All member reviews for Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Cute town sim about friendship and spending virtual money.

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written byHappyMaskSalesman June 27, 2013

Defenitely one of the best Animal Crossings

The description on this site is WAY off. The game isn't about "friendship" or "spending virtual money." They make it sound like it's for a 4 year old girl. This game is one of the best games ever, period. For the first time in Animal Crossing you can customize the exterior of your home, you can be the mayor, you can go to the Island (unrelated to Animal Island in the first game). I don't want to ruin the game for you so I'll stop there. GET IT NOW.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySweetDisposition July 14, 2013

Easily the best game in the series. May not be the right starting point for newcomers.

I've been playing animal crossing for almost 10 years. New Leaf differs majorly from past iterations in the fact that you are the mayor in this game. You have to unlock shops on your main street, pay for public works projects, can sign ordinances into law, and do everything else you could do in previous animal crossing games. Animal crossing's premise is simple- you are the only human in a village full of animals. You can make money- known as bells- in order to fund public works, make your house larger, pay for new clothes, new furniture, new wall papers, new designs which you create yourself, and new tools. The town also houses a museum, where players can donate the fish and bugs they catch, the fossils they dig up, and the art pieces they purchase. It doesn't sound like it'd be fun, but it's satisfying seeing your museum fill up with everything you've donated. New Leaf is the most customizable game in the series. You can put custom patterns on certain furniture items, choose how you want your town to look and how you want to develop your town, and as always, create your own designs to be used as clothing, wallpaper, carpets, or pictures. The reason I say New Leaf might not be the best starting point for newcomers is that it doesn't explain the mechanics of Animal Crossing as a whole too well. Aside from being mayor, the core of the game hasn't changed much. And for someone who's never played the series before, the additional challenge of being mayor might be overwhelming. However, New Leaf would be a good starting point for older fans (10+). I've been playing for a month now, and in a game which is technically endless, I've hardly scratched the surface of what's possible. However, what I know is that Animal Crossing is a pleasure, but be warned that for optimal game play, it'll require an hour minimum of the player's time daily.
Parent of a 7, 7, 7, and 7 year old Written byAdrianbarrett227 July 15, 2013

Good game

I like this game for kids my kids like the 4 kids ting it is asmome it is a good game get it for your kids!
Teen, 13 years old Written bythemphanfeels August 1, 2013

Awesome game!

My favourite game in the series. I have always loved Animal Crossing and this has made me love it even more. Great fun game, I would recommend it to anyone capable of working a 3DS.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFilm Friend November 19, 2013

Awesome game, I'm glad I got it

I think it's a great game. I waited for two years to get it but it was worth the wait. It's my favourite 3DS game. I play it almost every day. I am the mayor of the town in this game. There are many nice characters that I develop friendships with. Recently, one of the characters moved and I felt sad because she was one of my best friends in the game, but she gave me her picture. It goes to show that you can develop a strong friendship with the characters. My mom and even my grandma also play this game. You can always find something new and interesting to do. You can go to the store, you can talk to the characters, you can decorate your home, you can take a trip to the island (etc.). I go to the island often late at night or around midnight sometimes because there are lots of valuable bugs and fish. I have over one million Bells (that's the currency) from catching these island bugs and selling them at the retail store. There is mild violence because you can get stung by bees and jellyfishes and you can get bitten by scorpions and tarantulas. You can hit people with your net and push people around. But other than that it's a totally peaceful game. One thing I don't like about this version of Animal Crossing as opposed to the other versions is that you can only get balloon stuff from popping down a present with your slingshot. I like everything else about it though. Being the mayor, I can work on public works projects and enact ordinances to make it a better town. It's easier to catch bees in this game than in the other ones. I like it better than the DS version and the Wii version. I could go on and on about what I like about it, but that would start to get boring. Well, I think it's an awesome game!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypurple430 November 21, 2013

Fun Game But Pause For Some Kids

It's a very fun and cute game. It teaches you to save money to get new stuff for your town. Pause for some kids because there are some statues(furniture) in the game that have nudity but it's not that showy. If you go online and play you some people might say bad words but you can disable online play. I played animal crossing since I was about 5 years old. It's a easy game for anyone to understand but you do have to know how to read or you can just run around the town and do fun stuff without needing to read anything.
Teen, 14 years old Written by092898 July 11, 2013

very fun game

Adorable, whimsical game. Truly for all ages- an adult could get as much enjoyment out of this as a 7 year old would. Nothing inappropriate, but I don't think any kid younger than 8 would be able to enjoy the game fully.
Kid, 10 years old November 4, 2013

Animal Crossing New Leaf

I personally love this game and I don't think anything is wrong with it I would rate it four stars because overall it is great but it is hard to unlock shops and when you unlock everything the only thing you can do is favors for nabbers, play with nabbers, and go on tours on the island.
Kid, 12 years old August 30, 2013

Animal Crossing, New Leaf. A truly magical game.

Animal Crossing New Leaf is a great game to pick up for you children who have a 3DS. Not only is it one of the best games in the system's library, but it's a fun, safe, light hearted, and happy experience. The worst thing that could possibly be done is hit one of your neighbors on the head with a net multiple times, but even then, the game makes you feel regret when you do. You're not supposed to hurt you villagers, and you'll even feel bad if you do. With the upcoming Nintendo 2DS coming in October, this is a wonderful game to pick up for your children. Buy this game if you haven't.
Kid, 10 years old August 3, 2013

A great game

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is an amazing life sim. Unlike the description says, it is more about living life and having fun rather than building friendships. However, you can build friendships with the animal villagers. I have a great friend named Tangy. :) This game differs from the previous games because you are a mayor. However, if you create another account, you will move in as a human villager. Sometimes, you will be invited to villagers birthday parties. There are also events such as the bug off, a monthly event where you try to catch the biggest, and most colorful bug. That's all I am going to talk about, but I suggest going to the website:
Teen, 14 years old Written byZeventy2 July 7, 2013

New Leaf, old tricks, and hours of fun

Animal Crossing New Leaf is just like any other game in the series; it's about you, the player, moving into a new town and turning over... well, a new leaf, and finding yourself as the new mayor. The game is, in my opinion, the best Animal Crossing yet. Is it groundbreaking with new features? No, but it brings just enough to satisfy the needs of old players wanting a little innovation. Newcomers will find this game incredibly easy to jump into and spend time simply watering plants or talking to the residents. The new mayor system is very simple; it's building new attractions in the form of public works projects, or setting up city ordinances that make the game a little more convenient. (I love the beautiful town ordinance!) And despite my reccomendation age, Animal Crossing is truly a game for everyone. Kids, teenagers, and even adults can easily be hooked by this extensive title. Oh, and for you parents still on the fence about getting this game, did I mention that this game can also teach a few nice lessons? With this game, you need to know how to manage money, because if you decide to totally pay off your home loan in one day, you may find yourself strapped for cash and unable to buy new furniture. Also, the characters can show some very good model behavior to follow, and it's incredibly obvious when they're misbehaving. The cons? It's not for everyone. Repetition runs rampant unless you make an effort to try new things such as accepting easy jobs, trying new outfits, etc. (not a hard job though) And although I love the game music until death does me part, I would have loved even more. Despite it's shortcomings, New Leaf is my favorite 3DS title to date. It has a near perfect balance of fun, random events, and character to keep people coming back.
Kid, 7 years old June 25, 2013

Acnl

It is a grate game for 7 and up
Parent Written byXxConcernedParentXx February 3, 2015

Woo go animal crossing!

Such a good game! never gets old and it does block bad words dont worry my only concern is that some male charecters flirt with females and your player if you are female. Ex. I see a bird charecter thinking and I walk up to him and he says " A little advice kaela, If you send flowers to a girl remember who it is!" ex. Marshal (moved out of my town recently) " You look nice kaela, just like you always do." boy charecters will only say stuff with that when you talk to them a lot Marshal was my best male friend in my town at the time. Its a nice game and you can make friends its very addicting and I got sad when my friends left ( Peaches, Marshal, Walker,and Cherry.)
Teen, 16 years old Written byGokaigerShinkenger48 January 7, 2015

Fantastic Game

This is a game worth buying! I've played this game for a year and it still hasn't become old. There are many ways to interact with the game, as you control the town.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMadelineMini November 8, 2014

My Favorite 3DS Game!

This game is amazing and great for any age! Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a life sim where you move to a town and become the new mayor. You can customize everything on this game, your town, your house, and your character! There are so many things to do on this game that I couldn't write it all in one review. All you need to know is how to read and you can play this game, you don't need any gaming experience. There is also great multiplayer and a fun island you can visit and play tours for medals! It can be a bit hard to make money on this game though. Overall This game is probably the best video game ever made! (I'm not kidding)
Teen, 17 years old Written byIchigoKurosakiKY October 27, 2014

LEARNING

The site description is accurate and it's a good game

This game was created to inspire themes of friendship and community just watch Did you know video games:Animal crossing On YouTube I want to play but my 3DS broke somehow idk how. P.S. I any iffy because online interactions are not monitored by the ERSB but curs words are censored and you can block players.
Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2014

Amazing Game!

I'm an eleven-year-old girl, who thinks that you will never be too old to play an Animal Crossing game. I bought this game because two of my best friends told me that I should when I got my 3DS. It's a very easy game. It actually is also a good game for learning how to manage your budget. However, the cons are that you need to be able to read to play this game. Just saying, I can read. Also, there are a few safety concerns, because there's this place called "Club Tortimer" where you can visit people all over the world. Most of them are nice, but my best friend, who told me to buy the game, saw a pedophile on this game. There's another friend I have, who was robbed of her 1,000,000 bell (money in Animal Crossing) crown, and a rare party dress. This won't be a problem if you don't turn on wireless. In conclusion, this game is perfect for kids of all ages who can read.
Kid, 12 years old July 2, 2014

LEARNING

Math is needed to know what you are doing

You use math not needed but makes it easier and the only bad thing is that you can visit other towns and people can visit you but you can turn that off
Teen, 14 years old Written bypinkman May 12, 2014

Relaxing, Pretty Game

I love this game so much. The graphics are really pretty, so much detail is put into the smallest things. The characters are adorable and the concept of the game is great. Really fun to play with friends and see what their towns are like. Exciting to see what new items are in the stores everyday and see if anyone is visiting in the plaza. It's encouraging to save bells to buy public works projects or other things you want, and its fun to collect fossils, bugs fish and paintings for the museum. Really nice, light-hearted game anyone would enjoy playing.
Kid, 11 years old May 3, 2014

#4 Bestsellling Nintendo 3DS Game of All-Time/This Truly is a Wild World

Note that this is a dual-review, and is for both New Leaf and Wild World since Wild World does not have a pag eon Common Sense. Animal Crossing: New Leaf This game is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! I expected way less that this expansive game! Warning, once you start playing, YOU CAN'T STOP! A thing to adults, you might not let your kids play this game because there are tanukis, look up what the Japanese legend is about. You can sell items to Reese, and get bells (Animal Crossing money), just...It's unbelievable how incredibly expansive, fun, and addicting this game is. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a true winner. Animal Crossing: Wild World I just got the game from GameStop yesterday, so I don't think this review will be very long! This is the DS (not 3DS) Animal Crossing, however, it can still be played on a 3DS system. Some people think, "oh, why'd you get the outdated version, New Leaf is the same thing!" Uhh...no. It's not. There are different shops, you don't have to have a tent when you start the game, and your house has 2 floors when you start. You can sell stuff to Tom Nook for bells, and you can buy stuff with bells. You will be able to play with your friends with Wild World friend codes across the internet UNTIL MAY 20TH. All Wild World and City Folk online interactions will be discontinued at that date. So, when May 20th comes, I will update the Wild World review saying that you can no longer play with friends across the internet on Wild World. However, New Leaf internet interactions will continue. Thank you for ready my, Epic Waffles is my Common Sense name, review of Wild World and New Leaf. P.S. There is no violence in this game except banging someone with a rubber hammer in New Leaf. And it is not even in Wild World. New Leaf and Wild World I give a 3learning because you have to use math to calculate how many bells you have to have.