All member reviews for Battlefield 4

Teen, 14 years old Written byAdventureTimeFan1234 July 30, 2014

LEARNING

A fun romp in the world of a soldier.

The first thing you should know about Battlefield 4 is that it's fun. Anyone who received this as a gift or buys it themselves is getting their money's worth and then some. It is a first person shooter that instead of other franchises, gives the player the unique ability to destroy things in their environment. And in the online multiplayer, cooperate and strategically make decisions with teammates to reach goals. But more on that later. I bet what any parent is wondering is "is this game too BAD for my kid?" Well while, the game does definitely merit an M rating, it's not because of it's alleged violence. Anyone 13 or up will be able to accept what they are seeing on screen as fictional violence that does not apply to real life. The one thing that continually bothered me during my play through of the single player campaign was the swearing. Not over used but they don't go light when they do use it. The game never really displays swearing or violence for the sake of swearing and violence and is very self aware in that respect. One instance in the beginning is when you are driving down a road in a keep with your whole squad packed in. All of a sudden an attack helicopter banks into view from behind a nearby mountain and after some exiting chasing, your squad mate hands you a grenade launcher and tells you to "BURN THAT MOTHER F****R!" The chopper swoops low and with a squeeze of the trigger, your foe is reduced to a pile of ash. It's quite exiting and an adrenaline rush for all who experience it. But this is only half of a two sided coin. While the games single player is where most of the offenses can be found, the multiplayer simply lacks the fidelity to harbor any of the same intense cinematic qualities that enhance the realism of the single player. When an enemy soldier is downed those looking for it will notice a fairly discreet and short times blood splatter. You can use a combat knife on an enemy which triggers a short animation of you looking front seeing your characters hands drive the blade into an unlucky guys torso a couple times but this isn't even accompanied by any blood at all and the animation is short lived and doesn't stick with the player afterwards. The multiplayer is the star of the show though. Players can get together with up to 4 other friends (or strangers) in a squad that is in a team of 32 people in all. Friends can have fun coordinating infantry assaults backed by a tank while being covered by a sniper from many meters away all while a friend or for might be sending mortar shells down on that location. It's a formula that makes EVERY match a hectic adventure and a story of it's own.
Teen, 17 years old Written byGamerevier December 28, 2013

Amazing multiplayer gameplay!

Everything is ok exept for the language which your kid will hear in middle school and the violence which hardly has any blood.
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2015

LEARNING

Not at all what common sense describes

This game is good for kids 11 and up. Yes, there is a little bit of blood on the screen when you die, but it teaches kids what the military is like. It is not as bad as COD Black Ops II or Farcry 4. All it has is a little blood and violence. SO LET YOUR KID PLAY IT. PERIOD
Teen, 16 years old Written byreviewer1670 July 22, 2015

LEARNING
This game is annoying because of the aggression of other players. The massive amount of players in the game means that the normal amount of aggression continually gets higher and higher to the point where it's arguably unplayable. That's not to say there should be no challenge, but the players shouldn't be so aggressive and exploitive it's ridiculous. Also, the message in this game isn't the greatest either, it's just saying that problems should be solved with war and violence rather than negotiation and other peaceful methods.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMalik Saad Nawaz July 16, 2015

Great.Really Suggested for Gamers....above 14

This is a awesome n' great game !!!! there are so many vehicles like jets, tanks , helicopters , jeeps etc. There is a lot of blood. There is not to much language in the multiplayer mode. But the campaign is full of language like f** and s**t as well as bitch n' bastard. But this game is highly recommended for gamers aged 16 or above.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGamer345 July 11, 2015

Battlefield 4 is for kids

A great videogame that every teenage gamer should try just like I did.My mom didn't stopped me from playing it.I got this videogame along with a PS 3 on my 13th birthday. I was so happy to get this videogame.I completed the story mode 2 times just in 1 month and started playing online and online was more awesome.I don't know why PEGI rated it 18.ESRB is stupid they always make h@ll and give awesome games a M rating and that s@cks.All there in the game is Violence and Profanity. Violence believe me it is not on the extreme level and can be handled by a 13 year old easily. Profanity hmmm....that includes the use of f@@k and sh@t as well as d@ck and do you know that a high school student listen these words a lot.I am in 9th grade and I always hear girls and boys using words like f@@k sh@t b@tch b@@tard and d@ck etc etc.So through my point of view this game is awesome and teens should try it.I don't suggest this game to some one under the age of 13.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMalik1Saad2 July 7, 2015

AMAZING!!!!!

Intense Violence. Bad language. Drinking and Smoking. If you can handle Battlefield 3 and Crysis 3,You can also handle it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDestiny Extremist June 16, 2015

Little Iffy But Good for mature 11 year olds and up

The Gore and langauge is only in campaign. And drug references. Intense Violence and Blood is in Multiplayer. When you shoot someone, its a chance blood will come out. The bloody screen isn't that bad. Call Of Duty Advanced Warfares bloody screen deserves its M Rating, even with paintball mode on. The bloody screen just looks like someone splashed some dark red paint. Destiny's bloody screen is worse than this. Blood splashes on your screen in the middle. You can hear your heartbeat. Just dont play the campaign and it should be rated a medium Teen.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySilentranger April 5, 2015

LEARNING

An interesting game to review in my opinion...

Overall, I think the campaign should be for very mature or wary 15 year olds, and the multiplayer is appropriate for 13 year olds. Read on for more specific details. CAMPAIGN: If your child doesn't understand that swearing is unacceptable, the campaign is already out of the picture. However, even if they do understand that swearing is unacceptable, the campaign might still be a no-go. There are many psychological elements in the campaign, including but not limited to leaving navy men to drown due to a squadron leader's orders, and watching team members die. One member right off the bat had to cut off his own leg to survive an injury, only to meet his death soon after in a car crash. However, when understood and interpreted correctly, there are some beneficial themes in the campaign. MULTIPLAYER: All interactions with other players can be completely shut off by a simple press of the "H" key, or by using the in-game menu. Into the gameplay itself, make sure your child doesn't think they are shooting at real people, and then you're good to go! Multiplayer in Battlefield 4 is fast-paced and very fun. To me, it's just a great, healthy competition environment. I have NEVER, throughout my whole 50 hours of playing Battlefield 4, heard any swear words through the in-game voice chat, so you don't need to worry about that, just the text chat (which again can be hidden by pressing the "H" button on the keyboard) Overall, I think the campaign should be for very mature or wary 15 year olds, and the multiplayer is appropriate for 13 year olds
Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2015

Reply to cjw's review

Campaign is gory, but multiplayer is ok. Multiplayer contains little blood. If you can understand the difference between right and wrong, this game should be ok for appropriate ages. Anyways, there was this one review I read whose writer had cjw in his/her username. Don't just ignore my reviews because I'm 12. The singleplayer game is bad, but you can easily mute other players (such as going on their account name on the scoreboard and pressing x on Xbox) but of course, you didn't know that. You can also turn off your tv's volume (but of course, you didn't think of that). This way, if someone on multiplayer says something inappropriate, you won't hear it. This game has a lot less blood in multiplayer and has no sexual themes whatsoever. This review is coming from a kid who has been playing this game for a year and a half now.
Teen, 13 years old Written byArmed penguin March 12, 2015

Outstanding multiplayer

Outstanding multiplayer, but really violent and not much to learn. Good thing to play for lazy entertainment, though. Lots of fun. Also lots of language in campaign.
Kid, 9 years old January 21, 2015

LEARNING

Bad words are good and bad

Well, Bad words are socially acceptable if your hurt or in battle but are not if your saying them at the grocery store or at school and violence kids are smart to know violence=Bad so shut up!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydroopydog5 January 8, 2015

Gore and Language

When you melee someone it makes a brutal death scene of you like stabbing their hearts or slicing their neck. The language is high on this as well for Campaign. Multiplayer just watch out for those mic teens swearing.
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2014

Epic Game!

This is an amazing game on Xbox One. The graphics, oh my god. They're just amazing. I RARELY play Campaign, that's where most of the language comes from. I mostly play Multi-Player, there's rarely anybody talking. The only really way of talking (~IF I REMEMBER~) is there's voice commands. Like, 'Run!'. The multi-player is for kids at least 11-12. The campaign I'd say it's for 12-14+.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 13, 2014

Extremely cool!

ESRB rated it M but if you are 15 or 16 you can play it.
Kid, 10 years old May 15, 2014

LEARNING

It is a good game for people that don't copy the bad things.

It is an OK game. I love it!!!! But beware that some kids maybe even your kids can copy the gore and violence. I am a 11 year old kid. I play this game but do not copy the bad things. Have FUN WITH THIS Fun Game. LOL. Just beware of too much swearing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJuniorJester April 21, 2014

LEARNING

This game's violence is a joke compared to Call of Duty

Come on! When you shoot your enemies their arm,leg or head don't even exploded like in Call of Duty! Don't worry about violence dear parents. But watch out for Premium and DLCs
Kid, 11 years old April 20, 2014

Be Careful

It all depends on wether your child is mature enough to handle the game itself. If he/she runs around at school the next day stabbing everyone with a pencil pretending to steal dog tags, rethink your decision. The game is great, don't get me wrong, but I would suggest previous experiences with shooters and/or violent games in general to make sure it does not change how he/she would normally act. The swearing is fine as long as they don't end up swearing themselves. If your child is mature enough to handle the intensity of the combat, then go right ahead.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover7271 February 9, 2014

Really good

Battlefield 4 is here and overrules call of duty ghosts in every way. The campaign is bloody and profane but nothing a teen hasn't experienced in movies or other games. Muting out other random players in online multiplayer is suggested! Otherwise, most of the multiplayer maps are good and it is a fun challenge for gamers. I'm 12 and play it but I'm mature enough, in general it is best for ages 14+
Teen, 14 years old Written byMintyFresh February 4, 2014

Coming from a 13 year old's view on it

This game has a campaign (Single Player) full of cursing and violence that includes a somewhat short torture scene, but one of the characters, Pac, isn't a bad role model. He's pretty clean. The multiplayer is fantastic fun with no cursing or gore, unless you're chatting with people who like to curse, but you can easily mute annoyances. Since I mostly play with a couple friends, this isn't a problem for me. There's a lot of competition and a huge learning curve for the multiplayer, especially piloting choppers and jets, so don't be surprised if there is some frustration for your kid. The whole MP system is different from most games and has a metric ton of replay value. Good for kids over 12.