All member reviews for Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Cute town sim about friendship and spending virtual money.

Learning

Teen, 17 years old Written byIchigoKurosakiKY October 27, 2014

LEARNING

The site description is accurate and it's a good game

This game was created to inspire themes of friendship and community just watch Did you know video games:Animal crossing On YouTube I want to play but my 3DS broke somehow idk how. P.S. I any iffy because online interactions are not monitored by the ERSB but curs words are censored and you can block players.
Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2014

Amazing Game!

I'm an eleven-year-old girl, who thinks that you will never be too old to play an Animal Crossing game. I bought this game because two of my best friends told me that I should when I got my 3DS. It's a very easy game. It actually is also a good game for learning how to manage your budget. However, the cons are that you need to be able to read to play this game. Just saying, I can read. Also, there are a few safety concerns, because there's this place called "Club Tortimer" where you can visit people all over the world. Most of them are nice, but my best friend, who told me to buy the game, saw a pedophile on this game. There's another friend I have, who was robbed of her 1,000,000 bell (money in Animal Crossing) crown, and a rare party dress. This won't be a problem if you don't turn on wireless. In conclusion, this game is perfect for kids of all ages who can read.
Kid, 12 years old July 2, 2014

LEARNING

Math is needed to know what you are doing

You use math not needed but makes it easier and the only bad thing is that you can visit other towns and people can visit you but you can turn that off
Teen, 14 years old Written bypinkman May 12, 2014

Relaxing, Pretty Game

I love this game so much. The graphics are really pretty, so much detail is put into the smallest things. The characters are adorable and the concept of the game is great. Really fun to play with friends and see what their towns are like. Exciting to see what new items are in the stores everyday and see if anyone is visiting in the plaza. It's encouraging to save bells to buy public works projects or other things you want, and its fun to collect fossils, bugs fish and paintings for the museum. Really nice, light-hearted game anyone would enjoy playing.
Kid, 11 years old May 3, 2014

#4 Bestsellling Nintendo 3DS Game of All-Time/This Truly is a Wild World

Note that this is a dual-review, and is for both New Leaf and Wild World since Wild World does not have a pag eon Common Sense. Animal Crossing: New Leaf This game is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! I expected way less that this expansive game! Warning, once you start playing, YOU CAN'T STOP! A thing to adults, you might not let your kids play this game because there are tanukis, look up what the Japanese legend is about. You can sell items to Reese, and get bells (Animal Crossing money), just...It's unbelievable how incredibly expansive, fun, and addicting this game is. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a true winner. Animal Crossing: Wild World I just got the game from GameStop yesterday, so I don't think this review will be very long! This is the DS (not 3DS) Animal Crossing, however, it can still be played on a 3DS system. Some people think, "oh, why'd you get the outdated version, New Leaf is the same thing!" Uhh...no. It's not. There are different shops, you don't have to have a tent when you start the game, and your house has 2 floors when you start. You can sell stuff to Tom Nook for bells, and you can buy stuff with bells. You will be able to play with your friends with Wild World friend codes across the internet UNTIL MAY 20TH. All Wild World and City Folk online interactions will be discontinued at that date. So, when May 20th comes, I will update the Wild World review saying that you can no longer play with friends across the internet on Wild World. However, New Leaf internet interactions will continue. Thank you for ready my, Epic Waffles is my Common Sense name, review of Wild World and New Leaf. P.S. There is no violence in this game except banging someone with a rubber hammer in New Leaf. And it is not even in Wild World. New Leaf and Wild World I give a 3learning because you have to use math to calculate how many bells you have to have.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybobmarley23 April 25, 2014

Addictive

I think that Animal Crossing new leaf is a decent game, however can be very engaging and 'addictive', my only concern in this game is the fact it might be all a bit too complicated in the sense that there is a lot you need to know in order to be able to understand how the game works fully. ( I don't mean the controls I mean the story line).
Teen, 13 years old Written byFungal123 March 8, 2014

LEARNING

Brilliant game for all ages

I got this for Christmas and may I say I COULD NOT put it down for the whole day,you get to become mayor of your town,run it as you want,customize and accessorise your furniture and clothes and form great friendships with the other villagers and do public works projects and so on if you don't have it go and get it NOW
Kid, 8 years old February 15, 2014

LOVE IT!

Kay I am A newcomer at Animal Crossing But I LUV IT its relly good Belive Me Ask Your Paretns to Buy It
Kid, 12 years old September 2, 2013

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is FUN!

I am Emily and I am 12 years old and my favourite 3Ds game is animal crossing: New Leaf. It was recommended to me by my cousin (14) who enjoys playing it as much as me. Animal crossing: new leaf is a brilliant 3DS game with the Pegi rating of 3+. On the game, you are the mayor of your own town which you develop, help the animal/people residents there and decorate your own home. You can shopping, fishing, bug-catching, selling items, decorating, developing your town, diving, fossil hunting, gardening and playing games on the island (and more! The list is so long!). The currency is called bells. I really enjoy playing it and would recommend it to anyone with a 3DS. My personal opinion is 10/10. Quite a lot of adults play the game as well! Benefits: - It's educational to younger children because it involves very basic business skills (such as purchasing, selling, using a simple bank, balancing out money and using it wisely and developing a town.) - Another reason that it is educational is because there is a museum in your town which you can donate any fish you catch, fossils you find, sea creatures you catch, works of art your buy and bugs you catch. It gives good information on all these things that could help you learn about them. - A great boredom buster! - Lot's of reading is involved which could be annoying is your child is really young and can't yet read but is good practice for children developing their reading skills. Negatives: - After a week or so of playing, you meet the old mayor who lets you visit an island where you can play games and earn medals (the islands currency.) One of the things you can buy with your medals is a Club Tortimer membership which allows you to visit the island and meet with other people (real people) who also are visiting the island with a club tortimer membership. The problem is that your child can talk to these people who can say anything (I don't think they block bad words.) Everyone that I've met so far on the island has been friendly and safe but there might by others who are not. Your child needs common sense for this because they could ask you anything (your name, tel. no., address etc.). That is why I rated it as a 7 pause. - It's a really addictive game which you would tend to go on every day for a while for the best results for your town, so if you don't want your child playing too many video games maybe sway them away from this one. Overall, it's a great game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySawybean August 27, 2013

A Great Installment in the Series

This game is really something. As I played I felt something new that I don't usualy feel when playing games. I found myself managing my time and money, and really growing valuable bonds with the NPCs in the town. Speaking of the NPCs, each game has a different set. All the towns have their own unique people within them, and that is a great feat, which is not easily accomplished. The town grows with the player, having members move in and out, new stores and venues opening and closing, and being granted access to a vacation island.
Kid, 11 years old August 20, 2013

one of the best games ever!

i like this game a lot it is fun and addicting
Kid, 10 years old June 21, 2013

Rivosons review

It's very fun and addicting