All member reviews for Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Teen, 17 years old Written byCoolkat11 March 23, 2011

Great game, besides the cursing. my opinion is that kids 13 and up should be able to play.
Teen, 17 years old Written byjake W. August 7, 2010

TWEENS AND UP ONLY

very good but online is inappropriate ive had it for about 2 weeks and ive met 4 inappropriate people
Teen, 15 years old Written byManfred September 27, 2011

VIOLENT , GORY & STRONG COARSE LANGUAGE

FUN
Teen, 15 years old Written bybentom April 23, 2011

i think this is a very good game for kids my son got it and said it has swearing just mute it barley any blood what so ever but iffy grafics
Teen, 14 years old Written bySecretagentbob November 24, 2010

Lots of language, lots of fun.

Its excellent, but not quite as good as COD 6. The best kit is probably Nuclear Warheads+Sniper rifle. But if you think the language in Battlefield 1 is constant, wait till you see this. They say about 40 f words through the whole game, along with about 25 s words. The violence isnt that bad though, neither is the blood. So look into this if you dont mind bad words.
Kid, 11 years old September 30, 2010

Alot of cussing, but still good game.

It would be better if they deleted about half of the langauge. They lay an F-bomb like every ten seconds. If you think the language in COD is bad, wait till you see this. Its not that violent though, so this might be one to look into if you dont mind langauge.
Teen, 16 years old Written bygotham_knight July 12, 2010

Perfect for older players

A lot of profanity and blood eliminate the possibility of younger audiences, but this game has fun mechanics and a little richer and deeper feel than Call of Duty.
Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2010

Upped from teen to mature, this title is now good for 13+

I love this game but I have only rented it. The blood and violence can sometimes be as bad as Modern Warfare 2, and they curse a lot. Words like f**k and s**t can be heard throughout the dialogue. buildings can be demolished and enemies can be stabbed in close range combat. Good for 13 year olds and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBEASTBOY13 March 19, 2010

Best game EVER, the only thing is the cussing, but its still not that bad, and it provides the best grafics and audio and visual affects ever
Kid, 10 years old March 16, 2010

Goof for tweens!

NO XBOX LIVE VOICE PLAY! So much fun! If your kid can handle the language and has played battlefield bad company its fine!
Teen, 14 years old Written byPrincessOfExplosions March 12, 2015

One of the least violent military shooters

This game is rated 17+, but it's not as graphic as other 17+ games, such as call of duty. For example, there is a moderate amount of blood shed when an enemy is shot, but it does not stain the environment or look as realistic as other games (more mist-cloud like) and there is no gore whatsoever. One thing I like is that it's not a dark game, unlike most military shooters, and you attack in self-defense most of the time. You can stab enemies, but it's bloodless and offscreen (the camera lunges at the enemy, you swipe your knife at them, and they fall over). There are mild innuendos, but unless your kid understands them, it'll go over their head. No drug content whatsoever. There is a lot of swearing in this game, but it's most often not directed at any specific person (e.g. "What the fuck are they doing?" "The guy is fucking dead!" "We got a fucking sniper!"). As you can see, they like the F word. However, language (pre-recorded, not from other players) is directed at characters in multiplayer, if you hit a team-mate (e.g. "Hey it's me you stupid fuck!" "Hey dumbshit! We're on the same side!") So, to sum up, the main characters are not bad people, blood is not very graphic (and sometimes doesn't even show up), swearing is constant but not directed at people for most of the time. Hope this helps!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMrHauska October 13, 2014

The best multiplayer experience out there.

This is a game where, just like in the original, play as a soldier in a group called Bad Company. Your mission is to stop World War 3 from happening. Now for the review! Violence: The game, unlike the original, contains blood. You can shoot enemies causing small puffs of blood to appear, however, it never stains the environment. There is no gore in this game, or else I would give this the "Not for kids" rating. You use a variety of guns you find or unlock on the battlefield, 'nuff said. Language: This game doesn't just drop bombs, it also drops F-bombs. If you feel like your child shouldn't listen to any "magical words" just turn off dialogue and subtitles. Positive messages: Though violent, This game's multiplayer contains huge elements of teamwork. If you join a squad, you can get points for helping out your squad. Even if you lone wolf it, you can get points for helping out your entire team. Overall, this is a game that couldn't decide if it should be rated T or M, it's up to you.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywashington6944 December 24, 2013

Bad Company 2 review

Most people now will have BF4 or BF3, but if you are looking for a cheap, decent game, than you should definetley look at this. This game is rated M, but its not as bad as you think. There is violence, but its the amount of violence you would find in a T rated game. There are some bad words, but that can easily be removed, even without a content filter. All you have to do is go to options, find subtitles and disable them, and then mute your TV. Thats all you need to do. The characters in the game are pretty good role models, as they are trying to save their country. So without the filter/disabled subtitles, this game is probably good for 13 and up, but with language off its pause for 11.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEpicKingKong January 7, 2013

LEARNING

Appropriate for most teens

I'm 14 years old and I just recently got to play Battlefield: Bad Company 2. For concerned parents I think this game is suitable for 13+. This game is a first person shooter which takes place in many parts of historical American wars such as the Second World War and the Cold War. You get to pursue the roles of American soldiers as they fight Japanese and Russian soldiers throughout the game. Players use a variety of old guns such as assault rifles, pistols, carbines, shotguns and grenade launchers to kill the enemy soldiers they encounter. Although gore and particularly detailed blood aren't an issue in this game, the game does use an engine which allows almost all of the environment to be destroyed realistically which can vary from putting a dent in a pole to blowing up an entire house at your will. These features are encouraged by the fact that you may occasionally have to use them to kill an enemy soldier or complete a mission. Also, the words f-ck and sh-t can be heard in context, however, they are used less frequently than other first person titles such as CoD and Medal of Honor. This game does go online but exposes the player to content no worse than what they may see in the solo missions. Personally, I think that if you're a parent and you're ok with your child being exposed to some strong language and realistic explosions, then you're ok.
Kid, 10 years old May 5, 2012

not very bad at all

this game isn't too bad if you have played any other first person shooter franchise. Great game and story line. It does use some f-bombs and other stuff like that. the only thing ba about the game is that its too short, 4-5 hours tops
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 March 6, 2012

This,and Call Of Duty make my cup of tea.

Yeah,yeah although it is very realistic and violent portrayed in graphic manner and there's huge amounts of language,if you are a mature 14 you should be able to handle it.I got this when I was 12 but I'm not violent.Because this is all military violence.If you ask me,COD is much more violent and bloody than this.When you shoot people,vast crimson mists erupt from wounds but nothing you wouldn't see on the other side of the road.I know what I'm talking about as I played it for over a year on my Xbox and one can tell how violent it is by just less than fifteen minutes of gameplay.So,if your kid can handle it,get this for his birthday and hell love you for life.; D
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2012

Very Fun

First, my absolute favorite game ever, awesome but challenging campaign, best online multiplayer ON EARTH. Second, cussing is ridiculous and extreme, and there is no way to turn it off. Blood is way higher than most games, drinking and smoking in videos occurs often. Has good roll models who are very brave and patriotic. 15 and up (even though I play it and I am 11).
Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2012

Good game

i loved the game but i hate the network runner EA. first of all this game is hilarious the NPC are very funny with my sense of humor. not to bloody but i do love the destructible landscape. it was rated M because they swear constantly with the F word. Don't even bother with the multiplayer EA wouldn't let me go online.
Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2011

Call of Duty step aside...

Best online shooter ever! The blood shouldn't be a problem as it's not that realistic but the gameplay is! Too much swearing as well for my liking. I'd give it an M, but no more, it was right to make it a 16+
Teen, 14 years old Written byyankeefan7 August 6, 2011

IT'S BEAST

Ok so I've read most of the adults and kids reviews, and they all keep saying, "Ohhh... the F word is so bad for my kid." Well thats a bunch of bull, it aint that bad!!! If your child has Black Opps and you say he can't get this, WOW. It's really just the same as any other M game, blood, violence, and a little bit of cussing. They is a trick that I dont think many people know about turning preaty much all of the currsing off. What you do to cancel out the cussing is to go to the audio and turn down the character's dialouge, turning it down causes you to beable to hear the people taking alittle bit, but the cussing you really can't even hear.