All member reviews for Battlefield 4

Teen, 17 years old Written byisaacrocks10 November 8, 2013

really good game

dont just go away because this review is by a teen. this game is really good.i think it should be for 11 year olds. there is a fair bit of swearing in the campaign but u can turn the sound down. the only other thing that is bad about this game is the online. if you have a mic then you and random people can talk. there is probably going to be swearing online. but your kids probably her more swearing at middle school/high school. great maps . they are huge. a really good destruction environment. buildings crash to the ground. by far the best first person shooter yet. i think it will go farther then call of duty ghosts.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFMAgeek December 18, 2013

Fantastic Game for 12+...

Battlefield 4, is an amazing game first off. I think that this game is ok because it shows how you can really actually appreciate the soldiers fighting for your lives - which is very humbling actually, language: first off, you are able to turn off language, or also mute the TV., and I mean look around you people on a daily basis are cussing left and right, another thing for you parents out there, is: that you could make a contract with your kid and have them sign it stating that your if your child is to hit, cuss... etc. then you are allowed to take the game away, violence - blood, compared to other games this has nothing + you can turn it off! (Blood is fake in these btw)+ (if you let your kids watch the news there pretty much the same, Look I know that you’re probably thinking that you don't want your child playing this, but at the end of the day how many stories on the news do you hear about a kid that has played Grand Theft Auto 5 that just stole a car, went on a rampage, and killed a bunch of people... I mean honestly parents shouldn't go pointing fingers straight at video games, because it’s actually the parents fault for letting their child do these things because they were the ones who were supposed to teach their kids right from wrong. Thanks, FMAGEEK
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2013

Epic!!!!!!!!!!!

"Well they cuss the whole game and the game is violent" , well it's a war game.But the graphics are beautiful and the story is good. Just ignore all the cussing and blood and you'll love it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byCaptain_SkyWolf November 12, 2013

Amaing game

first off i am 14 years old. i convinced my mom to get me Battlefield 3, and i tell you, it teaches kid and adults about the war of tomorrow. the multiplayer is AMAZING and is a must buy! the multiplayer uses teamwork, and strategical interactions. battlefield 4 puts you in the role of a soldier, positioned in china. the campaign is amazing and teaches you ALOT about war and violence. the Multiplayer is fun, exciting and heart pounding because enemies can come out from anywhere. in multiplayer you can use Levolution to help pin down your enemies and or kill them. overall Battlefield 4 is Amazing and teaches kids about the wars of tomorrow.
Kid, 12 years old November 2, 2013

GOOD but a little bloody

this game is really good has amazing graphics but...There is a part whe a guy gets leg cut off but it does show people the heroism of these soldiers and their daily life.
Kid, 11 years old January 4, 2014

The Ultimate Truth About Battlefield 4

well,I just brought this game and I think this one of the best games I've played. There is only a little bit of blood which you just have to ignore ( the level of blood that you'll find in a 12A rated movie ) but the thing you have to watch out for is the language. most of it is f**k and s**t. That is the only bad thing about it but even I hear more bad language at secondary/high school. Mulitplayer is fine and very fun with a hole destructive environment around you,you can do practically anything Thanks for reading my review.
Teen, 14 years old Written byYoDood December 27, 2013

Don't see the big deal about it

IT's a really good game with amazing graphics and a pretty good storyline (although the MP is so much more baws). My parents were skeptical about it, and still are, but I think that it is a great game that teaches kids about teamwork and hand 2 eye coordination. Just be a little careful with younger kids in the room, because the SP has some cursing(although you probably hear more cursing in your middle/high school). Parents are making too much of a big deal about it. Video games don't mess kids up, they're just fun.
Kid, 10 years old January 10, 2014

AWESOMETACULAR game may have issues but still a good game

well i have a lot to say. there is a bit of concern of violence and language. well let me get this straight well duh it has a lot of violence but what do you expect its called battlefield not kittens on rainbows :the game. also there is a lot of cursing but wouldn't you curse in the battlefield.also my positive role model and positive message thing is the character Irish this is because when thousand of civilians about to die he takes them to safety and this character wants nothing to do with the war.now to my concern about privacy and safety. now on Xbox live gold allows you to play with you friends and other players. one of the perks to the thing is that you to talk to anyone while in the game. your child may say something that's personal on this chat feature. now on to the verdict. This is an amazing game with a good story,good characters,graphics, and multiplayer over all this game is... awesometacular!
Teen, 17 years old Written bygamerkid789 November 8, 2013

10 and up

very very very good game, kids might find it fun to blow up some stuff.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySouthoftheBear January 5, 2014

Fun But Violent

Overall, Battlefield 4 is a graphic, violent first person shooter with quite a bit of language. The Campaign is full of blood and profanity, but is not centered around complete murder. The game has much strategy and puts an emphasis on teamwork, but may have an excess of language for some players. The members of your squad during the campaign are also fairly good role models, by refusing to leave trapped Marines behind to drown. Multiplayer is a different story. Nearly every gamemode requires massive amounts of strategy with the option of working with a small squad to succeed. Although there is blood, there is usually so much going on that it's not like your kid would have time to stop and stare at it. Even though blood isn't much of an issue, the game would still be better for young teens and up becuase of focus and strategy. It is a very fun game, but parents should be careful.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygamerkid123 November 29, 2013

perfectly fine

little bit of blood... Amazing game!
Teen, 16 years old Written bywillman72 November 28, 2013

lots of swearing

now the violence of this game is nothing but the swearing is a different story as a high number of f**k and s**t are used in this game even in multiplayer but all characters are easy to relate to and the story was great
Teen, 17 years old Written byGamerevier December 28, 2013

Amazing multiplayer gameplay!

Everything is ok exept for the language which your kid will hear in middle school and the violence which hardly has any blood.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySilentranger April 5, 2015

LEARNING

An interesting game to review in my opinion...

Overall, I think the campaign should be for very mature or wary 15 year olds, and the multiplayer is appropriate for 13 year olds. Read on for more specific details. CAMPAIGN: If your child doesn't understand that swearing is unacceptable, the campaign is already out of the picture. However, even if they do understand that swearing is unacceptable, the campaign might still be a no-go. There are many psychological elements in the campaign, including but not limited to leaving navy men to drown due to a squadron leader's orders, and watching team members die. One member right off the bat had to cut off his own leg to survive an injury, only to meet his death soon after in a car crash. However, when understood and interpreted correctly, there are some beneficial themes in the campaign. MULTIPLAYER: All interactions with other players can be completely shut off by a simple press of the "H" key, or by using the in-game menu. Into the gameplay itself, make sure your child doesn't think they are shooting at real people, and then you're good to go! Multiplayer in Battlefield 4 is fast-paced and very fun. To me, it's just a great, healthy competition environment. I have NEVER, throughout my whole 50 hours of playing Battlefield 4, heard any swear words through the in-game voice chat, so you don't need to worry about that, just the text chat (which again can be hidden by pressing the "H" button on the keyboard) Overall, I think the campaign should be for very mature or wary 15 year olds, and the multiplayer is appropriate for 13 year olds
Teen, 16 years old Written bycalebto April 5, 2015

Battlefield 4 review by calebto

This is a very fun game ! there are so many vehicles like jets, tanks , helicopters , trucks etcetera. There is a lot of blood. There is not to much language in the multiplayer mode. But the campaign is full of language like fu@! and shi@#. But this game is highly recommended for gamers.
Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2015

Reply to cjw's review

Campaign is gory, but multiplayer is ok. Multiplayer contains little blood. If you can understand the difference between right and wrong, this game should be ok for appropriate ages. Anyways, there was this one review I read whose writer had cjw in his/her username. Don't just ignore my reviews because I'm 12. The singleplayer game is bad, but you can easily mute other players (such as going on their account name on the scoreboard and pressing x on Xbox) but of course, you didn't know that. You can also turn off your tv's volume (but of course, you didn't think of that). This way, if someone on multiplayer says something inappropriate, you won't hear it. This game has a lot less blood in multiplayer and has no sexual themes whatsoever. This review is coming from a kid who has been playing this game for a year and a half now.
Teen, 13 years old Written byArmed penguin March 12, 2015

Outstanding multiplayer

Outstanding multiplayer, but really violent and not much to learn. Good thing to play for lazy entertainment, though. Lots of fun. Also lots of language in campaign.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySirSubby February 4, 2015

Fantastic game, but I will admit, is violent.

This is one of my favorite shooters out right now, and I love playing it. From about 10 hours of playing the campaign and multiplayer, I've noticed some things. The campaign- I will admit, the game earns its M rating because of the campaign, because I'm telling you, the language is insane in the campaign. The soldiers swear everywhere, from mission briefings, to full scale battles. The violence isn't so bad, your typical shoot the bad guys violence, nothing to serious. So if your child is younger, don't let them play the campaign. It's gretty, and isn't even that good. The multiplayer- The multiplayer is what really makes this game violent. The games new engine, frostbite 3, allows almost the entire environment to be destructible . You can flood cities and destroy your environment to gain a tactical advantage. You can't do that in call of duty. The battles require a strategy and communication with your team. Your team will need to work together in order to win. There is hardly any language in the multiplayer, but soldiers do occasionally swear when they are about to be blown to bits by a grenade, but its hard to understand what they're saying. The violence isn't so bad, it's the same shoot the bad guy stuff, and again, you can destroy buildings. That's awesome. So hopefully this long review helped you decide if this game is appropriate for your kid. It's really up to you.
Kid, 9 years old January 21, 2015

LEARNING

Bad words are good and bad

Well, Bad words are socially acceptable if your hurt or in battle but are not if your saying them at the grocery store or at school and violence kids are smart to know violence=Bad so shut up!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydroopydog5 January 8, 2015

Gore and Language

When you melee someone it makes a brutal death scene of you like stabbing their hearts or slicing their neck. The language is high on this as well for Campaign. Multiplayer just watch out for those mic teens swearing.