Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Apex Legends

Epic battle royale game is more realistic than Fortnite.

Adult Written byMarTube February 19, 2019

Let the teens flow

This game is very good, it is appropriate to teens. There are possitive messages because this game focuses on team work. These characters are mostly good, but some have bad backstories. The game is pretty easy to play, but there is a lot of violence, due to the game being about a a battle royale. The language used by characters is fine, but online chat can lead to other people using bad language. You can also buy online currency to buy skins. There is some drug use, because when you heal up, you use some kind of syringe that inyects some kind of healing liquid. I don't know if that counts as drug use.

Adult Written bybuttmomba5355 February 12, 2019
Adult Written byaajj1144 February 23, 2019

Non-Toxic Fun..for now

Apex Legends is the next big thing in Battle Royal. Could it be the one to dethrone Fortnight? Possibly, it's definitely on track to surpass it. I feel there are a few things that hold Apex back from being the lone survivor in this battle royal. 1: Squads only - I love squads when I'm playing with people I know however when I am paired with randoms the fun is taken down a notch. That is due to a number of factors. Lack of communication being the main one. That one issue in turn leads to the other issues such as landing spot, respawning, etc. If they allowed a Duos or Solo mode I feel that could go a long way in boosting the game. 2: Weapon/Loot Spawns - It is definitely feast or famine when it comes to weapons and attachments/items. Even in the "High Tier Loot" sections it can be pretty barren unless you luck up. Many times you should expect to find a handgun of some form. Maybe an SMG if you are lucky. However the hand guns in this game are not much more than a placeholder or decoration as they don't do enough damage to keep you alive long(unless you come upon a poor soul who missed out on the initial landing grabfest). Randomness is to be expected but I feel they could drop a few more guns to start off with. Otherwise you could be in for a short game. 3: Ammo and lack thereof - The damage the guns put out isn't great and with shields/armor and bullet drop off it can be extremely difficult to down an opponent. Many times you'll find yourself with plenty of ammo for a gun you don't have or find the gun you want but ammo is nowhere to be found. Sure the game isn't supposed to be simple but when you have a gun but no ammo or it, it kind of takes away from the fun part. 4: Hit detection - Some hero's attract more bullets than others. Gibralter for instance is a sponge due to his size but a smaller legend like Lifeline is harder to hit. They are currently working on hit detection so this one should be fixed soon. That being said the positive outweighs the negative. You don't HAVE to spend real money to have fun. The skins are all purely cosmetic and do not change the game. Now while this game has a nice community we all know that once it gets more popular it will become more toxic with bullies and foul people. I'd say kids 12 and older would be fine on the game. Anyone younger would find some of the nuances of the game slightly difficult and due to the random people you get teamed with you might have the occasional creep so play with discernment.
Adult Written byKingteranas February 22, 2019

More realistic than Fortnite, requires a bit more teamwork, Not overly violent though.

Graphical Content: There is shooting involved/bullets, in a more realistic manner than Fortnite. However, I wouldn't call it overtly violent - there is no gore, actual blood that I've noticed, no brutal executions etc. No sexual content, drug use, nudity. Gameplay: Gameplay is enjoyable, I would say its a bit more team-focused than Fortnite. As of now you must be in a squad of 3 players every time you play, either with friends you know or the game will matchmake with other people. Vocal communication is a key part of securing victory within the game - Children may be exposed to unsuitable language in this case, but not more so than other online games. Playing with their friends would be advisable if this is a worry. Game is a bit more difficult than Fortnite I would say, there is no building aspect so you are forced to find cover rather than make it. There are also skills unique to each character "Legend" which are also a key part to winning games. Knowing when to use skills to support the team and also yourself is important and takes some time to learn. However, I wouldn't say its an overly difficult game to learn - kids who have played Fortnite should jump into it with relative ease.

Adult Written bySylvester Stalone March 26, 2019

Great Game

At first, I didn't know if I should let my 6 year old play. It looks very realistic, but as I looked into this game, it really isn't bad at all! There is great teamwork and messages where you can play with friends to achieve an overall goal. Now I even let my 3 year old watch his brother play because he even enjoys it.

Adult Written bySoniaLouise March 26, 2019

Rude and immature

I first purchased this game for free as it seemed good value. However, when I started the game I quickly realised there was no girly characters which is majorly off putting for me as I only play games with cute characters. After reviewing the characters, I then decided I would give the game a try. When i started a game I was instantly cat called on the voice chat by saying “hey, how’s your day going”. I told them to grow up and to please stop hitting on me and that I’m not a piece of meat. Not only am I extremely dissatisfied with the quality of the game and the lack of engaging content, I was also verbally abused and targeted for no reason. After researching a customer support system to make a formal complaint, I had no luck in finding anything to report my issues where I could speak to someone in a management position and offer some advice seeing as this is a new game. Overall this game is severely lacking and I would not advise my clients to play this. Many thanks, Sonia

Adult Written byMoneyjac March 18, 2019

It’s not made for kids

Most of the players are like 14+ and it fine but most 14 year olds are not that mature so 15 is good. (16+ recommended). There’s blood and looks realistic. But what really concerned me was the voice chat. There is a whole lot of toxic teens Swearing. And the voice chat is not that easy to disable. TIP: So if your kid plays it, be close to them and when they start a match don’t make them have headphones on or mute the volume until in the plane. Click (I) on pc or whatever on button to open inventory on the controller, on the top of there will be Three tabs; Inventory, squads, legend. Click squads and at the bottom of each player there will be a speaker click it to mute. But I still do not recommend kids under 12 to play

Adult Written bydfernandezzz April 25, 2019

I think there are better games for kids

I like this game but I'm an adult so I think that there are better games for kids, specially on Android. I would like to recommend you this one because it's really good: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.generagames.soccerstar...
Adult Written bydebbiewebbie April 24, 2019

this is goods games

i am debbie webbie and i have the black pass nibba what a ni

Adult Written byIcecloud April 12, 2019

Age suitability ?

I’m guessing that there are some reviews on here where people are joking ? 3/5/7 year olds playing a game that’s been rated a 16 ? Screenagers really helps with looking at the psychological and brain development issues that arise from gaming.

Adult Written byShad0w April 9, 2019

Has a little violence, but not tons

I have personally played Apex Legends, I think it is a fun game, but i would not recommend it for kids under 10 years old, simply because there is violence and sometimes people can be rude in the voice chat, but for the most part, people are nice enough and just want to play the game.

Adult Written byWizardParenting March 30, 2019

Great game with safe chat so it will never be unsafe

Many families find that letting their child play violent games is hard but this is so innocent and child-friendly. It has secure chat so you will never have to worry about online interactions and the violence is the worst thing. It isnt even that bad!

Adult Written byFav dog March 30, 2019

Similar to Fortnite

It is a lot like Fortnite and hear my kids friends saying about how their parents love the fact that it has not a lot of violence

Adult Written byTeoSparkles March 19, 2019

It's kinda fun and Sci-fi Battle Royale

The reason why I played this game so far similar to other Battle Royale games. This game contains mild blood, mild language and moderate violence, Players can interact their squads in gameplay and this game may experience online play. Using voice chat can swear other players including addiction to games. The profanity word H*ll and D**n can be heard in the dialogue with some characters of the game.

Adult Written bytheParent999 March 15, 2019

Very good

My son loved this game it is for parents who's son is addicted to fortnite
Adult Written bySomeoneZeeOne March 11, 2019

Apex Legends

In Apex Legends, players are put into teams of three (all users can communicate with each other through voice chat) and fight to be the last team standing. In order to survive, players must use any assortment of weapons, including guns, knives, fire, explosives, and gas. There is no gore except for blood splatter effects and minor blood stains. Most characters have positive goals and backgrounds. However, one character is a mad scientist who loves to watch his victims suffocate to death, but he’s explicitly marked as “not a hero”. Some characters say minor curses, such as “hell” and “damn”. Also consider that players can communicate through voice chat, which isn’t filtered. However, you can turn this into text, which is censored.

Parent Written byMemeAdict March 9, 2019

Kids over nine years old can play apex lengends (my opinion)

It’s got a similar setup to call of duty but it’s really cartoonishly made and really similar to fortnite if you’re the parent of a ten or eleven year old you should probably let them play this game. there is one problem the voice chat, if you child can’t handle bad late e then I would recommed not getting this game because if your playing online with of kids or young adults the voice chat lets you curse sooooo! they can handle it, or do you not trust your child?!

Adult Written byPlease sub to p... March 7, 2019

This game sucks

Plead do not play it I died

Adult Written byOmg56546554 February 28, 2019

Adult Written byLookatdisdude February 24, 2019

This game is awesome

It is a game that involves strategy, team work, and focus this game is good for 8 and up