All member reviews for Borderlands 2

Teen, 17 years old Written byHoodedAce October 9, 2012

I like it. Clever game

Okay. It's good. The games "Funness" is good. But the games technical aspects (loot system, weapon system) basic what's "under the hood" are astonishingly brilliant. If your kid knows games well, knows how they work and likes to "solve" them this is perfect for them. And frankly the jokes are things that make me pause the game and start crying with laughter. Just about every conversation is littered with either: Totally off the wall Deadpool worthy chatter from claptrap. Ridiculous over the top insults from Handsome Jack and gallows humor and irony from everybody else. Badass is VERY common in this game. In fact one of your ranks is called your "Badass Rank" every other cuss word can be turned off. as can the blood. The violence can't really be objected to. Basicly it looks like a comic book. It's just so ridiculous and over the top that if you take it seriously you really need to lighten up. There is on thing I have a problem with. There is a rare signpost on certain outhouses that says "no Fapping" which..... ugh. Yeah that's just not cool.
Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2013

what i think of borderlands

I think it a game and could be a teen rated because you can turn blood and swearwords off.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. March 4, 2013

This game is joy to play, but ultra violent!

Lots of gore. Tons of shooting with blood spattering from enemies when shot (Noticeable amounts of blood can be seen). You can blow up people as well as aliens into bloody chunks, people can be decapitated and dismembered.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBehindthescene November 28, 2013

Bring on the bandits; Welcome back to Pandora!

I, along with many others, it seems, do not agree with the "Not For Kids" label that shows up next to most Mature video-games on this site. While some games, like Gears of War or Grand Theft Auto, fully deserve this label, Borderlands (especially the sequel) is a lighthearted-in-comparison shoot-and-loot fest that offers the same thrill of more mature games without the plethora of heavy, mature content. The issue here would be the violence. Violence is pervasive in this game. However, even with the slight focus on story this time around, it is never heavy-handed or truly meaningful. Some may consider that a downfall, citing that killing a multitude of baddies with no real weight is worse than if you're killing for a cause. I still think that, given the unrealistic, comic-book nature of this game, it is more suited for younger audiences. Sexual content is limited to jokes and crude references sprinkled throughout the game, and is not very explicit; suitable for most teens. There is also an absence of strong language in this game which, considering its sense of humor, I find impressive and awesome. The game also focuses on teamwork and organization without even trying. Bonus! This game is a great improvement over the first Borderlands and is a ton (as in 40+ hours if you really want to) of fun! Best for teens and adults, but probably not for younger children. 10/10. One of the funnest games I've played in a long time!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAidan K December 27, 2013

Borderlands 2 Review

To the parents of children who want Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed Borderlands, a shoot and loot style game in which you fight your way to a "safe" known as the vault. In this game, you are tricked by the evil tyrant Handsome Jack, who tries to get rid of you so he can find the second known vault. You play as one of four vault hunters, Axton the commando, Maya the siren, Salvador the gunzerker, or Zero the assassin. Two other vault hunters are available for purchase online as DLC (Downloadable Content). The beauty of this game is that it randomly generates guns, grenade mods, and skins that your character can use. The only bad part I found about the game is that it is full of blood, gore and swearing. If you don't want your child seeing or hearing much of this, in the settings there is an option to disable gore, bleep out swear words, and minimize blood to a small red splat on the players screen. This game is available for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and your PC computers. I hope this has helped you all get a better understanding about what lies behind the games disturbing cover photo.
Kid, 10 years old October 10, 2013

ok for kids all ages

this game is AWESOME
Teen, 14 years old Written byKillian.Gamer August 16, 2013

Violent, crude and irresponsible. But not Mature in the slightest.

Okay, this game is not meant to be taken seriously AT ALL. From the over the top theme in...well,everything, to the dumb-but-smart humor, this game is silly, and is not meant to promote any of these things. Add to that the option to censor most "adult" content, this remains as a funny, dumb and most importantly excellent first person shooter. Thirteen plus in general, but depending on your child, the best thing to do, as always, is to watch some gameplay and, after listening to these recommendations decide what your child can be allowed to play.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBronyRex February 1, 2013

Game Review

FLIPPING AWESOME GAME!
Teen, 14 years old Written byTurboKiwi January 24, 2013

Great for middle school and up

This is a great game, just not for anyone below a middle school age. Also, I think Common Sense media is biased. They obviously did no research on the game (Salvador is one of 4 characters, not the only one) and they conveniently forgot to mention you can turn off gore, which really tones down the violence. Hope this helps, Kiwi.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfrenchhorncc March 5, 2015

Ignore the ESRB rating and look at the real content.

At first glance this game may seem like a very mature title, but the worst of the worst in the game itself (to me) is the language which is spread throughout the course of gameplay. The violence is cartoony and isn't as bad as one might think during all the fast-paced action. Sexual references come about here and there but so far I haven't seen anything too harsh for teens. The best way I can aid you in your decision is to leave you with this: Know WHO you're getting the game for, and think about whether they want or should see the content displayed in the game.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCordell 224 October 12, 2014

Borderlands 2 but sadly not Borderlands 1

This is a great game if you are the type who loves playing with your friends then get this game and the first one. Borderlands 2 has had a lot into since Borderlands 1 but it also dropped a lot of things that gave Borderlands 1 its greatness. Again a great game to pick up to play with friends or even alone.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaidiscool192003 June 6, 2014

This Games The Best!

Teen, 13 years old Written byadude28 May 20, 2014

Borderlands, NICE

Ok so I got this game, and I think the m rating has merit, but not enough to be legitimate. this game has swearing, but not anything that your child hasn't heard in school. the "explicit pictures" are cartoon bikini photos, which children are already exposed to through the media. Also, the graphic style makes things hard to believe and cartoony, like a comic book. aside from appropriateness, This game is really fun. Sometimes my friends and i just run around shooting things and doing side quests. this game is appropriate for your child if they are understand the difference between real life and the game.
Kid, 11 years old January 18, 2014

Dark humor and game. Very fun.

This game has non-stop killing and fighting. It is EXTREMELY dark in almost every aspect. Aside from the killing, there is minimal gore. You can see a normal amount of blood, but you'll see a whole lot of blood from critical hits. You can splatter Marauders with your car which will result in them exploding into a pile of gibs and blood. The dark part of this game is more than half of the game. There are psychotic bandits who will say things like: "I need more heads for my merry-go-round - YOURS IS PERFECT!" or "You're gonna be my new Meat Bicycle!". The main antagonist will talk about some disturbing things. At one point he tells a story and in the middle of it he says something like this: So I took his spoon and- Hahahahahah! I scooped his eyeballs out with it and he was just- Haha! -he couldn't see and his kids were like: "Waaaah!". The swear words you'll hear are: S--t, B----h, Mother---per, S-x, D--n, and occasionally a F--k. NOTE: EVERY TIME THEY SAY "F--k" IT IS CENSORED WITH A "BLEEP!". There is a way to toggle gore on and off. Borderlands has a very dark humor. It does NOT look anything like real life, it looks like a cartoon or comic book. now the last thing is the sexual reference. They will make sexual jokes and reference, but it's not too bad. I'd say about 12 or 13 for this game.
Kid, 12 years old September 3, 2013

First person shooter is fun, but watch out.

Blood and gore: You will see blood and gore, definitely. Gore CAN be turned off. Intense Violence: Not terribly violent, but definitely "Intense". It looks fake, though. Language: No worse than S---. In battles the enemies curse at you the whole battle. Language can not be turned off, but the voices can. This also takes care of sexual themes. Sexual themes: There's some messed up stuff in this game, but voices can be turned off. Use of alcohol: Mild use of alcohol. The absolute worst reference is "I can shoot better when I'm drunk!" Off for 2-9 pause for 10-13 on for 14+
Teen, 15 years old Written byzebrabro22 August 26, 2013

best. game. ever!!!!

best game ever!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byinferneon July 9, 2013

awesome game for teens and up

the first thing you should know is that there is a filter gore setting that bleeps out the worst of the swearing,and turns off all the blood and gore from combat,there is still some bloody sights around the world but nothing graphic,and the language is not much worse than pg13 movie with a lot of swearing,but there is a number of sexual references that i don't even understand,and a lot more that i do,but its not too bad,and the game is about killing the evil ceo of hypereon corporation,who is trying to kill everybody and take over the planet,and its worth noteing there is a quest where you have to go get drunk,and also that there is no good guys in this game,only bad guys,and evil guys
Teen, 13 years old Written bygamer man October 25, 2012

borderlands2

it has violence, thats what the games about, if you don't like that, the dont get the game, but its really no THAT bad, so i say 10 years olds should be able to play it. there is one part however that there is a smaller person that looks like a kid that you kill, but when you do you hear him in the back round saying how cold he is because he is dieing, some people think it is sad, you make up your opinion when you play it. also anybody that is your friend or the friend of someone that's playing can join your game unless you change your settings(i suggest letting friends play)
Teen, 13 years old Written byyoulouzer26 March 23, 2015

Fun!

This game is bloody however, there is an option to turn off the gore! The downloadable content is very sexual and inappropriate.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDink In A Box January 1, 2015

It's Not That Bad

I have been playing Borderlands 2 for a while. For a lot of kids at this age, smoking and drinking is probably a huge part of there lives because of there parents anyways so that should be a problem at all in the game. There are some sexual jokes made here and there but not many at all. From a little over a year of playing, I may have only hear at a maximum of 4 sexual jokes in the whole game. Also, the reason why kids want to play the game is so that they can talk and play an amazing free roam game with their friends. It's a really fun game and everybody is just taking the little things about the game and blowing it up so that those bad things look like that that is what the whole game is about. Borderlands 2 is not a horrible game and I think that you should give it a chance.