All member reviews for Assassin's Creed III

Bloody Revolutionary War adventure best for mature gamers.

Learning

Parent Written bya_teachers_view September 30, 2013

I'm a Teacher!

THIS GAME IS GREAT!!! No problem WHAT-SO-EVER!!!! Except for maybe violence, but you can toggle blood off. As a teacher, I love the educational value, in how our patriots get their rights from Britain. The only swears are hell, d_mn, and b_stard. People are also there is a ton of sex, which, frankly, IS BS!!! No sex at all, except the protaginist kissing a girl. BADABOOM! A great game, one of my favs, PERFECT! no reason to not let kids play it. Even postive role models like george washington! Postive messages too!
Teen, 16 years old Written byBrainy Guy April 14, 2013

Kids = O.K

This game has little violence and little bad language and is O.K for kids. Also you can turn off blood and turn down violence.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDarkToonLink March 17, 2013

AC:III - Things to note

Some rather graphic violence, however mainly justified in context and hero only kills if he has to - civilian kills result in a game over. Occasional non-gratuious swearing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMop man 232 March 1, 2013
LEARNING

A good game with some violence.

You kill, stab, and choke. But, its very little blood, and theirs an option to turn it off. A few cuss words. The game is educational and informs you about the tea party, boston massacre, manifest destiny, and much more. And, in a extremely fun way. P.S. KNow your kid
Teen, 17 years old Written bySnudDatzEpic November 20, 2012

It's educational

I think common sense doesn't understand something: I think we can all agree that games that include history in game play will get the player to remember things about history since they are relevant due to the fact that they are in the game. Basically what I'm saying is: History Lessons + Fun = LEARNING!!!!!! What they think is when you add History lessons + Fun but then you add + Violence Then you get History Lesson + Fun + Violence = THEY LEARN NOTHING! I don't know but I think I learned a lot about the Vietnam War from Call of Duty Blackops. For example, now I know that the entire war revolved around a poison gas called Nova 6 and that they needed to throw it into the sea of pigs or else Makarov will keep shooting innocent Russians in airports. See! Playing is learning, soooo. History Lesson + Violence + A WHOLE LOTTA FUN= THE FUTURE OF AMERICAN EDUCATION!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byHeyyPeopleOfTheWorld November 7, 2012

most amazing game ever

assasin's creed 3 is amazing! You interac with loads of real people and the assaniations are sick! don;t think that a kid will play this game then go say i'm gonna become an assasin with a tomahawk! becuase he won't and he will also relize that if he trys to use hand to hand comabt weapons then he will just end up shot and dead.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPART III November 2, 2012

Great but a little violent.

Parent Written byPakistanPEGI December 1, 2014

16 and up

PEGI rated it 18 CSM rated it "Not For Kids" and esrb rated it M but in Pakistan PEGI review it is 16. Real Violence Bad Language(sh-t,f--k) Sexual Themes
Parent Written byskiinglover45 December 11, 2013

ok for mature 13-and-up children.

It is a great game, and although there is lots of violence and blood, I think that if your child is mature enough to handle it an dis about 13 and up, it's fine. as for sexual content, they say the word "sex" and "whore" once. As another review stated, there are "occasional sexual refrences". That's nothing compared to what most kids see daily in movies and prime-time television. again, if you have a 12-14 year old who is mature and can handle violence, then go for it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMichael F. August 5, 2013

AC3 content review

BLOOD- large blood splatters when fighting, which sometimes splatters on the ground. not overly excessive or gory, though. INTENSE VIOLENCE- as above. SEXUAL THEMES- some innuendo, but nothing too harsh. STRONG LANGUAGE- F*CK, S*IT, A*S, all there. but again, not excessive. nothing in here that isn't heard in a middle school.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMonkishBrute015 August 4, 2013

Assassins Creed is ok for kids 11 and up

Ok this was the the first M game I was ever aloud to get. I wasn't aloud to get halo 4 or call of duty. This game is very fun and isn't really that bad. There is blood and a lot of cussing and there is one part where they threaten to cut off someones co** which my dad wasn't happy about but It teaches you about the revolutionary war and actually has historic moments in the game like the Boston massacre and of course the war. So go ahead and buy this game for your child just turn down the sound a little cause it swears.
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2013

History class

This game takes place during the revolutionary war. I learned a lot from this game. There is language and some inappropriate talk. Violence is an issue but you are allowed to turn off blood in settings. Overall this is is a great game that can teach your kids a lot.
Kid, 10 years old April 7, 2013

Assassin's Creed 3!

I love playing this game and I'm 11, so I'm breaking my own rules. I play it because my parents trust I'm mature enough. The violence problem is that, if you're an Assassin, you have to kill a lot of people. There are so many different weapons you can use and things like that. There is blood, but you can turn it off in the settings. In one part of the game, two people go inside a cave and kissed. The woman eventually got a son who was the main character. In the game, there is some swearing like f***. But that word isn't said that much. In the game, there are different taverns you can go to and sometimes you can see drunk people and many people are drinking wine or beer. Other than that, I think the game is really good and isn't that hard. There aren't any other big problems to me. This is only for the single player game. I haven't played multiplayer before, so I don't know what happens in it. But you should really give it a go!
Teen, 16 years old Written bycriscoff March 26, 2013

Parents need to understand

Ok parent really hope this help this game is a little brutal but if you look at most of the games your kid plays this probably nothing but the game is not bloody it has good morale great story and there is hardly any cussing and no sexual themes the game is a great way to live through history even if some of the story is fake you still get to see what it was like back then
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2013

Awesome game

I I'm halfway through the game and I think that most people overlook how "bad" it's is. First, there is no blood if you turn it off at the option menu. Second, the launguage isn't very bad because its rare, I only heard the "f" word once or twice so far, and I've been playing for a few weeks. Also, no sexual content. Overall, it's pretty educational because I learnt a lot about George Washington and the revalutionary war, and I didn't turn into a murderer by playing it
Teen, 13 years old Written byAppleFan March 5, 2013

Great Game! With a little violence...

Assassins Creed III is a great addition to the Assassins Creed Series, that I believe that anybody over 12 can handle. The blood can be intense at times, but in the settings you can turn it off. The language can be rough, for example the f-word was used about twice, but you can easily skip over those scenes. But the game has great gameplay, easy to use controls, and great graphics. I highly recommend this video game to anybody over 11 or 12, but if you still are not sure, rent it from a provider like GameFly and test it out yourself.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHoodedAce February 21, 2013

Absolutly Brilliant.

Okay. I've logged about 40 hours in this game so I think I can speak with some authority. First. Single Player Gameplay. As always Ubisoft delivers a very polished and slick system and UI. Most actions are now mapped to either the A button (fast walk, mount dismount horse, and a subset of parkour moves) or the B button (block, counter, action, talk etc.) X and Y are the close combat and ranged combat buttons respectively. (i.e. sword/pistol, axe/bow) The movement system is basically the same. but it's a lot harder to make mistakes then it used to be. You barely have to think about how to move the analogs to make conner do what you want. It's so easy to control. The combat is fast moving and almost exclusively based on timing, There are no "sequence take downs'' that are infamous in the gaming community (a sequence take down is when a character can only be beaten by pressing YY BB UP DOWN XX or something similar) transitions between exploration and combat are seamless. The hunting mechanic is awesome. You can only certain animals in different regions. And they are very fast, and very skittish, you have to hide, and move silently and be patient. Which is a brilliant change of pace from hunting the human targets, where it is more about finding a path through the various patrols. You hunt animals, skin them (off screen) and then can sell their pelts, meant, claws etc. The history in this game is excellent. Obviously the Templar and Assassins don't actually exist, (or do they.......) so their parts are fictional, but the characterization of Pitcarin, Ben Franklin, Washington, Adams, Revere are all EXCELLENT so yeah you get to experience history first hand blah blah blah meet the people...... wait what? THERE'S A HUGE DATABASE THAT HAS ENCYCLOPEDIC ARTICLES ABOUT THE VARIOUS EVENTS PEOPLE AND LOCATIONS????????? Yeah, it does. To make this part even more fun. It's written by a brit. So he's constantly making fun of american/british stereotypes (Case in point. In the boston tea party section he finishes with "all that tea.... wasted. I think a part of me just died") So yadda yadda, single player is great shut up move on right? Mainly. There is a large about of language (english mostly ha ha ha) F**** T*****. Are the upper range. Though conner himself (the protagonist) doesn't use any. Okay. Story is good. But what you really want to know is..... Multyplayer. All I can say about the MP is. OH. MY. BEANS FRITTER FLAP FRANKS THANK YOU SAM HILL FOR THIS GAME. Greatest. MP. Ever. Seriously. It's entirely skill based. There are no cheap ways to win. And ever second of every round you frantically juggle huge amounts of information. Who's following you, who's your target, can you hide here, do you have an escape rout. The MP is the same Idea as all the other ones, but with a few technical improvements. Basically it works like this. You are in a city with about 100 people. You have a target to find. (and someone is usually looking for you. sometimes several somebodies) so you have to search carefully for your target. Oh wait i forgot to mention There are only 8 characters in the entire city. Everybody looks like one of those people. So not only do you have to find the right looking person. You have to discover if it's a player or just a fake computer-controlled decoy. So while you look for your target you have to make sure you don't stand out from the crowd. And you better not guess wrong. killing the wrong person has a way of revealing yourself to other players. So it's just you, your wits, and your observational and psychological skills. (if you're willing to get cussed at a mic in this game can give another layer of psychological warfare) that's it. no special moves, no special guns. Just your mind against theirs. Is this awesome or what? It can easily teach, tactics, observation, quick thinking, odds analysis (is it worth it to guess between 3 lookalikes) and many other things. So. If the bad words in the story is to much for you (and most of it can be skipped) buy the game any way for the greatest multyplayer experience you will ever have. Seriously. Look up some "Let's Plays" or something. You will be blown away.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheTrustableMaturity January 30, 2013
LEARNING

Wonderful, very mild game.

I sort of agree with this review, but (like with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim) I believe the title could easily be rated T. I have played this game and the ONLY gun in the game is flintlock rifles and pistols. The violence should be a 3, because there is NO blood that splashes onto anything, maybe a {microscopic} splatter with the bow and arrow shot. This has barely any cursing, a little bit of blood on some characters when they are in a cutscene, and a trusty saber on your side as you stroll about the colonies in the beginning. The only killing is of British soldiers (It's the Revolution, dude!) and you just do some fun parkour onto windowsills and an epic air assassination once in a while. Overall, it is actually pretty informational about life back then (except for a guy in a beaked hoodie killing invaders) and I recommend it for kids 12 or 13 and up, depending on if you will buy them a tomahawk and they say they want to be just like Connor. Then you have a problem. Bye!
Parent Written bynobodyslistening December 19, 2012

Give it a try.

well this game is better than brotherhood with less sex and you don't assassinate any iconic figures [ the pope ]. turn off blood and mute the volume and the sexual themes are naked body paintings that survived the medivel times. ten theres only violence left I would watch some letsplays before buying it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMohammed2500 December 9, 2012

A Revolutionary game

This is the best game I have ever played. Connor is so cool and brutal and muscly. Even though there is a lot of violence and sexual references and strong language S**t & F**K Its a fantastic game with a lot of history and education. Warning Gameplay is very addictive so you might Want to play 10 mins but then play 10 hrs. Game of the year 2012