All member reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Teen, 17 years old Written byExperiencedGamer December 30, 2012

For appropriate children only.

There is an ESRB logo on the bottom on the box, M, which means the game is recommended for ages +17. DON'T BE FOOLED BY OTHER REVIEWS. There is no sexual content of any kind in this game. There is much violence, hence the name, Call of Duty, implying guns, shooting, and violence. If your child is mature enough to handle it then you can consider it for them. But still, if your child is under 17, please talk to them about it before buying it for them. If your child is 17 or over, allow them to go and buy it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBigman668 December 16, 2012

Black Ops ll What Parents Think

It is really not as bad as parents think it is for me my mom takes a glimpse at it and says its violent. they dont understand the true meaning of what youre doing. Plus when parents see the blood in gameplay they dont understand that you can turn it off.
Teen, 15 years old Written byEvonyflyer December 3, 2012

Not as bad as it seems

I think this game is definitely not as bad as common sense media portrays it to be, but it really does depend on your kids. If you think that they're mature enough to let them play the game then let them, if not then don't.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuper Gojira 2001 August 3, 2015

LEARNING

Great and addicting game for kids!

BOII is a great game for kids. This game should of gotten an E10+. A 17+ rating is very extreme. The violence is tame. In multiplayer, you'r constantly running around the map, so you don't have too much time to look at the 5 oz. puddle of blood that disappears in 2 seconds. The swearing is as much as what your kids hear at school. Players with mics online can be muted. However if your kid is younger than 11, I wold not allow hm to have a mic. Little kids screaming about how they died in the game online can be very annoying. Overall great game for kids. Parents who think otherwise are out of touch with modern technology and reasonable thinking.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymatty7890 August 1, 2015

Good but violent game

This game is fun if kids understand the violence isn't real. It is not remotely educational but it is enjoyable.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJustRelax July 26, 2015

Really?

OK so before you say, "Its Rated M So It Has to be BAD" just read this, when you first start of just go to the pause menu and turn of the graphic content and BOOM, no blood of language. and honestly, I think CSM is over reacting saying that there's sexual references, I mean think about it, look at the cover and read the description, do you REALLY think there's going to be any sexual references in this, and finally drugs, thay may smoke a cigar once or MAYBE twice but no real DRUGS, Just take it from me because I beat the game 3 times,
Teen, 14 years old Written byseanosully July 7, 2015

11 or 12 and up

First off I want to say that blood, gore and language can all be turned off at the beginning of the game. Second, When I say 12 and up I'm talking about mature 12 year olds. And to the parents who won't let their child play this because you don't think they are ready for it, the kid probably knows a lot of stuff you don't think they know. And lastly almost if not all of the cussing is in the campaign, which no one really plays, and in online multiplayer which you can mute players and you don't even need a headset to listen to the people.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynikeultra13ac July 6, 2015

good game but mature

Mature game I've played this game for 2 years and this game swares a lot ESPECIALLY CAMPAIGN. blood is used and the graphics make it look real zombies are scarier for young children
Kid, 12 years old June 23, 2015

First Shooter

It's a fun game, being my first shooter. The multiplayer is not bad, bloody screen, a little blood. Campaign is fine, you can take off cussing and graphic content, I've tried both and I prefer if you have little ears to turn off the language and graphic scenes. Zombies is best for the younger kids who want to play a shooter, gave me a few nightmares when I was 9, but got used to it. The characters are in a way good role models, there is good in the game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystuffedp May 28, 2015

LEARNING

Look! it just isn't that bad

Ok, every single argument anyone has against online inappropriateness can be countered easily. You can turn all the language and blood off as many others have said. If you don't want your kids to talk to people online or not be able to see offensive emblems, there are parental controls on the xbox which will block them!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGamerMovieBookGuy May 27, 2015

Good Game But Very Gory

I think that this game is good for mature children . There is a graphic content filter and I think any child under 15 playing should turn graphic content off . This game has a lot of swearing and gore . I liked the player choice but I sadly got the bad ending . In this game you are taught about the horrors of war so that's a plus
Teen, 14 years old Written byMINERS DELIGHT April 12, 2015

LEARNING

pretty fun but dont invest into the campaign

this game is good but i wouldnt invest into the campaign its hard so i reccommend the multiplayer and becuase it is 2 years old no one uses the mic so hop on have some fun theres no drugs or violents in multiplayer you shoot the person and they drop to the ground no swearing if you mute everyone and no drugs sex or anything
Teen, 17 years old Written bySwaggyTurtleGamer April 1, 2015

Best Call of Duty There will ever be!!!

This is the title. It has the best campaign/multiplayer. The guns are great and so are the maps. It even has Zombie mode! This game is very violent, but I have it and I play it with my 7 YEAR OLD BROTHER! We play multiplayer together, but Zombies is a little to scary for little kids. So I only play that with my friends. Trust me parents, great game for 11 and up.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDiamondEnigma March 28, 2015

best game ever!!!!!

My parents work night and day so i takd care of them and I love this!!! My 6yr old brother plays and is fine! Just dont let angered/raging kids play kids at school use it as a motive to beat people up
Teen, 13 years old Written byyoulouzer26 March 23, 2015

Super inappropriate, but fun!

Goriest most unsettling game, but the funnest! This game is fine throughout multiplayer and zombies however, the campaign is so graphically violent and full of cuss words, that once finished children will never be the same! So if you play this game, TURN OFF THE BLOOD AND CUSSING! In the multiplayer teens create graphically sexual images, to be displayed next to there user name as well! Some people online harass and bully as well!
Teen, 15 years old Written byOMGitsMIKE March 1, 2015

IT'S OK!

I had to talk my parents into letting me play this. At first they said no. But then I brought up the fact that YOU CAN TURN OFF BLOOD AND GORE. Even still they are carful about what they buy. If you do have problems with other players online, just mute them. I think you should get it because its not as hardcore as other shooters. Also its an over all great game.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydantownr February 9, 2015

LEARNING

Hey, just because it has a little swearing AND you can even turn it off, what are they going to hear and see in high school in a couple years. And have your kids never seen blood? They understand a wound will lead to blood spewing out of the other player, but hey, its just a game
Teen, 13 years old Written byBigBossLt'sGtItOn133 February 9, 2015

Whatever.

There are so many 9 yr old's playing that it doesn't really matter what age should be playing it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjake.H knows it all February 2, 2015

LEARNING

This game is fun and ok for mature kids.

I am 13, my mom let me get this game when I was 12 because none of my friends could actually play it either. I showed her that for the first year that I have the game I would only kill zombies, and I did. Then I said "Mom I am now 13 may I please play killing people in campaign and multiplayer. She said yes, now you are able to turn off the blood and gore, b y going to graphic conetnt in the options button and pressing a or x on play station. Which I did and last but not least the swearing can be turned off by going to voice volume on anything zombies campaign and multiplayer and turning down the voice volume to 0. In conclusion yes a 11 year old who knows that it's just a game can play it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysupdakid December 27, 2014

no good

no play play, too inopropro