All member reviews for Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Cute town sim about friendship and spending virtual money.

Kid, 12 years old August 30, 2013

Animal Crossing, New Leaf. A truly magical game.

Animal Crossing New Leaf is a great game to pick up for you children who have a 3DS. Not only is it one of the best games in the system's library, but it's a fun, safe, light hearted, and happy experience. The worst thing that could possibly be done is hit one of your neighbors on the head with a net multiple times, but even then, the game makes you feel regret when you do. You're not supposed to hurt you villagers, and you'll even feel bad if you do. With the upcoming Nintendo 2DS coming in October, this is a wonderful game to pick up for your children. Buy this game if you haven't.
Teen, 14 years old Written byZeventy2 July 7, 2013

New Leaf, old tricks, and hours of fun

Animal Crossing New Leaf is just like any other game in the series; it's about you, the player, moving into a new town and turning over... well, a new leaf, and finding yourself as the new mayor. The game is, in my opinion, the best Animal Crossing yet. Is it groundbreaking with new features? No, but it brings just enough to satisfy the needs of old players wanting a little innovation. Newcomers will find this game incredibly easy to jump into and spend time simply watering plants or talking to the residents. The new mayor system is very simple; it's building new attractions in the form of public works projects, or setting up city ordinances that make the game a little more convenient. (I love the beautiful town ordinance!) And despite my reccomendation age, Animal Crossing is truly a game for everyone. Kids, teenagers, and even adults can easily be hooked by this extensive title. Oh, and for you parents still on the fence about getting this game, did I mention that this game can also teach a few nice lessons? With this game, you need to know how to manage money, because if you decide to totally pay off your home loan in one day, you may find yourself strapped for cash and unable to buy new furniture. Also, the characters can show some very good model behavior to follow, and it's incredibly obvious when they're misbehaving. The cons? It's not for everyone. Repetition runs rampant unless you make an effort to try new things such as accepting easy jobs, trying new outfits, etc. (not a hard job though) And although I love the game music until death does me part, I would have loved even more. Despite it's shortcomings, New Leaf is my favorite 3DS title to date. It has a near perfect balance of fun, random events, and character to keep people coming back.
Kid, 11 years old June 16, 2013

Great game!

I haven't played it enough to say if it is the best game in the series, but it is a great game so far. My younger brother & I both enjoy visiting each other's towns, especially going to the island and going to Club LOL (both you have to unlock, but trust me, it's worth it). Like I said, you have to unlock a lot of the things in the game, which may be hard for some people, but the game would be a lot less fun if everything was there at the start. Some characters make references to kissing, flirting, and being in love, and may mildly flirt with your character if you are female, but it's much tamer than the things on Nick or even the Disney Channel. If I had kids, I would let them play this, but if they are having trouble reading, they might not really understand some parts of the game, as it says on the back of the case in the upper right hand corner, "Basic reading ability is needed to fully enjoy this game". This is a great game for anyone. If you are a parent and your child wants to play something like The Sims but you don't like the inappropriate things in there, get this.
Adult Written byax_colleen July 19, 2016

People Forgot the Museum, Which Has Education For Any Animal Caught

To Families, The museum educates your child for every animal he/she catches. Catch a bug or a fish and read the plaque on the museum. Very informative! It's really a mini museum! Other than that, this teaches your child a little bit about money, such as: Mortgage Working for money Budgeting Children learn about taking care of citizens and a bit about responsibility, such as: If you say you will meet your villager at your house by 11:00 AM, you need to remember and keep your word by being at your house by 11:00 AM There is no "reset" in life, if you reset you will be scolded by Resetti. To keep or not to keep him is a choice. Opening someone's package is wrong, Hitting your villagers with nets and pushing them is wrong They also learn to take care of their environment such as: Planting trees Watering flowers Flower breeding Pulling weeds. To understand about Animal Crossing: New Leaf: Check the official trailer for yourself. https://youtu.be/z09iRo44Mcs Try playing it yourself. Every animal on this game is NPC (Non Playable Character). This is also a child friendly game since you have parental control. You can control people from other places who go in your child's town. If you don't want them to interact with other players besides friends you know, you can block their internet access. There are Parental Controls on the 3DS (under settings). If you don't want the 3D, you can get the 2DS. Like any other game, this can be addictive, I agree if it's not good for your child, you can do as you please. You can make rules like limit playtime (only 1-2 hours), only for vacation or weekends, or stop altogether (that option might be quite harsh). (The one star ratings have very false information. They are made-up stories. ) Let's be smart.
Parent Written byMostConcernedParent June 26, 2016

The Most Violent Videogame Ever Made

When I gave this game to my 5 year old daughter I was taken aback with all this violence and gore. At the start of the game you get a machine gun from your "Assistant Hitman" Isabella, then she tells you to burn down every bodies houses and kill everyone. After this you get a prompt to go into your house and hit your wife and kids! Then even worse your wife asks you to play a special game in the bedroom. This game consists of multiple sexual positions in a button pressing mini games. Like most scenes they say multiple racial slurs and inappropriate language. You go to the bar later on in the game having drugs and copious amounts of alcohol ! To go online you must put a picture of your real self and your address and zip code. My short review is that this game is very innapropriate with multiple racial slurs, innapropriate language and sexual acts.
Kid, 12 years old June 16, 2016

Most people and kids can play this

There's no questionable content. It's easy as pie. The biggest concern should be that it is really, really, really addictive and could have you/your child glued to it at night. But that's it really.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBurnt June 10, 2016

Friendly, Bright and Enjoyable for Anyone

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a game that can be given to almost any kid and you don't have to worry about anything inappropriate. If you start at the beginning of the game and have basic reading comprehension it is easy to enjoy this game, and understand how to play it. The game is based around your character moving to a new town which you can name in game. After naming your character, your character is given a random personality and you are thrown into the perky, welcoming and rather cute world of Animal Crossing. You can expand the house you are given in game, add new benches and bridges to your town, all while keeping it within budget. In game you must raise money by selling fruits, shells, fish and other goodies that you can find in the town to pay for different things in game. As you gain more money more and more options will open, new things to buy and can give you more freedom in game. While all this is happening the game progresses, as your town grows, bringing in more businesses. The only problem with this game is that it is easy to get attached to the other townsfolk in game which you can talk and complete quests with. So if you don't check up on your town for a month or 2 it is likely that a few villagers will have moved away since you haven't been talking to them, but will eventually be replaced by newcomers. For how much it costs, it is surely worth the cost. The game has almost limitless amounts of replaying, as you can explore the vacation islands, focus on creating a lovely home, plant forests of fruit trees, create strong friendships with villagers. If you play during holidays like Halloween, Christmas, or Thanksgiving certain characters will appear with interesting missions and introduce even more fun gameplay into the mix. Doesn't teach your kids and bad things, but doesn't teach them very many really good things either. Very innocent, and worthy of its price tag.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeday May 22, 2015

A pretty nice game

Running a community and kind villagers Mac Animal Crossing: New leaf enjoyable for the masses. The only thing is that you can cuss with your friends. This teaches responsibility and how to be a good friend and have a positive attitude. Villagers can move out, so if your child doesn't like change in general,I'm would not recommend.
Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2014

Amazing Game!

I'm an eleven-year-old girl, who thinks that you will never be too old to play an Animal Crossing game. I bought this game because two of my best friends told me that I should when I got my 3DS. It's a very easy game. It actually is also a good game for learning how to manage your budget. However, the cons are that you need to be able to read to play this game. Just saying, I can read. Also, there are a few safety concerns, because there's this place called "Club Tortimer" where you can visit people all over the world. Most of them are nice, but my best friend, who told me to buy the game, saw a pedophile on this game. There's another friend I have, who was robbed of her 1,000,000 bell (money in Animal Crossing) crown, and a rare party dress. This won't be a problem if you don't turn on wireless. In conclusion, this game is perfect for kids of all ages who can read.
Kid, 11 years old May 3, 2014

#4 Bestsellling Nintendo 3DS Game of All-Time/This Truly is a Wild World

Note that this is a dual-review, and is for both New Leaf and Wild World since Wild World does not have a pag eon Common Sense. Animal Crossing: New Leaf This game is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! I expected way less that this expansive game! Warning, once you start playing, YOU CAN'T STOP! A thing to adults, you might not let your kids play this game because there are tanukis, look up what the Japanese legend is about. You can sell items to Reese, and get bells (Animal Crossing money), just...It's unbelievable how incredibly expansive, fun, and addicting this game is. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a true winner. Animal Crossing: Wild World I just got the game from GameStop yesterday, so I don't think this review will be very long! This is the DS (not 3DS) Animal Crossing, however, it can still be played on a 3DS system. Some people think, "oh, why'd you get the outdated version, New Leaf is the same thing!" Uhh...no. It's not. There are different shops, you don't have to have a tent when you start the game, and your house has 2 floors when you start. You can sell stuff to Tom Nook for bells, and you can buy stuff with bells. You will be able to play with your friends with Wild World friend codes across the internet UNTIL MAY 20TH. All Wild World and City Folk online interactions will be discontinued at that date. So, when May 20th comes, I will update the Wild World review saying that you can no longer play with friends across the internet on Wild World. However, New Leaf internet interactions will continue. Thank you for ready my, Epic Waffles is my Common Sense name, review of Wild World and New Leaf. P.S. There is no violence in this game except banging someone with a rubber hammer in New Leaf. And it is not even in Wild World. New Leaf and Wild World I give a 3learning because you have to use math to calculate how many bells you have to have.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybobmarley23 April 25, 2014

Addictive

I think that Animal Crossing new leaf is a decent game, however can be very engaging and 'addictive', my only concern in this game is the fact it might be all a bit too complicated in the sense that there is a lot you need to know in order to be able to understand how the game works fully. ( I don't mean the controls I mean the story line).
Teen, 13 years old Written byFungal123 March 8, 2014

Brilliant game for all ages

I got this for Christmas and may I say I COULD NOT put it down for the whole day,you get to become mayor of your town,run it as you want,customize and accessorise your furniture and clothes and form great friendships with the other villagers and do public works projects and so on if you don't have it go and get it NOW
Kid, 8 years old February 15, 2014

LOVE IT!

Kay I am A newcomer at Animal Crossing But I LUV IT its relly good Belive Me Ask Your Paretns to Buy It
Teen, 14 years old Written bySawybean August 27, 2013

A Great Installment in the Series

This game is really something. As I played I felt something new that I don't usualy feel when playing games. I found myself managing my time and money, and really growing valuable bonds with the NPCs in the town. Speaking of the NPCs, each game has a different set. All the towns have their own unique people within them, and that is a great feat, which is not easily accomplished. The town grows with the player, having members move in and out, new stores and venues opening and closing, and being granted access to a vacation island.
Kid, 11 years old August 20, 2013

one of the best games ever!

i like this game a lot it is fun and addicting
Kid, 10 years old June 21, 2013

Rivosons review

It's very fun and addicting