All member reviews for Battlefield 4

Teen, 17 years old Written byisaacrocks10 November 8, 2013

really good game

dont just go away because this review is by a teen. this game is really good.i think it should be for 11 year olds. there is a fair bit of swearing in the campaign but u can turn the sound down. the only other thing that is bad about this game is the online. if you have a mic then you and random people can talk. there is probably going to be swearing online. but your kids probably her more swearing at middle school/high school. great maps . they are huge. a really good destruction environment. buildings crash to the ground. by far the best first person shooter yet. i think it will go farther then call of duty ghosts.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCaptain_SkyWolf November 12, 2013

Amaing game

first off i am 14 years old. i convinced my mom to get me Battlefield 3, and i tell you, it teaches kid and adults about the war of tomorrow. the multiplayer is AMAZING and is a must buy! the multiplayer uses teamwork, and strategical interactions. battlefield 4 puts you in the role of a soldier, positioned in china. the campaign is amazing and teaches you ALOT about war and violence. the Multiplayer is fun, exciting and heart pounding because enemies can come out from anywhere. in multiplayer you can use Levolution to help pin down your enemies and or kill them. overall Battlefield 4 is Amazing and teaches kids about the wars of tomorrow.
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2013

Epic!!!!!!!!!!!

"Well they cuss the whole game and the game is violent" , well it's a war game.But the graphics are beautiful and the story is good. Just ignore all the cussing and blood and you'll love it!
Kid, 12 years old November 2, 2013

GOOD but a little bloody

this game is really good has amazing graphics but...There is a part whe a guy gets leg cut off but it does show people the heroism of these soldiers and their daily life.
Teen, 17 years old Written bygamerkid789 November 8, 2013

10 and up

very very very good game, kids might find it fun to blow up some stuff.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywillman72 November 28, 2013

lots of swearing

now the violence of this game is nothing but the swearing is a different story as a high number of f**k and s**t are used in this game even in multiplayer but all characters are easy to relate to and the story was great
Teen, 13 years old Written bygamerkid123 November 29, 2013

perfectly fine

little bit of blood... Amazing game!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFMAgeek December 18, 2013

Fantastic Game for 12+...

Battlefield 4, is an amazing game first off. I think that this game is ok because it shows how you can really actually appreciate the soldiers fighting for your lives - which is very humbling actually, language: first off, you are able to turn off language, or also mute the TV., and I mean look around you people on a daily basis are cussing left and right, another thing for you parents out there, is: that you could make a contract with your kid and have them sign it stating that your if your child is to hit, cuss... etc. then you are allowed to take the game away, violence - blood, compared to other games this has nothing + you can turn it off! (Blood is fake in these btw)+ (if you let your kids watch the news there pretty much the same, Look I know that you’re probably thinking that you don't want your child playing this, but at the end of the day how many stories on the news do you hear about a kid that has played Grand Theft Auto 5 that just stole a car, went on a rampage, and killed a bunch of people... I mean honestly parents shouldn't go pointing fingers straight at video games, because it’s actually the parents fault for letting their child do these things because they were the ones who were supposed to teach their kids right from wrong. Thanks, FMAGEEK
Teen, 17 years old Written byGamerevier December 28, 2013

Amazing multiplayer gameplay!

Everything is ok exept for the language which your kid will hear in middle school and the violence which hardly has any blood.
Teen, 14 years old Written byYoDood December 27, 2013

Don't see the big deal about it

IT's a really good game with amazing graphics and a pretty good storyline (although the MP is so much more baws). My parents were skeptical about it, and still are, but I think that it is a great game that teaches kids about teamwork and hand 2 eye coordination. Just be a little careful with younger kids in the room, because the SP has some cursing(although you probably hear more cursing in your middle/high school). Parents are making too much of a big deal about it. Video games don't mess kids up, they're just fun.
Kid, 11 years old January 4, 2014

The Ultimate Truth About Battlefield 4

well,I just brought this game and I think this one of the best games I've played. There is only a little bit of blood which you just have to ignore ( the level of blood that you'll find in a 12A rated movie ) but the thing you have to watch out for is the language. most of it is f**k and s**t. That is the only bad thing about it but even I hear more bad language at secondary/high school. Mulitplayer is fine and very fun with a hole destructive environment around you,you can do practically anything Thanks for reading my review.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySirSubby February 4, 2015

Fantastic game, but I will admit, is violent.

This is one of my favorite shooters out right now, and I love playing it. From about 10 hours of playing the campaign and multiplayer, I've noticed some things. The campaign- I will admit, the game earns its M rating because of the campaign, because I'm telling you, the language is insane in the campaign. The soldiers swear everywhere, from mission briefings, to full scale battles. The violence isn't so bad, your typical shoot the bad guys violence, nothing to serious. So if your child is younger, don't let them play the campaign. It's gretty, and isn't even that good. The multiplayer- The multiplayer is what really makes this game violent. The games new engine, frostbite 3, allows almost the entire environment to be destructible . You can flood cities and destroy your environment to gain a tactical advantage. You can't do that in call of duty. The battles require a strategy and communication with your team. Your team will need to work together in order to win. There is hardly any language in the multiplayer, but soldiers do occasionally swear when they are about to be blown to bits by a grenade, but its hard to understand what they're saying. The violence isn't so bad, it's the same shoot the bad guy stuff, and again, you can destroy buildings. That's awesome. So hopefully this long review helped you decide if this game is appropriate for your kid. It's really up to you.
Kid, 9 years old January 21, 2015

LEARNING

Bad words are good and bad

Well, Bad words are socially acceptable if your hurt or in battle but are not if your saying them at the grocery store or at school and violence kids are smart to know violence=Bad so shut up!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydroopydog5 January 8, 2015

Gore and Language

When you melee someone it makes a brutal death scene of you like stabbing their hearts or slicing their neck. The language is high on this as well for Campaign. Multiplayer just watch out for those mic teens swearing.
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2014

Epic Game!

This is an amazing game on Xbox One. The graphics, oh my god. They're just amazing. I RARELY play Campaign, that's where most of the language comes from. I mostly play Multi-Player, there's rarely anybody talking. The only really way of talking (~IF I REMEMBER~) is there's voice commands. Like, 'Run!'. The multi-player is for kids at least 11-12. The campaign I'd say it's for 12-14+.
Kid, 10 years old November 16, 2014

LEARNING

Violent but can teach a valuable lesson

While this is a very very violent game it can actually teach a lesson to your children. At the end if the campaign is where this lesson lies. It teaches that sometimes you have to do stuff you dont want to do like for example school. If you dont want your child listening to cussing in the campaign then if you have internet connection, a playsation network account or xbox live account the they could play multiplayer which doesnt cuss doesnt have much blood and is really fun. If your son or daughter is beggin you to be able to play this game i suggest letting them because if all their friends were playing this and you said no you cant play it that would hurt them more than this game would if it mentally hurt them at all. Ive been playing this game for almost a year now and i dont have any thoughts of murder.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 13, 2014

Extremely cool!

ESRB rated it M but if you are 15 or 16 you can play it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybillybob8810 September 24, 2014

LEARNING

This game is great but just keep this in mind...

I have been a Battlefield fan for a while now and when I played this, I was blown away by graphics, gameplay and quality. Here in Australia the game is rated MA 15+, but I could recommend this game to 12 year olds and up. The campaign has lots of profanity throughout the game and in cutscenes. The game comes with 2 disks and if you don't want your child to be exposed to all this swearing then you can take away the 2nd disk (campaign) and give it back when you think that they are old enough. The multiplayer experience is immersive and is extremely competitive. If you turn off VOIP (Voice Over Internet-Protocol), then people who talk on this will be 'muted' until you turn it back on. During multiplayer, you will be exposed to swearing but this is very little. This swearing is a voiceover from your 'commanding officer' who is encouraging you and notifying you with events throughout the game. This pretty much wraps up my review and if you have any queries search up some gameplay on youtube.
Kid, 11 years old September 9, 2014

Worse than CoD

Everyone thinks that cod is really bad, but it's not as bad as the BATTLEFIELD games. It has exceptional graphics, but a heck of a lot of swearing and, at some times, gory violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHarvster5 September 3, 2014

Good Game. Yet again, keep on the Multiplayer.

If this game only had multiplayer this would be 12+. The Campaign, like all shooter games. Are where the bad stuff is at, this campaign has the most bad language I have ever heard in a video game next to GTA. But for kids. Go onto multiplayer.