All teen and kid member reviews for Batman: Arkham Origins

Teen, 13 years old Written bymad gamer November 9, 2013

more fun more baddies more addicting best arkham yet

game mechanics are similar to arkham city the villians in this one are more scary deranged and violent but you are a hero huge city to explore tons of puzzle solving and action so much more to do worth every cent
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovie Nerd November 2, 2013

Recommended for GTA V addicts

Good for teens, it is a game that can resist us from playing GTA V! Just freaking cool and not to forget it's kind off though, competitive game too.
Kid, 12 years old February 11, 2014

Holy Xbox Batman

Simply the best game I've ever played.
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2014

Great Game for 10 years and up nothing really bad no Blood

Its a great game for kids 10 and up Its a bit dark with 9 assassins on Batmans Head for 50 million dollar on Christmas eve, Its a bit dark but there is no blood, only swears i have found are B*stard and Da*n and Hell, Nothing to bad lots of puzzles to solve with enigma packs around the map. There is the multiplayer mode which inst really for kids as it has guns but apart from that its all good to go!
Teen, 13 years old Written bywashington6944 December 23, 2013

Origins review

Batman: Arkham Origins is not that violent. The combat is bloodless, and there is no gore or dismemberment. There are blood stains in some environments, but that isn't that bad because if you get a cut and you look at it, you will see blood stains. The language is there, but if you turn off subtitles and mute your TV, than this isn't a problem. Th language is also much lower than that of City and Asylum. Most Teens hear this kind of language at school anyway, and they are old enough to know not to say the words. This game is appropriate for teens, but the game actually isn't that good. City and Asylum were loved by fans and critics alike, but there are mixed opinions on Origins. The combat and the gadgets are pretty much the same as City, and the environments look similar to City as well. In the end, if your teen wants the game, you shouldn't worry about being inappropriate, but they might end up being disapointed, just like i was.
Kid, 10 years old May 9, 2014

LEARNING

Good, doesn't live up to City's potential

This is a marvelous game. The graphics are stunning, voice acting was great, and the combat was just incredible. Parents, just don't be thinking, "Oh yeah, it's Batman. It'll be appropriate for my eight year old." If that is what you think, what kind of parent are you? The game is heavy on violence, with extreme melee combat, people are stabbed, shot and thrown from buildings. Thugs roam the streets, armed and unarmed, wanting to get that 50 million dollar offer Black Mask offers to anyone who kills the bat. There are assassins you face such as the Joker, Copperhead, Electrocutioner, Deathstoke, Bane, and I forgot the other three. Bane's transformations might frighten younger viewers, so be aware of that. On to the language topic, it gets heavier than the other Arkham games. You constantly hear things like d----t, you son of a b----, oh sh--,a--hole, what the h---, and more. There isn't as many sexual things in this as the other Arkham games, but there is still some. Several female characters wear cleavage revealing clothes, and short dresses. At one point in the game, The Penguin grabs and squeezes a female characters buttocks, but that is about it. The gameplay is incredible, with new gadgets and combo moves. I would rate the multiplayer, but I don't have an Xbox Live Gold, so that's about it. 5/5 for this marvelous game.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydrspiff11 January 18, 2014

An honest review by an honest teen

Normally I wouldn't write on a stupid conservative website, but the rating for this game just gave the irresistible opportunity to speak my mind. For any parents who are new to the world of gaming, fair warning; DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE MORONS! I've played the entire game. A 13 year old kid could handle this if they were mature enough. There is some punching and some fighting, but its like anything you would see on TV normally. Better even! Besides, the story, voice acting and character development are EXCELLENT! Its like being in a movie. I would definitely recommend this to any Batman fans. The multi-player has some shooting, but its just like the punching and its not bloody at all. So next time you are looking for a game review that covers the FULL side of the story, please do not visit this website and encourage these idiots who have no idea of what their talking about. Thank you for your time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFamilyTrek December 31, 2013

Should be 12+!!! Contains moderate action violence and one use of mouthed strong language.

The game contains moderate action violence and one use of mouthed strong language. One of the villains mouths the F word. 'Son of a b-tch' is used three times and w-nker is used once. The main villain is stabbed. The Penguin falls into a mirror and has a couple of scars on his face. The Joker briefly shoots somebody. But there's is no blood at all. All you can do is punch, kick and push.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGamingCaptain64 August 19, 2015

really fun!!!

my favourite game ever, the violence isn't to bad its just fistfights (which are beautifully choreographed) love it
Kid, 10 years old February 24, 2015

LEARNING

Definitely "M" material, but very good messages.

Batman Arkham Origins is the 3rd game in a series, the first game Batman Arkham Asylum, wasn't very mature in many ways, and game developers like to keep the games in a series at the same rating, so I think if this game wasn't in a series it would be given a hard M, there are swears used such as s--t, ass,bitch,and b--terd. There is one point in the game where the penguin is talking to Batman in a room next to two prostitute like women, the penguin expresses himself sexually around these women and pays them, there is also constant violence and some villains might be a little scary for some kids like the Joker, or Bane, or Firefly. It is also a very dark game, for example its always night time and the city is very dark and dangerous. But a great game for those who are mature enough, I didn't know what I was getting into when I played Arkham Origins.
Kid, 12 years old May 29, 2014

Batman number 400000...........

I loved it
Kid, 11 years old April 21, 2014

What's wrong with it?

This game is pretty violent as far as batman action goes. But it really isn't that bad. Most parents would think that all you are doing is jumping around and killing people. But if you read the comics or watched the movies, you would know that Batman's one rule is: No Guns and No Killing. So this game is okay for 8 and up. If your kids are watching PG-13 movies, this should be fine.
Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2014

LEARNING

Don't listen to common sense media's opion. I know i spelled that wrong LOL.

This is a very good game and i can't believe im saying this but i think 8 yr olds can handle it. Well, just to be safe, lets just say 9. Kids can learn Karate moves by watching batman fight the dangerous criminals. Like you can use them for self defense when you grow up.Sometimes you have to fight the police. A very big city and you can free roam all you want. Although, there is a place i haven't discovered yet were Bruce's parents were assassinated. I see no blood at all, (well, there is a place were theres some blood, but not alot, and during combat theres no blood) Some swearing, Like "Get your a**e* off of here!" Or something like that or "What the he**!" And the most affective: "Sunvoa b*tc*!" And a few more. Some shooting, and some sniper rounds really take some brain work. Some levels you have to use your brain. And... ya.Over all i rate it 9+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMetalman173 November 5, 2013

Fantastic

lots of violence some really bad guys
Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2015

Arkham Origins

Arkham Origins is an amazing game. There is a lot of hand to hand violence the enemies can pick up guns and shoot at Batman. Two female characters show a lot of cleavage. In one scene Penguin is shown dropping a woman but. Penguin is shown with a large cigar all the time. There's a part about drugs but you can't see them. There's between 5-10 uses of b--h c--p d--n but there barely heard. There's a part where Penguin is shown with his thugs in a room with Falconie tied in a chair he is beaten and Penguin is shown about to torture him but he doesn't. In the hotel it can be disturbing since joker is insane. There's one of his goons tied to a wall being electrocuted you save him. There's four of Jokers men strapped to chairs and in electrified water you save them. Deadshot is shown with a hostage. This game is for mature 11 year old's or even for 10 year olds. This game is simply amazing one of the best game's i've played.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySithLordBeast July 19, 2015

Very good game, not quite as good as the first 2

I never understood all the hate on this game, but my best guess is that people were expecting the game to be another step up from Arkham City and were just disappointed. However, this game was very good. It wasn't quite as good as the first two, which were both perfect. The storyline is just as gripping as the first two, with its fair share of twists and turns. There are side missions and challenge maps to keep you busy for a while once you beat the main campaign (which doesn't take too long). For example, I have beaten the main story and completed a bunch of side quests and I am merely 35% into the game. This game also features multiplayer, which I enjoyed as long as I could get into a game, which took a while. The multiplayer is very fun, but it seemed incomplete and more could have been added to it. In online, you can play as thugs and shoot and kill other thugs. Now, for the (kind of) mature content. This game could have been rated M, although that's not saying a ton seeing as the Halo's, Just Cause 2, and similar games are rated M, but I believe that Batman Arkham Origins is on the same level as them. The violence is just like the other two, with batman beating up countless thugs at a time, but never killing them. He interrogates them and does just about everything to them but kill them. Main bad guys can be pretty brutal, particularly the Joker. *SPOILER* The Joker pistol whips Black Mask in one sequence, kills the electrocutioner by pushing him out of a skyscraper in another sequence, and is ready to do just about anything to stop batman. *END SPOILER* In one sequence batman has to quickly figure out a puzzle as thugs are being electrocuted the whole time. Furthermore, there are bodies littered all over some missions. Batman also can solve murders and can see how victims died. Blood is minimally shown in scenery and never depicted in actual gameplay. language is moderate and the words b--ch, b-stard, d--n, h-ll, and a-- can be heard throughout the game. I never encountered the s-word, but I haven't completed the game 100%, nevertheless, if it's in the game, it's very hard to come across. Sexual references are mild as there is a 'Live Nudes' sign and some mild cleavage can be seen. Overall, it is a very good game that has some content issues and some glitches that decrease the quality of the game. Still, batman fan or not, you should get this game.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMalik1Saad2 July 6, 2015

GREAT!!!!

Med range violence. Use of words like damn,hell,bastard and bitch.Drinking and Smoking.
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2015

Epic batman video game.

This is a really great Batman game for teens and up. It is filled with strong violence . The characters also swear in this game. Also in the game you need detective skills to solve the mystery behind some crime scenes. Their is lots of alcohol,tobacco, and drugs. Their is also lots of dead bodies and mild blood.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBatman321 June 9, 2015

Ok for 10 and up

This game is really fun. There's a lot of melee and some shooting because of the multiplayer. There's language but no f bombs or anything too excessive. There's some cleavage. And some criminals reference a drug. Also a plus because it's batman
Teen, 14 years old Written bygaming2002 June 8, 2015

Dark But Fun.

This was my first batman arkham game, I was uncertain if I should get it at first, but for $15 and good reviews I figured I'll give it a try. The game itself is very fun, but also kinda dark. The violence is mostly punching and kicking, but when you play multiplayer you can play as a bane goon, or a joker goon wielding a gun. The swearing in the game isn't that bad, it's mostly uses of b####, but according to esrb there are uses of s###, but I didn't hear anything. Over all it is a very good game and I recommend it highly to any gamer