All parent member reviews for Battlefield 3

Parent Written byHonestrevier May 30, 2015

A Christian View Point!

I'm a mother of a 11 year old and he asked me for this game. so i decided to let him try it. If you are expecting battlefield 3 to be like call of duty STOP NOW! after I got this game for my son every time we talked about war he was more interested. Most of the gameplay is either flying, protecting a base, driving or flying. it is a very team based game. you need to THINK to come up with strategies. This game is not a brain numming first person shooter. The violence is very moderate their is no blood. you cant walk up to people and stab them in he back. The story has a good message its not pointless killing. Let your child ask and receive!
Parent of a 14 and 16 year old Written byB3rtm3n September 7, 2014

Battlefield 3 : not for young eyes

I am somewhat amazed about the fact that this game as a +16 rating on Origin and that parents of 12 year old children let them play this game. It seems that EA / Origin has more common sense than a lot of parents. You have books and movies for adults. I know kids, especially boys, are interested in the army and everything what comes with it. But there are games for adults too and this is one of them. Warfare is not a game. It is an adult theme. Especially with Battlefield which is everything about warfare and presenting it as realistic as possible but without the blood, dismembering and the horror which comes along with warfare in order to have more sales and avoid +18 rating. One of the most disappointing things in current games is that the name Jesus, Christ or God has to be used as a curse. Interesting to see that Christians in this world are being obliged to be tolerant to have the name of their God being used as a curse word which happen often in games like Battlefield, Call of Duty and Medal of Honor. The question remains if we want to have our kids remain kids or have their eyes see destruction at a young age. We have a say in the Netherlands; 'early ripening, early rotting'. Having kids to become adult too soon damages their adult life and behavior. It is better to have them wait until they reach an certain age and bring them in contact with such themes as presented in Battlefield. Concerning the game itself. As an adult, beside the swearing, it as a realistic approach but a great number of annoying bugs as well.
Parent Written byAmericanDad4646 November 20, 2012

Ok for kids

There is really nothing wrong with it. There is more violence in that game Worms.
Parent Written byLiketoWrite007 January 26, 2012

Parents: This is Worth your time

I reccomend this game for (MATURE) teens 12-13 years and UP. Not under, like the rating says.I think Battlefield is a really well-developed game, but I hate it when I tell my kids that they can't play a game because it has too muchg cursing in it. But after exploring the game, I found that you can actually turn the dialouge off. (Startutton while playing, Options, Volume, Diaologe, Off) That way, the kids can't hear it. My kids are old enough that blood and (a little) violence isn't reallly an issue, but since playing the game, my kids Social Studies grades have gone up. Recently, they had a test on wars in Social Studies and they scored perfectly. In Language Arts, they had to write a fictional story on a scary moment or place. They wrote on wars, though I made sure that they were school-appropriate. They both recived A+s. THey continue to do well in school. Obviously, if it becomes an issue, then you take the game away.
Adult Written byfullmetaljacko February 21, 2016

Poor game now...

Do not bother with this game. The multiplayer is so old you can not even play it anymore. The campaign is a boring slow paced engaging difficult ball of swearing
Adult Written byZenwarmaker Gaming December 30, 2015

Sum up

Battlefield 3 is a game where you fight terrorists as a U.S. Marine. This game is more based on guns not physical combat, but there is unskippable scenes where there are slow knife kills (Stomach and Neck). Also when someone is shot only blood effects are there, not seeping blood on the floor. There is a high use of profanity in this game ( it is a military game after all) and consists of almost all curse words and some odd combonations
Adult Written bykdsjfnf May 30, 2015

honest review...

This is battlefield 3. here is what i expected, blood gore, EXTREME violence, guts. Here is what I got! everyone got an experience like no other this game is truly based on teamwork it is the main aspect of this game. There are also tons of missions including, capturing bases, taking down enemy jets, and blowing up tanks. This game is not very violent (no knifing). This particular content is playable for ages 11-12.
Adult Written bykimaos May 30, 2015

What you should expect!

This is coming from a strong christian mom, Battlefield 3 is a very moderate game. the violence is 3/10 (unless you consider shooting planes violent) there is no gore or limbs flying off. this game was originally rated T but its violence was similar to halo so it moved too M. Its a teamwork based game it goes from capture the flag to king of the hill. The violence is noting to worry about you can turn off the barely visible blood if you want. the swearing is minimal only, crap, damn, hell. who doesn't hear that every day! this is one of the way, way, way, toned down games playable for anyone above 11. Thank you for reading this review!
Adult Written bypickoleslove April 22, 2015

this game is good but bad words!!!!!!!!!!!.

this game has bad language I mean bad this game has words like this f--k every 40sc and s--t every 2mns and bitch like every 10mns this game is not for any one under 15.
Adult Written byGoatNibbler622 December 2, 2014

Great Game

I just got this game for 5 bucks at game stop, and so far I love it. For parents that are concerned about the strong language, just ask you kid to mute the volume and turn off subtitles.
Parent Written byTheRealReviewNow April 9, 2014

The Real Review: Battlefield 3

Not that bad.. the bad part of this game is that blood in unable turn off but with the blood on the blood is hard to spot in the crazy explosions and gun fire.the game is suitable for ages 10&up
Educator and Parent of a 12 year old Written byLDonegan November 1, 2013

Good

The main reason M games shouldn't be allowed for children is because of sex. However, this game is all pure action and has not one bit of it. Blood is barely visible, unlike Call of Duty, and it does NOT stain the environment. If your child knows that it is wrong to kill in real life, then it isn't a problem, because it shouldn't give him ideas.
Parent Written byThe Dad and MoM September 25, 2013

battlefield 3

hello people this game is good because kids gotta learn that war may be fun on video games but its not in real life and thats good to teach them that when there in to the army.
Parent Written byN_Dad September 18, 2013

Bad language, so swap to another for younger ones.

If you switch the language to a foreign language that the kids don't understand then the game is suitable for kids smart enough to know that its just a game, and you shouldn't kill people in real life. Although very violent, it requires tactics to win.
Parent Written byTheSensibleOne August 11, 2013

10+

I have a 9 and 13 year old. I let my 9 year old play if either i am there, my other son or my wife. There is not much blood and gore online and there is not much swearing either. My 13 year old likes play campaign so I let him play whilst I watched. It is a really good game and I think that it is appropriate for a 10 year old. All in all I think it is a very good game
Parent Written byJohn Gibson May 11, 2013

Not bad... 13+ though

I think this game is great and violence isn't as bad as i thought and the language is bad, however if your kid hears bad words alot then they won't really be effected by this. Anyway common sense media said it was not for kids but it is better than cod in the less violence and blood section.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byMW3callofduty23 April 14, 2013

not for kids under 16

bloody to violent not for kids under 16 i would say call of duty 3
Parent Written bysam54321 December 19, 2012

Parents please read...

This game has minimal blood and does not need to be played with volume. A plus side is that there is a lot of vehicle fighting.[instead of with guns] This is a great alternative to the call of duty series. aka running around shooting people with no purpose. battlefield has objectives or purpose. also it is long range combat so you need to yous mil dots[mil dots are the lines/dots that you use to calculate gravity].
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTheManDad72 December 16, 2012

This Game Shows Teamwork & Strategy, Not Chop Chop Chop With An Axe!

I think this game is not what it should be rated. Here in Australia, it is rated R16, and that is because of the language, not violence. I bought my son this for christmas last year and have felt that the game isn't as bad is it is supposed to be. The only thing that sometimes concerns me is they use the F-Word quite a few times, but, DICE, the creators are announcing that they will include a button which will turn off bad language in the near future. Other games such as Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank have more blood and killing than this game, as they are rated R and PG. With bad language turned off, this game would be rated at the highest - R. The thing that parents should know about this game, is it isnt one of those games where you chop people's heads off with an axe or cut them open and watch them bleed, it is more focused on teamwork and strategy. My son has talked to a lot of people and they are nice guys, they dont ask him for personal information or anything like that, one time, my son was walking on foot, then a man joins his squad and flies the helicopter down near him and asks him if he needs a lift. Also, the landscape is outstanding. The grass looks realistic as does the backgrounds and skies. And, the maps are focused also on maps in real life, like the Gulf Of Oman and Sharqi Peninsula, and even the Grand Bazaar. If you think this game is a violent shooter when you just chop peoples heads off, next time your kid asks to play it, come in and watch while they are talking to people, watch the teamwork. I think this game should be rated R at the highest because there are guns and shooting, but this game is focused on 100% teamwork, as Call Of Duty is focused on blasting the absolute heck out of people. So I reckon this game is a worth buy, and is also educational, it teaches kids what soldiers have to do in real life and shows kids how much the Military, Air Force and Navy Men are heros.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byjoe bosh November 3, 2012

No Blood or Gore, it was perfect for my 13yr old son!

I bought this game for my 13 year old son for his birthday and he loved it, i've seen him play and we all thought that it had no blood or gore and i've seen games that are rated T (T=teen) what have more blood than this game. i recommend this game for 13 or older boys/girls