All teen and kid member reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Teen, 13 years old Written bymeme103 December 27, 2012

Great game!

this game has the best multiplayer, a great camaign, and zombies. You should let your 10 or 11 year old play this game. There is a setting to make it to where the violence isn't as graphic and it doesn't say a single cuss word.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTJarnot November 29, 2012

Violence and language but not as bad as you might think

Many people think "Oh, this game has shooting. It's not safe for kids." Im a 14 year old kid and I'v heard these things alot from parents. To be honest, my parents are cautious about these kinds of games but not too crazy about ratings. This game contains loads of violence obviously because it's a war game and foul language. But the people that you play as can be positive role models too. They protect their country from foreign invaders and save innocent people. The violence in the game, as I said, is from war. We all learn about shooting and gore at some point in our lives. The language is bad but nothing we won't hear when were all older. So I recommend this game for kids 12 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byInfoYouWant November 14, 2012

Like all the other First Person Shooters...

It's no more violent than all the other First Person Shooters that some kids play. I've seen footage of Black Ops II, and it honestly isn't any worse than all the others. I don't see what there is to be concerned about other than you can talk to people using your mic, (if you have one). Honestly, Common Sense Media really does exaggerate when it comes to video games. This game is fine for kids 14+
Teen, 13 years old Written byKid_57392 August 16, 2014
LEARNING

You can shut off the gore and language

This game is very violent for young people, but you can turn off the blood and bad language. This game is very appealing to a lot of kids. It doesn't wear off fast. So you or your kid won't get the game right away and then not play and waste 60 bucks.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylimabeanzrule May 22, 2014

One of the best C.O.D. games that I've played

Teen, 14 years old Written byEND3R FUSION December 18, 2012

I think it is fine for ages above 10

Really like all the call of duty games and I think common sense media over exaggerates a lot. This game does have the odd swear word and the violence isn't all that bad, also it can be all turned off. This game probably isn't good for kids that play all day but I don't see why kids older than 10 shouldn't play. Common sense take every little thing in games into something big when it isn't actually that bad.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTherealitythinker November 21, 2012

Parents Please read!!!!!!!!

Black ops 2 is a bad game. Most parents think that their kid will try to copy the guys on the screen. Why would any kid in there right mind want to get a gun shooting down people and think that someone will send them rewards(like care-package). That only happens in the real war. So think to yourself can I see my kid turning into a guy who shoots any guy that he sees!?!?!?
Teen, 16 years old Written byThat90sguy November 20, 2012

Best in the series! Hopefully the last CoD

Being a big CoD fan, I've played every game and will have to say that Black Ops 2 is the best CoD game I've played in a while. The campaign is much better than Black Ops 1, it's much darker, lots more action, better story, more involvement with the characters, and you have an option to change the story in the direction that you want, raising the replayability level. The multiplayer is much more fun than MW3, as spawning is fixed, the maps are open, and no more survival mode! Zombies has also been vastly improved now that it has joined the multiplayer component. Grief mode, which is 4v4 against each other on sections of the map, is a fresh idea and is done well as well as survival. However, the new TranZit map has its problems, for it is too complicated. There are new ways to explore the map such as doing the enormous easter egg to collecting parts to open up doors, its to much and makes the map over complicated. It's extremely easy to as you can make trains almost anywhere in the map. Other than that, it is a great game, but an inapproiate CoD as well. Violence is strong, right when you start the game, you see a man burning to death and you can't save him. There is also some gory moments of tourture, like shooting someone's legs off before sliting their throat, guresome. Language is also frequent, uses of f--k and s--t are common. Overall, this game has been the best CoD that i've played in a while, and I recommend it to older teens. One more thing to mention, I feel like that this has to be the last CoD, at least for awhile, because after this game, what other war can they cover that hasen't been done yet? None, because they have, and the series is getting old. Stop releasing these games every year Activision!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2014

This is an epic game

I think this game is good for 9 years and up. 8 year olds should be able to play but they need to be with an older person.It has gore blood ang bad language but you can turn all that off.
Kid, 11 years old February 25, 2014

Is call of duty black ops 2 good

Hi,I have halo and I'm am begging my mum into letting me buy call of duty black ops 2. She thinks that ma15+ games are to violent, I have been reading a lot of the reviews on black ops 2 and I have know test that you can tern the blood,gore and language turned off or down. I have told my mum about this which helped me a tiny bit on buying the game, mum just thinks your just going to get a bad inflow wins.
Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2013

Really fun game

the game is great! It is like any fps. It has blood and guns. 1 thing I did not like was when i was playing story mode i shot a guy's head off and his arm. Most of the call of duty games do not have gore but this one did
Teen, 14 years old Written bywhaustin99 August 29, 2013

bob

Teen, 13 years old Written byRiPZz99 August 13, 2013

If your child has been begging you to let them play it, READ BELOW

Okay, I have recently been allowed to play Call of Duty Black Ops ll and for one reason only- graphic content disabler. After you load up the game for the first time on your profile, you set up the general settings for your preferred gaming experience. After all the sound FX, music volume, etc. it asks you if you want to disable graphic content. THIS is the part I was talking about. If you are the somewhat protective parent of a teen i.e. 12-14 years of age, and you use this site, disable the graphic the content. This automatically turns off ALL language whatsoever and ALL blood or gore. The reason I say 12-14 is that I believe if your 15, you can play this any way you like. (Graphic content enabled) If your child has been begging you to play this game and are 12-14 years of age, allow them to play it with the graphic content disabled. If you don't have the game already, (My dad plays games like this, Grand Theft Auto, Prototype, Gears of War, etc.) I would strongly suggest they buy it themselves. It's a good way to show them how when you get new privileges like playing games like this, new responsibilities may occur. Thanks for taking your time to read my review! ~Adios
Kid, 11 years old June 11, 2013

not as bad as you think

I know what parents are thinking: human-on-human violence is not ok. But I assure you that you can censor all disturbing parts and the hero seems to only kill when he has to for the freedom and justice of others. Other than killing, the hero is something of a positive role model.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfirstworldproblems May 13, 2013

Mob of The Insane

*If you don’t want me to spoil Black Ops 2, don’t read!!!* When I was about 10 years old I heard about Treyarch’s game; Call of Duty Black Ops, & I was fascinated by it. When I was 12 going on 13, my sister’s boyfriend moved in & I finally got to play. Then I got Black Ops 2 when it came out. I started off not enjoying it. I was terrible at it & some people on there were really mean because of it. I started off with multiplayer. Multiplayer consists of twelve or fewer players. There are two teams & they’re against each other. The beginning maps on multiplayer are Aftermath, Cargo, Carrier, Drone, Express, Hijacked, Meltdown, Overflow, Plaza, Raid, Slums, Standoff, Turbine, Yemen, & Nuke town 2025. These are all new maps that are larger & more complex than the ones on Black Ops 1. Nuke town 2025 is a map of the future. The original map is on Black Ops 1. You & your team members run around the map & annihilate the opponents with your selection of weapon. That isn’t the only thing that multiplayer has, though. It has categories. Like Team Death match, Search & Destroy, Domination, Capture the Flag, One in the Chamber, etc. These have different duties. Like in Search & Destroy you have to get the bomb, plant it & kill the opponents before they kill you. One in the Chamber is where you play against 5 people & you have 3 lives & 1 bullet. Each map has its own topic. Like Nuke town 2025 is a neighborhood in Vegas. Along with multiplayer, I also play zombies. It’s where you & 3 other players fight zombies till you all die. There’s a mystery box with multiple weapons. You can also buy cheaper, less affecting weapons off of the wall. If the zombie smacks you a certain amount of times, you drop & a teammate only has a certain measure of time to recover you. Or else you die & have to wait till the next round to recover, with no weapons. On the map Tranzit, it’s a combination of less complex maps called Town, Farm & Diner. You can take a bus to get to each destination. The characters in this map are Misty, Samuel, Marlton, & Russman. This is an enhancement from Black Ops 1 because in Black Ops 1 there’s not a woman character. You can also play Town, Farm & Diner by themselves. On the map Die Rise, you’re on a group of skyscrapers. These characters are also Misty, Samuel, Marlton, & Russman. You can get a trample steam which is basically a trampoline. In addition to this map, it also comes with 4 maps on multiplayer. These maps are Hydro, Grind, Downhill, & Mirage. This map pack also comes with an additional small zombie map called turn. It’s at the diner & it’s where you play the zombie & try to eliminate the humans. On the map Mob of the Dead, which aroused my title, you’re at an old prison on Alcatraz Island. It was aroused by the actual prison that was there. The people that were imprisoned there were either psycho or “mobsters”. So the characters on the map are gangsters, or, mobsters. Hence: “Mob of the Dead”. The character’s names are Weasel, Sal, Billy & Finn which are the names of mobsters who were at the actual prison. This map pack also comes with 4 multiplayer maps which are Studio, Magma, Vertigo & Encore. You can get perks on all of these zombie maps. Some maps have ones that others don’t. The perks are Juggernog, Stamin Up, Tombstone Soda, Speed Cola, Quick Revive, Who’s Who, Electric Cherry, Double Tap, Mule Kick, & Dead shot Daiquiri. Juggernog allows you to get hit more than usual by a zombie & you won’t go down so quickly. Stamin Up allows you to run faster & switch your weapons faster. Tombstone Soda works when you go down. You die automatically. When you respawn, you walk over your tombstone that you dropped & you get back all of your perks & weapons. Speed Cola helps you to reload your weapons faster. Quick Revive allows you to revive your downed teammates twice as fast. Who’s Who allows you to revive yourself after you go down. Electric Cherry shoots out electricity when you’re reloading. Double Tap puts double the affect on your bullets. Mule Kick allows you to get an extra weapon. Dead shot Daiquiri aims all of your bullets at the zombies head so they die faster. In Black Ops 2, there’s also a campaign. This is basically preparation for multiplayer. You go through certain assignments. You’re playing as one player the whole time, & his name is Mason. After each completed operation, Mason will get captured, & of course, you have to get him out of it & save someone else. If you don’t complete the mission & you die, you have to restart the mission. This basically gets you prepared for multiplayer. The idea of this game is basically to kill & have pleasurable entertainment. You can meet new people & honestly learn new things. Despite the rude people you meet, you also meet nice people & become close with them. I think this game is tremendously fun & I recommend it for kids over the age of 11. I give it 4 ½ out of 5 tomahawks. If you play this game, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2013

Fine 10 and up who can be bothered to turn graphic content off

This is a really fun game and there are always things do do on it all language can be turned off along with graphic violence I really think that in Australia they overrate call f duty and don't even test it anymore because with graphic content off this should be pg-m not MA
Teen, 14 years old Written byLuke G April 6, 2013

Multiplayer can be for kids

I think that this game could be rated "T" if you turn off all the graphic content. If your child just wants to play multiplayer, you don't really have anything to worry about. There is no swearing, blood or gore in multiplayer. If your child has played "T" games such as the "Uncharted" series and the "Battlefield" series you honestly don't have anything to worry about. Just be sure to tell your kid that killing is wrong. And not to do anything that is done in the game in real life.
Teen, 17 years old Written byblackocelot007 March 24, 2013

Not nearly as bad with 'Graphic Content' turned off

I think that this game is just fine for people 13 and over, if the 'graphic content' is turned off. With graphic content turned off in options, there is no blood and gore, and all of the bad words are removed. When you shoot and AI, they just fall over. Probably not for kids 12 and under, or mature kids 12 and under. You do not learn much, but I have learned somewhat about the brutality of war.
Kid, 9 years old March 17, 2013

OK game but some inappropriate parts

i have not played a lot of black ops at all but i have seen my bro play i can tell u this, tons of language, blood is not very bad but still pretty bloody,violence i would not worry about.so if your kid has said some pretty bad words than it will most likely be fine.
Kid, 11 years old January 29, 2013

it's okay, but KNOW your kids very well

parents, it says black ops 2 is M for intence vilence, strong language,suggestive themes, use of drugs, and blood and gore. And the esrb are true, black ops 2 does have all that, but ther are options where you can turn off all of that exept for the drugs, so only let your kids play this game if they have had classes in school about how awful drugs are so this game will not be a bad influence for your kids