All member reviews for Assassin's Creed III

Teen, 17 years old Written bybobbyray November 5, 2012

Great game

This game is not that bad don't let the commonsense review hold you up....the f word is used very little and other mild language. Sexual content is mild at best a few sexual references. The game is very bloody but the blood can be turned off. There is brief torture scene that is kind of graphic it can be skipped though... Overall great game MATURE 13 AND UP ONLY!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDelete123 November 9, 2012

The truth

One parents must know sexual themes means revealing outfits or people in undergarments there's no actual sex in the game language can be turned off and blood can be turned off too
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. November 2, 2012

Great but a little violent.

There are stabbings with swords, hidden blades, and bayonets. As well as shooting with rifles, bows, and pistols, all at redcoats, or animals.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPahrokkal July 23, 2013

Assassins Creed III (READ FOR HONEST REVIEW.)

Well, Let me start off with this. I have been buying and reviewing these kinds of games for years, and I have quite a bit to say about Assassins Creed III. First off let me say that I own the game and know all of its experiences. Say you came here because your 11 yr old or 12 yr old son is getting on their knees and begging you to let them have the game. If so, don't listen to all those other reviews. Most of them are dishonest, and exaggerate often. This one is Honest, Clear, and to the point. Assassins Creed III is a very good game with a gripping story. A young Native American boy, (Four to be exact) named ratohnhaké:ton, has his village invaded and set on fire by redcoats. His mother sadly dies in the fire. Yet this does not compel him to get revenge on the men responsible, he forgives and forgets. Nine years later, the village is rebuilt, and his village is at peace. Later, ratohnhaké:ton has a dream, it tells him to seek a symbol, The "Assassins Brotherhood" symbol. He is also told to go East and he will find a manor with an African American who will train him. Naturally, he goes there and the man trains him. (The mans name is Achilles) After complete training, he introduced to the brotherhood and is now an assassin. After that the same redcoats who attacked his village, force them to leave the village, and that's when they went to war. ratohnhaké:ton later changes his name to Connor. Through out gameplay Connor meets historical figures, such as George Washington, John Pitcairn, Charles Lee, and many more. So this game has quite a bit of learning about the Revolutionary War, The Boston Massacre, and the Boston Tea party. Violence: This game is very violent, but not over the top. You have a tomahawk that you use to hit and slam enemies to the ground with. You also have a bow that you can use to kill targets at long range with. The two last weapons are a flintlock pistol and a hidden blade. the hidden blade really is self explanatory. It is a blade that is hidden on your wrist for stealthy kills. There is a good amount of blood in the game, but this can easily be turned off in the options menu, making it a less gory experience. There is language, but not to much of it, mostly because there isn't a lot of dialogue in the game. Drinking drugs and smoking: There is no Smoking, nor drugs in the game. Although there is drinking. Sometimes you see men and women drinking wine, But this is not a huge deal, you don't see anyone getting drunk or anything. I think that this game has a GREAT positive message. Connor does not kill because of revenge, or hate, he is simply trying to defend his people, Also he is a symbol of standing up for your ways. All in All, I think this game is a great and enjoyable learning tool for kids 11 to 13.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySovaso February 12, 2013

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death

Assassin's Creed III. Warning: do NOT read on if you are 12 or under. This game is about an assassin named Connor in the Revolutionary War. I don't play many M-rated games, and this one I have done many things to make it better. OK warning over. Let's get to the game. ACIII is an amazing game. It sets a new bar for action games and is extremely fun. The parkour-stealth-history-open world franchise is very cool. ACIII comes the closest to home in it's history. The Revolutionary War is what defined America. It isn't biased towards America or Britan. It's what happened. However, most of your targets are British. The game relays the message that fighting tyranny is good within parameters. Connor can be an OK role-model. However, he does kill. The volence in the game is hefty. Among your wide arsenal of weapons is a tomahawk, hidden blades, a knife attached to a rope, poison darts and much more. There is killing with all weapons. you can also hunt animals such as bear and deer. There are stylized kills and shootings. People get stabbed with Bayonettes. Redcoats get hung from high buildings. The violence is common and intense. The Rating of the game says that there are "sexual themes". However, I encountered nothing of the sort. There is little little Language in all of Connor's sequences such as d*nm and h*ll. But when you hit Desmond's sequences, expect a few F-Bombs and D**k. One character smokes a cigar. Others drink and belch. Although it's not excessive, it's there. Overall, ACIII is a great game with themes that aren't OK for kids. I would say this is OK for 16+ year olds, iffy for 13-15 and definately off for 12-. In the end ACIII is great with precautions. The blood can be turned off a the general options menu to give a less realistic feel. Overall I would give this game a 9/10! Just be a little careful around this game.
Kid, 12 years old November 12, 2012

LEARNING

Not as Bad as the Title Brings it out to Be.

Now if your thinking this site gives honest reviews from someone who has actually played its perspective, your wrong. This game allows one to be an Assassin, and while you are killing redcoats, it is not biased toward British or American. Of course, the US wins, as it happened in history. Some children will just notice the fact that it is their history, and ignore the rest, but others will find it educational. It is packed with information. For those interested, take the game slow to enjoy it fully. This site's name, Common Sense, can be ironic, because their reviews lack quite a lot of it. Next, they say there are no good role models. Oh, I forgot, fighting for freedom against tyranny is a bad thing. We must let evil rule! Right. Assassin's Creed 3, 4.5 out of 5 Ubisoft.
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2012

AMAZING GAME!

I love this game! Though there are some things that adults should know before buying it for their kids. 1 there is a lot of violence. 2 there is some bad language such as c**k and f**k. But you can get some education out of the game.
Kid, 12 years old November 7, 2012

LEARNING

NOT SO BAD AS MANY SAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im an 12 old year boy and i dont realy see the reason with this game to be 18! its just like any other games kids plays! its a little bit of blood but you can just turn that off in the options! i realy think this is a great game for 12 and up in the age! you can realy learn from it maybe even more than you would in a school lesson!! its replicas of the cities and many historical characters like George washington. and the history is authentical to the real history instead of thats connor never have lived! so if there is any children not allowed to play this game, show them this comment!!!!:)
Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2012

Fantastic Game But Bloody

It is very violent and bloody but it is something tweens can handle. You kill people, it's action packed and extremely addictive.
Kid, 12 years old October 30, 2012

Assassins Creed 3 review

Assassins creed is an awesome game that i think is okay, not for a specific age range, but for kids the their parents or guardians think that they are mature enough to see someone stab an enemy with a hidden knife. i would definitely recommend this game for people who are 12-and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreveiws_Ben November 25, 2012

Great game for mature 13 and up

This is a great game with everything about it. With the rating of Violence, Harsh Language, and Sexual themes only part of this is true. There is NO sexual content in this game AT ALL. Violence is plentiful but not a problem because it's not very gruesome and blood can be turned off. The language isn't horrible but its very brief. A few f-bombs maybe 4 are used in the whole game. Nothing a 13 year old can't handle. Then there is a frequent minor cuss word every once in a while. DO NOT GIVE THIS GAME TO YOUNGER KIDS. No matter what younger kids say this game is not for them to much violence and language. Good for a mature teenager. The story-line can be somewhat boring at times but is always great. You never get bored because there are so many little things to do like hunting and killing British Soldiers. This game is confusing at times and I advice reading up on the Assassin Creed story-line before playing to understand plot. Controls are as simple as they can be and graphics are great. All in all one of the best games out right now.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySnudDatzEpic November 20, 2012

It's educational

I think common sense doesn't understand something: I think we can all agree that games that include history in game play will get the player to remember things about history since they are relevant due to the fact that they are in the game. Basically what I'm saying is: History Lessons + Fun = LEARNING!!!!!! What they think is when you add History lessons + Fun but then you add + Violence Then you get History Lesson + Fun + Violence = THEY LEARN NOTHING! I don't know but I think I learned a lot about the Vietnam War from Call of Duty Blackops. For example, now I know that the entire war revolved around a poison gas called Nova 6 and that they needed to throw it into the sea of pigs or else Makarov will keep shooting innocent Russians in airports. See! Playing is learning, soooo. History Lesson + Violence + A WHOLE LOTTA FUN= THE FUTURE OF AMERICAN EDUCATION!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byHeyyPeopleOfTheWorld November 7, 2012

most amazing game ever

assasin's creed 3 is amazing! You interac with loads of real people and the assaniations are sick! don;t think that a kid will play this game then go say i'm gonna become an assasin with a tomahawk! becuase he won't and he will also relize that if he trys to use hand to hand comabt weapons then he will just end up shot and dead.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPART III November 2, 2012

Great but a little violent.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBrainy Guy April 14, 2013

Kids = O.K

This game has little violence and little bad language and is O.K for kids. Also you can turn off blood and turn down violence.
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2013

Awesome game

I I'm halfway through the game and I think that most people overlook how "bad" it's is. First, there is no blood if you turn it off at the option menu. Second, the launguage isn't very bad because its rare, I only heard the "f" word once or twice so far, and I've been playing for a few weeks. Also, no sexual content. Overall, it's pretty educational because I learnt a lot about George Washington and the revalutionary war, and I didn't turn into a murderer by playing it
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheTrustableMaturity January 30, 2013

LEARNING

Wonderful, very mild game.

I sort of agree with this review, but (like with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim) I believe the title could easily be rated T. I have played this game and the ONLY gun in the game is flintlock rifles and pistols. The violence should be a 3, because there is NO blood that splashes onto anything, maybe a {microscopic} splatter with the bow and arrow shot. This has barely any cursing, a little bit of blood on some characters when they are in a cutscene, and a trusty saber on your side as you stroll about the colonies in the beginning. The only killing is of British soldiers (It's the Revolution, dude!) and you just do some fun parkour onto windowsills and an epic air assassination once in a while. Overall, it is actually pretty informational about life back then (except for a guy in a beaked hoodie killing invaders) and I recommend it for kids 12 or 13 and up, depending on if you will buy them a tomahawk and they say they want to be just like Connor. Then you have a problem. Bye!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMohammed2500 December 9, 2012

A Revolutionary game

This is the best game I have ever played. Connor is so cool and brutal and muscly. Even though there is a lot of violence and sexual references and strong language S**t & F**K Its a fantastic game with a lot of history and education. Warning Gameplay is very addictive so you might Want to play 10 mins but then play 10 hrs. Game of the year 2012
Teen, 14 years old Written byepiphone170 December 3, 2012

great game

this is a fantasric game that is fairly violent. if you have seen the lord of the rings franchise, than the violence isent an issue, and you can also turn off the blood. the language is not that bad, only words you would hear in a pg-13 movie. thare is no sex whatsoever, just this one level when you see a girl walking across the screen, with her breasts facing the oppostie side, she is also wearing underwear ( it is bery undetailed) after that, a man walks out qith underwear and a shirt on, implying they had sex, not bad at all. the character is a positive role model that is trying to cleanse the US of bad guys, but he murders people. great game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFAMILYMEMBER November 14, 2012

LEARNING

FINE. BLOOD CAN BE TURNED OFF.

great game. Blood can be turned off. I don't get the not for kids rating as there is not any sexual referances and little language.