All member reviews for Assassin's Creed III

Bloody Revolutionary War adventure best for mature gamers.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Parent Written byGamerMan1 April 6, 2014

Assassins Creed 3 For The Win

Assassins Creed 3 is a great game that takes place in the U.S.A during the Revolutionary War. You start your journey in a slow tutorial, that is not a problem as long as you have patience. When the game actually starts you play as Haythem Kenway, Connor Kenway's ancestor. Once you get to sequence 3 I believe you become child Connor, sequence 4 Teen Connor, sequence 5 The fully aged assassin. This game is really fun and I would strongly recommend it. I have an 11 year old child who has the game and he loves it!! I watched him play it and it is fine. If your child knows NOT to repeat swears you are home free but if he repeats every swear that he hears, good luck.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPahrokkal July 23, 2013

Assassins Creed III (READ FOR HONEST REVIEW.)

Well, Let me start off with this. I have been buying and reviewing these kinds of games for years, and I have quite a bit to say about Assassins Creed III. First off let me say that I own the game and know all of its experiences. Say you came here because your 11 yr old or 12 yr old son is getting on their knees and begging you to let them have the game. If so, don't listen to all those other reviews. Most of them are dishonest, and exaggerate often. This one is Honest, Clear, and to the point. Assassins Creed III is a very good game with a gripping story. A young Native American boy, (Four to be exact) named ratohnhaké:ton, has his village invaded and set on fire by redcoats. His mother sadly dies in the fire. Yet this does not compel him to get revenge on the men responsible, he forgives and forgets. Nine years later, the village is rebuilt, and his village is at peace. Later, ratohnhaké:ton has a dream, it tells him to seek a symbol, The "Assassins Brotherhood" symbol. He is also told to go East and he will find a manor with an African American who will train him. Naturally, he goes there and the man trains him. (The mans name is Achilles) After complete training, he introduced to the brotherhood and is now an assassin. After that the same redcoats who attacked his village, force them to leave the village, and that's when they went to war. ratohnhaké:ton later changes his name to Connor. Through out gameplay Connor meets historical figures, such as George Washington, John Pitcairn, Charles Lee, and many more. So this game has quite a bit of learning about the Revolutionary War, The Boston Massacre, and the Boston Tea party. Violence: This game is very violent, but not over the top. You have a tomahawk that you use to hit and slam enemies to the ground with. You also have a bow that you can use to kill targets at long range with. The two last weapons are a flintlock pistol and a hidden blade. the hidden blade really is self explanatory. It is a blade that is hidden on your wrist for stealthy kills. There is a good amount of blood in the game, but this can easily be turned off in the options menu, making it a less gory experience. There is language, but not to much of it, mostly because there isn't a lot of dialogue in the game. Drinking drugs and smoking: There is no Smoking, nor drugs in the game. Although there is drinking. Sometimes you see men and women drinking wine, But this is not a huge deal, you don't see anyone getting drunk or anything. I think that this game has a GREAT positive message. Connor does not kill because of revenge, or hate, he is simply trying to defend his people, Also he is a symbol of standing up for your ways. All in All, I think this game is a great and enjoyable learning tool for kids 11 to 13.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhiperson123 June 13, 2013

really good game!

this is a great game but there is a lot of language in this game... i think its good for anyone that knows that you are killing people for good... give it a try and maybe you will like it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTomtom51 May 9, 2013

Very fun

This game is not very violent especially considering that you can turn off the blood.However there is some f bombs but nothing a mature 12 year old cant handle
Parent Written byBlueDragon7100 April 19, 2013

Its a Good Game

It is a very good game, that has a lot of history teaching behind it. You do play as an assassin but his goals are not killing innocent people, more of killing important people in the British Army during the American Revolution. There is little swearing, as it takes place in a time when people had more decency than to talk with profanity. There is alcohol and smoking, but its visible in numerous taverns and inns in the game's world. The violence is visible in the many battle scenes in the game. I say anyone under 12 shouldn't play.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byPaws122 February 7, 2013

Common Sense is Wrong

This game is not only a way to engage kids in history but it also sends a message of perseverance. The main character is a young native American who lost his home and wants revenge, but instead finds the path to help others (through violent means). There is a small amount of swearing, and one mildly disturbing scene, but overall it is a fun game. #NOTE# The Blood Can Be Turned Off
Teen, 13 years old Written byreveiws_Ben November 25, 2012

Great game for mature 13 and up

This is a great game with everything about it. With the rating of Violence, Harsh Language, and Sexual themes only part of this is true. There is NO sexual content in this game AT ALL. Violence is plentiful but not a problem because it's not very gruesome and blood can be turned off. The language isn't horrible but its very brief. A few f-bombs maybe 4 are used in the whole game. Nothing a 13 year old can't handle. Then there is a frequent minor cuss word every once in a while. DO NOT GIVE THIS GAME TO YOUNGER KIDS. No matter what younger kids say this game is not for them to much violence and language. Good for a mature teenager. The story-line can be somewhat boring at times but is always great. You never get bored because there are so many little things to do like hunting and killing British Soldiers. This game is confusing at times and I advice reading up on the Assassin Creed story-line before playing to understand plot. Controls are as simple as they can be and graphics are great. All in all one of the best games out right now.
Kid, 12 years old November 12, 2012

LEARNING

Not as Bad as the Title Brings it out to Be.

Now if your thinking this site gives honest reviews from someone who has actually played its perspective, your wrong. This game allows one to be an Assassin, and while you are killing redcoats, it is not biased toward British or American. Of course, the US wins, as it happened in history. Some children will just notice the fact that it is their history, and ignore the rest, but others will find it educational. It is packed with information. For those interested, take the game slow to enjoy it fully. This site's name, Common Sense, can be ironic, because their reviews lack quite a lot of it. Next, they say there are no good role models. Oh, I forgot, fighting for freedom against tyranny is a bad thing. We must let evil rule! Right. Assassin's Creed 3, 4.5 out of 5 Ubisoft.
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2012

AMAZING GAME!

I love this game! Though there are some things that adults should know before buying it for their kids. 1 there is a lot of violence. 2 there is some bad language such as c**k and f**k. But you can get some education out of the game.
Kid, 12 years old November 7, 2012

LEARNING

NOT SO BAD AS MANY SAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im an 12 old year boy and i dont realy see the reason with this game to be 18! its just like any other games kids plays! its a little bit of blood but you can just turn that off in the options! i realy think this is a great game for 12 and up in the age! you can realy learn from it maybe even more than you would in a school lesson!! its replicas of the cities and many historical characters like George washington. and the history is authentical to the real history instead of thats connor never have lived! so if there is any children not allowed to play this game, show them this comment!!!!:)
Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2012

Fantastic Game But Bloody

It is very violent and bloody but it is something tweens can handle. You kill people, it's action packed and extremely addictive.
Kid, 12 years old October 30, 2012

Assassins Creed 3 review

Assassins creed is an awesome game that i think is okay, not for a specific age range, but for kids the their parents or guardians think that they are mature enough to see someone stab an enemy with a hidden knife. i would definitely recommend this game for people who are 12-and up.
Parent Written bya_teachers_view September 30, 2013

I'm a Teacher!

THIS GAME IS GREAT!!! No problem WHAT-SO-EVER!!!! Except for maybe violence, but you can toggle blood off. As a teacher, I love the educational value, in how our patriots get their rights from Britain. The only swears are hell, d_mn, and b_stard. People are also there is a ton of sex, which, frankly, IS BS!!! No sex at all, except the protaginist kissing a girl. BADABOOM! A great game, one of my favs, PERFECT! no reason to not let kids play it. Even postive role models like george washington! Postive messages too!
Kid, 10 years old July 16, 2013

Assassins Creed 3

This is a great game. A lot of people think that this game is all about killing people, but it's not. There is a lot history such as battles and places that are real and they look almost identical to the real ones.For example, Independence Hall looks the same in real life as in the game. Also, you are able to turn blood off in settings and that really makes the game open to more people. I am a mature ten year old and that is the only reason that I am allowed to play. This game has a lot of great free roam abilities, which allows you to do what you want to do with the game without being forced to do almost anything. It also has naval combat which is awesome and is a huge step up from the last game(s) It has practically no swear words and the only time it does is in the cinematix that you can skip. This is a great game for kids of the age of twelve and for mature 11 year old children.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 June 20, 2013

The best of the trilogy!!

This game is the best of the assassins creed series, and has better character development. The game is pretty gory and violent in some ways but I think a mature 10 year old can handle it. The language is pretty infrequent but it is there sometimes, but it's something a 10 year old can handle it. A few sexual references, but it is not as bad as people are making it out to be. There is some drinking at bars nothing bad. I think a mature 10 year old can handle it. If this were rated as movies are rated it would be R: For Sequences of Strong Violence, some language, and mild sexual references.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbbyKwon June 8, 2013

Assassin's Creed III: Overall Safe With Some Exceptions

As a teen, parents may not listen to what I have to say about this game. I have played the whole game, so this review may be more accurate than parents who watched their kids play; ever so once in a while. This game does have some positive messages. The game is based on the Revolutionary War, a battle for independence, which teaches the child to stand up for what you believe in. Connor is a great role model. He doesn't kill for no reason, he respects the animals and says a respect message after he hunts wild animals and he doesn't cuss or is involved into sexual themes. The game is rather easy for me, being a 14 year old female, although some missions can be rather difficult. A warning to parents, this game is violent, but let's face it, most video games are violent. You can easily turn off the blood graphics in settings. For Sexual Content, there is one tiny scene where Haytham (Connor's father) and Ziio (Connor's mother) share a romantic kiss in a cave, then the scene ends, where the creators of the game made that scene to tell the player that they are having sex, but it does not actually show it, just a sweet, affectionate kiss. Another scene, is where a character (Thomas Hickey), was kissing a girl's neck, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. For Language, I would be cautious about it, with occasional "f--ck" "s--t" and frequent "god-d--m". If your child can handle it and be mature about it, then don't worry. Assassin's Creed has absolute no consumerism, except for DLC (downloadable content) which is associated with the PS3/Xbox store. Drinking, drugs and smoking is taken mildly, where scenes of characters smoking a cigar or drinking whiskey is present, but it's there to create scenery in the 18th century. Finally, for privacy and safety, there is nothing you should worry about.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBrainy Guy April 14, 2013

Kids = O.K

This game has little violence and little bad language and is O.K for kids. Also you can turn off blood and turn down violence.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr WTH common sense April 9, 2013

Don't listen to common sense media, just read the reviews by adults

I think that common sense are full of rubbish when it comes to topics such as this. They exaggerate what they say and don't give the full story. For instance, they never mention in multiplayer games about the fact that you can very easily turn off voice chat in all games. Or that in every Assassin's Creed game, you can turn off blood. And in a lot of games you can just turn off dialogue so that you don't hear swear words. And I play this game with my 12 year old son and we play it both very differently. I would ghost my way through a level, using moving carts and haybales, while he would sometimes go through killing everyone. You can play this game killing hardly anyone and if some kills are too graphic, don't kill anybody that way! Duh! I also find this game very historically accurate although there were obviously some mistakes and the twist with Assassins and Templars. I really really enjoy this game and would give it 4.5 stars if I could. I just find that they'd tried to put too much into this one. 9/10
Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2013

Assassin's creed III great game

I think that this game is okay for kids because you can learn a lot from a game like this. I am 11 years old and my parents teach me to be mature. I watch the news every night and i believe that the news has a lot of things that are much worse. This game is based on the revolutionary war and you can learn a lot from it. It is not too violent and you can turn off the blood and turn down the gore. Over all I believe it is not too bad for kids 10 an up.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytyltyltyl March 24, 2013

READ THIS!!!!!!!!!

Famous people are in it.I live in Boston and go to NY every year,and all the landmarks are there.You can turn the blood off.