All member reviews for Assassin's Creed III

Bloody Revolutionary War adventure best for mature gamers.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Parent of a 13 year old Written byTiredMom453 December 27, 2012

Assassins Creed 3 reveiw

Yes, the main character is an assassin, but he is fighting for the freedom of America, not just to kill. When my son wanted this game, my first instinct as a mother was to throw it out our apartment window, but he convinced me to give him a trial. As I wached him play, I started to realize that usually, the killing could be avoided. The game takes place during the American Revolution, so there is a lot of historical information as well.
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2012

Assassin's Creed III

It is a man fighting to free the colonies of the Redcoats but most of all to avenge his people and rid the world of the templars. So he is trying to fight to rid the world of evil.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byPaws122 February 7, 2013

Common Sense is Wrong

This game is not only a way to engage kids in history but it also sends a message of perseverance. The main character is a young native American who lost his home and wants revenge, but instead finds the path to help others (through violent means). There is a small amount of swearing, and one mildly disturbing scene, but overall it is a fun game. #NOTE# The Blood Can Be Turned Off
Teen, 13 years old Written byObamaToTheRescue November 7, 2012

Maturity rules.

I say that this game is fairly appropriate for kids probably 13 and up, depending on how mature your child is. As a kid myself, I find myself a very mature 13 year old, and find this game quite violent, and has not so often language, but none of this is nothing that they won't be exposed to in their up-coming pre-adolescent years. This game is overall quite violent and has some language, but depending on the maturity of your child is the whole thing. And don't give this game to 10-11 year olds, no matter what they say. Trust me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreveiws_Ben November 25, 2012

Great game for mature 13 and up

This is a great game with everything about it. With the rating of Violence, Harsh Language, and Sexual themes only part of this is true. There is NO sexual content in this game AT ALL. Violence is plentiful but not a problem because it's not very gruesome and blood can be turned off. The language isn't horrible but its very brief. A few f-bombs maybe 4 are used in the whole game. Nothing a 13 year old can't handle. Then there is a frequent minor cuss word every once in a while. DO NOT GIVE THIS GAME TO YOUNGER KIDS. No matter what younger kids say this game is not for them to much violence and language. Good for a mature teenager. The story-line can be somewhat boring at times but is always great. You never get bored because there are so many little things to do like hunting and killing British Soldiers. This game is confusing at times and I advice reading up on the Assassin Creed story-line before playing to understand plot. Controls are as simple as they can be and graphics are great. All in all one of the best games out right now.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySnudDatzEpic November 20, 2012

It's educational

I think common sense doesn't understand something: I think we can all agree that games that include history in game play will get the player to remember things about history since they are relevant due to the fact that they are in the game. Basically what I'm saying is: History Lessons + Fun = LEARNING!!!!!! What they think is when you add History lessons + Fun but then you add + Violence Then you get History Lesson + Fun + Violence = THEY LEARN NOTHING! I don't know but I think I learned a lot about the Vietnam War from Call of Duty Blackops. For example, now I know that the entire war revolved around a poison gas called Nova 6 and that they needed to throw it into the sea of pigs or else Makarov will keep shooting innocent Russians in airports. See! Playing is learning, soooo. History Lesson + Violence + A WHOLE LOTTA FUN= THE FUTURE OF AMERICAN EDUCATION!!!
Parent Written byTheDad99 January 28, 2013

Assassin's Creed 3

I bought this game for my 10 year old son and he loves it. There is absolutely no sex at all and the blood can be turned off With the screen muted it can be a 7+ game in Europe And 10+ game in other countries. Connor Kenaway main character Is a good guy because he helps a losing team to defeat the British I strongly recommend this game for mature Tweens
Parent Written bynobodyslistening December 19, 2012

Give it a try.

well this game is better than brotherhood with less sex and you don't assassinate any iconic figures [ the pope ]. turn off blood and mute the volume and the sexual themes are naked body paintings that survived the medivel times. ten theres only violence left I would watch some letsplays before buying it.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr WTH common sense April 9, 2013

Don't listen to common sense media, just read the reviews by adults

I think that common sense are full of rubbish when it comes to topics such as this. They exaggerate what they say and don't give the full story. For instance, they never mention in multiplayer games about the fact that you can very easily turn off voice chat in all games. Or that in every Assassin's Creed game, you can turn off blood. And in a lot of games you can just turn off dialogue so that you don't hear swear words. And I play this game with my 12 year old son and we play it both very differently. I would ghost my way through a level, using moving carts and haybales, while he would sometimes go through killing everyone. You can play this game killing hardly anyone and if some kills are too graphic, don't kill anybody that way! Duh! I also find this game very historically accurate although there were obviously some mistakes and the twist with Assassins and Templars. I really really enjoy this game and would give it 4.5 stars if I could. I just find that they'd tried to put too much into this one. 9/10
Kid, 10 years old November 8, 2012

assassins creed 3

looks like a good game
Teen, 13 years old Written byFAMILYMEMBER November 14, 2012

LEARNING

FINE. BLOOD CAN BE TURNED OFF.

great game. Blood can be turned off. I don't get the not for kids rating as there is not any sexual referances and little language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybongokhrusha November 23, 2012

LEARNING

Good game but strong content

It is a great game but only buy it if you think it is right for your kids to see blood and violence and cursing.
Parent Written byBattleVet75 July 3, 2013

The best and biggest in series

This game is the best in the series so far. The single player portion gives players weeks of gameplay, be it the complex, outstanding, extremely long story or playing the wealth of side missions. The violence here is also the most intense and includes a blood system that actually allows the blood to stain the environment( a first for the series). However, the most graphic scenes happen in the cutscenes. For instance, a soldiers leg is severed from a cannon ball, there are two point blank shootings in the head, a captives throat is slit, and two characters throats are stabbed. There are a few sexual references and a scene in which players briefly see a naked woman running out of a characters house. The language is undoubtedly the most explicit of the series. It is an overall excelent game and is ok for 16 and up. Check out my other reviews for the rest of the Assassins Creed games. Hope this helped.
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2013

Awesome game

I I'm halfway through the game and I think that most people overlook how "bad" it's is. First, there is no blood if you turn it off at the option menu. Second, the launguage isn't very bad because its rare, I only heard the "f" word once or twice so far, and I've been playing for a few weeks. Also, no sexual content. Overall, it's pretty educational because I learnt a lot about George Washington and the revalutionary war, and I didn't turn into a murderer by playing it
Parent of a 11 year old Written bygoodveiw March 8, 2013

honest review

its a great game. really educational. A little bit bloody but nothing to violent. There is basicly NO laungauge.nothing a 10 year old cant handle. overall not bad and really great.
Parent Written byPaulsifer February 14, 2013

I Think CSM's Reviewer Focused a Little too much on the Blood

For the right age, Assassin's Creed III can help with learning about and creating interested in history and moral decisions. If you play the game, and follow the story closely, you'll notice that the Assassin's, as a group, are not blood thirsty killers, but people who try to preserve the freedom of others. Does Conner kill people in this game to achieve this end? Yes. But so did our founding fathers. I also find it interesting how much people focus on the violence, when along with it, you have the option to help others by taking them to the doctor when they've contracted small pox. You also have the option to burn the blankets, pay mortgages so people don't lose their houses, collect pieces of the Pennsylvania Gazette, sell and buy items to vendors, defend citizens from abusive soldiers, and so much more that could help teenagers look at real problems, and show how good it is to stop people like that. Is it bloody? Yes. Is there a little swearing? Yes (I don't remember a single F-word though). But is Conner really not a possible role-model just because he kills people for a greater good? Just like my friends and family in our military, I'd say no.
Teen, 13 years old Written byProjectmitchell December 2, 2012

Assassin's Creed III

Not a lot of blood but a lot of cursing so be sure your child is mature enough for this game. In my opinion, its the best in the series, but not quite as educational. The main character is very helpful, thoughtful, etc.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byJohn Locke April 6, 2013

Assassin's Creed review

I personally think that it depends on your child. Most parents (if they knew all about the game) would let their 11 year old play this game. It would only be otherwise if your the type of parent that is really overprotective. With all due respect for those people, I think that kids wont do bad stuff just because they see it. Plus the main character is not a bad role model, just because he has to kill people doesn't mean he is bad. Are all the veterans in the world bad? No! Video games don't "rot the brain" in fact this game is about the revolutionary war it could teach your child about America's rich history. So what if this game is a little violent, you can turn blood off. So what if it swears a little bit, any 8 year old can handle that. I have played the game thoroughly and there may be a reference to sex, but that is it. The people who made the rating had to put that in there because they would be lying even if it is just one reference. Personally I would let my 9 year old play it, but I know other parents are different so I would say 11 or up.
Parent Written byBlueDragon7100 April 19, 2013

Its a Good Game

It is a very good game, that has a lot of history teaching behind it. You do play as an assassin but his goals are not killing innocent people, more of killing important people in the British Army during the American Revolution. There is little swearing, as it takes place in a time when people had more decency than to talk with profanity. There is alcohol and smoking, but its visible in numerous taverns and inns in the game's world. The violence is visible in the many battle scenes in the game. I say anyone under 12 shouldn't play.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCHoiBoy0527@gmail.co August 17, 2013

Rating is too harsh...

The game is historically accurate. Ubisoft has made a large number of games that exceeds in historical accuracy, and this game exceeds them all. The only 'sexual' part is near the beginning where two people are kissing. It is not too sensual or overdone. No full sex or nudity is shown. The blood can be easily turned off; even with the blood on, there are barely any except while hunting and special missions. The game also has 'positive role models'. The main character is an indian not only fighting for his country, but also for his indian people and for nature. The game can be handled by majority of teens.