All parent member reviews for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Adult Written byphilsphan13 December 30, 2010
First off, video games are hard because of online play which can contain profanity and arguments from other users. I'm going to speak about the actual, non-online gameplay. It really comes down to how far along your child is. Some teens and even kids can handle warfare and violence and it is fine for them as long as there is no nudity or profanity. Out of all things that make something rated mature, violence is probably the best for a child to be exposed to - still not good, but better than the other two. Thankfully there is no nudity, and the intimate scenes are not too bad. That in itself is probably pg-13, but the violence and profanity is R rated, no doubt. Although there is a lot of killing, 95% is done against those who represent an oppressive tyranny caught in a revolution of sorts. The game is also a great history lesson, and although some things are not acceptable today, they were back then, and the game simply is trying to be realistic. All in all, it comes down to your own discretion.
Adult Written byAssassin 17 April 23, 2011
i say this is a very fun game.it is educational because it has real people like caterina sfortza, leonardo da vinci and others.also it shows the history of rome and some of the real places like the vatican the castel sant angelo the downside is the sexual scenes but it is not completely nude but i think 14+ is good also it has alot of blood one scene they show people cutting a womens throat and a man stabbing a women in her stomach after begging fer them to help her son and then they spit on her.but it is an amazing game with a twist in the ending
Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written bycreadobla January 26, 2011
i am a parent and i used to be very strict with my kids but then my 13 year old son and 15 year old son showed me this website and showed me some rated m games that shouldnt be rated m perfect example this violence isnt a issue our children would do it they just need a good religion to keep them straight the cussing shouldnt be a issue the schools have more cussing then the game i recently saw the goonies with my 15 year old son and theres more cussing in that the theres cleavage but they dont show anything. parents you shouldnt be so strict our kids wont do any of these things have more trust in them
Adult Written bygamr December 16, 2010
Assassins creed has been my favorite game series ever since the first one. Yes you can kill civilians, but you are penalized and if you kill more than three you get a game over. And with the language you can't understand it because it is in Italian, and subtitles need to be on to see the translations.
Adult Written bygooddad11 December 7, 2010
Thsi is an interesting game. I would never let anyone under the age of 10 paly it, but after that, there's really no concerns. Even if your kid could understand the language, it's nothing you wouldn't hear in you average fourth grade class. There is also very little sex, only refences, which could also be found in an average fifth grade class. (I'm not kidding about this. I went to a science fair for my 11 year old son, and there were so many kids cracking perverted jokes, it's not even funny.) And teh violence isn't too bad either, considering that you just rush through the game. Anyone undder 10 might take the game over seriously, but anyone ten and up won't be affected at all.
Adult Written byrealistic judge November 21, 2010
The three things I worry most about with video games are language, sex, and violence. The reason I thinkviolence is a concern, is because theres a lot of killing in the game. Not as much as halo or call of duty, but still enough to be notified. There's not much blood however, its more like a small cloud and then its gone. Even though Common sense media said there's a lot of sex (why they did this I don't know why), theres really not. There's some sexual dialogue (in Italian) and one scene where it is implied the character has sex. So I dont' really consider that a concern. The langauge isn't bad, but ther's a lot of it. Very Few F***s or s*** but many hell's, damns, etc. I think that a 12- 13 year old should definetely be fine with this game.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byBKidsGKids November 18, 2010

OK for 13+

This game is fine for a responsible, mature 14 year old, mine has the game, and loves it! Sex is not an issue, because, there is only about 5 seconds of anything close to it, and it is nothing worse than your 13 or 14 year old child is learning in his health class in middle school. The violence is somewhat extreme(after all, you ARE an assassin.) but for a mature 13 year old, it if FINE. THIS GAME IS PERFECT FOR 13+! get this or Call Of Duty: Black Ops for Christmas(i wrote a review there) and your child will love you!
Parent of a 10, 12, and 13 year old Written byGimmick November 17, 2010

good game perfect for a 10 year old

good game, too violent without blood turned off but fine with it turned on perfect for 10 year olds, also its very educational and easy to play
Adult Written byIllegalPanda101 July 19, 2016

For Pre Teens and Teens

Young men will have to learn this sooner or later. Assassins Creed is only M because of Violence ,Language , and sometimes including ONE sexual reference. As a parent I do not want my child to mature his head at a young age. I personally would let children 12+ to play this game. Violence now a days is in every movie and game. I stood with my child until he finished they game campaign and nothing was bad about it. As for in this game Violence is only used on criminals ,gangs, and horrible leaders.
Adult Written byZenwarmaker Gaming December 30, 2015

Good game but inappropriate

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood takes place in Rome. The game is very educational and has sexual content. Profanity is spoken in Italian so just turn off subtitles. Game develops further in graphics, but not too much. As for sexual content player is straddled and a woman's Butt is shown clearly in underwear as she has sexual actions with character. There are blood splatters when target is hit and the sword goes through the enemys.
Parent Written bya_teachers_view September 30, 2013

From a teachers view.

THIS GAME IS GREAT!!! No problem WHAT-SO-EVER!!!! Except for maybe violence, but you can toggle blood off. As a teacher, I love the educational value, in how rebels get their rights from power hungry government, much like our own rebellion against Britain. There is swearing, but in Italian, so unless your italian teacher tells you how to say swears, you'll be fine. People are also there is a ton of sex, which, frankly, IS BS!!! No sex at all, except the protaginist kissing a girl. BADABOOM! A great game, one of my favs, PERFECT! no reason to not let kids play it.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byparentsrule September 16, 2012
Parent of a 18+ year old Written byRavioliFaceMan August 5, 2012

Love this game!

Love this game, and so do the kids. You people should grow up and stop telling your kids at what point they can do certain things. It's going to happen, and if it's too much for them they'll tell you about it.
Parent Written bySquidmaster129 July 24, 2012

Squid Reviews

Very good game. There is zero nudity, and sexual themes, but not anything that a kid 13 or older wouldn't already understand. It is violent, but not gory, and blood can be turned off. A very fun game, I recommend buying it.
Adult Written bywehavecook1es July 8, 2012

It's not bad at all.

This game contains strong violence, yes, but you can turn off blood. The sexuality is very brief, and profanity is nothing your kids haven't heard. This is an awesome game, I recommend it for everyone
Adult Written byprotectmykids87 January 14, 2012

game

its not a terrible game it has violence obviously but definetly not as bad as kids have seen on other games like call of duty
Adult Written byDr. Robotnik December 7, 2011

this website is a blight on society

Contrary to what this site says the game actually punishes you for killing innocents the first time it gives you a warning the 2nd another warning and the 3rd it sends you back to the last save point. In short csm is wrong as usual. Is it violent? duh it is assassins creed after all. Is it handled well? for a game with such a seemingly violent title, yes.
Parent Written byGameView September 19, 2011

It is absolutly fine for kids!

Realy interesting brilliant plot itwould make a great movie. It is alright game for kids it is not so bad the only thing you might need to watch for that is the figting. And one more thing whitch is the words there is alot of bad words in this game but in Italian wich sould not be ok whith some peaple but otherwise it is an absolutly fine game for kids!
Parent Written byjhonny tenny September 3, 2011

assasin's creed is recommended for childrens

Parent Written byAltair+Ezio June 28, 2011

I think that it is educational, but too violent for -10

The adventures in Rome make it very interesting. The asassin's creed games do have real historical places, people, and objects. The only problem is the sex. there's about 10 seconds of that. Violence, OK there is some