Kid reviews for Brink

Online first-person shooter has some blood, mild profanity.

Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2012

9 years old

There is no blood or gore in the game, just violence, violence and violence. Too be honest, a 9 yr old would enjoy the game. It has some learning too it too! (fighting people to protect the ark)

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 14 years old Written byQuagorulez April 11, 2012

Great

Let me first say to all who says brink has too much blood, go play COD and say that again. Brink is a great game, its one of the few games that do not have a bad guy. Also, they are one of the few games where all you do is kill everybody. This game also shows a actual plot. This game is about a place called the "ark", which is seperated from other civilivation. one side, the resistance, wants to leave the ark to seek out other civilization. The security, on the other hand, want to stay and protect the ark. Finally, this game is kinda mild, not much blood and not much violence either. Plus, its rated t, which means its not like MW3 or Mass Effect. So brink is great for at least 9 or up, and pause for 7 and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written byG2B February 20, 2012

Cool Game . 14+ is definatly right on the mark.

Brilliant game but commensensemedia do usually say things are worse than they are. thats what they're for. But this IS reliable and i can tell you that its a great game. im not gonna say GO AHEAD KIDS at 12 and 11, but mature 13/14's.

Kid, 12 years old January 17, 2012

My opinions for Brink

This game is a good game and if you can get it, i would recommend it. This game honestly is not that bad for children, it is your call if your children can play it or not, but a solid eleven years old is definitely required

Teen, 14 years old Written byalexander1997 January 3, 2012

Great!

Brilliant game though it can be annoying eg enemy one shots you through a wall in single player ( a bit unrealistic) and on muiltiplayer you get owned unless ur about rank 20 people appear with shotguns and blast u to bits and it is a game so it is prone to hacking but apart from that great
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 December 26, 2011

Brink Review

It was interesting. I turned off the dialogue because of language, so I didn't really know what was going on until I read about it. It was pretty cool. There was graffiti on the walls that had cuss words at times, but I just ignored it. Had some blood, but I didn't splatter on the ground like Halo did. Looked like red star bursts. Didn't have females, so sexuality or nudity wasn't an issue (there was no nudity from men, either). All men. I'd say about ages 10-12 and up.

Kid, 9 years old November 23, 2011

Parent concerns

Brink is a great game BUT when the enemy is wounded they're on the ground begging for help to kill them you must shoot them and it might to look like torture to you but great for mature 12 year old and up

Kid, 10 years old November 11, 2011

hated it

dont bother the storyline is horrible and you can walk over to somebody who was shot and kill the only played 1 level and was horrified

Teen, 13 years old Written byInvisiblePanther August 29, 2011

PLEASE READ

this game is totally a kids game. so the blood barley any! and then language, now if you kid is maybe 11 but 12 or older then i'm sure they hear worse language then this! I'm 13 and i hear the f*** word every day. Does that mean its right? NO! But will this game change anything? PROBABLY NOT! The reason i say probably is because anything can happen. I don't know what kind of kid you are but trust me, this game is EXTREMELY MILD
Teen, 13 years old Written byscaredpancake August 18, 2011

Brink is Revolutionary!

Brink is a first-person shooter, but not like Call of Duty. Brink is not all about killing, like most first-person shooters. There is SMART movements to get over obstacles with ease. It runs on objectives , such as reviving your team-mates, opening safes, disarming explosives, and escorting robots. Also, there are different classes, with different abilities and objectives, much like Team Fortress 2. There are many different guns and attachments. Many different charachter outfits and great maps. The DLC agents of change is worth buying.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHeavy1337 August 18, 2011

A Great Game

I have played this game thouroughly and I think it is a great game! The content matter is nothing to worry about. There is very little blood, belive me. As for the language I have heard worse watching Christmas Vacation. This game is great. 5 stars!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybeastmon14 August 7, 2011

DON'T OVER-PROTECT YOUR KIDS!

It is a bit violent, but nothing that a teenager hears in a day of school. Parents, your kids (if they are 10+) learn alot of profanity. I learned the F-word in the 4th grade, and blood, come on, SHARK WEEK?!? this website is so protective, and I feel so bad for the reviewer's kids. I played gears of war in 6th grade, didn't scare me.

Educational Value
Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2011

Good game

Amazing game the violence was not the worst i've ever seen yet still the bleed when shot but little to no blood. The role models were good the really proved to be loyal but very pigeon holed and not listen to what the ark has to say. I have never had a problem with the online play but theres always that one guy out there that will mess with you. Every now and the if a character is shot till the piont where he is on the ground he will say s--t.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTheHeroOfTheLand678 July 29, 2011

Well-polished, not insanely violent or profane

I played this game with some friends and the gameplay involves a lot of teamwork elements (such as reviving and providing ammunition) Also, there is some depiction of blood but that's about it; you can hit enemies with your gun (but nothing sadistic like cutting them with a chainsaw). Characters are widely customizable along with the firearms (not real-life models). As for role models there's a security force that wants to keep people on the island and a rebel group that wants to leave. I think you see one character smoking a cigar at one point but it's quite short. Overall good game for 11-12 who can handle it.

Kid, 12 years old July 9, 2011

Brink is a fast-paced game good for children 10 and up.

In Brink, you may choose to play as one of two factions, The Resistance or the Security. The game offers hours of endless gameplay at a good price. There isn't too much blood to be of concern to parents and there isn't a lot of cussing.

In Brink, while you progress through levels, you unlock clothing and other fun stuff for your character. (you can do "Challenges" for weaponry.) The game offers near endless customization, from the size of your nose to the color of your pants.

The game is very cartoony but somewhat realistic. When wounded, players don't simply go blaaah and fall down; instead they fall to the ground and must wait until they die (and join their team's reinforcements) or are revived by a teammate. There are many weapons to choose from and teamwork is almost essential to gameplay. It may be hard at first but anyone can get the hang of it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEbanski July 8, 2011

EPIC!!!!!!!!

In 4 words: THIS GAME IS AWESOME!
I love it. To much fun!

Teen, 14 years old Written byway245 July 5, 2011

Horrible Game dont get!

Its very hard and theres no point to it. I never heard any language. All though, every time you shoot someone, every bullet they take, blood comes out. So there can be a whole pool of blood under them.

Kid, 10 years old May 18, 2011

perfect for 10 and up

i love it

Educational Value
Teen, 14 years old Written byIan in Anime May 15, 2011

Perfect for Teenagers

Brink, has no overly-violent, disturbing scenes, and little language. But you shoot a lot of people. There's also a bit too much blood. But this game is perfect for a normal teenager, this game also encourages teamwork. So your teen will actually be co-operating with other people (Giving them ammo, buffing their weapon, reviving people, buffing their health.) Overall, this game is perfect for anyone 13+, but somewhat iffy for anyone below 13.

Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2011

Learning from the Past, but highly fun and addictive

Brink is really fun and addictive it has nice graphics and involves teamwork. The game does actually copies some of my favorite games like Quake and Team Fortress. The violence is okay its not COD style violence but it is a bit bloody. Alo one of the best things about Brink is that you can make your Character Jump, Run, Slide and corner enemies while shooting and thats REALLY fun to do. Brink is a nice shooter that is worth trying out.