All member reviews for Assassin's Creed III

Bloody Revolutionary War adventure best for mature gamers.

Learning

Teen, 13 years old Written bySovaso February 12, 2013

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death

Assassin's Creed III. Warning: do NOT read on if you are 12 or under. This game is about an assassin named Connor in the Revolutionary War. I don't play many M-rated games, and this one I have done many things to make it better. OK warning over. Let's get to the game. ACIII is an amazing game. It sets a new bar for action games and is extremely fun. The parkour-stealth-history-open world franchise is very cool. ACIII comes the closest to home in it's history. The Revolutionary War is what defined America. It isn't biased towards America or Britan. It's what happened. However, most of your targets are British. The game relays the message that fighting tyranny is good within parameters. Connor can be an OK role-model. However, he does kill. The volence in the game is hefty. Among your wide arsenal of weapons is a tomahawk, hidden blades, a knife attached to a rope, poison darts and much more. There is killing with all weapons. you can also hunt animals such as bear and deer. There are stylized kills and shootings. People get stabbed with Bayonettes. Redcoats get hung from high buildings. The violence is common and intense. The Rating of the game says that there are "sexual themes". However, I encountered nothing of the sort. There is little little Language in all of Connor's sequences such as d*nm and h*ll. But when you hit Desmond's sequences, expect a few F-Bombs and D**k. One character smokes a cigar. Others drink and belch. Although it's not excessive, it's there. Overall, ACIII is a great game with themes that aren't OK for kids. I would say this is OK for 16+ year olds, iffy for 13-15 and definately off for 12-. In the end ACIII is great with precautions. The blood can be turned off a the general options menu to give a less realistic feel. Overall I would give this game a 9/10! Just be a little careful around this game.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTiredMom453 December 27, 2012

Assassins Creed 3 reveiw

Yes, the main character is an assassin, but he is fighting for the freedom of America, not just to kill. When my son wanted this game, my first instinct as a mother was to throw it out our apartment window, but he convinced me to give him a trial. As I wached him play, I started to realize that usually, the killing could be avoided. The game takes place during the American Revolution, so there is a lot of historical information as well.
Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2013

Assassin's creed III great game

I think that this game is okay for kids because you can learn a lot from a game like this. I am 11 years old and my parents teach me to be mature. I watch the news every night and i believe that the news has a lot of things that are much worse. This game is based on the revolutionary war and you can learn a lot from it. It is not too violent and you can turn off the blood and turn down the gore. Over all I believe it is not too bad for kids 10 an up.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byPaws122 February 7, 2013

Common Sense is Wrong

This game is not only a way to engage kids in history but it also sends a message of perseverance. The main character is a young native American who lost his home and wants revenge, but instead finds the path to help others (through violent means). There is a small amount of swearing, and one mildly disturbing scene, but overall it is a fun game. #NOTE# The Blood Can Be Turned Off
Teen, 15 years old Written byhiperson123 June 13, 2013

really good game!

this is a great game but there is a lot of language in this game... i think its good for anyone that knows that you are killing people for good... give it a try and maybe you will like it!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr WTH common sense April 9, 2013

Don't listen to common sense media, just read the reviews by adults

I think that common sense are full of rubbish when it comes to topics such as this. They exaggerate what they say and don't give the full story. For instance, they never mention in multiplayer games about the fact that you can very easily turn off voice chat in all games. Or that in every Assassin's Creed game, you can turn off blood. And in a lot of games you can just turn off dialogue so that you don't hear swear words. And I play this game with my 12 year old son and we play it both very differently. I would ghost my way through a level, using moving carts and haybales, while he would sometimes go through killing everyone. You can play this game killing hardly anyone and if some kills are too graphic, don't kill anybody that way! Duh! I also find this game very historically accurate although there were obviously some mistakes and the twist with Assassins and Templars. I really really enjoy this game and would give it 4.5 stars if I could. I just find that they'd tried to put too much into this one. 9/10
Parent Written byGamerMan1 April 6, 2014

Assassins Creed 3 For The Win

Assassins Creed 3 is a great game that takes place in the U.S.A during the Revolutionary War. You start your journey in a slow tutorial, that is not a problem as long as you have patience. When the game actually starts you play as Haythem Kenway, Connor Kenway's ancestor. Once you get to sequence 3 I believe you become child Connor, sequence 4 Teen Connor, sequence 5 The fully aged assassin. This game is really fun and I would strongly recommend it. I have an 11 year old child who has the game and he loves it!! I watched him play it and it is fine. If your child knows NOT to repeat swears you are home free but if he repeats every swear that he hears, good luck.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 June 20, 2013

The best of the trilogy!!

This game is the best of the assassins creed series, and has better character development. The game is pretty gory and violent in some ways but I think a mature 10 year old can handle it. The language is pretty infrequent but it is there sometimes, but it's something a 10 year old can handle it. A few sexual references, but it is not as bad as people are making it out to be. There is some drinking at bars nothing bad. I think a mature 10 year old can handle it. If this were rated as movies are rated it would be R: For Sequences of Strong Violence, some language, and mild sexual references.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytyltyltyl March 24, 2013

READ THIS!!!!!!!!!

Famous people are in it.I live in Boston and go to NY every year,and all the landmarks are there.You can turn the blood off.
Kid, 12 years old November 7, 2012
LEARNING

NOT SO BAD AS MANY SAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im an 12 old year boy and i dont realy see the reason with this game to be 18! its just like any other games kids plays! its a little bit of blood but you can just turn that off in the options! i realy think this is a great game for 12 and up in the age! you can realy learn from it maybe even more than you would in a school lesson!! its replicas of the cities and many historical characters like George washington. and the history is authentical to the real history instead of thats connor never have lived! so if there is any children not allowed to play this game, show them this comment!!!!:)
Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2012

Fantastic Game But Bloody

It is very violent and bloody but it is something tweens can handle. You kill people, it's action packed and extremely addictive.
Kid, 12 years old October 30, 2012

Assassins Creed 3 review

Assassins creed is an awesome game that i think is okay, not for a specific age range, but for kids the their parents or guardians think that they are mature enough to see someone stab an enemy with a hidden knife. i would definitely recommend this game for people who are 12-and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbbyKwon June 8, 2013

Assassin's Creed III: Overall Safe With Some Exceptions

As a teen, parents may not listen to what I have to say about this game. I have played the whole game, so this review may be more accurate than parents who watched their kids play; ever so once in a while. This game does have some positive messages. The game is based on the Revolutionary War, a battle for independence, which teaches the child to stand up for what you believe in. Connor is a great role model. He doesn't kill for no reason, he respects the animals and says a respect message after he hunts wild animals and he doesn't cuss or is involved into sexual themes. The game is rather easy for me, being a 14 year old female, although some missions can be rather difficult. A warning to parents, this game is violent, but let's face it, most video games are violent. You can easily turn off the blood graphics in settings. For Sexual Content, there is one tiny scene where Haytham (Connor's father) and Ziio (Connor's mother) share a romantic kiss in a cave, then the scene ends, where the creators of the game made that scene to tell the player that they are having sex, but it does not actually show it, just a sweet, affectionate kiss. Another scene, is where a character (Thomas Hickey), was kissing a girl's neck, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. For Language, I would be cautious about it, with occasional "f--ck" "s--t" and frequent "god-d--m". If your child can handle it and be mature about it, then don't worry. Assassin's Creed has absolute no consumerism, except for DLC (downloadable content) which is associated with the PS3/Xbox store. Drinking, drugs and smoking is taken mildly, where scenes of characters smoking a cigar or drinking whiskey is present, but it's there to create scenery in the 18th century. Finally, for privacy and safety, there is nothing you should worry about.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTomtom51 May 9, 2013

Very fun

This game is not very violent especially considering that you can turn off the blood.However there is some f bombs but nothing a mature 12 year old cant handle
Parent Written byBlueDragon7100 April 19, 2013

Its a Good Game

It is a very good game, that has a lot of history teaching behind it. You do play as an assassin but his goals are not killing innocent people, more of killing important people in the British Army during the American Revolution. There is little swearing, as it takes place in a time when people had more decency than to talk with profanity. There is alcohol and smoking, but its visible in numerous taverns and inns in the game's world. The violence is visible in the many battle scenes in the game. I say anyone under 12 shouldn't play.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDJ ASSASSIN April 18, 2013

Amazing experience

First off there is no sex! i completed the entire game and did not once see anything involving it. It is however quite a violent game you use a large arsenal of weaponry to kill enemy's and a lot of blood can be seen but it can be turned off. All in all it is a amazing experience that teaches people to love history a mature 13 old can handle it easily
Teen, 13 years old Written byreveiws_Ben November 25, 2012

Great game for mature 13 and up

This is a great game with everything about it. With the rating of Violence, Harsh Language, and Sexual themes only part of this is true. There is NO sexual content in this game AT ALL. Violence is plentiful but not a problem because it's not very gruesome and blood can be turned off. The language isn't horrible but its very brief. A few f-bombs maybe 4 are used in the whole game. Nothing a 13 year old can't handle. Then there is a frequent minor cuss word every once in a while. DO NOT GIVE THIS GAME TO YOUNGER KIDS. No matter what younger kids say this game is not for them to much violence and language. Good for a mature teenager. The story-line can be somewhat boring at times but is always great. You never get bored because there are so many little things to do like hunting and killing British Soldiers. This game is confusing at times and I advice reading up on the Assassin Creed story-line before playing to understand plot. Controls are as simple as they can be and graphics are great. All in all one of the best games out right now.
Kid, 10 years old July 16, 2013

Assassins Creed 3

This is a great game. A lot of people think that this game is all about killing people, but it's not. There is a lot history such as battles and places that are real and they look almost identical to the real ones.For example, Independence Hall looks the same in real life as in the game. Also, you are able to turn blood off in settings and that really makes the game open to more people. I am a mature ten year old and that is the only reason that I am allowed to play. This game has a lot of great free roam abilities, which allows you to do what you want to do with the game without being forced to do almost anything. It also has naval combat which is awesome and is a huge step up from the last game(s) It has practically no swear words and the only time it does is in the cinematix that you can skip. This is a great game for kids of the age of twelve and for mature 11 year old children.
Adult Written byLord Pigeon November 16, 2014
LEARNING

A surprisingly tame M-rated title...

In fact, the entire Assassin's Creed series is generally tame in terms of content and imagery. Yes, as Connor is a member of the Assassin brotherhood, players will engage in plenty of intense combat against adversaries which involves some occasionally gruesome kill animations. However, the level of gore stays within reasonable limits and the main character does not kill simply for the sake of killing. In fact, players are penalized if civilians become a target for bloodlust. No sexual content, other than some mild innuendo and implied intercourse between Connor's parents. (But hey, does it really take a rocket scientist to figure that one out?) Furthermore, despite the intended historical inaccuracies, the in-game Animus database details factual events and figures during the American Revolution, and players are able to take part in some of these events -- such as the battles of Lexington and Concord. Aside from the main campaign, there are plenty of side missions and items to keep the player invested.
Parent Written byskiinglover45 December 11, 2013

ok for mature 13-and-up children.

It is a great game, and although there is lots of violence and blood, I think that if your child is mature enough to handle it an dis about 13 and up, it's fine. as for sexual content, they say the word "sex" and "whore" once. As another review stated, there are "occasional sexual refrences". That's nothing compared to what most kids see daily in movies and prime-time television. again, if you have a 12-14 year old who is mature and can handle violence, then go for it.