All member reviews for Assassin's Creed III

Teen, 17 years old Written bybobbyray November 5, 2012

Great game

This game is not that bad don't let the commonsense review hold you up....the f word is used very little and other mild language. Sexual content is mild at best a few sexual references. The game is very bloody but the blood can be turned off. There is brief torture scene that is kind of graphic it can be skipped though... Overall great game MATURE 13 AND UP ONLY!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDelete123 November 9, 2012

The truth

One parents must know sexual themes means revealing outfits or people in undergarments there's no actual sex in the game language can be turned off and blood can be turned off too
Kid, 12 years old October 30, 2012

Assassins Creed 3 review

Assassins creed is an awesome game that i think is okay, not for a specific age range, but for kids the their parents or guardians think that they are mature enough to see someone stab an enemy with a hidden knife. i would definitely recommend this game for people who are 12-and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPART III November 2, 2012

Great but a little violent.

Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2012

Fantastic Game But Bloody

It is very violent and bloody but it is something tweens can handle. You kill people, it's action packed and extremely addictive.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. November 2, 2012

Great but a little violent.

There are stabbings with swords, hidden blades, and bayonets. As well as shooting with rifles, bows, and pistols, all at redcoats, or animals.
Kid, 12 years old November 7, 2012

LEARNING

NOT SO BAD AS MANY SAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im an 12 old year boy and i dont realy see the reason with this game to be 18! its just like any other games kids plays! its a little bit of blood but you can just turn that off in the options! i realy think this is a great game for 12 and up in the age! you can realy learn from it maybe even more than you would in a school lesson!! its replicas of the cities and many historical characters like George washington. and the history is authentical to the real history instead of thats connor never have lived! so if there is any children not allowed to play this game, show them this comment!!!!:)
Teen, 13 years old Written bySovaso February 12, 2013

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death

Assassin's Creed III. Warning: do NOT read on if you are 12 or under. This game is about an assassin named Connor in the Revolutionary War. I don't play many M-rated games, and this one I have done many things to make it better. OK warning over. Let's get to the game. ACIII is an amazing game. It sets a new bar for action games and is extremely fun. The parkour-stealth-history-open world franchise is very cool. ACIII comes the closest to home in it's history. The Revolutionary War is what defined America. It isn't biased towards America or Britan. It's what happened. However, most of your targets are British. The game relays the message that fighting tyranny is good within parameters. Connor can be an OK role-model. However, he does kill. The volence in the game is hefty. Among your wide arsenal of weapons is a tomahawk, hidden blades, a knife attached to a rope, poison darts and much more. There is killing with all weapons. you can also hunt animals such as bear and deer. There are stylized kills and shootings. People get stabbed with Bayonettes. Redcoats get hung from high buildings. The violence is common and intense. The Rating of the game says that there are "sexual themes". However, I encountered nothing of the sort. There is little little Language in all of Connor's sequences such as d*nm and h*ll. But when you hit Desmond's sequences, expect a few F-Bombs and D**k. One character smokes a cigar. Others drink and belch. Although it's not excessive, it's there. Overall, ACIII is a great game with themes that aren't OK for kids. I would say this is OK for 16+ year olds, iffy for 13-15 and definately off for 12-. In the end ACIII is great with precautions. The blood can be turned off a the general options menu to give a less realistic feel. Overall I would give this game a 9/10! Just be a little careful around this game.
Kid, 12 years old November 12, 2012

LEARNING

Not as Bad as the Title Brings it out to Be.

Now if your thinking this site gives honest reviews from someone who has actually played its perspective, your wrong. This game allows one to be an Assassin, and while you are killing redcoats, it is not biased toward British or American. Of course, the US wins, as it happened in history. Some children will just notice the fact that it is their history, and ignore the rest, but others will find it educational. It is packed with information. For those interested, take the game slow to enjoy it fully. This site's name, Common Sense, can be ironic, because their reviews lack quite a lot of it. Next, they say there are no good role models. Oh, I forgot, fighting for freedom against tyranny is a bad thing. We must let evil rule! Right. Assassin's Creed 3, 4.5 out of 5 Ubisoft.
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2012

AMAZING GAME!

I love this game! Though there are some things that adults should know before buying it for their kids. 1 there is a lot of violence. 2 there is some bad language such as c**k and f**k. But you can get some education out of the game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwillyBoi101 November 19, 2012

Use your Common sense.

This game really isn't that bad. A few swear words here and there, but nothing a 5 grader or up can't handle. And I'm pretty sure the violence isn't a problem.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHeyyPeopleOfTheWorld November 7, 2012

most amazing game ever

assasin's creed 3 is amazing! You interac with loads of real people and the assaniations are sick! don;t think that a kid will play this game then go say i'm gonna become an assasin with a tomahawk! becuase he won't and he will also relize that if he trys to use hand to hand comabt weapons then he will just end up shot and dead.
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2012

Assassin's Creed III

It is a man fighting to free the colonies of the Redcoats but most of all to avenge his people and rid the world of the templars. So he is trying to fight to rid the world of evil.
Teen, 13 years old Written byObamaToTheRescue November 7, 2012

Maturity rules.

I say that this game is fairly appropriate for kids probably 13 and up, depending on how mature your child is. As a kid myself, I find myself a very mature 13 year old, and find this game quite violent, and has not so often language, but none of this is nothing that they won't be exposed to in their up-coming pre-adolescent years. This game is overall quite violent and has some language, but depending on the maturity of your child is the whole thing. And don't give this game to 10-11 year olds, no matter what they say. Trust me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreveiws_Ben November 25, 2012

Great game for mature 13 and up

This is a great game with everything about it. With the rating of Violence, Harsh Language, and Sexual themes only part of this is true. There is NO sexual content in this game AT ALL. Violence is plentiful but not a problem because it's not very gruesome and blood can be turned off. The language isn't horrible but its very brief. A few f-bombs maybe 4 are used in the whole game. Nothing a 13 year old can't handle. Then there is a frequent minor cuss word every once in a while. DO NOT GIVE THIS GAME TO YOUNGER KIDS. No matter what younger kids say this game is not for them to much violence and language. Good for a mature teenager. The story-line can be somewhat boring at times but is always great. You never get bored because there are so many little things to do like hunting and killing British Soldiers. This game is confusing at times and I advice reading up on the Assassin Creed story-line before playing to understand plot. Controls are as simple as they can be and graphics are great. All in all one of the best games out right now.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySnudDatzEpic November 20, 2012

It's educational

I think common sense doesn't understand something: I think we can all agree that games that include history in game play will get the player to remember things about history since they are relevant due to the fact that they are in the game. Basically what I'm saying is: History Lessons + Fun = LEARNING!!!!!! What they think is when you add History lessons + Fun but then you add + Violence Then you get History Lesson + Fun + Violence = THEY LEARN NOTHING! I don't know but I think I learned a lot about the Vietnam War from Call of Duty Blackops. For example, now I know that the entire war revolved around a poison gas called Nova 6 and that they needed to throw it into the sea of pigs or else Makarov will keep shooting innocent Russians in airports. See! Playing is learning, soooo. History Lesson + Violence + A WHOLE LOTTA FUN= THE FUTURE OF AMERICAN EDUCATION!!!
Kid, 10 years old November 8, 2012

assassins creed 3

looks like a good game
Teen, 13 years old Written byFAMILYMEMBER November 14, 2012

LEARNING

FINE. BLOOD CAN BE TURNED OFF.

great game. Blood can be turned off. I don't get the not for kids rating as there is not any sexual referances and little language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybongokhrusha November 23, 2012

LEARNING

Good game but strong content

It is a great game but only buy it if you think it is right for your kids to see blood and violence and cursing.
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2013

Awesome game

I I'm halfway through the game and I think that most people overlook how "bad" it's is. First, there is no blood if you turn it off at the option menu. Second, the launguage isn't very bad because its rare, I only heard the "f" word once or twice so far, and I've been playing for a few weeks. Also, no sexual content. Overall, it's pretty educational because I learnt a lot about George Washington and the revalutionary war, and I didn't turn into a murderer by playing it