All teen and kid member reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2014

COD BO 2

I think a 14 yr old can play it as long as they understand that violence is not fun! NOT FOR TWEENS!
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2013

The Zombies is not for kids

This game has intense scenes of blood and gore it is fine for the teen who plays violent video games. nuff said about campaign. the zombies is what you need to worry about the violence is bad with heads and limbs getting blown off with the gruesome thing crawling on the floor with an undying taste for human flesh. the fear impact is what you need to worry about with hordes of undead surrounding you and no hope for a cure or escape this will inspire GREAT fear into hearts of kids with the worst outcome becoming a child coming down at night with relentless nightmares of zombies eating their bones.... NOT FOR KIDS
Teen, 13 years old Written bystealthbomb3r9 December 19, 2013

Very Good

Violence, but overall VERY fun and addicting. Played it for 7 hours.
Kid, 11 years old December 9, 2013

Great game

Awesome game
Kid, 11 years old December 3, 2013

This is a great game for your kid, and it isn't bad for him/her

Every single Call of Duty game that I have played so far has been great, this one especially. Yes, there is violence, yes, there is cussing, and yes, there is blood. But that can all be turned off with the click of a button. I have played this game many times, campaign, multiplayer, zombies, you name it. It is not bad for your kid. It all depends on YOUR kid. He does have to be mature and not take everything they do in this game and put it into real life.I know when you play the game you are killing people, but it's to defend your country. Plus it's really fun. But just trust me. I play this game and many others like this all the time, and they are perfectly fine. I think you should buy this for your kid and not let it control his life, set a limit for how long he/she plays it if you want. Thank you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byManlyCeo December 1, 2013

Got to be kidding me

I started playing call of duty at age 10 its not a bad game at all the only problem coming from this game is your kid getting addicted to it this is probably the least inappropriate M rated game it's an excellent starter game for kids who have never had any M rated games personally I think it should be rated T for teen and I wouldn't get any call of duty for any console but the xbox or ps3
Teen, 14 years old Written byBradley Udziela November 28, 2013

good game

you can turn the graphic content off so there isn't much language or blood
Teen, 13 years old Written byVoxel_Marine November 27, 2013

Please reconsider

One thing that a lot of kids these days do is play video games. One of the more popular is Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Some parents don't like this game because of language, violence, and people shooting other people. Today I will be talking about different reasons why we kids should be allowed to play. My dad doesn't like the language and humans shooting humans. The language is only in the campaign, which you don't need to play. In multiplayer, when someone dies, it's very animated. The blood just falls and you can turn it off; and the player just falls down. You don't really see their faces. You can call in missiles but all they do is just go boom. I think it's a really cool game, not for the shooting, but for how much you can customize your things. For all you parents out there reading this, please reconsider your choice of not letting your kid play this game. Maybe play it yourself once or twice, but at least consider it. Thank you for your time.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMaverick's Reviews November 24, 2013

Good Game not bad

Hey everyone if your a kid over 8 and your begging your parents for this game well you've came to the right reviewist. The game has one bad thing and that is shooting and smoking(but everyone knows what smoking is)! The game is a fps and action packed. This game gives your children a education about how wars occur and how tuf it is to be a soldier. When they go to school the wont be like I want to shoot guns and work for milatry because the ysee how hard it is and crule the captain treats you. The game says a bad word every 3 minutes but you can turn off the sound of that. this game is good for kids and very fun. BUY IT!! Ohh AND THERES NO SEX!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpecial J November 24, 2013

Know Where Your kid/teen is at.

The story line is very amazing, especially for a video game. It was written by the person who wrote The Dark Night Rises, David S. Goyer. However, there is violence, blood, gore, and language. Blood, gore, and language can be turned off through settings, language completely and blood & gore almost entirely. For certain parts the screen is pixelized or blacked out and voices pause until the cuss word is left out. The violence stays however, you are still shooting guns at computer people. However, if your kid is mature enough and knows the reasoning behind being a soldier and killing others, then it is fine. If your child is easily influenced by media, then the violence is something to be wary of. There is also some consumerism to be wary of. Treyarch offers map packs to buy for multiplayer that cost extra money. These bonuses allows the player to play on more "maps" in multiplayer mode. All in all, know who your kid is in maturity.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDibbleybop3730 November 23, 2013

Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 Truth

call of duty black ops 2, its a fantastic game, and i dont know what common sense is talking about with the 3 dots for sex, i could see worse at the mall, and i have. the swearing and blood can be turned off by pressing a button, and without those, this game should be rated TEEN, the multiplayer has no swears, but the people playing it...they do. they can all be muted, or you can just turn down the volume. also, zombies, not bad at all im just gonna say that.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBulbasaurlover November 18, 2013

Doesn't live up to predecessors, has some concerns.

Though not as good as earlier games in the series, Call of Duty: Black Ops II is a on - par game. Violence is an issue, with blood squirting out like in every shooter. The profane language is an issue, too, with most 4 letter words, and variants such as "C*cksucker." The language, violence and sexual materiel can be turned off, but, personally, it detracts from the experience. Unless you're reading with the subtitles on, the sentence may be broken up, because the audio cuts out around the swear word, and it not only cuts out the swear word, but some words surrounding it. There's a mission where you have to go through the antagonist's drug bunker, and you can shoot packages, and cocaine powder bursts out of it. It supports online voicechat, but you can choose to mute certain players.
Kid, 8 years old November 15, 2013

Great game but too much language.

Great Call Of Duty game but a lot of bad language. But if the graphic content option is off it is for 13 and up. And I wish the graphic content button did not turn off the blood and gore.
Kid, 12 years old November 11, 2013

Call Of Duty

My Father lets me play the multilayer version as it isn't as violent and dosent swear but says words like a** but my dad says i cannot under any circumstances play campaign or zombies so i think kids can play call of duty with the right boundries!
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2013

stop playing this game.

this game, neigh the whole series is an overhyped, overdone mess of a game that tries to suck every last penny out of your wallet. every single game features an overpowered weapon that the scum over at infinity ward don't try to fix, every map and environment is bland as cream cheese sandwiches, and everybody online seems to want to "#### your mom." don't even think about playing this game if you don't want your child to learn how to cuss. stay away from Call of Duty if you are a child or have any taste of what "fun" means.
Kid, 12 years old October 22, 2013

great game!!!

This is a great mmo/fps game hat can be played over and over. There is a lot of language and blood, which can be toned down on the filter. The only part I dislike is the zombies.
Kid, 11 years old October 21, 2013

Please Read Parents

This Game Contains Very Strong Combat Violence And Bad Language. To Me Its Really Good Game.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySelrak20 October 17, 2013

13 and up, But Know Your Child

Like other reviews, CommonSenseMedia doesn't tell you the whole story. Now, for the blood/gore/violence, when the game is first put in, like other CoD titles, you can chose to enable or disable graphic content, so simply be there when he/she unboxes it and puts it in the console. This eliminates any "red liquid" coming from killed players. However, red stuff still is part of the maps and still comes up on your scree when you are injured, but it is not nearly as graphic as before. Now to the concerns. There is one word of language in Multiplayer (probably what you kid wants it for). Whe playing as the team "Mercs" a man will say in your ear at the start rarely, "keep your head up and a** down, it's go time". Also there is open throwing around of bad words such as f***, s***, d**n, d**k, and even in some cases, c***. However, there are parental controls on the Xbox itself's settings to disable open chat to random players. ( I don't know about PS3, but I assume so). Campain is littered with bad words, but so is Middle School. If you think you child is mature enough to handle this, then by all means, it is a fun game that I enjoy playing myself. Thanks for Reading
Teen, 14 years old Written byKRSHGAMINGPRODUCTION September 30, 2013

TREYARCH v TROLLARCH

this game is really cool and fun and it has only 2 glitches the nuketown grisly gun glitch and sniper screamer glitch
Kid, 10 years old September 25, 2013

First Person Shooter has made a legendary comeback!!!

Call of duty black's ops 2 is a great first person shooter, with Ok campaign, good zombie mode and a perfect multiplayer mode. Although good, foul mouthed violence is an issue but scenes can be turned of. Some intense decisions must be made by the player in missions but worth your money!