All member reviews for Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Shooter series gets more graphic, bumped from T to M rating.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Adult Written byDianne Collington March 6, 2010

Should not be played if under the age of 13

I wanted to write a descent review that parents can use. I see immature kids write reviews and say this game is "on" for age 2. People come to websites like these to make good decisions on what is right or wrong for their kids. The immaturity does not help them. My 13 year old son, turning 14 in early september asked me if he could buy the new Battlefield Bad Company 2 game. I told him we would look into it, but did not say a definite yes because of its M rating. I talked to other parents who had allowed their child to buy the game or had bought it for them. They said it was okay for a 13 year old to play. I let my son buy the game, but I watched to see what it looked like. There was some cursing, and some blood, but no limb loss or disgusting things like that. I think it is overall okay for a 13 year old to play, but I would not let my son play it if he were under this age.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySecretagentbob November 24, 2010

Lots of language, lots of fun.

Its excellent, but not quite as good as COD 6. The best kit is probably Nuclear Warheads+Sniper rifle. But if you think the language in Battlefield 1 is constant, wait till you see this. They say about 40 f words through the whole game, along with about 25 s words. The violence isnt that bad though, neither is the blood. So look into this if you dont mind bad words.
Adult Written bysmileyman117 May 29, 2010

great game love it, way to much language .but good i like it better then mw2 and the COD series not as good as halo series but good
Teen, 13 years old Written byBrunoBoy123 July 5, 2010

Not to Bad for Young Teens

The Battlefield genre has been around for a while but it's always been a T game until the Bad Company series came out. The game doesn't really deserve an M rating but it also shouldn't be a T game. There is quite a bit of swearing and a little blood(a red splotch of blood flies up when you shoot somone) but it really isn't that bad. The game is much more appropriate than Modern Warfare 2 and is pretty fun with the huge multiplayer maps, large selection of weapons and several different ways to play the game.
Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2010

Not as bad as you may think.

I love battlefield games. I begged my parents to let me get this. The only reason why they bumped this up to "M" is -Better Graphics -Strong Language thats it. Nothing else. The worst word is f--k. I hear that all the time at school. sometimes by teachers too. In BC 1 they said s--t alot. and they said 13 and up. The blood is little red puffs that comes out of the enemy. This is a great alternative for kids who cant play COD 6. Also, the online is better than COD 6. It's more appropriate, and fun.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bydr.andrewsmith August 1, 2010

Exciting, Realistic Shooting Game With Many Educational Values.

I would say that this game is appropriate for kids 12 and older. The game is violent, but it shows what it is really like for our brave troops over seas. My son oldest son Michael who is 19, is in Iraq right now, and my youngest son Joseph who is 12, plays this game with me. When Michael was home last month, he played it and he was shocked on how realistic the game was to his experiences in Iraq. I think that kids at age 12 or 13 should play this game because it is important for them to know what it is like. This game shows the relationships between the troops and that they don't just go there to kill- the story in the game is that the troops secure the new weapon of mass destruction, and return home. Thank you for reading, Dr. Andrew Smith
Teen, 17 years old Written byjake W. August 7, 2010

TWEENS AND UP ONLY

very good but online is inappropriate ive had it for about 2 weeks and ive met 4 inappropriate people
Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2010

If you want to play a good war shooter that isn't MW2. This is for you.

Kid, 10 years old March 16, 2010

Goof for tweens!

NO XBOX LIVE VOICE PLAY! So much fun! If your kid can handle the language and has played battlefield bad company its fine!
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom June 4, 2010

The Moderate Call of Duty.

Battlefield Bad Company has always been compared to Call Of Duty for a long time. First off the violence, Its not that bad. There is blood and knives of course. No dismemberment and a toned down Call of Duty. The language is ridiculous. F*** this F*** that. Most of the swearing is out of order. Its stupid. They swear a lot and make jokes involving plenty of swearing. The messages according to Common sense, Are bad? They are soldiers fighting for America. That is not bad. Just overall its toned down call of duty.. Get this over it.
Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2010

Upped from teen to mature, this title is now good for 13+

I love this game but I have only rented it. The blood and violence can sometimes be as bad as Modern Warfare 2, and they curse a lot. Words like f**k and s**t can be heard throughout the dialogue. buildings can be demolished and enemies can be stabbed in close range combat. Good for 13 year olds and up.
Adult Written byTHESLAYER October 23, 2010

15+

OMG! This is the best first-person-shooter game I have ever owned. I own the first one, but it just doesn't stack up to this! Yes, it is a little graphic, and there is a lot of profanity used, but I think that kids of 14+ are exposed to language anyway. My rating? At the very least, 15.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBEASTBOY13 March 19, 2010

Best game EVER, the only thing is the cussing, but its still not that bad, and it provides the best grafics and audio and visual affects ever
Teen, 13 years old Written byAscari March 13, 2010

One of the Best shooters ever

What a game. Finished relatively quickly But What a game., A substansial Inprovement from the First. A definet Must Buy!
Teen, 14 years old Written by1995born-to-pro... March 13, 2010

Parents need to understand that some teens are more mature than other teens

This is a game I have asked my mom to let me buy, and she thinks about it. The difference between this game, and games like "Call of Duty modern warfare" is that in COD, all players think about is "Kill the other players". In this game the mindset is slightly different. There is also a ton more strategy involved in this game, which makes it less of a "kill-kill-kill" game.
Kid, 11 years old September 30, 2010

Alot of cussing, but still good game.

It would be better if they deleted about half of the langauge. They lay an F-bomb like every ten seconds. If you think the language in COD is bad, wait till you see this. Its not that violent though, so this might be one to look into if you dont mind langauge.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCowtails December 29, 2010

BC2 really sets the bar

The previous bad company game was T now this one is M. The only differences are blood and language. I'm 14 years old and the language in this game is horrific. I hear it at school all the time, but every other sentence is just unacceptable. However, the message is good and the mutliplayer is phenomonal. Graphics are jaw dropping, along with the gun expansion. Only things that I would have to warn parents about is the blood and language. You can turn off the language by turning down the volume but the blood you can't. It's not that much. It's about the same as Uncharted Drake's Fortune.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byillhelpyou April 5, 2011

Good, all you have to do is just go on options and turn off language.

good. this game has language and n gore, but you can turn off language so its ok. And if you are iffy about it than rent it for a wekend and watch it on muted bad words, on online then mute everybody. Easy.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMPSlusser August 7, 2010

Great for people 17 and above.

Well I am 17 and my dad let me get this game due to the fact that I am more mature than most kids my age. I would not reccomend this game to anyone under 17. There is a lot of language, mostly in singleplayer where the soldiers in oyur squad, well, talk like soldiers. Many uses of the "F" word, "S" word, and "god dam*". Gameplay is very attractive and the graphics pose a lifelike look. It is a very fun game, there is blood, lots of violence that most teens appeal to. But I would strongly reccomend this to not be played by anyone under 17. Too much stuff in it that may change the way your child talks or thinks.
Teen, 16 years old Written bygotham_knight July 12, 2010

Perfect for older players

A lot of profanity and blood eliminate the possibility of younger audiences, but this game has fun mechanics and a little richer and deeper feel than Call of Duty.