All member reviews for Borderlands

Stylish but super-gory shooter where you kill with abandon.

Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2016

really good

It is basically a comic book but does get gory and sweary
Adult Written byPrimeSlayer July 15, 2015

An amazing game with comic-book visuals, though gratuitous amounts of blood and gore

Borderlands is a FPS game with RPG elements. The game features comic book type visuals, but has LOTS of blood and gore. Head shots usually result in a large geyser of blood and a stump where their head once was. The same applies with limbs, but occasionally the enemy will be blown in half, which is an incredibly bloody sight. This game has millions of guns. Literally. When an enemy is killed with an electric weapon, their eyes usually pop out and their head explodes. With fire, their skin turns black. With acidic weapons, they sort of melt away. The visuals, however, make the intense violence over the top and cartoony. Language is used infrequently, and it's mostly p-ssy, f--k, and sh-t. There is quite a bit of sexual humor throughout the game, but it's relatively PG-13. Overall, Borderlands is a great game, and quite frankly, one of my favorites of all time. I'd recommend it to anyone 16+.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byLars Åberg September 2, 2014

Totally not for kids, but 12+!

I think all of the parents of a 12+ kid or 11+ should read this becus this will make you think in a whole other way! This game as very much shooting in it and i can understand why parents decline this game becus of this. But i think you shuold look this that the graphics of the game is like a comic book, my kid says that it's like your controling our own fantasy or your own comic book! this game is not so gory and voilolent as you think so let your beutiful kid get this becus he will cry and punch you as mine did!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byvideogamedad November 10, 2012

it a good game

It is ok for 12, they curse a few times but not really bad. There is not really any blood.
Kid, 9 years old April 10, 2011

Fine for a older mature kid

I think that the game is perfect for kids 13+ and fine for mature 11+ kids, I do know there is a lot of gore as I have finished the game and almost finished the second playthrough, just don't get the zombie DLC with a lot of gore and it should be fine, the DLC should be for 16+ or mature 13+ teens. Also theres no F-bombs in this game but there is sh-t and pus-y, you see theres a confusion here, the bandits will some times say "Don't squeel when we cook you up!" that sounds like "Don't squeel when we fu-k you up!".
Teen, 14 years old Written byStriker101 March 5, 2011

Fine for 13 and up

Teen, 13 years old Written bydeez_nuts March 27, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byRyan Beele June 5, 2010

Perfect for Tweens 12+

Borderlands has alot of violence in it but the blood looks kind've fake. the swearing is infrequent and not that bad it is pretty gory at times though. Borderlands is a fun game and i think its no worse than uncharted 2 or half-life 2 if you are 12 and up it should be okay.
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2016
this game should be played by children around 13 yrs of age in my opinion but although it is rated 18+ by ESRB lot's of kids around 12 have it and even some that are 10. it has a lot of violence but as far as i know no nudity. BUT it is in my opinion, a good game for mature 12 year old's because it is in reality a great game that should be played by anybody who want's a classic FPS (First Person Shooter).
Teen, 13 years old Written byDickboi97 June 20, 2016

This game is so good it gave me cancer when i read the reviews

Families you can talk about how commonsense media is a waste of time and money. My gramps loves me when i play its fun.
Kid, 12 years old May 24, 2016

Bloody brilliant

Brilliant fun sci fi game with lots of violence and swearing so definitely not for kids but is still a brilliant game to play with friends if you like making heads go pop.
Kid, 12 years old April 24, 2016

Good game, but the games with gold wasn't great

I got this game with games with gold in March 2016. I didn't download it straight away, so when I played co-op online everyone else outleveled me. Which wasn't great. Language isn't used much, violence is the blood when you kill someone. That's it.
Parent Written by15uckd1cks April 3, 2016

great

i would say this is quite good for kids theres a bit of gore but nothing to mortal kombat it's good for kids and thats about it
Teen, 13 years old Written byyoulouzer26 March 22, 2015

Fun shooter!

Very fun and not very inappropriate
Teen, 17 years old Written bySensiblepeople February 1, 2015

"Borderlands ups and downs."

A large quantity of violence and blood,with a tad of gore, Parents would normally think twice before letting their kids play "Borderlands". However,Its cartoonish style and humor makes it ok for mature kids. It comes close to the edge of indecency,but never crosses it. If you have more than one child,it also has co-op to prevent fighting between them. As long as they are indeed mature,its a great game.
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2014

Great Game!

Ok, people are saying it's not for kids. You can turn down the gore and the language. Although I play with all the gore. But if your at least 7-8 you can play with the gore/language off.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCordell 224 October 12, 2014

Borderlands not Borderlands 2

I could write a paper on how great this game is for the player. If you are the type that loves to be with you friends then you will loves this game. Or if you don't care for much of an interation with others then this is still a great game to play. It isn't big for a story line but it has wonderful gameplay. The game focuses on looking for guns with different states and other thing along the way to help the player. Also there are four characters to choose from and each focus on different gun types and skills. Even though the player can use any gun type they want. So this is my review on the great open world, role playing, first person shooter, and coop game, Borderlands. P.S. this game doesn't hold the best graphics but over time, the player grows to love the art style.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRJH731 June 7, 2014
I don't know how to describe how much fun I had playing this game. The moments when you know your shield is depleted and you don't know if you'll keep enough health to survive, and you see a high-level burning bada** (frequently used word in the game) psycho nearby, the tension is unreal. Utilization of the action skills is great, and the level system is very well done. There are many weapons all with different stats and rarity levels. The gameplay is great. I just love this game. Maybe it's not for everyone, there is a lot of gore, language, violence, and mature humor. There's no sex. But it's great fun and VERY time consuming. Amazing game for teens and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGingerGame May 9, 2014

Cartoon

This game is fine for mature kids a bit of swearing but nothing too bad stuff they will hear from friends in school plus the cartoon graphics should be fine for the gore pegi/esbrp are really of the mark with this one
Kid, 12 years old April 15, 2014

Very good game for people looking for a adventure FPS

I think it's a good game for kids 12 & up not for 11 or 7 year olds,But the concept very cool i like the missions concept because you can go explore the whole world an theres not just one mission in each area there's side missions and story missions i can deal without some missions though but now for the rating,thers not much cursing in it an theres little gore but other than that it's petty much like a rated T game,Add-on pack,secret armouy of general knox,14 & up,mad moxxies underdome riot,15 & up