Gritty, violent military shooter for adults only.

Adult Written byGeorge Johanson November 10, 2011

A Very Good Game

The Game is very realistic and can teach how war really is. It has very little blood and the violence is equivilent to uncharted, a teen rated game.
Parent Written byHarold Lee December 31, 2011

Quality Shooter for

I got this game for my son for Christmas, and I must say, I am extremely impressed. He was begging for it, and when I did a bit of researching online I found nothing too violent, so I went ahead and bought it for him. And I’m glad that I did. This is a shooter unlike any other I’ve witnessed. As opposed to other shooters, like the ever-popular Call of Duty series, Battlefield 3 is a game of careful strategy and deduction, not just a wild shooting spree. The game has objectives spread across a vast, beautiful landscape, and the moderate travel time to each objective means that careful thought and consideration must be made with every move, for risk of dying and having to respawn back at the starting point. The game is much more complex than others, with different vehicles and objectives, requiring thought before action. I was also extremely pleased with the way the classes are customized. The entire game revolves around the teamwork and cooperation of the different classes. One class heals and revives fallen teammates, another repairs vehicles and takes out enemy ones, another provides ammo and support fire, and the last defends far off teammates and provides spawn points. A squads strength increases by tenfold when they all combine their talents. I am very satisfied with this game as a whole. My son loves it for the action and game play, and I love him having it because of the strategy and teamwork. I even play it sometimes, when the kids are at school. It truly is a fun game. I would put the age limit at around 11 or 12, because, as with all shooters, there is warfare violence, and small amounts of blood. But most kids should be more than fine playing it.
Adult Written byBullybuster November 28, 2011

Not that bad of a game

This is a good game. The swearing isn't good but if your child has seen in planes trains and automobiles the swearing at the rent a car thing they should be alright. Also the violence isn't that bad it's like battlefield bad company and battlefield 2
Parent Written bycrazzyyman85 November 1, 2011

best shooter of 2011

First off, this game hasn't ceased to amaze since I started playing it. The graphics are superb and and the online multiplayer mode is an amazing experience. In terms of, the inapropriate language is the primary issue here. Although it isn't over the top, it is easy to come by in the single player campaign (Damn f--k and s--t). -- nothing more than the average 7th is exposed to in school everyday. violencwise, the game isn't that graphic (very little blood) but the violence is constant. anyone into the fps genre of games will love battlefield 3.
Parent Written bycraigjhonsinyoda99 November 18, 2011

gr8

the game is fine a standord video game for kids thats fun and enjoyable.
Parent Written byBest Reviews January 23, 2012

Best Reviews

Im a player on Battlefeild 3 and to be honset it has nothing wrong with it. Sure it says the F word a lot but its not like your kids aren't saying it at school or hearing it! I play a lot on online games and i enjoy it because i can have fun! When people say it encourages violence they are dead wrong! I have never wanted to go hurt or kill anything after playing it! and its a war simulator so no duh its going to have blood! thats like having a cooking games without the baking part! It has to be there because its a real life thing. Thank you.
Kid, 12 years old December 12, 2011

Multyplayer only.

This has more f--k then my dad says in the army. Just in the first cut-seen there is an f--k and s--t. You can get this for kids just turn off the voices and subtitles. And all the other reviews that i saw on this, i was very disappointed. I mean really they didn't even say theres a f--k in every single sentence.
Adult Written byTheotimus3 July 27, 2012

NOT FOR CHILDREN

Has a lot of inappropriate language, this game is definitely not for children!
Parent Written byCautiousmom12 March 21, 2012

No reason not to get it for your kid !

I am a mother and my 12 year old son wanted this game for his birthday, i was thinking about not getting him the game because of violence and other things but i realized it is actually a really fun looking game.This game is not strictly a first person shooter, it is also a flying game and a jet game. I think any boy asking for this game should be able so have it , there is not a large amount of blood and there is no gore.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytheaveragegamer November 9, 2011

a game and nothing else

it is obvious that any game with a mic is a danger zone for personal conversations. i also know that according to any parent you ask the internet consists of your child and a couple million pedophiles and murderers. i am an online gamer and can confirm that i have never yet met someone who has even asked for my personal information. the truth is that the internet consists of your child and a couple million other kids who think that everyone else is out to get them as well. what makes you think the same thing is less likely to happen on facebook. or in real life? this is a game which i personally think could really give a mature teenager some perspective into the lives of thousands of men protecting our country and others. this is definitely suitable for ages 12 and up. if they are mature and mentally sound that is. if you have aproblem with language there is a mute option. the singleplayer campaign is not very good and is not worth playing considering the thriving online community. nobody plays it unless they are bored.
Adult Written bycsi guy November 5, 2011

12+

This game has so little blood, and I've seen more in T rated games. The only thing that makes this game M is the fact that they use the F-Word a couple of times, but come on, there are 7 year olds who curse more than that on a daily basis. The only real worry is whether or not your kid will get desensitized to violence, and most kids over 12, will not
Parent Written byAlex forden September 10, 2012

A Great Game

I was very hesitant letting my son get any violent games, and as he was begging me, i decided to let him get battlefield, as all his friends had it, and he was now in high school. I was afraid it would be something like the violence i have seen in Call Of Duty, another Shooter series I have seen, But this has really surprised me. I have watched my son David play it, and It doesn't come across as suck a gritty shooter that it looks like,and certainly this website suggests. Firstly I was amazed a how good the landscape looks, and I was surprised that the makers of this game didn't spend that much time on the killing effects, which really impressed me as there is little to no blood. The game really gives the feel of teamwork and co-operation, rather than the feel that you're being chased and hunted, and the game is designed so you are more obliged to go around, capturing flags, and destroying enemy objectives, than wait around to kill some people, which ends up being very boring. My son only seems to play the multi-payer, rather than the single player side, and he says that it is a little more violent, which is probably why this website rated it so harshly, but it isn't really worth playing anyway, according to my son,and it sin't worth playing anyway. There is some swearing hat the Characters in the game manage to say, but this can be turned off in the menu, and it still isn't that much anyway. Overall, this game is extremely well designed, and my son plays allot, and loves it. this game, like all shooters have that level of violence just from the fact that there is shooting, but if you are sensitive to it, like i was a first, you just ignore it and go into another room. this shooter has been great as a first shooter game in this household, and it has proved to be allot less violent than allot of other shooters out there. I suggest this game as a first shooter game for any household if they are considering it, and it will help you to make a decision.
Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2011

Realistic and violent shooter is good, but might be too much.

I have not played much of this game, but I have knowledge that unlike call of duty, it is very gritty and realistic and depicts very real violence. The soldiers sometimes curse. The only educational value for your child is that your child will be informed on how horrible war is. If you want to keep your child's mind pure, I would say to not let them play it until they are 13. (please don't take me as an example i.e. oh, he's 11 so i can play it!) Thanks, your favorite zombie killer
Teen, 14 years old Written bybradend13 June 6, 2013

Amazing game, but language and some violence depending on how you play.

As a 14 year old that plays this game often, I would have to say that this is a game where you need to pause and know your child if he/ she is 13 or under. It does, in fact, have quite a bit of language, and almost constantly says F, S, both B's, and a few D's, but the in-game language can be muted or turned to French or other various languages. I, myself, do not play the single player, because it IS a bit past the violence meter for me, but the multiplayer, if you turn off the in-game speech, is more of a T-rated game. The violence is nothing worse than Uncharted, another T-rated game, or the Batman: Arkham games. When you shoot at someone, if you manage to hit, it is very quick and has no blood, unless they are lying down or against a wall, in which a small puddle can be seen. You can use a mic, but it is optional (I would recommend it, seeing as most of the other people who play it use little to no language). If the case happens where there is someone using foul language, you can easily mute the TV, because the objective information is displayed easily and obviously on the screen. Overall, it's a great game, and I would recommend it for ages 14+.
Adult Written byschwango November 5, 2011

Good Game

This game has absolutely no blood, and while the entire game is shooting, so is ghost recon, uncharted, and lost planet, all rated T. There is also some language, but nothing over the top or too constant. Over all just a good game for 11 year old's and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byultimategamereview March 15, 2013

Battlefield 3 content advisory

I am 13 years old and I think that Battlefield 3 is not for children. I f you are going to let your child play this make sure they are mature enough and accept it is only a game. I am now going to talk about some of the main problems with the game: VIOLENCE: 7/10 although it's not as bad as the Call Of Duty series it is still very graphic, when you shoot someone a mist of blood seems to engulf the character and puddles/splats are left on the floor and walls. The violence consists of armed combat: pistols, shotguns, rifles and blades. It also has interactive in-game cut scenes involving beating the enemy up or throwing them out of a moving train! LANGUAGE: 8/10 The language in this game is quite frankly, atrocious. Frequent use of the following words are in the game: MF, F & SH, son of a ****, a***h***, d**n, godd**n, c**p and h**l. MF 1/10 F 5/10 SH/CRAP 5/10 S O A B 2/10 AH 3/10 H**L 5/10 D**N/GODD**N 5/10. The spoken language however can be set to Russian/French/Italian or Spanish in the options menu - audio. You can also turn the subtitles off on the screen before audio, I think this is called visual or display :-). MULTIPLAYER: 7/10 Language and violence are still the same vehicles are now used though so you can run opponents over and blast them into oblivion with the tank, helicopter, plane, car, truck's guns. However online players can use microphones/headsets to talk this could be an issue due to how much they swear and sadly this part of multiplayer-online gaming can not be avoided. CAMPAIGN: 2/5: the story line for this game is rubbish and is quite frankly a waste of time due to it's competition from the multiplayer. If you aren't going to let your child play the multiplayer though I would say it is a fun part of the game to play. CO-OP: the co-op in this game is an online feature which forces players to co-operate with each other in order the complete the missions. I haven't really played this part much therefore couldn't tell you about it's content :-(. CONCLUSION: Battlefield 3 is a brilliant game for visuals, guns, destructible enviroments and with expansion packs for multiplayer being released all the time you will never really get bored with this game. For mature children of 11 1/2 at the least and teenagers 13-adult. I hope you found this review helpful, regards ULTIMATE GAME REVIEW
Teen, 14 years old Written byJake2 November 6, 2011

Too much cursing but a great game

The game's story, gameplay, and graphics are amazing its just the constant cursing by the soldiers. I mean cursing doesnt make the game any better.
Parent Written byChojun January 2, 2014

Awe-inspiring; language, intensity not for kids

This game is, as the official review stated, visually striking and an awe-inspiring experience. I disagree though that the game glorifies war. The game explores the consequences of war. At one point, the order is quickly but reluctantly given to shoot civilian police officers because they are about to unwittingly allow a potentially major tragedy. Much attention was given to the ins-and-outs of modern combat, and through the dialogue and mission objectives, the player will feel as if he's partaking in a genuine combat experience (although admittedly unrealistic in some respects, such as dog-fighting in modern aircraft). The enemy AI in this game is unrealistic as they cannot be suppressed, they take cover in ridiculous places, and 'know' where you are at any given time. The multi-player experience is immersive and intense but it can also be extraordinarily frustrating. This game is not for people who can't handle the stress of intense gaming experience without losing their temper. This game does not feature integrated voice chat support, so without 3rd party tools, players will not be able to chat with each-other. Unfortunately, the game is inferior to the Call of Duty franchise in that it does not allow you to turn profanity off. The single-player experience is rife with cursing (s--t, f--k, bitch, motherf----r, etc), although admittedly the language is in appropriate context in the intense, life-threatening combat (generally not directed at other people, but typically uttered in exclamation at danger, etc). In Multiplayer, in absence of voice chat, the game has other players shouting pre-defined phrases in certain situations, and these tend to be full of strong language (for example, here's your ammo; Watch out for that tank, he's a big f----r; oh f--k, a grenade! etc). All-in-all this is a very good game. The gameplay experience is not rife with bugs and glitches as was indicated in the review (I have the premium version). However, the intensity of the game combined with the strong language means it is definitely not for kids.
Parent Written bySolidGamer March 20, 2012

Good game, but watch out for language.

First of all, this game is great for any shooter fan. But be warned, there is intense language and violence throughout the game. The language CAN be turned off, so make sure your kid has it off at all times. The violence isn't too intense, but it is war. It isn't any worse then most T games, so it shouldn't be a problem if your child already plays action games. The blood isn't a problem either, there isn't much. The online players can also be an issue. You will usually find at least one a server/lobby, but you can mute them easily. Bottom line, I'd say its for kids 13+, but make sure you turn off the language.
Adult Written byZelaluver November 11, 2011