All parent member reviews for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Adult Written bycitruscello December 12, 2010

A game that intrigued me in more ways than one

I can't believe you guys would rate this as inappropriate. Of course, not for 10 or so, but if the child (who preferably has reached teenage stage) can handle this maturely, I say go for it. It's not like kids after they play this will go around killing people with a hidden blade-thats utterly retarded. I believe people at least 15 should be "censored" to play it. In my opinion it's a great game, it even helped me with my AP History class learning about geography and monuments in Italy, as well as in AC 1 in Jerusalem or Middle East, and AC 2 that occurred in Italy as well. I also think it gives a great example of oppression from the church and the violent leaders of that time period, and Ezio, though he kills them, fights for the message of peace without the spotlight. This game is very addicting because now I want to play it more because 1) I have so much fun figuring out what to do next and decoding puzzles and 2) makes me want to research the middle ages even more because of the wonderous architecture and paintings you can buy from the shops in the game. Im not surprised this game has excellent reviews.
Adult Written bygoodfather99 December 7, 2010

I have kids age 12 and 11. I was originally reluctant to let them get this game, but when I eventually saw my 11 year olds friends playing it, I came to a few conclusions. 1: there is violence, but the game is too fast paced to really pay attention to detail. 2: there is almost no sexual content in the game. And 3: There is a fair amount of cussing, but if you turn off the subtitles, it's not understandable anyways. So with subtitles, I rate it 15+, without it it, 11+.
Adult Written bycsi guy December 7, 2010

bad language unless you turn off teh subtitles. then you cant even understand it. The role models aren't great either, but anyone over the age of 11 is going to understand that. fine for 11 years and older.
Adult Written bybigman200 December 7, 2010

I made a mistake

Hi. I've already reviewed this title, but I went back to it and realized I had put 17+ by accident. It was meant to be 12+, so to even it out, I made another account and put this a 7+. I fyou want to read my full review I was bigman99100, and im 7 reviews done if you're looking at kids and parents, and three reviews down if you're just looking at parents.
Parent of a 7, 7, 10, 12, and 14 year old Written bya sane person November 29, 2010

This is a game that adults can enjoy when the kids are asleep.

It is good with a suprisingly gret multiplayer, but very violent with swearing issues. For example, you can plunge a blade into a writhing torso. I dont think even my oldest kids are ready for that.
Parent of a 8 and 13 year old Written bysoccerdad2010 November 19, 2010

If you're fine with the last Creed games, this is perfect,

The only two concerns are language and violence. The worst or the language is only dotted; very little f--k and s--t, but quite a few d--m and h--l. The violence is the main concern though. The game is all about killing. All the fight scenes compose of you stabbing and slashing guards. But, there are no flying limbs or screams of pain. Only a poof of blood, than a corpse that fades away after a while. If you were fine with the past Assassin's Creed games, this one will be fine for your kids.
Parent of a 14 and 16 year old Written byThe Johansons Dad November 16, 2010

Interesting, fun, but violent game.

Great game. My son has been looking forward this forever, so I let him preoreder it. He already has the 2nd game, so i figured this game would be okay. And I was right. The violence is pretty much the same as the 2nd game, and so is the language and sex. If you think the 2nd game is fine, this one will be too. So, I would say for responsible 10+. The violence has blood, but not over the top. And no flying limbs, or gaping holes in victims. You rarely hear f--k in english, same with s--t. But a-s, d--n, and h--l are used. Sex is not even that big of a problem. In one cutscene, you see your player kissing and caressing a woman in underwear, but that is the worst of it. No nudity, and only for 5 seconds. But, you can obviously tell the prostitutes. They wear exposing outfits, and flirtatiously look at you when you pass.