All member reviews for Band Hero

Great party game for music-loving families.

Parent of a 10 year old Written bychais December 8, 2009

Great game, but terrible editing makes it unusable in a school setting.

I am a 6th grade music teacher and I bought this game specifically for use in my music classes. It is rated E for everyone 10+. The makers of the game have taken the time to edit out inappropriate language, but I do not know what they were thinking when they went about this process. There are a number of songs that repeat the phrase "I don't give a d***" and others that are obviously sexual. This is nothing that is ridiculously offensive, but it is still unusable for me in my school setting. What I do not understand is how they went about the editing process... the editors took the time to remove fairly innocent stuff like the word "whiskey" from Don McLean's American Pie and the word "gay" from Taylor Swift's Picture To Burn, yet they have the singer repeat "I don't give a d*** about my reputation!" over and over again in Bad Reputation by Joan Jett. 2 other songs (Rock Star and Black Cat) also include similar phrases. So, this is a great game, and I think it could be used in a school setting if they would have made some very minor adjustments. If you are going to take the time to edit words to make it more family-friendly, please do a better job!
Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2010

Awesome music game will entertain the entire family!

This is a good game. I have it for the Wii and it rocks! There is some language. Some lyrics talk about making out or stuff like that. In one song called American Pie part of the lyrics talk about boys who are drinking. Females in the game might have semi-revealing clothing. The game can be quite challenging if it is you first time playing. But those familiar with Guitar Hero or Rockband will ace this game. This is a good game to improve hand-eye coordination. When you are online, you can download new music which might contain violence, sexual content, language and other bad stuff. So be aware. The game comes with 5 different levels of dificulty: Beginner, Easy, Medium, Hard, and Expert. So if you are new to this type of game, it might be better to start off on beginner or easy.
Kid, 11 years old May 7, 2012

Never played this game,

but there was a typo in the review. It's not Adam Levin, it's Adam Levine.
Kid, 9 years old February 12, 2011

Awesome game

This game is very good. but some of the songs have cussing but it is still very fun. it is an awesome party game. i would totally recommend this to anyone who likes to sing play the guitar and play the drums.
Teen, 17 years old Written byGO CUBS GO October 30, 2010

Band hero is the pop version of guitar hero and therefore, it's a bit better for kids. None of those metal songs are present. There's a few bad lyrics but you can just not play those songs. I play this game with 5 year old kids and that's fine. They're just having fun banging on drums or whatever.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Avatar August 28, 2010

Game is incredible, very fun to play, though they swear a few times like h-ll and dang (but not dang if you know what I mean). In some songs they speak of drinking and such. Some of the girls clothing are inappropriate too. But whats good about this game is very easy to play, they have a mode called "Beginner" where instead of pressing the buttons, you simply strum along with the song. The Drums are difficult, but are educational for learning beats and such... but once you get the hang of it... they are really fun! Its a great game and a great family game.
Kid, 11 years old January 15, 2010

perct for 10 year olds and up

This is a good gamethere is very little laguage or drinking, druges, or smocking it can be easy to play and safty isn't a problem.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNintendo_DSiXL November 6, 2009