All member reviews for Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day

Get sharp with this fun, smart game for families.

Learning(i)

Teen, 14 years old Written bysamta88 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bycapstick April 9, 2008

Pros and Cons

I haven't read any of the other reviews yet, so I may end up repeating... Overall, the game is just so-so to me. Worth the $20 I suppose but I did expect more. Pros: Ability to save up to four personal data files so the whole family can track their progress. It also remembers things like birthdays and responds to things such as time of day or time of year ("Good morning, the days sure are getting hotter aren't they?"). The challenges themselves are fairly entertaining. And while occasionally it won't recognize things I write, 99% of the time it does. When it doesn't, it is because I was rushing or being sloppy. Cons: Not enough to do! New activities are "unlocked" very infrequently, and from what I can tell, there aren't that many to unlock anyway. So you are basically stuck with the same 5 or so activities every day. And it will only actually record your results for each activity once per day. You can practice as many times as you want, but it doesn't count for anything except practice. Also, my 8 year old daughter has a somewhat hard time with some of the math and other challenges. Another con is that the tips and tricks and other phrases that are shown to you are repeated very often. I wish there were more variety all around.
Kid, 8 years old February 11, 2015

LEARNING

Oh, YESSSSSSSSSSS!

I am playing this currently. I now have 18 stamps. I have played this since 01/25/2015. I love "Virus Buster", which you unlock when you get up to 12 stamps.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCWG1 April 20, 2013

A great way to exercise the brain

One of my favorite Brain Games i have ever played. Really gets my brain moving and helps me to think. Strongly advised to get this if you get a DS. The only reason I have made this game 6+ is because of the difficult aspects of the game. A lot of kids under 6 and over for that matter might have trouble playing the game. if this were rated as movies are rated it would be PG.
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2011

Fun at first but you'll slowly lose interest... :L

This is an ok game. It's fun at first, but you'll slowly lose interest. After two months of continuesly playing it, i started to get bored of doing the same things over and over and over and over again. It's just too repetitive, where you do the same excercises every single day. I would only recommend this game if you're somebody who doesn't mind doing repetitive things and likes to perfect something.Otherwise I don't think you should buy this...:L Overall, I rate it 4 out of 5.
Parent of a 7, 9, 11, and 12 year old Written bytweedledee621 October 10, 2009

Kid, 12 years old May 1, 2009

It's a good game

It gets people smarter. I can read at 9.8 syllables per second. Under 6 is not age appropriate because THEY'LL GET MOST THINGS WRONG!!!! Give it for people 7 and over. I also have poor "Counting Heads" skills, but I'm 12 years, 8 months and 28 days old, so that makes me in ADOLESCENCE, and I am no longer a child, but not yet an adult. Sorry for going off the topic, but It's a good game. My "Least to Greatest" skills are getting better.
Kid, 10 years old March 24, 2009

Good Game

This game isn't my favorite but I really enjoy the suduko and overall it helped me get better at math, which I'm terrible at.
Adult Written byscreen April 9, 2008

Read the book carefully.

Machine needs work on voice recongition. It has trouble with the workd " BLUE ".

brain age:train your brain in minutes a day is great!!

brain age:train your brain in minutes a day is great because kids my age can learn things in about 15 minutes! it is also great because there is no bad things in it(like bad words and other things i will never talk about). kids should learn like this all the time at least that is what i think. you should tell ur family members and your friends about this web site because they can write a review and you can read it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bythat_one_guy726 April 9, 2008

A great tool!

You can't call Brain Age a "game". It's more of a tool to help you train you brain (thus the tag title: train your brain in minutes a day). The training only takes about 15 minutes a day. It's fun to have other family members make accounts on the game because you can compare progress. Also, Sudoku is a nice added bonus!

Teen, 15 years old Written byZhaniac23 April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bydisneymania April 9, 2008

i never red a book

i like to tell joks cous i think its the best gift you can give . make pepoel laght and forget there problems
Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written byjaxmom1998 April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

A good way to keep your kids brains sharper and smarter

This game is soooo cool! I love this game! I play it all the time!
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Brain tests are educational and fun

Sexual Content (Not an Issue): None. Violence (Not an Issue): None. Language (Not an Issue): None. Social Behavior (On): Professor Kawashima keeps giving encouragement, even if your scores aren't that great. Commercialism (Not an Issue): None. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Not an Issue): None. Educational Value (On): The game is all about keeping your brain young and healthy.