All member reviews for Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Bloody adventure game with visceral violence, online play.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Parent Written byzeeta gamer November 17, 2011

Great for 14 and up

The assassins creed franshise has always been a franchise that goes for a really realistic setting and characters. Two things are really the big things to look out for in this game (including the ones before it, except for the first assassins creed.) The main purpose of this game, as said in the title is to assassinate certain targets but for a purpose and the purpose is alwas for the good of man kind and is never gory or very bloody, keeping it to an almost cartoonish violence. In this new installment Ezio is on a search for Altairs secret library. The sexual material is, yes, there but you are going to have to look pretty hard to see it. For example you might be walking around on the street and over hear two people talking about someone and calling them a bad name. This game is set in the medieval era and ubisoft has done a fantastic job at capturing that. This game like every one else says will teach many things about that era and is very eduactional.
Parent Written bymikai999 January 13, 2013

nothing a 11 year old cant handle

so they mostly couse in italian and there is no sexual content but you can turn off the blood it is about the midevil period and so cool i played the hole 10 times so this is not made up violent but you can avoid killing lots of the time
Adult Written bydarkay223 November 27, 2011

fantastic game

i have played the game for a while and if you kill an enemy light blood spats and in the so called "sexual part" there is no showed nudety but it learn children much about history and ezio(the assassin) is a good man it is not like gta that you are a criminal and must kill evrybody just for mony would reccoment this 12 jear and older
Parent of a 18 year old Written bythomas1foot December 13, 2011

Educational, but violent.

This is a truly great game. Although it is very violent, mainly focusing on killing it is very educational and teaches players a lot about the Medieval period. It is about assassins so you can stab, shoot, blow up and kill enemies in numerous other ways. It has blood and gore when someone dies although there is an option in the menu to turn blood off. Language is only a few mild cuss words that only some people will take offence to. This game is a must have and is suitable to most kids 12+
Parent Written byER23 December 13, 2012

Great game.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAlec14 July 31, 2012

12+. Can turn off blood and only a couple swear words in the entire game

This game is fine for kids anywhere above 12 years old. There is alot of violence and blood and youre able to shove daggers through peoples throats with alot of blood coming out, walk by two people and stab them both in the face, and other things like shooting people or throwing bombs at groups and blowing them all up but you can go in the options and turn off the blood so its better for a kid. The language is very rare, I only heard the word sh*t once and *ss two or three times but it only happens when it shows Desmond, I never heard anything while playing as the assassin Ezio. For sexual themes I also never saw or heard anything related to this so I have no idea what commonsense and the other reviews are talking about and I played through the game twice. There is an online mode where you can talk to other people through voice chat an possibly hear swearing or sharing of personel information but you can just turn the volume down and it should be fine.
Parent Written byits very awesome February 4, 2012

awesome

awesome
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2011

Assassin's Creed: Best Game Ever

This is one of the best games ever. Graphics are almost just like real life, and the gameplay is fun, engaging, and thousands of hours in length (you can do pretty much the same thing over and over, and it never gets old, and the story can take a while to complete). If you take the time to read descriptions, you can know quite a bit about Constantinople. However, it is quite violent. Quite a bit of blood spills in battles, temporarily staining surroundings. Some assassinations show up close views of blades going through bodies and blood spurting out. The violence is not gory, though. It may only seem that way. There is one mission in which, in small talk, some soldiers mention w**re. The language isn't that bad throughout most of it, but if you care to stick around on animus island towards the beginning, the f word is uttered. Back to how great the game is, the combat is satisfying, with new secondary weapon and improved combo kill systems in place. The hookblade adds a lot, and playing previous Assassin's Creed games will make you wonder why they didn't think of it sooner. Bombs are helpful in setting traps, luring guards, and turning the tables in a battle. The eagle sense is used in very creative ways during the campaign, many targets being located by using it. The background is jawdropping from extreme heights, and you can almost feel the wind jumping down from viewpoints. Taking over the city, protecting it with assassins-in-training, and recapturing assassin's dens are all enjoyable, and taking over the Mediterranean gives order to leveling up assassins. If you have the money, buy this game. You'll be glad you did.
Parent Written byBattleVet75 July 3, 2013

An outstanding conclusion to Ezio's story.

While not as good as the past game in the franchise,but this game does not disappoint. The story is very good and builds up to an ending that almost made me cry, but it is short. Ezio is more of a role model here because as the mentor of the assassins, he seeks answers for his actions and the whole story is about his journey to find his purpose. The violence is less intense then the last games, but it is constant. There is also a spraying effect for the blood here, as it sprays even after the blade is out. Sexual content is mild and includes just one sexual reference( "He was engaged to my sister, but his d**k was engaged to six others.") Language is infrequent but includes f**k and s**t. It is overall a good conclusion to Ezio and is ok for 14 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymercenaryx2000 April 10, 2013

One of best assassins creed games!

Amazing video game and probably the most appropreate assassins creed game.They say the s word maybe a few times but this game is fine for teens. But there is a lot of heavy gory violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybradend13 February 19, 2013

LEARNING

Amazing game, but violence and language could be an issue: Positive means involves violence on occasion.

I am 13 years old and I own the whole series. Altogether, if you play it the same way that I do, it should be rated T. If you play it with everything on, then yes, it should be rated M. You can opt to turn the blood off, cutting out the bloody aspect of it. For the language, it is nothing you would not hear in modern-day middle or high schools. One or two uses of s**t, two or three uses of b***h, one use of b*****d, about four uses of d**n, some Italian profanity such as m***a and c***o and a few minor words such as "whore". The violence can be a bit brutal at times (mostly when using a sword) but can be avoided via difference in weaponry and buying new weapons at blacksmith shops. Overall, despite the PG-13 language and the violence, it is a game with a good purpose to it. The main storyline takes place in modern times and you and your group of assassins are trying to save the world. In the historical aspect of it, you are an assassin, who fights for good, and although violence is sometimes nessessary, it is for good purposes (one side mission involves you talking to an injured man who has had his wife and daughter kidnapped- you have to save them by any means nessecary.). A good game as long as you know your child(ren) well and think that they are responsible enough.
Educator and Parent Written byConnor98 October 20, 2012

LEARNING

Assassins Creed Revelations is an educational game for relegion and history.

This game is an excellent game if your teen want to catch up in history. This game also has possotive messages and is filled with christian and Muslim inspiration. It is read in a report that the "Assassins Creed series" was made by a multi-cultural and religious group. My son is 14 and had to do a report on the Renascence era but he hated history. I knew that my son learnt best if he enjoyed it. So i went to EB games and asked them if they had a game that was historically educational and they gave me assassins creed revelations. I was a bit nervous about the rating but i bought it anyway. I then gave it to my son and since then he has been obsessed with history. He got 92 out of 100 in his report results. He been talking about history for weeks now, he has now recently gotten into the 3rd Crusade's History.
Kid, 11 years old October 16, 2012

Hey Parents!

You should know your child best of all!If you know they are mature enough to not repeat every word or every violent action they see in video games or in movies then this video game will not have much affect on them. If you do decide to allow your child to play any assassin's creed games make sure they turn off the blood and avoid killing anyone as much as possible.
Teen, 13 years old Written byXi Charmeleon March 14, 2012

Assassin's Creed Revelations

this game is not bad at all. It may be a little violent at times but that is because you are using mostly melee weapons to kill enemies. it is educational and helped me in school because I was able to name more landmarks in Constantinople than anybody in second period.
Teen, 16 years old Written bypoopus124 January 22, 2012

Best game ever!

It is one of the greatest games ive ever played, I started when I was 1. It's amazing and your kids will love all of the death! Mom, get this for your child.
Teen, 13 years old Written byda pwn January 6, 2012

a good game

This is an educational game, believe it or not. You learn about landmarks from the 16th century. But, this game is violent. You can counter-kill and sometimes this is shown in slow-motion. You can kill enimies with swords,knives,axes,hammers,poison and more and there is blood but it disappears after a short period of time and you can also turn it off. There is also bad language but it is usually spoken in a different language so you cannot understand it unless you turn the subtitles on. A lot less violent than the first game!
Teen, 14 years old Written byalexander1997 December 27, 2011

11/10 best game in the world

An epic Finnish to Ezios story a bit violent but guys turn off the blood if you have an under 10 it is a great game but if you haven't played the other games then it won't make the least bit of sense
Parent Written byV3N0M0U$ December 19, 2011

Revelations For Your Kids?

My only problem with this game is the violence. If your kid has other "M" rated games this should be okay for them. My sons really enjoyed this game. I've watched them play and there is the ability to turn "blood" off and I encourage that.
Kid, 12 years old December 18, 2011

i want

Okay. I am a huge fan of VALVe. Their games are definitely more inappropriate than this. But they are still great. I disagree with commonsense on this again. I, personally, have not played it, but my friends are all huge fans. Yet again, is this realistic? It has NO realistic weapons for our time, and this might be how the world was at that time. It is historical too. The characters are AWESOME, and many people have wanted to be as athletic as these people. It is basically like Final Fantasy, just more with realistic characters. Also, the "killing innocents" part is always accidental unless you are one of those twisted creepers who are obsessed about causing pain to the cute civilians who have done absolutely nothing to you except give you helpful information and a sense of peace to the town. Right? Young adults like me know that it is NOT real. It is just a video game. Just a very good video game. And a LOT of adults could be helped be helped by me. If they think that is not okay
Teen, 14 years old Written bytrollface200 December 15, 2011

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

I honestly don't see what is wrong with this game. The game does has Swearing such as f*** and sh*t but it's all in Italian or Greek. Sexual content is not too bad, Just a bid of suggestive dialouge is all.