All member reviews for Assassin's Creed III

Bloody Revolutionary War adventure best for mature gamers.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written byzacharyford October 29, 2013

A perfect game for a perfect franchise.

This game is down right terrific, i don't recommend playing this before the other's. however, let's discuss the issue's with it, this game, for one, is extremely violent. there is a bit of blood, but that can be turned off at any given time, however, language was the biggest issue with this game, there are a total of 7 F-bomb's thrown out through the entire game, if you really care, i can give you the location's of each F-bomb, the first one can be heard on the mission "the doctor" in sequence 2, the second can be heard after sequence 3 where desmond is having an arguement with his father, the next can be heard when your on the mission "skyscraper" as desmond. where you nearly slide off the side of the building, the forth can be found in the same mission, when desmond is held at gunpoint, the fourth is in spanish and is subtitled when 2 men are arguing over how one of them banged the other's sister. the 5th and 6th can be heard on the same mission. after chasing a man through a hallway, he mutter's the word's "i effed up....we effed up" the 7thed is easily missed, while reading through a mysterious E-mail. that cover's it. get this game. it's amazing, but dont get it if you havent played the other 4 in the series. it's easily the best, and the others wont be as fun if you play this first. good luck and have fun.
Kid, 11 years old October 27, 2013

Great game

It is an amazing game and i think that it's just fine for 9 and up there is violence and language alittle bit but nothing a 9 year old can't handle i played all of the games and beat them all and there was nothing in any of them like people have been saying so 9 and up would be fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMrPian0Man October 12, 2013

If you won't get your kid this because of what common sense media says?

Ok. Coming From A Kids Perspective Here OK? Common Sense Media Doesn't Know How To Give A Review. Yes Its Rated M but, this game has learning. it takes place in the revolutionary war. not very much but your kid could get into liking history if they like this game..I haven't heard ANY language that would be bad for a 5th grader or even 4th. THEY HAVE ALL HEARD IT. They may not tell you about it but behind your back they are most likely swearing behind your back. And to be honest I beat the whole game. There might have been like 1 reference to sex but that really shouldn't be the mail factor of why you would buy this for your kid. The main reason I could see you not getting it is if you HATE viloence. there is Many missions where you kill people but besides that this game is totally appropriate for kids 11 and up
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2013

Not as bad as they say

I don't get why people think this is a bad game.This is a good game. I've never played it but I had watched videos about it's gameplay. It is rather bloody because the game includes assassinating people with a wide range of weapons such as tomahawks, longbows and bayonettes.(you could turn the blood off in settings) It also contains a small amount of sexual content and some swear words, but expect most of them in Desmond's sequence. This game is not exactly biased against Britan or America, but your main targets are British.Overal;, it is great for learning history and I think 5th graders or up could handle it, as long as you turn off the blood or get an adult to supervise you.
Teen, 17 years old Written byProfesserCrouch October 4, 2013

Riding my horse back to revolution

Alright, so I am back, recently I did the S.C.B review. Okay so, this game is a GREAT game. It has learning potential about the Revolutionary War. You learn about a lot of historical events including the Boston Tea Party, the signing of the declaration, and the end of the revolution. This time they didn't focus so much on the assassin than the storyline. This game is open world. You get new weapons. New skills. But that isn't what you're here about, is it? No. Okay, let's get started. Assassin's Creed III is a great game. Parents are probably concerned about the violence and the language. VIOLENCE) The violence in this game IS gory, but it is not an issue. LANGUAGE) 1 use of the f-word. It is only heard ONCE. If I am wrong, which I might be, turn off the volume. Well thanks, give me a like, see ya later!
Kid, 12 years old October 3, 2013

great game

Great game no bad things but some words you might not let your child say. Overall great for learning because you get to learn about the revolutionary war from a native americans point of view. Overall I would say a responsable sixth grader would be able to play this game.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypianodude2534 October 1, 2013

Good but not for kids at least 12

This game can be considered one of the violent games but it is most definitely appropriate for maybe older preteens 13 and 14. The plot may be a little difficult for young kids since it is dealing with the the Revolutionary War but all in all its a very good game with action
Kid, 9 years old September 7, 2013

best game ever

it is a okay game ages 10 and up my mom bought this game for me it is a good game kind of gta kind of game but bloody says b...tch 10 times danm a few times it says the f bomb 4 times i think common sense is wrong bubbyrules on ps3
Teen, 13 years old Written bytherealreviewer August 24, 2013

Assassin's Creed 3

I'm going to be frank, if you think this is a bad game, you are VERY nit-picky. It is a fine game. No sexual content what so ever, except for 2 guys arguing over a girl, going "I called her first!" and stuff like that. It does have slight blood, easily toggled off, and there is a little bit of swearing like hell, d-word, and once s*** in some native american language, but other than that, a good game. Natives also smoke pipes, that's it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCHoiBoy0527@gmail.co August 17, 2013

Rating is too harsh...

The game is historically accurate. Ubisoft has made a large number of games that exceeds in historical accuracy, and this game exceeds them all. The only 'sexual' part is near the beginning where two people are kissing. It is not too sensual or overdone. No full sex or nudity is shown. The blood can be easily turned off; even with the blood on, there are barely any except while hunting and special missions. The game also has 'positive role models'. The main character is an indian not only fighting for his country, but also for his indian people and for nature. The game can be handled by majority of teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWolski86 August 15, 2013

Assassins creed, a good choice?

Assassins Creed 3 is a violent video game. You are an assassin trying to assassinate people, but those are only people that have done wrong to the assassin creed community. You cannot kill innocent people, so I put this game OK for teens is blood does not bother you
Teen, 13 years old Written bySavageGoose6 August 10, 2013

awesomenesss

this game is just pure fun
Parent of a 13 year old Written byuberhaxorchild August 7, 2013

CENSOR BLOOD

If blood is censored and the volume is turned down, this is not a bad game. A bit violent, but I'd let my 7 year old play it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJcilas August 6, 2013

Get it for your child now!

A really nice game! My nine year-old daughter played and she loved it. She learned a lot about history. It makes it fun by throwing in action to this learning attraction. Get this for your child now!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMichael F. August 5, 2013

AC3 content review

BLOOD- large blood splatters when fighting, which sometimes splatters on the ground. not overly excessive or gory, though. INTENSE VIOLENCE- as above. SEXUAL THEMES- some innuendo, but nothing too harsh. STRONG LANGUAGE- F*CK, S*IT, A*S, all there. but again, not excessive. nothing in here that isn't heard in a middle school.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMonkishBrute015 August 4, 2013

Assassins Creed is ok for kids 11 and up

Ok this was the the first M game I was ever aloud to get. I wasn't aloud to get halo 4 or call of duty. This game is very fun and isn't really that bad. There is blood and a lot of cussing and there is one part where they threaten to cut off someones co** which my dad wasn't happy about but It teaches you about the revolutionary war and actually has historic moments in the game like the Boston massacre and of course the war. So go ahead and buy this game for your child just turn down the sound a little cause it swears.
Kid, 10 years old July 16, 2013

Assassins Creed 3

This is a great game. A lot of people think that this game is all about killing people, but it's not. There is a lot history such as battles and places that are real and they look almost identical to the real ones.For example, Independence Hall looks the same in real life as in the game. Also, you are able to turn blood off in settings and that really makes the game open to more people. I am a mature ten year old and that is the only reason that I am allowed to play. This game has a lot of great free roam abilities, which allows you to do what you want to do with the game without being forced to do almost anything. It also has naval combat which is awesome and is a huge step up from the last game(s) It has practically no swear words and the only time it does is in the cinematix that you can skip. This is a great game for kids of the age of twelve and for mature 11 year old children.
Teen, 13 years old Written byayecarumbakid June 23, 2013

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a excellent game. It has minor drinking references and smoking. It has the F word in it and the word Ti***es at one part. Violence is very gorey and connor gains blood all over his face in fights. Connor is a good role model he helps his people out and beleives in Liberty and Peace.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 June 20, 2013

The best of the trilogy!!

This game is the best of the assassins creed series, and has better character development. The game is pretty gory and violent in some ways but I think a mature 10 year old can handle it. The language is pretty infrequent but it is there sometimes, but it's something a 10 year old can handle it. A few sexual references, but it is not as bad as people are making it out to be. There is some drinking at bars nothing bad. I think a mature 10 year old can handle it. If this were rated as movies are rated it would be R: For Sequences of Strong Violence, some language, and mild sexual references.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnimefreakman June 20, 2013

Assassin's Creed III Parent Review

Really not all that bad. A couple uses of the F word and others, some violence that includes brutal executions and slices to the throat. One scene depicts a man about to be tortured, and in this same scene a man threatens to cut off the victims genitals. Mild sexual references. I'd rate the game four stars because despite great gameplay, some minor bugs and unfair sequences hold it back from being the best. All in all, its nothing a mature 13 year old can't handle