All member reviews for Battlefield 4

Teen, 13 years old Written byiwouldtrustme13 August 28, 2014

iwouldtrustme12

another shooter game and its the closest thing to reality thats out there campaign has some strong language but the mulitiplayer has nothing wrong with it
Teen, 14 years old Written byAdventureTimeFan1234 July 30, 2014

LEARNING

A fun romp in the world of a soldier.

The first thing you should know about Battlefield 4 is that it's fun. Anyone who received this as a gift or buys it themselves is getting their money's worth and then some. It is a first person shooter that instead of other franchises, gives the player the unique ability to destroy things in their environment. And in the online multiplayer, cooperate and strategically make decisions with teammates to reach goals. But more on that later. I bet what any parent is wondering is "is this game too BAD for my kid?" Well while, the game does definitely merit an M rating, it's not because of it's alleged violence. Anyone 13 or up will be able to accept what they are seeing on screen as fictional violence that does not apply to real life. The one thing that continually bothered me during my play through of the single player campaign was the swearing. Not over used but they don't go light when they do use it. The game never really displays swearing or violence for the sake of swearing and violence and is very self aware in that respect. One instance in the beginning is when you are driving down a road in a keep with your whole squad packed in. All of a sudden an attack helicopter banks into view from behind a nearby mountain and after some exiting chasing, your squad mate hands you a grenade launcher and tells you to "BURN THAT MOTHER F****R!" The chopper swoops low and with a squeeze of the trigger, your foe is reduced to a pile of ash. It's quite exiting and an adrenaline rush for all who experience it. But this is only half of a two sided coin. While the games single player is where most of the offenses can be found, the multiplayer simply lacks the fidelity to harbor any of the same intense cinematic qualities that enhance the realism of the single player. When an enemy soldier is downed those looking for it will notice a fairly discreet and short times blood splatter. You can use a combat knife on an enemy which triggers a short animation of you looking front seeing your characters hands drive the blade into an unlucky guys torso a couple times but this isn't even accompanied by any blood at all and the animation is short lived and doesn't stick with the player afterwards. The multiplayer is the star of the show though. Players can get together with up to 4 other friends (or strangers) in a squad that is in a team of 32 people in all. Friends can have fun coordinating infantry assaults backed by a tank while being covered by a sniper from many meters away all while a friend or for might be sending mortar shells down on that location. It's a formula that makes EVERY match a hectic adventure and a story of it's own.
Teen, 14 years old Written bythe buttmuffin June 17, 2014

LEARNING

Not much that you can't avoid

First off let me say that almost everything bad in this game can be turned off I.e language by turning the language to polish Spainish russian etc. The gore is clpse to none except a beginning scene. There is blood splatter on the screen to show your health.When people die a pool of blood forms beneath them. If you choose not to turn the voiceover language the f word is heard often in single player and occasionally in multiplayer (my friend has yet to hear this in MP and has had it for months).The voiceover language change DOES NOT protect from chat. In chat people who do talk (which are few people) can and usually will drop the f bomb often but they can be muted.If you do not trust your child you can change provacy settings in the xbox settings to mute all players your child is not friends with.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDeF4ck June 8, 2014

BEST GAME YOU CAN GET

PEGI overate their ratings because how can this be an 18!? quite a bit of violence and a bit of swearing.... so what!? you see more swearing and violence outside than in-game! i have played all the bf's and they are not that bad. dont trust PEGI... theyll just screw you over. just play the game and if you are not happy, dont let ur kid play it... easy as that. well worth the 20 bucks...
Kid, 10 years old May 15, 2014

LEARNING

It is a good game for people that don't copy the bad things.

It is an OK game. I love it!!!! But beware that some kids maybe even your kids can copy the gore and violence. I am a 11 year old kid. I play this game but do not copy the bad things. Have FUN WITH THIS Fun Game. LOL. Just beware of too much swearing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJuniorJester April 21, 2014

LEARNING

This game's violence is a joke compared to Call of Duty

Come on! When you shoot your enemies their arm,leg or head don't even exploded like in Call of Duty! Don't worry about violence dear parents. But watch out for Premium and DLCs
Kid, 11 years old April 20, 2014

Be Careful

It all depends on wether your child is mature enough to handle the game itself. If he/she runs around at school the next day stabbing everyone with a pencil pretending to steal dog tags, rethink your decision. The game is great, don't get me wrong, but I would suggest previous experiences with shooters and/or violent games in general to make sure it does not change how he/she would normally act. The swearing is fine as long as they don't end up swearing themselves. If your child is mature enough to handle the intensity of the combat, then go right ahead.
Kid, 12 years old March 16, 2014

LEARNING

Nice game, glitchy as sh** though

As you may or May not know I do personally play this game and I find it highly rated over the top. It deserves an M rating, but they go and give it a R16. With levolution the multiplayer is really something else, especially on next gen and pc. Unfortunately the campaign isn't the same. It hasn't got the standards of the multiplayer by far so I think skipping it, isn't a huge loss. On another note DICE really needs to fix the game. There are countless bugs. Premium is worth it. But here's the thing. Everyone says 'it's such a bad thing, it doesn't teach you anything!' But that isn't true, it has a since of teamwork, especially with the squads system. And bullet drop exists, making it harder for those long range sniper shots, where you have to worry about zeroing to add a sense of realism to the game. Over all it has a little blood here and there, but nothing someone over 12 or 13 can handle, it's a good fps, but don't get it on ps3 or xbox 360
Teen, 14 years old Written bymonkeyman14416 February 20, 2014

Trust me!

First I will start off with the Campaign. The campaign contains swearing and violence, duhh.. its nothing a middle schooler or a 5th grader cant handle. BUT your kid doesn't want the game because of the campaign, but for the multiplayer. Thats what bf4 is all about. If you think the ability to talk to other people is a problem, theres almost never someone in the lobby your in thats talking. theres ways to fix that so you cant hear anyone.... So! i hope this helped! LET YOUR KID GET THE GAME :D
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover7271 February 9, 2014

Really good

Battlefield 4 is here and overrules call of duty ghosts in every way. The campaign is bloody and profane but nothing a teen hasn't experienced in movies or other games. Muting out other random players in online multiplayer is suggested! Otherwise, most of the multiplayer maps are good and it is a fun challenge for gamers. I'm 12 and play it but I'm mature enough, in general it is best for ages 14+
Teen, 14 years old Written byMintyFresh February 4, 2014

Coming from a 13 year old's view on it

This game has a campaign (Single Player) full of cursing and violence that includes a somewhat short torture scene, but one of the characters, Pac, isn't a bad role model. He's pretty clean. The multiplayer is fantastic fun with no cursing or gore, unless you're chatting with people who like to curse, but you can easily mute annoyances. Since I mostly play with a couple friends, this isn't a problem for me. There's a lot of competition and a huge learning curve for the multiplayer, especially piloting choppers and jets, so don't be surprised if there is some frustration for your kid. The whole MP system is different from most games and has a metric ton of replay value. Good for kids over 12.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMovieboy321 February 3, 2014

LEARNING

Although frequent language and blood does not mean this game is one of a kind of some kids learning skills

Still most military games has blood violence and guns but in the campaign Irish and all the characters stand up for each other and work as a team to stop the Chinese from invading our country players use a ton or guns and gadgets to blow up tanks or trucks players can ride trucks tanks dirt bikes And there were a few exceptions a soldier gets his leg crushed by a rock and the player is force to cut the leg off but only blood is seen because the pants are covering the wound and once again multiplayer is a concern by talking to strangers language is f*ck sh*t c*ck or bastard or son of a bitch for example but overall this game is very fun and okay for some children.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDeadguy432 January 19, 2014

EPPPIIICCC

This game has a lot of swearing much like the previous installments,but I think kids hear worse things at school! The violence isn't a problem since nowadays guns and blood are normal. The graphics are EPIC and the multi player just rocks. The environment is great, you can blow up cars and buildings, and if your kid is allowed to play for at least 4hrs a day he/she will definitely experience those "only in battlefield 4" moments and they are just awesome. So buy it to your child without any worries!!
Kid, 12 years old January 11, 2014

Great Game.

This game is a masterpiece! A truly remarkable multiplayer experience. If you are worried about the language, then don't play the singleplayer campaign, your not missing much. The real focus on the Battlefield Series is the multiplayer. There is no blood or gore I have encountered and the world design is truly beautiful. If your kid can understand that this is just a game and not real life, then you should be fine.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypopstino January 11, 2014

Great game, for mature players.

I'm a fifteen year old boy and all of my friends have been playing M rated games since they were in 6th grade. I'm a 10th grader now and this is my first M game ever. Now there are some very good messages in the campaign past all of the swearing. The main characters REALLY do care about each other. Now the campaign does have swearing and violence (of course) but it is a great one. The multiplayer is fantastic. I for one have not heard a single swear word. THE BOTTOM LINE IS: If you can look past the swearing (in the campaign) the game overall is not very graphic violence wise. A great game but for mature kids.
Kid, 10 years old January 10, 2014

AWESOMETACULAR game may have issues but still a good game

well i have a lot to say. there is a bit of concern of violence and language. well let me get this straight well duh it has a lot of violence but what do you expect its called battlefield not kittens on rainbows :the game. also there is a lot of cursing but wouldn't you curse in the battlefield.also my positive role model and positive message thing is the character Irish this is because when thousand of civilians about to die he takes them to safety and this character wants nothing to do with the war.now to my concern about privacy and safety. now on Xbox live gold allows you to play with you friends and other players. one of the perks to the thing is that you to talk to anyone while in the game. your child may say something that's personal on this chat feature. now on to the verdict. This is an amazing game with a good story,good characters,graphics, and multiplayer over all this game is... awesometacular!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySouthoftheBear January 5, 2014

Fun But Violent

Overall, Battlefield 4 is a graphic, violent first person shooter with quite a bit of language. The Campaign is full of blood and profanity, but is not centered around complete murder. The game has much strategy and puts an emphasis on teamwork, but may have an excess of language for some players. The members of your squad during the campaign are also fairly good role models, by refusing to leave trapped Marines behind to drown. Multiplayer is a different story. Nearly every gamemode requires massive amounts of strategy with the option of working with a small squad to succeed. Although there is blood, there is usually so much going on that it's not like your kid would have time to stop and stare at it. Even though blood isn't much of an issue, the game would still be better for young teens and up becuase of focus and strategy. It is a very fun game, but parents should be careful.