All member reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Teen, 13 years old Written byBigman668 December 16, 2012

Black Ops ll What Parents Think

It is really not as bad as parents think it is for me my mom takes a glimpse at it and says its violent. they dont understand the true meaning of what youre doing. Plus when parents see the blood in gameplay they dont understand that you can turn it off.
Teen, 15 years old Written byEvonyflyer December 3, 2012

Not as bad as it seems

I think this game is definitely not as bad as common sense media portrays it to be, but it really does depend on your kids. If you think that they're mature enough to let them play the game then let them, if not then don't.
Kid, 12 years old June 23, 2015

First Shooter

It's a fun game, being my first shooter. The multiplayer is not bad, bloody screen, a little blood. Campaign is fine, you can take off cussing and graphic content, I've tried both and I prefer if you have little ears to turn off the language and graphic scenes. Zombies is best for the younger kids who want to play a shooter, gave me a few nightmares when I was 9, but got used to it. The characters are in a way good role models, there is good in the game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystuffedp May 28, 2015

LEARNING

Look! it just isn't that bad

Ok, every single argument anyone has against online inappropriateness can be countered easily. You can turn all the language and blood off as many others have said. If you don't want your kids to talk to people online or not be able to see offensive emblems, there are parental controls on the xbox which will block them!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGamerMovieBookGuy May 27, 2015

Good Game But Very Gory

I think that this game is good for mature children . There is a graphic content filter and I think any child under 15 playing should turn graphic content off . This game has a lot of swearing and gore . I liked the player choice but I sadly got the bad ending . In this game you are taught about the horrors of war so that's a plus
Teen, 14 years old Written byMINERS DELIGHT April 12, 2015

LEARNING

pretty fun but dont invest into the campaign

this game is good but i wouldnt invest into the campaign its hard so i reccommend the multiplayer and becuase it is 2 years old no one uses the mic so hop on have some fun theres no drugs or violents in multiplayer you shoot the person and they drop to the ground no swearing if you mute everyone and no drugs sex or anything
Teen, 17 years old Written bySwaggyTurtleGamer April 1, 2015

Best Call of Duty There will ever be!!!

This is the title. It has the best campaign/multiplayer. The guns are great and so are the maps. It even has Zombie mode! This game is very violent, but I have it and I play it with my 7 YEAR OLD BROTHER! We play multiplayer together, but Zombies is a little to scary for little kids. So I only play that with my friends. Trust me parents, great game for 11 and up.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDiamondEnigma March 28, 2015

best game ever!!!!!

My parents work night and day so i takd care of them and I love this!!! My 6yr old brother plays and is fine! Just dont let angered/raging kids play kids at school use it as a motive to beat people up
Teen, 13 years old Written byyoulouzer26 March 23, 2015

Super inappropriate, but fun!

Goriest most unsettling game, but the funnest! This game is fine throughout multiplayer and zombies however, the campaign is so graphically violent and full of cuss words, that once finished children will never be the same! So if you play this game, TURN OFF THE BLOOD AND CUSSING! In the multiplayer teens create graphically sexual images, to be displayed next to there user name as well! Some people online harass and bully as well!
Teen, 15 years old Written byOMGitsMIKE March 1, 2015

IT'S OK!

I had to talk my parents into letting me play this. At first they said no. But then I brought up the fact that YOU CAN TURN OFF BLOOD AND GORE. Even still they are carful about what they buy. If you do have problems with other players online, just mute them. I think you should get it because its not as hardcore as other shooters. Also its an over all great game.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydantownr February 9, 2015

LEARNING

Hey, just because it has a little swearing AND you can even turn it off, what are they going to hear and see in high school in a couple years. And have your kids never seen blood? They understand a wound will lead to blood spewing out of the other player, but hey, its just a game
Teen, 13 years old Written byBigBossLt'sGtItOn133 February 9, 2015

Whatever.

There are so many 9 yr old's playing that it doesn't really matter what age should be playing it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjake.H knows it all February 2, 2015

LEARNING

This game is fun and ok for mature kids.

I am 13, my mom let me get this game when I was 12 because none of my friends could actually play it either. I showed her that for the first year that I have the game I would only kill zombies, and I did. Then I said "Mom I am now 13 may I please play killing people in campaign and multiplayer. She said yes, now you are able to turn off the blood and gore, b y going to graphic conetnt in the options button and pressing a or x on play station. Which I did and last but not least the swearing can be turned off by going to voice volume on anything zombies campaign and multiplayer and turning down the voice volume to 0. In conclusion yes a 11 year old who knows that it's just a game can play it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysupdakid December 27, 2014

no good

no play play, too inopropro
Teen, 13 years old Written bybclion6543 December 12, 2014

LEARNING

One of my favorite games

From what I've seen on common sense's reviews, they say everything is way worse than it is. My parents didn't want me to get it but when I finally convinced them they were fine with it. Its great and the only bad parts r in the campaign ( which I have never played). If u mute the people on chat there really is nothing bad about zombies or multiplayer. Also, voices from characters in zombies can be turned off if u don't like swearing. Overall, great game.
Kid, 11 years old December 7, 2014

Gorgeous game!

Takes CoD into the future for the first time in the series. Blood spurts from enemies when shot and puddles of blood form around them. Gruesome kills with machetes and shotguns are also there. There is tons of swearing. Zombies mode is extremely violent and gruesome too. BUT ALL OF THE GRAPHIC CONTENT CAN BE TURNED OFF IN THE OPTIONS, MAKING THIS A CHILD FRIENDLY GAME WITH NO BLOOD, VIOLENCE AND SWEARING. IT ALSO ASKS YOU IF YOU WANT ALL THE GRAPHIC CONTENT TURNED OFF WHEN YOU START THE GAME FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 November 28, 2014

LEARNING

Is it me, or am I really harsh with age ratings?

Ok, to start with: I don't actually own the game. However, I have played multiplayer at a friend's house, and I was pretty impressed. Considering the most modern games I own are Portal and Team Fortress 2 (both released in 2007) the graphics and physics blew me away. The action is, comparatively with TF2, very balanced, and the weapons are pretty interesting too. I like being able to customise my class extensively as well. I also know the basic storyline of the game, and think that with some character development it could make a nice action film. However, there is a lot of shooting, and although not as graphic as Half Life 2, just as realistic. There is some cursing and drugs, but the latter is only in storyline, and the cursing is only in storyline mode, or if you're playing online. Shame my parents won't let me get it. Very fun, can't wait to play it again.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams November 23, 2014

Just as awesome as the first.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II is so amazing. I'm a CoD fan. I have all the games and play them often. It's so action packed, nice graphics, and everything. Great job, CoD.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShockingReality November 19, 2014

LEARNING

Great game, but controversial.

Personally, I love Black Ops II. Okay campaign, amazing multiplayer, great zombies, and just overall fantastic. But the online community mess with that experience. You will hear some curse words over online, but you can mute people, inappropriate player cards, and violence. If you want to give this game for your child, be sure that they are mature enough before giving it to them.
Kid, 12 years old November 14, 2014

Zombies

Wow, the zombies are addictive. Okay, okay everyone says that the default maps (Green Run/Tranzit) is s**t. I agree partially, but Town (the map) is definitely the best map on the default itself. Very fun, but I do suggest a DLC, supposedly Nuketown, Origins or Mob of the Dead.