All member reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Kid, 11 years old December 7, 2014

Gorgeous game!

Takes CoD into the future for the first time in the series. Blood spurts from enemies when shot and puddles of blood form around them. Gruesome kills with machetes and shotguns are also there. There is tons of swearing. Zombies mode is extremely violent and gruesome too. BUT ALL OF THE GRAPHIC CONTENT CAN BE TURNED OFF IN THE OPTIONS, MAKING THIS A CHILD FRIENDLY GAME WITH NO BLOOD, VIOLENCE AND SWEARING. IT ALSO ASKS YOU IF YOU WANT ALL THE GRAPHIC CONTENT TURNED OFF WHEN YOU START THE GAME FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 November 28, 2014

LEARNING

Is it me, or am I really harsh with age ratings?

Ok, to start with: I don't actually own the game. However, I have played multiplayer at a friend's house, and I was pretty impressed. Considering the most modern games I own are Portal and Team Fortress 2 (both released in 2007) the graphics and physics blew me away. The action is, comparatively with TF2, very balanced, and the weapons are pretty interesting too. I like being able to customise my class extensively as well. I also know the basic storyline of the game, and think that with some character development it could make a nice action film. However, there is a lot of shooting, and although not as graphic as Half Life 2, just as realistic. There is some cursing and drugs, but the latter is only in storyline, and the cursing is only in storyline mode, or if you're playing online. Shame my parents won't let me get it. Very fun, can't wait to play it again.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams November 23, 2014

Just as awesome as the first.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II is so amazing. I'm a CoD fan. I have all the games and play them often. It's so action packed, nice graphics, and everything. Great job, CoD.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShockingReality November 19, 2014

LEARNING

Great game, but controversial.

Personally, I love Black Ops II. Okay campaign, amazing multiplayer, great zombies, and just overall fantastic. But the online community mess with that experience. You will hear some curse words over online, but you can mute people, inappropriate player cards, and violence. If you want to give this game for your child, be sure that they are mature enough before giving it to them.
Kid, 12 years old November 14, 2014

Zombies

Wow, the zombies are addictive. Okay, okay everyone says that the default maps (Green Run/Tranzit) is s**t. I agree partially, but Town (the map) is definitely the best map on the default itself. Very fun, but I do suggest a DLC, supposedly Nuketown, Origins or Mob of the Dead.
Kid, 11 years old November 8, 2014

LEARNING
bo2 is a good game zombies is awesome campaign is good but has a graphic content filter which is good for kids and multiplayer is also good
Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2014

The Truth About COD: BO II

Don't skip this review because I'm 11. Just hear me out. First of all, Campaign is the main reason this game is rated M. Remember M stands for mature and if your kid is mature then maybe it would be ok. The only sexual content is basically what you can see at the grocery store on the cover of a magazine. The swearing and blood can be turned off in the options. The drug reference is a drug dealer. I've heard worse on the news for crying out loud. All the gore is in zombies and is not the most played part. Parents say that "Little Timmy got picked on by some 16 year old!" on multiplayer. Well you can mute that 16 year old for crying out loud! You can mute anyone. Since you can mute people then that eliminates the posable problem that your kid may pick up bad things. But if he wants to play with his friend and chat then just don't mute him! The violence is not at all like GTA. Believe there are very few times where you kill innocents but these can be skipped. For its genre it is about a "Medium M game" L4D (Left 4 Dead) can be more violent at times. Swearing in campaign is 1-2 f***s a few s***s and the rest is more mild (a**, d*mn, and h*ll). I gave it one learning dot because you CAN learn about the army and firearms, but mostly only if you look for that stuff. the is a 99.999999% chance that your kid won't kill someone. Play the game first parents if you can! Or watch gameplay on youtube. So basically only buy this for your kid if you think they can handle it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysupergojira2001 October 22, 2014

Really? 17+?

Yes there is swearing in the game. But you know where else there's swearing? IN REAL LIFE! People also smoke in this game, LIKE IN REAL LIFE! There is also blood, AGAIN LIKE IN REAL LIFE! I'm pretty anybody sane who's 8 or older won't run in the streets killing people because of this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbayes01 October 12, 2014

Call of duty black ops 2

Teen, 15 years old Written byEvenStevenMan October 5, 2014

Not what Common Sense Media says

Listen up: Games like this are never as violent as people think they are. Parents - It all depends on your kid. a lot of kids can tell the difference between real and virtual. This game isnt that violent, and you can even turn the blood and cussing off.
Kid, 10 years old October 1, 2014

Not as bad as it sounds

This game may be M rated but you can easily go to settings,turn off blood and gore then strong language. After that this game is not that bad and is like a T rated game,plus there is not that much sex/nudity and hardly any drugs.
Kid, 12 years old September 22, 2014

Its Really Not That Bad!

Alright, so I wasn't allowed to play M Rated games until I wan 12. As soon as you start up the game, it will ask you if you would like blood/gore, language, and disturbing scenes(Real life battlefield scenes, extremely violent scenes).This makes it age appropriate. But I think 10 is good enough.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPyroStryker495 September 14, 2014

Check Yourself First

This is a great game, but it has excessive violence and language more than necessary. I played this first when i was 13 and it left me mentally scarred for life. If you know that you can handle and isolate the bad parts in your head, then it's not too bad of a game. The story is really good and has its share of positivity.
Teen, 14 years old Written byzebreviewer September 5, 2014

Best Call of duty yet!

Unlike others black ops II strives for the best Its creativity and story will give you a great thrill. M: strong violence and combat, language and gore
Teen, 13 years old Written byHarvster5 September 3, 2014

Keep on the Multiplayer.

The Single Player campaign is where the violence, language and drugs are at. Keep your kids on the multiplayer, it could be as violent as star wars. But if you know your kid well, let him play zombies mode.
Kid, 10 years old September 1, 2014

Think of it

Every kids dream game is this, you can always turn of blood, even though there is not much, the language is not even that bad and there are barely any drugs at all, the Australian classification board says it is MA15+ but it is not that violent! my recommendation is for Tweens and over.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiwouldtrustme13 August 28, 2014

iwouldtrustme14

one of the most fun mulitiplayer in call of duty there is alot of cursing in the campaign but you have the option to turn that off at the begining of the game turning off the graphic content makes this game not that bad at all and when you turn off the graphic content it turns off blood language gory in all modes
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolguy300 August 23, 2014

The Truth

This game is fine for a 12 year old and about online you can mute other people and theres a graphic content filter which turns off bad language and blood and half of the swears you start hearing in middle school so its alright for kids 12 and older
Kid, 11 years old August 18, 2014

YOU CAN TAKE OFF BLOOD AND GORE

To be honest, other than ZOMBIES, this game should be rated a teen game. You can also take off blood and gore, meaning no blood and censored swearing. There's no sexual content and no nudity ( not sure if I spelled that right)! Trust me, I've seen worse games like GTA 5.
Kid, 10 years old August 6, 2014

LEARNING

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Review.

Ok unlike my other reviews I can't argue anything positive for this game except it is probably the best game I had ever played. It is by far the best Call of Duty games. The first person shooter view and the graphics are just to good to be true. With many maps the best guns out of all of the Call of Duty games. (In my opinion.) I think everyone 10+ can play this because it is a little inappropriate but extremely fun.