All member reviews for Brink

Online first-person shooter has some blood, mild profanity.

Adult Written bySuper Hero Movie Fan May 31, 2011

good but dont buy it.

a bit violent with good role modles and bad ones.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bypud9bri May 18, 2011

A solid shooter that good for kids 11+

A decent shooter game that actually isn't rated M for mature. Most worthwhile (gameplay-wise) shooting games are too graphic or explicit for anyone under 17. This one is actually pretty good, and it's suitable for pre-teens (ages 11+). Has a slight learning curve to the game, but is fun once you get the hang of it.
Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2011

Learning from the Past, but highly fun and addictive

Brink is really fun and addictive it has nice graphics and involves teamwork. The game does actually copies some of my favorite games like Quake and Team Fortress. The violence is okay its not COD style violence but it is a bit bloody. Alo one of the best things about Brink is that you can make your Character Jump, Run, Slide and corner enemies while shooting and thats REALLY fun to do. Brink is a nice shooter that is worth trying out.
Adult Written byBrioCyrain May 6, 2012

The brink of bad design

One of the few games I ever regretted buying, I played the game after a few days and uninstalled. the AI is frustratingly difficult, the maps are almost completely unbalanced, and the gun balancing is unforgivable.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIan in Anime May 15, 2011

Perfect for Teenagers

Brink, has no overly-violent, disturbing scenes, and little language. But you shoot a lot of people. There's also a bit too much blood. But this game is perfect for a normal teenager, this game also encourages teamwork. So your teen will actually be co-operating with other people (Giving them ammo, buffing their weapon, reviving people, buffing their health.) Overall, this game is perfect for anyone 13+, but somewhat iffy for anyone below 13.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZackattackjt April 4, 2013

T rated?! Really?! Horribly gory and violent!

This is a game that should NOT be rated T! It is really fun though. I think it is okay for people like almost 14 and up. Just for a warning to the parents...it is first person, there are tons of blood, you are killing people, and you are using VERY realistic guns. Every time even one bullet hits you a blood splatter will appear on the screen. Also, there is nothing other than fighting in this game. Also it isn't even good v. evil; you can either play as the terrorists or the dictatorship...this game is not for kids who can't play gun games and/or games with blood or gore. Trust me, a game must be bad for me to write a review on it! This game was rated by idiots! I'm saying that and two of my friend's dad CREATED the ESRB rating system. I cannot stress enough how this is rated stupidly! This game says it is a "future city"... That's bull. The setting is a city overrun by terrorists. Also, you can run up to enemies and bloodily slit their throats open with a dagger. But, i should give it some credit, it teaches good team skills like medics run through the battlefield with the ability to revive health, or the engineer can boost your weapon, etc. Also, cussing is a horrible problem, today i played the game and heard s--t, ba---rd, Go-da-n, b---h, and a-s. Parents of kids 13 and under do NOT get them this game!!!
Parent Written byRandocity2 June 12, 2012

Perfect for Teens

The story in Brink is very dark, people are rebelling and trying to overthrough the Security force that is trying to help them. You can choose to either (to stop the rebellion) Save "The Ark" or (to take part in the rebellion) Escape "The Ark". This choice shows true character in a person. The violence is not as bad as some of the games now. Tiny spurts of blood pop up when you shoot a character, nothing to graphic. When you are shot down, blood outlines the screen, symbolizing that you are bleeding. Language is not a problem, in my playthrough, i only heard one curse word. (SH*T) All in all, this game is perfect for teens and MATURE children. Overall rating: 5/5
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2013

it needs to be M

I thouth it will be M but it is T. It shound be M
Parent of a 11 year old Written byDebster11 January 16, 2013

LEARNING

Best Teamwork building game.

Okay so, Brink is the best game ever. It has no bad guy. There's the security of "The Ark", and there's the people who try to get out of The Ark. The security is good and the freedom fighters are good. In my opinion, the security is a little bit bad because they won't let you leave The Ark. But this builds up teamwork for your child. Only a little blood spark when you shoot someone. There's no stabbing like Call Of Duty, it's a quick bloodless slash. From what I've heard, you can turn off the blood. Not really any language, either. Good game if you want to improve teamwork skills.
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2012

Brink is really fun, but bloodier than most other T games.

Brink is one of the best shooters ever, in my opinion. It s easy to get the hang of, there is tons of character and weapon customization, and the missions are really fun. Its violent, but no worse than most other T rated games. There is quite a bit of blood though. It doesnt use bad language except for in a few cutscenes, and its nothing horrible, jus hell or b-st--d. I highly reccomend Brink.
Kid, 9 years old November 23, 2011

Parent concerns

Brink is a great game BUT when the enemy is wounded they're on the ground begging for help to kill them you must shoot them and it might to look like torture to you but great for mature 12 year old and up
Adult Written byCaptain Cool September 1, 2011

It's actually pretty good!

Strangely enough, this is the first shooter I've played where there isn't a bad guy. The fictional ocean city known as "The Ark" is falling apart, and it's the last known human refuge (serious flooding). You choose between two factions: the Resistance, who want to escape the island, or the Security, who want to save the island. It actually has one major positive message: fight for what you believe in. Unlike most shooters, you're not tasked with "Kill X amount of bad guys," it most always "Defend this point" or "Escort this individual." Even when it comes to the actual combat, there's minimal blood. The main draw was the parkour-like S.M.A.R.T. system, which allows for movement over basically anything simply by holding the sprint button. It's a nice feature for directionally-challenged gamers, as it minimizes needing to turn and dodge. The stylized graphics are also a nice change of pace from the hardcore realism everyone seems to be striving for these days. If you're looking for a good birthday or holiday present this is it. Just ignore the critics, they're paid to complain, not to actually enjoy anything :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byscaredpancake August 18, 2011

Brink is Revolutionary!

Brink is a first-person shooter, but not like Call of Duty. Brink is not all about killing, like most first-person shooters. There is SMART movements to get over obstacles with ease. It runs on objectives , such as reviving your team-mates, opening safes, disarming explosives, and escorting robots. Also, there are different classes, with different abilities and objectives, much like Team Fortress 2. There are many different guns and attachments. Many different charachter outfits and great maps. The DLC agents of change is worth buying.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheHeroOfTheLand678 July 29, 2011

Well-polished, not insanely violent or profane

I played this game with some friends and the gameplay involves a lot of teamwork elements (such as reviving and providing ammunition) Also, there is some depiction of blood but that's about it; you can hit enemies with your gun (but nothing sadistic like cutting them with a chainsaw). Characters are widely customizable along with the firearms (not real-life models). As for role models there's a security force that wants to keep people on the island and a rebel group that wants to leave. I think you see one character smoking a cigar at one point but it's quite short. Overall good game for 11-12 who can handle it.
Kid, 10 years old May 18, 2011

perfect for 10 and up

i love it
Parent Written byPakistanPEGI December 20, 2014

16 and up

Less violent than other FPS games characters have a cartoon look. Real Violence Bad Language(sh-t,damn,bastard,bitch)
Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2014

Not too bad.

Don't get me wrong but, the blood in this game is for thirteen year olds.Sit with your kid and if he thinks it's "scary" let the eldest play or even U.
Kid, 12 years old February 3, 2014

LEARNING

Awsome game

This is a fun game. There may be some blood and violence but it's rated T for Pete's sake!
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2014

Brink

This game is a simple under rated FPS online game that is a little violent and has a little blood. NOT FOR YOUNG GAMERS!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 June 1, 2013

Don't even waste your money on this game

This game was a massive disappointment and not even worth the money, but if your kids really want to play this it contains some violence and very mild language. I mean the game is violent, but it is not bloody and it isn't even close to as bad as Black Ops, so I would say the perfect age would be 7. I wouldn't even bother it was a horrible game. If this were rated as movies are rated it would be PG-13: Violence, and some mild language.