All member reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Teen, 13 years old Written bymaxxer_laxxer May 5, 2013

Okay if blood and goer is off

You may not care about what I am saying because I am a mere teen, but, I've played this game many times so you should take my response into consideration. This game does have violence and tones of blood and profanity. That is most likely why you are hesitant to let let your kid play this title. There is a setting though where it censors everything. No blood, No goer, No swearing. With that setting turned on the game is okay and safe to play for 12 and up. With the bad stuff probably 16+ though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThomas987 May 5, 2013

Great

Great Game. Would recommend for 7 and over. There is a setting to turn off extreme violence and swearing. If this is on it turns off swearing so much that it wont even say Crap. It also stops limbs flying off. Multiplayer is alright but some people swear and make rude emblems. Zombies mode is gruesome but not scarer. The only extreme thing is one level on campaign the is 3 minutes of 'torture' at the end. This CANNOT be skipped
Teen, 15 years old Written byvention April 30, 2013

COD Black ops II

Thare is killing but alsow a story about a boy. You can alsow join clans if you are good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEpicgamingking April 27, 2013

TURN OFF GORE

I am 11 and have it. it's not super violent if you turn off the gore and language in the beginning of the game but it is still killing people.without turning off the gore it is extremely violent with limbs and heads and guts flying that stain the inviroment.language is bad without the off gore option. They say fu$@ and s*** quite often. But it is a good lesson.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjdog54 April 26, 2013

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Review

This is an action packed game, one of Activision's best! There a few points that should be high-lighted before you purchase this game. Campaign is intense. Another negative about the campaign section of this game is the language. Strong words are used but only in this part of the game mode. I would recommend not letting your kid play this if he or she is below 14. Zombies is a futuristic game mode that made scare some kids due to horror themes and blood. Multiplayer is the best part of this game. If your kid wants this game only for this portion of the game the answer should be at least of a maybe. Multiplayer is a good opportunity to play and interact with friends. Studies have shown games such as Call of Duty: Black Ops II stimulate the brain and lead to faster reactions and a better ability to do things such as multitask. Before purchasing this game, consider your child's age and maturity.
Teen, 14 years old Written by69 awesome April 21, 2013

great game

love this game it has a lot of violence and language. I like zombies its umm... ok i guess.
Kid, 11 years old April 21, 2013

BEST MULTIPLAYER, BUT MUTE EVERYONE!!!!

Aww man. I can't tell you how good this game is! I haven't yet played campain because multiplayer And Zombie survival is AMAZING! It's not really violent because you can turn off all the blood/gore and the bad language when you first play the game. Zombie survival isn't that bad! It needs good cooperation, because when you die, you fall into second chance, then your team mate must revive you, and also you must have eachothers back. Muliplayer is AMAZING!!! You can mute everyone so they can't hear you, and you can't hear them, and it's super fun. There are no drugs in zombies or multiplayer( if you mute everyone), but I'm not sure about campaign. When I asked my dad, I said everyone in my class plays it, which is true, and he said " Okay! Go for it!". We play it together.It's no worse than Halo. It's probably less gorey than the news( if you saw all if the Boston bombing ;( )!
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2013

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Violence:4/5. When enemies are shot blood will spurt out and if you are playing zombies their body parts and heads will fly off. Language:5/5. Tons of language, but usually only in campaign. The reason I put positive role models is because the characters you are playing are fighting for the army, most of the time the U.S. army, but there will be some other ones too. Now you're probably thinking thay this game is horrible and there's nno way you're getting this for your kids. But fear not, you will not have to listen to your child bug you about this game any longer, because, as with the first Black Ops, you have the option to turn the blood, gore, and language off. However the game will still say a few minor cusses such as cr*p, d*mn, h*ll, and a*s, but not very often. However in multiplayer or zombies online, players can chat with each other and are free to say whatever they want. But just get into a game, bring up the scoreboard, and press the button it says on everybody's name to mute them. So the next time your child asks you for this, make sure you know that your child is mature enough to handle the violence/language, and go for it. He/she will thank you for a long time, I know I thanked my parents a lot when I got the first and second Black Ops for my 12th b-day. :)
Teen, 16 years old Written bytellingthetruth April 15, 2013

13+

Okay they maybe language,gore, first of all gore can be disabled and language can also be disabled.The zombies look scary but you learn to fight zombies
Teen, 13 years old Written byRainbowDash April 13, 2013

Common Sense is full of crap! Awesome game.

This game is AMAZING and what Common Sense says is complete crap! The game itself is bad but only if you let in. Zombies allows you to blow off thier legs,shoot of arms and shoot of thier heads and the characters make say some qoutes that are offensive like the characters are called s**ts,a*****es and do say some things about "private" areas. Zombies deserves a 17+ rating for its mass violence and things of the sort. Campaign includes similar things like in zombies minus the jokes and qoutes. But in campiagn you can censor stuff like the blood,violent cutsecne and language through the "Graphic Content" (a.k.a GC mode) option. With GC on kids 11 and up can play but without it on teens 13 and up can play still. Multiplayer is the least violent as some blood comes out if the player is shot and if you stab then they grab there neck or reach for the back of there neck and fall over with some blood where they died and they get blown up there is no blood. The other thing you may need to worry about is the players who use a mic who may swear but you can mute.Multiplayer gets 11+ Common Sense... next time look further into the game before writing a review.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDaric April 11, 2013

Ok game, Agressive players

The tags I gave are not from game play as much but from online interactions you kind find no other game than this where people are cussing trash talking and inappropriate slurs know your kids on this one people say some very offensive stuff in the multiplayer mode of this game.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2013

great game

call of duty black ops two is not a bad game you can turn the blood and langue off by turning the sound off and turning off subtitles
Teen, 13 years old Written byHaxis27 April 5, 2013

DO NIT BUY WHAT SO EVER NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOUR KIDS BEG OR CRY OR PLEED

this game was one of the worst games I have ever played and a waste of $60 that I will NEVER NEVER get back if our child is stupid enough to disere this game so bad and you are NOT a LIBERAL parent buy them black ops one it at least give a brief histoy lesson that communism is evil and china is bad and that Marxsim never works and teaches about soviet conspirerys and has Awsome multiplayer music but any way this is about black ops 2 this game is the opposite it has THE WORST STORY LINE EVER AND WORST LOCATIONS AND LACKS REALISM the story of a drug dealer who founds a Socalstic terrorist group from ex.Cuban malitia serious and this game is in the 2020's these cuban men must be in there 60's and why Cuban maltita why thats so stupid and they fought with two main guys and these Cuban merc look about 20 the Angolan civil war was in the 70's most MPLA. batels were fought with Portagese soldiers not American CIA the CIA did provide intel but never did really serve with Portogese or Pro-democratic Angolan troops in this game there somthing that really ticks me off is that the USA is a VERY VERY strong supporter of China the Chinese are responsible for Genocide of Muslim Uyghurs from 1949-today but in several missions you meet with Chinese in a very warm manner the Americans are supposed to be anti-communist and the terrorist attack by the drug dealer on LA. what the heck? drones serious not a small and realistic attack like a hostage cririsis in the trade area or stock exchange and a tactical rescuer nope millions of drones bombing china and LA. how stupid dose that sound and this terrorist hides in Hati who Gose to Hati to plot a terrorist attack of this scale or to have HQ of a super high tech company
Kid, 8 years old April 4, 2013

Not for kids under seventeen

Very violent gory first person shooter.
Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2013

Black ops 2 is awesome

Yes this game does have bad stuff in it but it is so awesome! But since it has violence and blood, i say atleast let your child play if they are atleast in 11 years and/or up. Plus its an army game and not one of those games where you kill people for fun so it kinda has role models
Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2013

Boring

I'm eleven and this is very ussless gme. I'm not going to stop your opinion, but people go ESTATIC for this game. It has almost no use in body value.
Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2013

calof duty

this is for kids
Teen, 17 years old Written byScorpion_Fan March 29, 2013

Black Ops II: Insane Violence & Deep Experience

Once again, I return to the expanding Call of Duty franchise to give a review on Black Ops II, the most recent addition to the ludicrously popular series. As an avid COD fanboy myself, I bought the game right when it came out, and play for hours. Here is my verdict. OVERVIEW Call of Duty: Black Ops II is the immediate successor to Black Ops, the game that had players in the tortured shoes of special ops agent Alex Mason. In Black Ops II, players will control Mason's son, David, as he tries to take down Raul Menendez, an international terrorist hellbent on the complete annihilation of the West. A THREE-WAY TIE Gamers can choose between three game modes to enjoy: Campaign, which tells the story, Multiplayer, which allows players to compete online, and Zombies, which gives gamers the chance to annihilate hordes of the undead in a frantic race to survive. Fitted into the deep Campaign is another mode to play: F.O.B. Operations. These are side-missions that indirectly affect the story. These missions offer players the chance to take out swarms of enemies and hone their skills as squad leaders at the same time, as they will be able to order their team from the air while switching between squad members. MULTIPLAYER BONANZA Online multiplayer is where Call of Duty: Black Ops II truly shines. Offering more than 10 gameplay modes, players will be able to enter intense firefights with their friends or go split-screen in local matches. Featuring deep loadout customization options, gamers can change up their weapons, perks, and even give certain loadouts unique camo. Please note that when playing online, gamers are oen to voice communication, which poses a serious safety concern. POSITIVE ELEMENTS As before, little in Call of Duty can be called positive, but it has its redeeming moments. Scores of characters fight bravely to the bitter (and often gory) end, sacrificing much to help their friends and country. David, AKA Section, will do whatever it takes to bring down Menendez. Mason and Hudson do everything they can to rescue Woods. VIOLENT CONTENT This game is brutal beyond measure. Blood and gore paint the landscape red. Literally. In the opening sequence, a man is hanged, another is dead, laying in a massive pool of gore. A girl is burned alive. Men (and women) are ripped apart by bullets in one mission. People have their heads cut off by Menendez. Grenades blow off body parts. Heads explode. Torsos are torn open. Legs are reamed. Guts are spilled. General chaos. There are intense sea battles and dogfights. Cities are nuked, killing millions. Explosions are plentiful and huge. People are stabbed and tortured. OTHER NEGATIVE ELEMENTS There is bountiful swearing. The f-word is uttered more than 100 times in the Campaign, along with s---, a--, b----, c--ksucker, h---, and d---. God's name is abused. CONCLUSION Call of Duty: Black Ops II is a very enjoyable game, and easily one of the most immersive out there. It is also a very controversial game, riddled with grey moral decisions that make one pause and think. Do you pull the trigger and save your life? Or do you take the bullet and spare the life of your comrade? It's a game that requires you to think about your decisions in life. You should also think before playing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byidkman March 28, 2013

Parents move out of your comfort zone!

This game is one of my all time favorites. Many people are concerned about blood and gore and maybe even language, but to be honest the whole cod franchise contains a comfortable level of all these things. It does not have too much blood, yet the same thing applies for language (which you can turn off in-game as a matter of fact.) So to those parents out there I am now 18 years old and have lived a while playing the cod games and have had no troubles. It didn't make me any different than who I am. I started playing cod when I was 11 and was completely comfortable. The best age for teens to play this game in my opinion would be 13. No matter what you are playing campaign or multiplayer the cod franchise is I admit somewhat violent, but still a like able environment and should be played by anyone willing to do so. Thank you
Teen, 13 years old Written byCWG1 March 26, 2013

Great Game..... Good Message!

I love this game. It has epic scenes of great fighting and war. Has a strong gripping plot that will keep you sucked in for hours. Although this game is Super violent and has unrelenting language it is still An amazing video game with a fun Mini-Game famously know as black ops: zombies... And fun multi-player where you play with either friends or people worldwide in different Game Modes to play. Although it is Gory and has tons of language it has a good take on what war is like. Also you have the ability to turn language and blood of. If this were rated as movies are rated this would be R: Strong Bloody War Violence, Pervasive Language, Drug References.