All member reviews for Assassin's Creed III

Bloody Revolutionary War adventure best for mature gamers.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Parent Written byTaCTiCaLxReFLeX November 2, 2012

Honest review

I do not know why people keep saying this game is full of sex.......I have played the whole game through and there just 1 reference to sex, nothing a 5th grader cant handle, the language is not that bad. yes the f-word is said once and the s-word is said a few times but cursing is not common and will not be heard a lot.....mainly because there is not a lot of dialogue in the game
Parent of a 5, 5, 10, and 13 year old Written byopenparent November 8, 2012

AC3

A great game that allows kids to love of history. It is a bit violent, but much can be avoided, it all depends on how one plays the game. Nothing a mature 11 year old can't handle. AC3 does have blood, but it can easily be turned off. Next to NO SEXUAL CONTENT in this game, there is worse in seven year old's TV shows. There is a lot of cultural education in this game, the developers put a huge amount of effort into historical and cultural accuracy. The protagonist is a good role model, as he does what he believes is just, and tries to save innocents. There is a little bit of cursing, one or two uses of the "F Word", and a few uses of s--t. overall a great game.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybobbyray November 5, 2012

Great game

This game is not that bad don't let the commonsense review hold you up....the f word is used very little and other mild language. Sexual content is mild at best a few sexual references. The game is very bloody but the blood can be turned off. There is brief torture scene that is kind of graphic it can be skipped though... Overall great game MATURE 13 AND UP ONLY!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDelete123 November 9, 2012

The truth

One parents must know sexual themes means revealing outfits or people in undergarments there's no actual sex in the game language can be turned off and blood can be turned off too
Kid, 12 years old October 30, 2012

Assassins Creed 3 review

Assassins creed is an awesome game that i think is okay, not for a specific age range, but for kids the their parents or guardians think that they are mature enough to see someone stab an enemy with a hidden knife. i would definitely recommend this game for people who are 12-and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPART III November 2, 2012

Great but a little violent.

Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2012

Fantastic Game But Bloody

It is very violent and bloody but it is something tweens can handle. You kill people, it's action packed and extremely addictive.
Parent of a 13 and 14 year old Written byJerrysParents November 10, 2012

Great game one of my top 5

After watching through the first level of this game with my children I was hooked and decided to create my own account and try it out. Once I started playing I became immersed inside the game the graphics are truly wonderful and the gameplay is crisp and magnificent. There is the occasional profanity but not enough to take away from the game and it is nothing a mature ten year old cant handle. As a huge american history lover I absolutely loved this game and found it not only fun to play but great to learn with as well. As having completed the entire game now and ready to redo it I am absolutely fine with my children playing this game. As for the sexuality that people have talked about there is nothing but a mentioning of someone and it is not detailed. The violence in this game isn't anything an 11 year old cant handle so my two sons who are 13 and 14 can easily handle this game. Remember dear fathers out there you might just have to strap yourself in and immerse yourself in the beauty of being in possibly the most important factor in american history... so enjoy because i am 48 and i love this game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. November 2, 2012

Great but a little violent.

There are stabbings with swords, hidden blades, and bayonets. As well as shooting with rifles, bows, and pistols, all at redcoats, or animals.
Educator Written byFamilyCounselor November 12, 2012

LEARNING

An action packed, thought provoking, period piece.

Assassins Creed has always carried a Mature rating generally for its level of violence but also because the themes presented are complex and of an adult nature. From the hopes of a developing America through freedom, diversity, and compassion to absent-father / son tensions, Connor's experience as a mixed race (British/Mohawk) assassin under the tutelage of an African American mentor speaks to the narrative of the disenfranchised. Ubisoft went to great lengths to portray the protagonist as a multi-faceted character rather than just a stereotype of Native Americans. Subtleties in body langage like Connor's discomfort of physical touch are apparent for those that are looking. Entire cut scenes in his native language also bring a welcome sample of the values of their culture. To the colonists, Connor's idealism is perceived as naive and there are several morally ambiguous moments within the main storyline. As for the gameplay, it is a departure into new territory with naval battles and a different control scheme which takes some time to get accustomed to. Definitely more strategic in the combat mechanic than previous titles as well. The bulk of the game is in the side missions which don't open entirely until Sequence 6-7, many of which are time distractions. However, the most rewarding were the Homesead missions which develop a sense of community and provide significant emotional payoff with the surrogate parent relationship between Connor and his mentor. For those new to the series, there isn't as much backstory as would be desired about the Assassins and there is a very slow start up to the main plot. It is always grounded in a historical setting but taking many liberties, enough to discount the series as a history lesson and more of a "what if" type of scenario. The overall theme of the AC series is that freedom, though often messy with different perspectives and experiences, is to be valued over fascist order. Families can also talk about what freedom may look like to different people. Connor's core definition of it was the safety of his people. What about the colonists or of different communities today? Alternatively, what are some of the guiding influences that the children have outside of their family members? Connor and his biological father had differing values but he was able to find a more positive influence in line with his own.
Educator and Parent Written byAnglon November 25, 2012

A Rich Experience

While violent, AC3 is an engrossing game that allows history to come alive for both adults and children. As the parent of two sons who love AC3 - a 10-yr. old (who has opted to turn the blood off) and a 12-yr. old -, I believe the game is suitable for children whose parents talk to them about the issues of identity, morality and racism broached in the game. Furthermore, it offers one of the few experiences in video games from a Native American perspective.
Parent Written byAdviser01 December 21, 2012

Not Really a Bad game...

Assassin's Creed 3 is rated M for mature for: Intense Violence, Blood, Sexual Themes, and Strong Language. My son has this game. he's 13 years old, and this title isn't actually that bad. Assassin's creed 3 revolves around the Revolutionary war. This game is from a Native American Assassin's point of view. The game shows how his mother is killed in a fire lit by a Templar, or an enemy of the Assassin's. You see how he grows into an Assassin. This game really has NO sexual themes, there is just a tiny cut scene that you can skip. However, this game IS from an Assassin's point of view as he fights the British. He uses many weapons, such as a: Tomahawk, Hidden Blades, Rope Darts, Axes, Swords, and basically any weapon that can kill Red-Roats. This game has a bit of language, but it's nothing a kid won't hear in a middle school. Connor, the Native American Assassin, is a pretty positive role-model. he fights for the freedom of his people, and also helps historical figures, such asSamuel Adams, and George Washington. This game should be okay for 13 and up.
Parent Written byjohnknicks22 November 24, 2012

Assassin's Creed 3

Assassin's Creed 3 is a violent game, don't get me wrong. If you feel that your child is responsible enough to handle a game like this, then let them get it. As a parent I was sensitive to my 12 year old son having games such as these because I thought it was too intense. After a lot of begging, he finally talked me into letting him get this one game. After he had been playing the game for a while, I realized he was not having a post-play issue with violence,etc. If you are one of those parents who is like I used to be, I suggest you step out of your comfort zone and give your kid a chance at taking on the responsibility of owning a game like this.
Kid, 12 years old November 7, 2012

LEARNING

NOT SO BAD AS MANY SAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im an 12 old year boy and i dont realy see the reason with this game to be 18! its just like any other games kids plays! its a little bit of blood but you can just turn that off in the options! i realy think this is a great game for 12 and up in the age! you can realy learn from it maybe even more than you would in a school lesson!! its replicas of the cities and many historical characters like George washington. and the history is authentical to the real history instead of thats connor never have lived! so if there is any children not allowed to play this game, show them this comment!!!!:)
Parent Written byParentsence December 21, 2012

Good game. For 12 years

Well assasins creed 3 is a good game and their is violence but not that bad I recommend it for 10 years and up it has a lot of historic events and the only bad part of the game is the blood but that can be turned off as well as the swearing thanks for your time
Teen, 13 years old Written bySovaso February 12, 2013

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death

Assassin's Creed III. Warning: do NOT read on if you are 12 or under. This game is about an assassin named Connor in the Revolutionary War. I don't play many M-rated games, and this one I have done many things to make it better. OK warning over. Let's get to the game. ACIII is an amazing game. It sets a new bar for action games and is extremely fun. The parkour-stealth-history-open world franchise is very cool. ACIII comes the closest to home in it's history. The Revolutionary War is what defined America. It isn't biased towards America or Britan. It's what happened. However, most of your targets are British. The game relays the message that fighting tyranny is good within parameters. Connor can be an OK role-model. However, he does kill. The volence in the game is hefty. Among your wide arsenal of weapons is a tomahawk, hidden blades, a knife attached to a rope, poison darts and much more. There is killing with all weapons. you can also hunt animals such as bear and deer. There are stylized kills and shootings. People get stabbed with Bayonettes. Redcoats get hung from high buildings. The violence is common and intense. The Rating of the game says that there are "sexual themes". However, I encountered nothing of the sort. There is little little Language in all of Connor's sequences such as d*nm and h*ll. But when you hit Desmond's sequences, expect a few F-Bombs and D**k. One character smokes a cigar. Others drink and belch. Although it's not excessive, it's there. Overall, ACIII is a great game with themes that aren't OK for kids. I would say this is OK for 16+ year olds, iffy for 13-15 and definately off for 12-. In the end ACIII is great with precautions. The blood can be turned off a the general options menu to give a less realistic feel. Overall I would give this game a 9/10! Just be a little careful around this game.
Kid, 12 years old November 12, 2012

LEARNING

Not as Bad as the Title Brings it out to Be.

Now if your thinking this site gives honest reviews from someone who has actually played its perspective, your wrong. This game allows one to be an Assassin, and while you are killing redcoats, it is not biased toward British or American. Of course, the US wins, as it happened in history. Some children will just notice the fact that it is their history, and ignore the rest, but others will find it educational. It is packed with information. For those interested, take the game slow to enjoy it fully. This site's name, Common Sense, can be ironic, because their reviews lack quite a lot of it. Next, they say there are no good role models. Oh, I forgot, fighting for freedom against tyranny is a bad thing. We must let evil rule! Right. Assassin's Creed 3, 4.5 out of 5 Ubisoft.
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2012

AMAZING GAME!

I love this game! Though there are some things that adults should know before buying it for their kids. 1 there is a lot of violence. 2 there is some bad language such as c**k and f**k. But you can get some education out of the game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwillyBoi101 November 19, 2012

Use your Common sense.

This game really isn't that bad. A few swear words here and there, but nothing a 5 grader or up can't handle. And I'm pretty sure the violence isn't a problem.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHeyyPeopleOfTheWorld November 7, 2012

most amazing game ever

assasin's creed 3 is amazing! You interac with loads of real people and the assaniations are sick! don;t think that a kid will play this game then go say i'm gonna become an assasin with a tomahawk! becuase he won't and he will also relize that if he trys to use hand to hand comabt weapons then he will just end up shot and dead.