All member reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Extremely violent military shooter with profanity, drugs.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written byGenericUsername November 18, 2012

Seriously Common Sense!?

Once again, they over exaggerated when it come's to video games. To be honest, this game isn't that bad of what kid's will actually play. Kid's sometimes just skip the campaign because of it's bad past (plus you can censor the graphic content at the beginning of the game). I didn't play the game without graphic content, I didn't fell more violent, I didn't want to watch it. As for multiplayer, people swear, rage, scream, and troll (internet harassing, usually against someone that's taking the game to seriously). Just mute them, now you can mute all with one click. Blood is limited, there's like a splash of blood and they drop dead, nothing graphic As for zombies, it's actually the least violent mode, your killing zombies for one thing, splash of blood and there dead like multiplayer, and it's requires cooperation. Yes there's the online community issue again, but I've found them nicer in zombies because you require cooperation. Nothing too graphic except for campaign. So overall zombies is the least violent. Same with multiplayer.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byJim Smith August 8, 2013

Good game

This game is bye far less violent then all previous CoD's in terms of the multiplayer aspect. The Modern Warfare series, BO 1, and WaW are far more violent, all though the campaign seems to have more swearing. This is my 12 year old's favorite game, and I have no problem with him playing it because he's very mature and does well in school. I first let my son play it after he got a perfect report card, and he hasn't disappointed me. As long as your child knows that this isn't real, and that war is also a very bad thing. I would say mature 12 year olds should be able to play it, and maybe some exceptions for younger kids. All in all, this is a great game and my child loves it. Also, for those of you who are skeptical about the blood and swearing, you can turn it off so there is no blood or swearing, and the violent cutscenes are blurred/blacked out. Thanks!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Real reveiwer May 15, 2013

My first common sense angry rant

Are you seriously going to let a stupid website rule your kids? I mean really people If you ask me this site is full of bullcrap. I have played this game before and really it isn't as bad as they say, I mean its like they see the M on the cover and they say "op! Too bad Let's go make a few more thousand kids miserable. Maybe they should add a counter "How many kids hate us Now" Im beginning to doubt the fact that they actually play the game or if they just look at the content descriptors. Common sense editors if your reading this Maybe youll realise that you need to rethink things and let this site become a democracy and not a dictatorship. Or at least take input from people who have actually played the game. Thats all i have to say... For now
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheGamerandMovier May 9, 2013

Great Game but with some restritions

This game is a great game if you can take mature blood, gore, language, little to none drinking or drug relations. The nice thing about Black Ops 2 is that you have the option of toning the violence and language down to a teen level. The game will give you an option whether to turn on or off the blood and gore and when you do that the violence, gore, drinking and smoking are no longer in the game. But this does NOT include for the online multiplayer which players can curse and use offense language. I know this because I have the game.
Parent Written byJo Westfield April 4, 2013

Good.

I let my 10 year old son play it. He enjoys it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTJarnot November 29, 2012

Violence and language but not as bad as you might think

Many people think "Oh, this game has shooting. It's not safe for kids." Im a 14 year old kid and I'v heard these things alot from parents. To be honest, my parents are cautious about these kinds of games but not too crazy about ratings. This game contains loads of violence obviously because it's a war game and foul language. But the people that you play as can be positive role models too. They protect their country from foreign invaders and save innocent people. The violence in the game, as I said, is from war. We all learn about shooting and gore at some point in our lives. The language is bad but nothing we won't hear when were all older. So I recommend this game for kids 12 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byInfoYouWant November 14, 2012

Like all the other First Person Shooters...

It's no more violent than all the other First Person Shooters that some kids play. I've seen footage of Black Ops II, and it honestly isn't any worse than all the others. I don't see what there is to be concerned about other than you can talk to people using your mic, (if you have one). Honestly, Common Sense Media really does exaggerate when it comes to video games. This game is fine for kids 14+
Parent Written bygoofmother5509 October 9, 2013

12 and up

This game is amazing. The M rating is not correct.
Parent Written byThe Dad and MoM September 25, 2013

Call of duty black ops II

hello other people Black ops 2 is a good game.but kids need to learn about how war can be fun on video games but not in real life and its a good time to tell them that when they are in to the army.
Parent of a 18 year old Written bydaddy60000 August 19, 2013

Call of duty black ops II is ok for 9&up!

hello other people on the internet,the game call of duty black ops II is a very fun game that is ok for 9 year olds if you child has played the infamous games this game should be appropriate for you child if your child is nine years of age make sure to turn the graphic content off in the settings this game is baced in the future warfare in campain,multiplayer,zombies you can turn the graphic content off so make sure to do that in all modes the your child plays
Teen, 17 years old Written byMaster of skyrim July 17, 2013

Good for eleven year olds

this game is kind of bad but not really I think this game has some things in it I think are bad like all the killing language but there is a positive role model His name is Alex Mason he never leaves a solider behind is an honored military veteran and at the end of the game you can stop a terrorist once and for all of course there is violence its a first person shooter it teaches your kids that the army is no fun and games there is no respawning you die you die the online people are optional to here for this review I went in a public game for one minute without my headset on and listened I was disgusted and the one guy I heard he was saying something very bad get you mutha f**king papa on the mic so multiplayer is bad unless you go into party so multiplayer is only good if your in a party i'm always in a party so I don't have to listen to those peoplemy opinion 11 or older
Parent Written byjohnisgood March 27, 2013

The Truth About Black Ops 2

My 11 year old recently got this game for christmas and at first I thought it would be terrible for him due to the ratings given by common sense media. But after watching him play I found that there are no sexual or drug references and with the graphic content reducer on there is almost no gore. If cussing is your main concern then you will be happy to know that with the graphic content reducer on there is no cussing. Overall I think that the ratings given by common sense media are misleading and this game is suitable for children 10 and up.
Parent of a 17 and 17 year old Written byRobert Perry February 13, 2013

LEARNING

Unsure? This game has content filters!

I recently bought this for my two teenage sons and was worried about the game's content. I told them if it did that I would take it back in a heartbeat. I was surprised to find out that it had filters for the violence (and blood or excessive violence) and for the language. This made me feel much easier about my decision and what the game has done. I recommend this game for teens and up. They actually dragged me into playing the zombie game mode with them and it was hard, but fun.
Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2012

LEARNING

Great Game For Mature Kids 11+ Who Have Played Violent Games Before.

This is a great game. For kids 12 and over who like shooters and have played at least rated Teen games, they'll totally be fine with this. You can turn off the swearing and really bad stuff with options, but it takes away the feel. If your child is 11 or under, please consider having them play really violent Teen games before heading to Mature. I'm only 12 myself and I started playing C (Young Child), K&A (Kids And Adults), and E (Everyone) at the age of 4. I never got any nightmares at them or anything, and when I was 6 I started playing E10+ (Everyone 10 And Over). I got a few nightmares at those, but at 8 and a half I started playing Teen, which I got nightmares at a bit more then when I was 6. At the age of 10 I was completely fine with all the gore in Teen games, and at 11 I started to move onto M (Mature). I never got ANY nightmares or anything at these, and I love shooting zombies and cutting Templars with my sword. I own nearly all the COD games and I'll always be a fan of them. NOTE: I do play Battlefield too, I'm not just a COD fanboy! I've played most M series, Half-Life, Battlefield, Call Of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Team Fortress, The Elder Scrolls, etc. In fact, most of my PS3 and XBOX games are Mature games. I've been gaming non-stop since I was 4. I've never gone 3 days without gaming for at least 1 hour (At age 4-5). At ages 6+ I was gaming for 3 hours in 3 days, at ages 8+ it was 8 hours in 5 days, and at 10+ it was 6+ hours a day. I've devoted my life to gaming, and one day I want to develop games for SONY, Nintendo or Microsoft. I love gaming. Its my passion. My addiction. My hobby. MY LIFE. Don't worry, I still get an hour of exercise a day! XD So yes, please get the game for anyone 11+ who IS MATURE ENOUGH TO HANDLE IT. There is a content filter as I said before, but if your child is mature enough, keep that filter off for a while and watch em' blow off all those heads of those zombies! "I'VE GOT TONS OF V0DKA, BUT NO *CENSORED* AMMO!" -Nikolai from Black Ops 1 Zombies. Great game. 5/5, best COD yet. Keep up the good work, Treyarch, Activision and Infinity Ward!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymeme103 December 27, 2012

Great game!

this game has the best multiplayer, a great camaign, and zombies. You should let your 10 or 11 year old play this game. There is a setting to make it to where the violence isn't as graphic and it doesn't say a single cuss word.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEND3R FUSION December 18, 2012

I think it is fine for ages above 10

Really like all the call of duty games and I think common sense media over exaggerates a lot. This game does have the odd swear word and the violence isn't all that bad, also it can be all turned off. This game probably isn't good for kids that play all day but I don't see why kids older than 10 shouldn't play. Common sense take every little thing in games into something big when it isn't actually that bad.
Adult Written byBrendan Conway November 21, 2012

Good Game but theres some issues

one good game, but early in the campaign there's some ads like youtube, and twitter shown during the game, on one level there is like partying, drinking during a level in which it takes place on an island in the middle of the caribbean, also got to warn parents with young or immature kids multiplayer modes in zombies mode, and co-op mode there is some bad people out there so like in the past games there's an option to mute other players. But Overall the game is a good game
Teen, 15 years old Written byTherealitythinker November 21, 2012

Parents Please read!!!!!!!!

Black ops 2 is a bad game. Most parents think that their kid will try to copy the guys on the screen. Why would any kid in there right mind want to get a gun shooting down people and think that someone will send them rewards(like care-package). That only happens in the real war. So think to yourself can I see my kid turning into a guy who shoots any guy that he sees!?!?!?
Teen, 16 years old Written byThat90sguy November 20, 2012

Best in the series! Hopefully the last CoD

Being a big CoD fan, I've played every game and will have to say that Black Ops 2 is the best CoD game I've played in a while. The campaign is much better than Black Ops 1, it's much darker, lots more action, better story, more involvement with the characters, and you have an option to change the story in the direction that you want, raising the replayability level. The multiplayer is much more fun than MW3, as spawning is fixed, the maps are open, and no more survival mode! Zombies has also been vastly improved now that it has joined the multiplayer component. Grief mode, which is 4v4 against each other on sections of the map, is a fresh idea and is done well as well as survival. However, the new TranZit map has its problems, for it is too complicated. There are new ways to explore the map such as doing the enormous easter egg to collecting parts to open up doors, its to much and makes the map over complicated. It's extremely easy to as you can make trains almost anywhere in the map. Other than that, it is a great game, but an inapproiate CoD as well. Violence is strong, right when you start the game, you see a man burning to death and you can't save him. There is also some gory moments of tourture, like shooting someone's legs off before sliting their throat, guresome. Language is also frequent, uses of f--k and s--t are common. Overall, this game has been the best CoD that i've played in a while, and I recommend it to older teens. One more thing to mention, I feel like that this has to be the last CoD, at least for awhile, because after this game, what other war can they cover that hasen't been done yet? None, because they have, and the series is getting old. Stop releasing these games every year Activision!
Parent Written bydannytay334 January 9, 2014

LISTEN DONT LOOK AT AGE!!

dont just judge the age i put wait for me to explain!! call of duty black ops II is a violent and bloody game with language but this games producers knew that half of there profits came from kids so they created a filter which erases all blood and mature content/language making this game a 12+ instead of 18+ and right away its not that violent any more but maturity also matters so i would get the demo or play full version if you have it. in my opinion this is the least violent call of duty 4 and up and if you dont belive me please look for yourself your kids will love you for it and on this game you are good so why not? here are some good games that are appropriate for mature 7 yrs iffy 8 years on 9 yrs- call of duty black ops II fable 2 and 3 fight night series crackdown 1 battlefield bad co 1 teen boxing tekken call of duty 3 halo series