All member reviews for Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Shooter series gets more graphic, bumped from T to M rating.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Adult Written byDianne Collington March 6, 2010

Should not be played if under the age of 13

I wanted to write a descent review that parents can use. I see immature kids write reviews and say this game is "on" for age 2. People come to websites like these to make good decisions on what is right or wrong for their kids. The immaturity does not help them. My 13 year old son, turning 14 in early september asked me if he could buy the new Battlefield Bad Company 2 game. I told him we would look into it, but did not say a definite yes because of its M rating. I talked to other parents who had allowed their child to buy the game or had bought it for them. They said it was okay for a 13 year old to play. I let my son buy the game, but I watched to see what it looked like. There was some cursing, and some blood, but no limb loss or disgusting things like that. I think it is overall okay for a 13 year old to play, but I would not let my son play it if he were under this age.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byJohn Fredo July 15, 2014

This game has features that made me buy it for my son

This game is a very good game. My son loved it. I told my son I wont buy you a game that has blood or language, but it turned out that you can turn off the blood and language. We tested it out and we you shoot he just falls and no blood came out. I felt more comfortable letting my son play this game. My 12 year old son is mature enough to play this game and he loved it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCoolkat11 March 23, 2011

Great game, besides the cursing. my opinion is that kids 13 and up should be able to play.
Teen, 17 years old Written byjake W. August 7, 2010

TWEENS AND UP ONLY

very good but online is inappropriate ive had it for about 2 weeks and ive met 4 inappropriate people
Parent of a 13 year old Written bydr.andrewsmith August 1, 2010

Exciting, Realistic Shooting Game With Many Educational Values.

I would say that this game is appropriate for kids 12 and older. The game is violent, but it shows what it is really like for our brave troops over seas. My son oldest son Michael who is 19, is in Iraq right now, and my youngest son Joseph who is 12, plays this game with me. When Michael was home last month, he played it and he was shocked on how realistic the game was to his experiences in Iraq. I think that kids at age 12 or 13 should play this game because it is important for them to know what it is like. This game shows the relationships between the troops and that they don't just go there to kill- the story in the game is that the troops secure the new weapon of mass destruction, and return home. Thank you for reading, Dr. Andrew Smith
Parent Written byMommyrater99 August 31, 2013

Listen to me please!

I think that this game is good for kids 12 and up my 12 loves it. But I don't want him going around saying he can play m rated games bc I think some games are alot different than this. For example call of duty games are not good for his age theirs a giant difference. That game is full of curse words and I don't like that. but this game has barely any curse words. Sure there are some here and their but you can't tell me your son Doesn't here at least 1 curse word a day at school. I remember when I was at school and I'd here them like nonstop. And the f word is pnly used 1 or 2 in the whole game.
Parent Written byChristianParentof3 July 7, 2013

Good game

As a parent that is a Christian its hard to find games that are okay for my 8 year old my 12 year old and my 14 year old. Alot of Call of duty games i see i dont want my kids playing, but this game is different. I have tried out all battlefield series even the newest 3 and can say the only issue is violence. Language is VERY minimal and so is sexual content. Its a great game let your kids have this game. Theyll love you
Teen, 15 years old Written byManfred September 27, 2011

VIOLENT , GORY & STRONG COARSE LANGUAGE

FUN
Educator Written bymr.boide August 20, 2011

great shooter for middle to high schoolers

its like the first one only with blood. sure language is an issue but number one has the same amou. nt of language buts only T. i think as long as you turn down the character volume you cant here any language and the blood you can turn off.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybentom April 23, 2011

i think this is a very good game for kids my son got it and said it has swearing just mute it barley any blood what so ever but iffy grafics
Parent of a 12 year old Written byillhelpyou April 5, 2011

Good, all you have to do is just go on options and turn off language.

good. this game has language and n gore, but you can turn off language so its ok. And if you are iffy about it than rent it for a wekend and watch it on muted bad words, on online then mute everybody. Easy.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySecretagentbob November 24, 2010

Lots of language, lots of fun.

Its excellent, but not quite as good as COD 6. The best kit is probably Nuclear Warheads+Sniper rifle. But if you think the language in Battlefield 1 is constant, wait till you see this. They say about 40 f words through the whole game, along with about 25 s words. The violence isnt that bad though, neither is the blood. So look into this if you dont mind bad words.
Adult Written byTHESLAYER October 23, 2010

15+

OMG! This is the best first-person-shooter game I have ever owned. I own the first one, but it just doesn't stack up to this! Yes, it is a little graphic, and there is a lot of profanity used, but I think that kids of 14+ are exposed to language anyway. My rating? At the very least, 15.
Kid, 11 years old September 30, 2010

Alot of cussing, but still good game.

It would be better if they deleted about half of the langauge. They lay an F-bomb like every ten seconds. If you think the language in COD is bad, wait till you see this. Its not that violent though, so this might be one to look into if you dont mind langauge.
Teen, 16 years old Written bygotham_knight July 12, 2010

Perfect for older players

A lot of profanity and blood eliminate the possibility of younger audiences, but this game has fun mechanics and a little richer and deeper feel than Call of Duty.
Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2010

Upped from teen to mature, this title is now good for 13+

I love this game but I have only rented it. The blood and violence can sometimes be as bad as Modern Warfare 2, and they curse a lot. Words like f**k and s**t can be heard throughout the dialogue. buildings can be demolished and enemies can be stabbed in close range combat. Good for 13 year olds and up.
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom June 4, 2010

The Moderate Call of Duty.

Battlefield Bad Company has always been compared to Call Of Duty for a long time. First off the violence, Its not that bad. There is blood and knives of course. No dismemberment and a toned down Call of Duty. The language is ridiculous. F*** this F*** that. Most of the swearing is out of order. Its stupid. They swear a lot and make jokes involving plenty of swearing. The messages according to Common sense, Are bad? They are soldiers fighting for America. That is not bad. Just overall its toned down call of duty.. Get this over it.
Adult Written bysmileyman117 May 29, 2010

great game love it, way to much language .but good i like it better then mw2 and the COD series not as good as halo series but good
Teen, 13 years old Written byBEASTBOY13 March 19, 2010

Best game EVER, the only thing is the cussing, but its still not that bad, and it provides the best grafics and audio and visual affects ever
Kid, 10 years old March 16, 2010

Goof for tweens!

NO XBOX LIVE VOICE PLAY! So much fun! If your kid can handle the language and has played battlefield bad company its fine!