All teen and kid member reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Kid, 10 years old August 12, 2013

great

It's super bloody but it is a great influence in the campaign your trying to rescue people defend America it is ok for ten and up
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2013

asaa

I am 13 and i own this game. All the reviews about language and other things don't really matter, considering the majority of buyers play multiplayer where there is no cursing
Kid, 12 years old August 1, 2013

12 or older, maters on maturity level.

Once you buy the game it will give you a option to turn blood & gore on or off. If you do not feel comfortable with the language and gore, then press no. The language is as bad as any horror movie made since 2000. Its violent thats for sure. Make your kid sign a contract that if he swears, or acts out violently the game is taken away. It maters about the child's maturity level, how he handles situations. Maybe even make him vegetables to get it. Two thumbs up for the game though.
Kid, 12 years old July 31, 2013

GREAT GAME, PARENT'S SHOULDN'T BE WORRIED ABOUT VIOLENCE OR LANGUAGE

I am 12 years old, and my mom was a little skeptical about getting this game. Their is a graphic content filter, which makes the game basically become a teen version of this game. The filter will filter out language, blood, gore, and even when there is a graphic cutscene the screen will just go black. This game, in my opinion was very fun and had a good storyline. If you are worried about your kids becoming violent, check with them because this game is basically all about shooting other people.
Kid, 9 years old July 29, 2013

CALL OF DUTY

not a bad game drinking and language is an an issue
Teen, 13 years old Written byloganburns57 July 27, 2013

Copy and paste every year

Vaas was talking about CoD when he was talking about insanity It's the same f**king thing over & over again
Teen, 14 years old Written bytmladd July 22, 2013

Great game with content on/off. Terrible community content.

Call of duty: black ops 2 is a futuristic first person shooter. If you didn't know, there is a blood&gore(and some language) on/off switch, so most of the content is corrected with that. The only thing you have to worry about is violence in multiplayer and more violence in campaign. People with mics may be a problem, so turn off multiplayer voice (or use the ingame mute). The zombies will still have blood and gore and swearing in multiplayer zombies, so watch out to make sure they just play on local. Also, do know that a TON of people online use emblems riddled with nudity, violence, profanity, and more. Sadly, there is no way around the emblems(Character made logos for their account). This game has almost no problems besides the online zombies and the emblems.
Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2013

Obviously For teens.

Not for kids, But its for teens. The reason why I think it isnt for kids because it includes swear words, and has alot of violence. You might think it is for kids, but it isnt. The rating clearly says "Mature" and says it has violence, language, etc. Also about the safety & privacy, there are sometimes teenagers playing the game online, and might offend the kid who is playing. I've played this game before, and The people playing online are really offensive. They call you names that I cannot say, etc.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTurtlelover70 July 20, 2013

Calm down!

CALM DOWN PEOPLE CALL OF DUTY IS PERFECT for tweens ! You know you can't hide them from that language much longer !they hear it a lot at middle school and up! The vilonce is not bad in ANY of them ( mabey modern warfare 3 is a bit more scary ) it is great !
Teen, 13 years old Written byrmacleod18 July 12, 2013

You can change gore/language settings

Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2013

Harlem Road

I have this game myself for Wii u .But you can turn off blood and gore.And. Language to.For those who can not play it. I am only 9 years old.I've played multiplayer,the campaign and zombies without me seeing single drip of blood or hearing a single cuss word.
Kid, 12 years old July 9, 2013

Awful game with slight violence

This game is known for its multiplayer so I will review that. It is quite violent with its super fast paced shooting. You can get dogs to attack people, rocket launchers etc. People on the microphone usually shout vulgar things but you can mute them. The actual game itself is one of the worst games I have played. Zombies is not bad but can be frightening for some. Get this game if you just like to shoot without thinking with no plan.
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2013

Meh

Personally, I don't like the game that much. But this game is very realistic unlike other games. It pretty much depends on how mature your child is. For example: a kid that talks about it all the time and thinks to use the violence shown in game = Not for this child For example: A kid who plays roughly but knows this violence, language, and sexual content is wrong to imitate in real life = For this child I have personal experience with many of my friends that use a lot a violence and try to touch me while just playing a game. Please talk to your child before letting them play.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire July 5, 2013

Really good

This is a game for teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written bya_sensible_user July 3, 2013

Okay for Jr. High and older

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is a first-person shooter game. This game consists of three modes: singleplayer (a campaign with missions and a story), mulitplayer (online matches with other people or bots), and zombies (where you kill the undead and other people online optional). First of all: ALL GRAPHIC CONTENT CAN BE TURNED OFF with a change in the settings or at the start of the game. This easily makes the game like a T for teen game. The singleplayer is most deserving of the M rating. It does have some violent cutscenes and language with gore, but again, this can be turned off in the settings. Sexual themes are virtually non-existent, with the exception of a single campaign mission where there are silhouettes of pole dancers in a hallway (nothing is shown, and you don't have to stay in that hallway for the mission). Now on to the multiplayer mode (this is where most of the time will be spent). The multiplayer mode has almost nothing to worry about. It is friendly to beginners and expierenced players, and has lots of replay value. When people die in multiplayer, a little bit of unrealistic blood (no wounds shown) comes out, and the dead character falls over and drops its gun. There may be cases of a profane player that has a microphone that curses, but this can be easily dealt with by muting that player. In zombies, there is not much to worry about, unless your child still has nightmares and thinks the boogie-man is hiding in his/her closet. It is arcade-like, and is very unrealistic. It's kind of like being put into a poorly made zombie movie with a PG-13 rating. Overall, it should be okay for your child to play if he/she won't be influenced by it (if he/she can be influenced by video games, your child probably shouldn't be allowed on the internet, as it is very unlikely that it will have any influence on him/her).
Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2013

18? My foot...

I think that age ratings are utter rubbish. For this game, it's an 18 because of violence, drugs, swearing and sexual themes. The violence: It's nothing I haven't seen on other FPS games, and this only needs to be a problem if you are very easily scared and traumatized. The drugs: There's only smoking, which is something everyone sees on the streets every day. The swearing: I already know all the swear words, so why should this be a problem? If you're worried your child might use the words more frequently after hearing them a lot, just mute it. The sexual themes: No sex or anything like that, just girls dresses in mildly suggestive clothing, which you see on the streets every day. There's also a graphic content reducer in the options menu, which bleeps out all of the swear words and blacks out the screen to block out the really graphic violence. In short, I believe this game is fit for children 10 years old upwards, provided they are mature and not very affected by pixelated violence. The game itself is utterly brilliant. Zombies has returned better than ever, with really good new maps. True , they're smaller than the black ops 1 maps, but they're way more intense and fun. The problem is, all the fire flickering makes it lag quite badly, worse on the PS3. The online gaming is awesome, especially with the revamped Nuketown map, Nuketown 2025. There is the possibility of online bullying, but you can just mute whichever playes you think are annoying you. This is the best CoD experience yet.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymusicforver July 2, 2013

Older teens +

Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2013

Gore

This has guts, blood and gore. If you shoot a player gruesome puss will pour out there body. This also has gritty language.
Teen, 17 years old Written byjohnny depp1234321 June 27, 2013

The truth about cod 2

this is a fun kid friendly game that has no violence and lots of learning capabilities.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycommonsensesucksbals June 23, 2013

commonsense is lying. dont listen to these losers.

listen, commonsense is terrible. They blow many games out of proportion. Call of Duty may have violence, language, and sometimes an unsafe online environment, but it is okay for kids who are mature enough for these kinds of things. Many kids cannot handle Call of Duty, but some can. Really, I see commonsense as a group of people trying to get violent games off of store shelves because it causes "violence and crime". Now tell me, what video game caused people to kill in the 80's, Tetris? Violence will always be a part of the world, commonsense. I hope your site gets hacked.