All member reviews for Assassin's Creed III

Bloody Revolutionary War adventure best for mature gamers.

Parent Written bya_teachers_view September 30, 2013

I'm a Teacher!

THIS GAME IS GREAT!!! No problem WHAT-SO-EVER!!!! Except for maybe violence, but you can toggle blood off. As a teacher, I love the educational value, in how our patriots get their rights from Britain. The only swears are hell, d_mn, and b_stard. People are also there is a ton of sex, which, frankly, IS BS!!! No sex at all, except the protaginist kissing a girl. BADABOOM! A great game, one of my favs, PERFECT! no reason to not let kids play it. Even postive role models like george washington! Postive messages too!
Teen, 16 years old Written byBrainy Guy April 14, 2013

Kids = O.K

This game has little violence and little bad language and is O.K for kids. Also you can turn off blood and turn down violence.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDarkToonLink March 17, 2013

AC:III - Things to note

Some rather graphic violence, however mainly justified in context and hero only kills if he has to - civilian kills result in a game over. Occasional non-gratuious swearing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMop man 232 March 1, 2013

A good game with some violence.

You kill, stab, and choke. But, its very little blood, and theirs an option to turn it off. A few cuss words. The game is educational and informs you about the tea party, boston massacre, manifest destiny, and much more. And, in a extremely fun way. P.S. KNow your kid
Teen, 17 years old Written bySnudDatzEpic November 20, 2012

It's educational

I think common sense doesn't understand something: I think we can all agree that games that include history in game play will get the player to remember things about history since they are relevant due to the fact that they are in the game. Basically what I'm saying is: History Lessons + Fun = LEARNING!!!!!! What they think is when you add History lessons + Fun but then you add + Violence Then you get History Lesson + Fun + Violence = THEY LEARN NOTHING! I don't know but I think I learned a lot about the Vietnam War from Call of Duty Blackops. For example, now I know that the entire war revolved around a poison gas called Nova 6 and that they needed to throw it into the sea of pigs or else Makarov will keep shooting innocent Russians in airports. See! Playing is learning, soooo. History Lesson + Violence + A WHOLE LOTTA FUN= THE FUTURE OF AMERICAN EDUCATION!!!
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2012

AMAZING GAME!

I love this game! Though there are some things that adults should know before buying it for their kids. 1 there is a lot of violence. 2 there is some bad language such as c**k and f**k. But you can get some education out of the game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHeyyPeopleOfTheWorld November 7, 2012

most amazing game ever

assasin's creed 3 is amazing! You interac with loads of real people and the assaniations are sick! don;t think that a kid will play this game then go say i'm gonna become an assasin with a tomahawk! becuase he won't and he will also relize that if he trys to use hand to hand comabt weapons then he will just end up shot and dead.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPART III November 2, 2012

Great but a little violent.

Parent Written bylistentome87 July 29, 2015

Get your child this game

I bought this game for my children on their ps3 and it is not bad at all in free roam this game is rated M for Blood, Intense Violence, Strong Language, Sexual Themes 1.your child will learn a hell lot about the American revolution and they will meet important historical figures like George Washington and Paul revere and more. 2. you can turn off blood 3. sexual themes is only in the story so if your child plays free roam he can avoid that 4.violence is not bad if you turn off blood 5.when people are talking turn off subtitles and/or turn off volume so your kid cant hear language put it back on when they are done talking I hope I helped you decide PS. this is a really fun game in free roam so when your children are not playing you should play free roam and also if you have a daughter who likes games let her play too.
Adult Written bypickoleslove March 29, 2015

ok for tweens

this has blood and sexual content u can turn blood off sex can not be turned off in this game they have some sex a guy is drunk then a girl walks up the stairs an he kisses the girl in the cleavage on screen and language can be turned off if u don't want to u will hear f**k s**t damn hell an basterd an bitch whore an assh*le and drinking is 25 star it cant even go up that much.
Parent Written byPakistanPEGI December 1, 2014

16 and up

PEGI rated it 18 CSM rated it "Not For Kids" and esrb rated it M but in Pakistan PEGI review it is 16. Real Violence Bad Language(sh-t,f--k) Sexual Themes
Parent of a 10, 12, and 17 year old Written bythewhiteraven September 1, 2014

NOT AS BAD AS IT SEEMS!

this game is great! I will admit that I'm a overprotective parent but my 17 old wanted it & he talked my 12 year old into it. at first I said no way because its MA. Then I gave it a trial and it was great! it teaches your child about American history and is not that bad. There is NO sex whatsoever, hardly any swearing & all of it it something a 8 year old could handle. There is NO GORE! there is a bit of blood but that can be turned off. Quite frankly I've seen worse in things like Halo & remember me.overall a great game. I say get for your kid!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byuberhaxorchild August 7, 2013

CENSOR BLOOD

If blood is censored and the volume is turned down, this is not a bad game. A bit violent, but I'd let my 7 year old play it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMichael F. August 5, 2013

AC3 content review

BLOOD- large blood splatters when fighting, which sometimes splatters on the ground. not overly excessive or gory, though. INTENSE VIOLENCE- as above. SEXUAL THEMES- some innuendo, but nothing too harsh. STRONG LANGUAGE- F*CK, S*IT, A*S, all there. but again, not excessive. nothing in here that isn't heard in a middle school.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMonkishBrute015 August 4, 2013

Assassins Creed is ok for kids 11 and up

Ok this was the the first M game I was ever aloud to get. I wasn't aloud to get halo 4 or call of duty. This game is very fun and isn't really that bad. There is blood and a lot of cussing and there is one part where they threaten to cut off someones co** which my dad wasn't happy about but It teaches you about the revolutionary war and actually has historic moments in the game like the Boston massacre and of course the war. So go ahead and buy this game for your child just turn down the sound a little cause it swears.
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2013

History class

This game takes place during the revolutionary war. I learned a lot from this game. There is language and some inappropriate talk. Violence is an issue but you are allowed to turn off blood in settings. Overall this is is a great game that can teach your kids a lot.
Kid, 10 years old April 7, 2013

Assassin's Creed 3!

I love playing this game and I'm 11, so I'm breaking my own rules. I play it because my parents trust I'm mature enough. The violence problem is that, if you're an Assassin, you have to kill a lot of people. There are so many different weapons you can use and things like that. There is blood, but you can turn it off in the settings. In one part of the game, two people go inside a cave and kissed. The woman eventually got a son who was the main character. In the game, there is some swearing like f***. But that word isn't said that much. In the game, there are different taverns you can go to and sometimes you can see drunk people and many people are drinking wine or beer. Other than that, I think the game is really good and isn't that hard. There aren't any other big problems to me. This is only for the single player game. I haven't played multiplayer before, so I don't know what happens in it. But you should really give it a go!
Teen, 16 years old Written bycriscoff March 26, 2013

Parents need to understand

Ok parent really hope this help this game is a little brutal but if you look at most of the games your kid plays this probably nothing but the game is not bloody it has good morale great story and there is hardly any cussing and no sexual themes the game is a great way to live through history even if some of the story is fake you still get to see what it was like back then
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2013

Awesome game

I I'm halfway through the game and I think that most people overlook how "bad" it's is. First, there is no blood if you turn it off at the option menu. Second, the launguage isn't very bad because its rare, I only heard the "f" word once or twice so far, and I've been playing for a few weeks. Also, no sexual content. Overall, it's pretty educational because I learnt a lot about George Washington and the revalutionary war, and I didn't turn into a murderer by playing it
Teen, 13 years old Written byAppleFan March 5, 2013

Great Game! With a little violence...

Assassins Creed III is a great addition to the Assassins Creed Series, that I believe that anybody over 12 can handle. The blood can be intense at times, but in the settings you can turn it off. The language can be rough, for example the f-word was used about twice, but you can easily skip over those scenes. But the game has great gameplay, easy to use controls, and great graphics. I highly recommend this video game to anybody over 11 or 12, but if you still are not sure, rent it from a provider like GameFly and test it out yourself.