All member reviews for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Teen, 13 years old Written byGamereviewer101 June 4, 2011

OK for Mature Kids

I Think that this game is on for mature 12 years old but i think that kids should talk with their parents about what they want to play. The sexual content isn't that bad. Like if they are mature they would have already seen way worse in a movie. The violence isn't bad if you turn the blood and gore of and if you turn the subtitles off you don't see the swear words on screen.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRaineKnight May 20, 2011

I really enjoy this game. It may be too violent for some parents, and in the beginning there was sexual content, but it can be skipped over. Another issue is that you can kill pedestrians, with the warning that "Ezio did not kill civilains". After killing 3-4 civilians the game desyncronizes and you have to play over from where you started last save. It strongly states that the only people you can kill are the Borgia and the guards. There are also a variety of ways you can kill people, ranging from daggars, poison, swords, and guns.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobert Black November 15, 2011

Disagreement

I disagree strongly with the actual review from common sense. I mean really? If you kill civilians YOU DIE. Literally, you have to start over from a checkpoint. So I don't get why they say that at all, and you don't have to build brothels, in fact I never do... Also the cussing...all in Italian. If you speak Italian, then I guess don't buy it. I'm also about to die with the whole "online people cuss :(" Just listen to what I'm going to say. There. Is. A. Thing. Called. The. Mute. Button. Push it. There you go, mute the other people and bingo, you're golden.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMakeVIew_2,5,9 June 1, 2011

Number two

Number two is better
Teen, 15 years old Written bycambrun May 21, 2011

You can tell by the Title

This is my favorite game of all time, with great multiplayer, and enough side missions to entertain you until the next game comes out November 2011. I loved how the majority of the characters are people that actually lived, just with a fictional background, and that the heroes were just that. It was violent, but I hope you got that from that from the title. There is a scene towards the beginning of Ezio and a woman having sex, and there are also prostitutes, but aren't dressed to provactively. Also, Ezio kills his enemies, but again, I hope you got that from the title.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe_Kid_Who_Cares November 22, 2010

I think the game is fine for kids 13 and up because there are so many games out there (eg. CoD, Halo, etc.) that involve killing some one so how is this game any different. Yeah, so there is some nudity and sex and even talk about women, but so what your kid is going to learn about that stuff one way or the other. Right I'm 13 and in Grade 8 I am learning how to make a baby because I am going to learn about it one way or the other, I;m either going to learn it at school, by my parents or somewhere else. The language too, your kid is going to learn how to say f***, d**n or s***, etc. sometime during their kid part of life, because its on T.V., in music and people say those words it's not like your going to go your whole life not hearing any of those words. I'm sure anybody who plays violent video games at 13 can handle this game. Well that's all I have to say about this game or any other M rated game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHog Boy April 11, 2011

13 Plus

If u turn subtitles off u can't tell what they are saying in Italian. And the language and sexual content isn't something a 13 year old hasn't seen or heard before.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMrRACIII January 22, 2011

Good for kids 10+

This beautifully crafted game is both educational and easy to play. Yes there is graphic violence and it is sexually themed, but it gives kids a background on Rome and can teach them many things. It is a work of art.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAvengingSon98 October 15, 2014

Teen, 13 years old Written byCam S. June 25, 2012

LEARNING

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Is More Appropriate Than You May Think.

You probably are looking at how I said that there is sex, violence and language but those can be changes. There is one or two sex scenes and both can be skipped. Also you can turn off blood, gore and language, but you will still be fighting. Also the editor said you can kill people. Yes you can but the game discourages it. This game is surprisingly factual. Wen you enter an area or see important figures you can, on the ps3 (controls may vary) press select and have a whole fact sheet appear. In the end there is violence but your not going around and killing whoever you please because your a "murderer". This game has a sense of being like a super hero without super powers. You're fighting for a cause not random slaughtering. In multi-player yes you can hear other people speaking in headsets but you can mute the people who are speaking and still hear the game
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2011

Good Game

I love this game, very good graphics. It's gory but most alll games are. I love it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byreadthereview_B23 May 31, 2011

Just fine

The second one is the best so far. This should keep you entertained. You still CANT kill civilians.
Kid, 12 years old July 9, 2013

Very good game with minor things for parents to worry about.

This game is brilliant. I will start with violence. You can turn off blood but the executions can still be a bit brutal.You cannot kill civilians but you can kill every guard you come across. Violence is a 3/5. Sexual content. One scene the protagonist (Ezio) is in a bathtub and a female character walks up to him. They kiss. You can see them kiss in a bed. This can all be skipped. Throughout the game you come across prostitutes. They are wearing revealing clothing but nothing too bad. I would say sexual content is a 2/5 due to the sex scene being skip able. Language. Bad language is in Italian so if subtitles are of, you can't understand. Except some which is obvious like ba***do or something. Language is a 1/5. You can learn a lot from the whole franchise about the renaissance and other events so it has an educational aspect. Assassins creed is my favourite series so it is a good game. Enjoy the game :)
Kid, 11 years old May 30, 2012

totally awsome

i think everyone is overreacting about this game its totally appropiate and the sex ha theirs none of it in the game only if you count a dress with some part showing. violence doesnt matter this game can turn off the violence and blood. as i go back to the to topic its totally appropiate for kids.
Kid, 10 years old November 16, 2014

Exceptionally Good!

Very good, yet some sex and the touch that you have the option to kill random villagers is a bit iffy. The only swearing is italian, and you get many AWESOME gadgets to kill your enemies. I play on XBOX360, and get a great experience. Overall, worth playing!
Teen, 17 years old Written bypretentiousgamer17 June 26, 2014

A little worse than the other games.

It feels like you were constantly dealing with unwanted language or sex scenes, but still a great game nonetheless.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGereon March 4, 2014

LEARNING

Epic game for mature tweens and teens.

I just wanted to tell you all that this epic game is really okay for 12 and 11+ kids. I play this game on my xbox sometimes and it always seems to get more fun. Common sense media is over-doing it again. Violence: The good thing about this game is that with violence you can choose between 3-5 in violence or 4-5 in violence. The reason is that blood may be turned off. There are sword and dagger battles including bows, throwing knives and the occasional turret. Again, common sense media is telling fibs. The cut scenes showing 'Disturbing slo-mo finishing moves', are really not that bad. Luckily, they can be skipped. With blood on, when you kill an enemy, you see a small cloud of unrealistic blood spurt out which almost immediately disappears. Really nothing to get worked up about. With blood off, the violence is the same as Lord of the Rings. If you are allowed to watch LOTR, you should be allowed to play this game. Even with blood, this should be T-rated. Sexual content: Mild-Moderate. Occasional sexual dialogue is used (in Italian) and prostitutes roam the streets in tight fitting and low cut (but not very revealing) clothes. At the start of the game a cut-scene shows Ezio and his girlfriend about to make love. No nudity is shown, the sex is implied and the cut scene is short and can be skipped.\ Ten year old's see worse in kids shows. If you are allowed to watch the 'naughty' scenes in james bond, the sexual stuff is fine. Language: Cazzo, fortify and merda are used. These, luckily are only italian and you only see it translated if you have the english dialogue on. Ezio fights are ruthless lord who kills many people. In a way, this message can be used against bullys. Ezio fight's for what is right and does not kill civilians. All in all, this game is apropiate for 12+, iffy for 10-11 and definitely not for 9-. Hope this helped, good-bye Language:
Kid, 9 years old March 28, 2011

assassins creed brotherhood

you can turn the blood of and have a great time playing it.
Kid, 12 years old January 17, 2011

not as bad as they say

i play this game a lot at my friends house and the violence, although there is a lot of it you can turn off the blood and it is no big deal. online play can be a problem, but you can do the same thing in any other game, like lego star wars, or any other kids game. the sex scenes can be skipped and the message is good. you also learn a lot about Italian history, especially because the characters were real people. really overall it is a great game and it is fine for kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byiloveigs December 10, 2010

BEST AC GAME EVER

I love this game it is great for anyone who Can play a video game the voilence isn't bad language is just words and Ezio is just plain ugly