as you befriend your town's (animal) inhabitants and improve your town with rules and public projects! Positive Messages/Role Models: In this game, you are the role model. And all I can say as you could be nice or nasty, helpful or unhelpful and so forth! You are encouraged to be kind, helpful and a good citizen! And your poor choices aren't rewarded as they (sort of) are on The Sims! The focus on buying/selling stuff, getting the latest items and collecting lot's of "bells" (which is the local currency) spoils things a bit but otherwise, money is handled responsibly It introduces adult roles and responsibility's while keeping the open-ended gameplay in mind (you have to pay the rent for example). It doesn't come down like a ton of bricks (there's no deadline for the rent for example) On the subject of adult roles, friendships slowly change and grow overtime as rumors about you and other townspeople flow! People move in and out and that can affect relationships a lot. If you hit people with nets, buzzwords like "friend" and the feelings they have afterwards strongly explore the actions-consequences. Acts like letter writing, helping people with tasks and gift giving makes people happy. As the mayor, it's your job to account your citizen committees feelings about the town as you improve the town. As you build more stuff and add more rules, people will tell you what they think of them. But that is optional however and you never have to go into the City Hall! Violence: You can smack characters with a net but it's slapstick/cartoonish with no blood, injuries or gore and the game makes you regret your choices because the animals either get angry or really upset! That ties in with the positive messages above but I'd like to see acts of violence like that affect the relationships in the long run (it might but I haven't had the game long). When you hit them with a net, speech implies the willing to fight. Sex: Only some mild references to dating, kissing e.g. but never in an adult context and the only actual "relationships" in the game are friendships. Implied Adult Content: There's Club LOL which is a nightclub (no alcohol or drugs are served however) Privacy: One of the best parts of the games are the social one. You can visit your friends town and chat freely with no obvious filter in place. You can also go to an island together and unlock a membership there that allows you to play games with others across the world!
Kid, 10 years old November 4, 2013

Animal Crossing New Leaf

I personally love this game and I don't think anything is wrong with it I would rate it four stars because overall it is great but it is hard to unlock shops and when you unlock everything the only thing you can do is favors for nabbers, play with nabbers, and go on tours on the island.
Kid, 12 years old August 30, 2013

Animal Crossing, New Leaf. A truly magical game.

Animal Crossing New Leaf is a great game to pick up for you children who have a 3DS. Not only is it one of the best games in the system's library, but it's a fun, safe, light hearted, and happy experience. The worst thing that could possibly be done is hit one of your neighbors on the head with a net multiple times, but even then, the game makes you feel regret when you do. You're not supposed to hurt you villagers, and you'll even feel bad if you do. With the upcoming Nintendo 2DS coming in October, this is a wonderful game to pick up for your children. Buy this game if you haven't.
Kid, 10 years old August 3, 2013

A great game

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is an amazing life sim. Unlike the description says, it is more about living life and having fun rather than building friendships. However, you can build friendships with the animal villagers. I have a great friend named Tangy. :) This game differs from the previous games because you are a mayor. However, if you create another account, you will move in as a human villager. Sometimes, you will be invited to villagers birthday parties. There are also events such as the bug off, a monthly event where you try to catch the biggest, and most colorful bug. That's all I am going to talk about, but I suggest going to the website:
Teen, 14 years old Written byZeventy2 July 7, 2013

New Leaf, old tricks, and hours of fun

Animal Crossing New Leaf is just like any other game in the series; it's about you, the player, moving into a new town and turning over... well, a new leaf, and finding yourself as the new mayor. The game is, in my opinion, the best Animal Crossing yet. Is it groundbreaking with new features? No, but it brings just enough to satisfy the needs of old players wanting a little innovation. Newcomers will find this game incredibly easy to jump into and spend time simply watering plants or talking to the residents. The new mayor system is very simple; it's building new attractions in the form of public works projects, or setting up city ordinances that make the game a little more convenient. (I love the beautiful town ordinance!) And despite my reccomendation age, Animal Crossing is truly a game for everyone. Kids, teenagers, and even adults can easily be hooked by this extensive title. Oh, and for you parents still on the fence about getting this game, did I mention that this game can also teach a few nice lessons? With this game, you need to know how to manage money, because if you decide to totally pay off your home loan in one day, you may find yourself strapped for cash and unable to buy new furniture. Also, the characters can show some very good model behavior to follow, and it's incredibly obvious when they're misbehaving. The cons? It's not for everyone. Repetition runs rampant unless you make an effort to try new things such as accepting easy jobs, trying new outfits, etc. (not a hard job though) And although I love the game music until death does me part, I would have loved even more. Despite it's shortcomings, New Leaf is my favorite 3DS title to date. It has a near perfect balance of fun, random events, and character to keep people coming back.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeday May 22, 2015

A pretty nice game

Running a community and kind villagers Mac Animal Crossing: New leaf enjoyable for the masses. The only thing is that you can cuss with your friends. This teaches responsibility and how to be a good friend and have a positive attitude. Villagers can move out, so if your child doesn't like change in general,I'm would not recommend.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox May 5, 2015

Animal Crossing New: New leaf

Very cute game!!!! No swearing, no sex, no violence except villagers can get mad at you, no drugs/alcohol. easy to play. the only problem is other (real) players can swear. I would say its okay for a 5 yr old to play it.
Parent Written byXxConcernedParentXx February 3, 2015

Woo go animal crossing!

Such a good game! never gets old and it does block bad words dont worry my only concern is that some male charecters flirt with females and your player if you are female. Ex. I see a bird charecter thinking and I walk up to him and he says " A little advice kaela, If you send flowers to a girl remember who it is!" ex. Marshal (moved out of my town recently) " You look nice kaela, just like you always do." boy charecters will only say stuff with that when you talk to them a lot Marshal was my best male friend in my town at the time. Its a nice game and you can make friends its very addicting and I got sad when my friends left ( Peaches, Marshal, Walker,and Cherry.)
Teen, 16 years old Written byGokaigerShinkenger48 January 7, 2015

Fantastic Game

This is a game worth buying! I've played this game for a year and it still hasn't become old. There are many ways to interact with the game, as you control the town.
Teen, 17 years old Written byIchigoKurosakiKY October 27, 2014

LEARNING

The site description is accurate and it's a good game

This game was created to inspire themes of friendship and community just watch Did you know video games:Animal crossing On YouTube I want to play but my 3DS broke somehow idk how. P.S. I any iffy because online interactions are not monitored by the ERSB but curs words are censored and you can block players.