All member reviews for Batman: Arkham Origins

Teen, 13 years old Written bymad gamer November 9, 2013

more fun more baddies more addicting best arkham yet

game mechanics are similar to arkham city the villians in this one are more scary deranged and violent but you are a hero huge city to explore tons of puzzle solving and action so much more to do worth every cent
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovie Nerd November 2, 2013

Recommended for GTA V addicts

Good for teens, it is a game that can resist us from playing GTA V! Just freaking cool and not to forget it's kind off though, competitive game too.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMetalman173 November 5, 2013

Fantastic

lots of violence some really bad guys
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2013

not that bad

(please note that I have the ios version of the game, so this may not be entirely accurate) I really don't know why this title was rated 15+ by CSM. The violence is minimal, just punching, kicking, and throwing at/by Batman.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywashington6944 December 23, 2013

Origins review

Batman: Arkham Origins is not that violent. The combat is bloodless, and there is no gore or dismemberment. There are blood stains in some environments, but that isn't that bad because if you get a cut and you look at it, you will see blood stains. The language is there, but if you turn off subtitles and mute your TV, than this isn't a problem. Th language is also much lower than that of City and Asylum. Most Teens hear this kind of language at school anyway, and they are old enough to know not to say the words. This game is appropriate for teens, but the game actually isn't that good. City and Asylum were loved by fans and critics alike, but there are mixed opinions on Origins. The combat and the gadgets are pretty much the same as City, and the environments look similar to City as well. In the end, if your teen wants the game, you shouldn't worry about being inappropriate, but they might end up being disapointed, just like i was.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFamilyTrek December 31, 2013

Should be 12+!!! Contains moderate action violence and one use of mouthed strong language.

The game contains moderate action violence and one use of mouthed strong language. One of the villains mouths the F word. 'Son of a b-tch' is used three times and w-nker is used once. The main villain is stabbed. The Penguin falls into a mirror and has a couple of scars on his face. The Joker briefly shoots somebody. But there's is no blood at all. All you can do is punch, kick and push.
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2014

Great Game for 10 years and up nothing really bad no Blood

Its a great game for kids 10 and up Its a bit dark with 9 assassins on Batmans Head for 50 million dollar on Christmas eve, Its a bit dark but there is no blood, only swears i have found are B*stard and Da*n and Hell, Nothing to bad lots of puzzles to solve with enigma packs around the map. There is the multiplayer mode which inst really for kids as it has guns but apart from that its all good to go!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydrspiff11 January 18, 2014

An honest review by an honest teen

Normally I wouldn't write on a stupid conservative website, but the rating for this game just gave the irresistible opportunity to speak my mind. For any parents who are new to the world of gaming, fair warning; DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE MORONS! I've played the entire game. A 13 year old kid could handle this if they were mature enough. There is some punching and some fighting, but its like anything you would see on TV normally. Better even! Besides, the story, voice acting and character development are EXCELLENT! Its like being in a movie. I would definitely recommend this to any Batman fans. The multi-player has some shooting, but its just like the punching and its not bloody at all. So next time you are looking for a game review that covers the FULL side of the story, please do not visit this website and encourage these idiots who have no idea of what their talking about. Thank you for your time.
Kid, 10 years old February 24, 2015

LEARNING

Definitely "M" material, but very good messages.

Batman Arkham Origins is the 3rd game in a series, the first game Batman Arkham Asylum, wasn't very mature in many ways, and game developers like to keep the games in a series at the same rating, so I think if this game wasn't in a series it would be given a hard M, there are swears used such as s--t, ass,bitch,and b--terd. There is one point in the game where the penguin is talking to Batman in a room next to two prostitute like women, the penguin expresses himself sexually around these women and pays them, there is also constant violence and some villains might be a little scary for some kids like the Joker, or Bane, or Firefly. It is also a very dark game, for example its always night time and the city is very dark and dangerous. But a great game for those who are mature enough, I didn't know what I was getting into when I played Arkham Origins.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 13, 2014

Teen, 16 years old Written byjoker2000 October 17, 2014

Arkham? ... Origins???

The first problem is the title. It has nothing to do with arkham, or any origin stories. There are good messages, but a lot of bad ones too. The gameplay is fun, and not hard if you're an experienced player. The violence is brutal and at times frightening. Penguin hangs around females, and copperhead is in immodest clothing. The swearing includes H words, D words, Swords, B words, but no F bombs. There are a lot of drugs in this game as well, including a poison, making characters hallucinate, and a laughing gas, which disturbingly kills its victims. (P.S., for those of you that are wondering why I gave this game 2 learning points, it's that a villain sets up puzzles and brain teasers to solve.)
Teen, 16 years old Written byAvengingSon98 October 15, 2014

Kid, 9 years old October 8, 2014

LEARNING

batman why is it 16?!?!?!?

its not actually very good like i expected it no no not at all
Kid, 12 years old September 29, 2014

Great Game

This game would be very good for any body who has played any Batman game before this (Arkham Asylum and City) or if you just really love Batman. There is a decent amount of swearing in this game. Some stuff might be scary for younger people. The game has a very long lasting appeal because after you complete the main story, there are a bunch of side missions you can do to keep your interest. This is a great game for an extremley good price.
Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2014

Another Great Batman Game!

I am 11 years old and i have played all batman games so far. my parents let me play games like this because i am mature enough. this game says cuss words every now and then. it also has smoking and violence. but if you have a kid around my age and you think he/she is mature enough then this is a perfect game. it has a great story and its easy to play when you get used to it. so yeah i have been playing these games since i was 9 and i just know not to do drugs when i get older or swear.so as long as your child knows that then you should buy this!
Teen, 17 years old Written byAliphulupus June 9, 2014

LEARNING

Once again, the story to another batman game doesn't disappoint!

This game is amazing, the graphics, gameplay and the story! Violence:I have not beaten the story but im pretty far in it. Some scenes(Cutscenes) can be pretty dark/violent from joker shooting people(No blood is shown) to bodies hanging from things and or tied to objects. Also you see some cutscenes where a person is brutally beaten with a pistol then kicked repeatedly. In one fight you break a characters arm and you see it popped backwords but he he just pops it back in and continues to fight(Sounds gross). Other dark stuff like saving people from deadly traps etc..(One of the cutscenes also you see a man get his neck broken and the crack is very loud but it isnt that bad) Sex:Not much, just some lines the bad guys say and penguin grabs a womens behind. Language:From "A**" to JackA**" to the "B" word..But it isnt used constantly..comes on rare occasions.
Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2014

Not a shooter

First thing you should know is that batman has vowed not to kill, taking that feature away, all the combat is not as fluent as arkham city and does involve slow motion scenes of knowing someone out. BLOOD IS A MINIMUM only appearing on some crime scenes, and batman does not inflict the blood. There is a multiplayer mode that is a 3rd person shooter, giving the choice to play as batman, robin, a bane gang member or a joker gang member. I've heard the use of b*stard once and multiple uses of son of a... I've completed the game and difficulty can be raised or lowered. The only drug use is when the penguin takes a few puffs of his pipe. Overall a good, suitable game for 10 year olds and above
Teen, 13 years old Written bySteedman June 4, 2014

LEARNING

Online the most violent part

i have the game and have leverled my caractor up online now about 5 times and i thought tio myself. how is this not M? in the online part you can play as thhugs for joker or bane and you can even play AS joker or bane jokers specal move is to take you head, smash it agains his knee, and shock your face until you die. I found this very fun but very violent.
Kid, 12 years old May 29, 2014

Batman number 400000...........

I loved it
Teen, 13 years old Written bywiiugamer19 May 28, 2014

LEARNING

Still some content, but the best for parents of the batman games.

Kids and Parents: I have beat every Batman Arkham game, and this one has the least questionable content. Only kids 12 and up will understand the sexual references, and at that age its fine. The violence is about the same as the other two games. Drugs are only used on a side mission and when bane tries to test them on people, not to bad. Kids: if you are trying to get your parents to buy you a Batman game, try for this one as they would probably think it is the most appropriate of the trilogy. Parents: if you are unsure of which of the games is the least content-heavy, this is it.