All member reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Extremely violent military shooter with profanity, drugs.

Parent of a 18+ year old Written bydaddy60000 August 19, 2013

Call of duty black ops II is ok for 9&up!

hello other people on the internet,the game call of duty black ops II is a very fun game that is ok for 9 year olds if you child has played the infamous games this game should be appropriate for you child if your child is nine years of age make sure to turn the graphic content off in the settings this game is baced in the future warfare in campain,multiplayer,zombies you can turn the graphic content off so make sure to do that in all modes the your child plays
Parent of a 18+ year old Written byILOVEBUBLEZ August 19, 2013

OK FOR NINE AND UP

this game should be a T rating!! in this game you can turn off all the gore&swearing by hitting the no graphic content button as well as bluring out all violent cut secens!! this game is good for 9&up
Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2012

Great Game For Mature Kids 11+ Who Have Played Violent Games Before.

This is a great game. For kids 12 and over who like shooters and have played at least rated Teen games, they'll totally be fine with this. You can turn off the swearing and really bad stuff with options, but it takes away the feel. If your child is 11 or under, please consider having them play really violent Teen games before heading to Mature. I'm only 12 myself and I started playing C (Young Child), K&A (Kids And Adults), and E (Everyone) at the age of 4. I never got any nightmares at them or anything, and when I was 6 I started playing E10+ (Everyone 10 And Over). I got a few nightmares at those, but at 8 and a half I started playing Teen, which I got nightmares at a bit more then when I was 6. At the age of 10 I was completely fine with all the gore in Teen games, and at 11 I started to move onto M (Mature). I never got ANY nightmares or anything at these, and I love shooting zombies and cutting Templars with my sword. I own nearly all the COD games and I'll always be a fan of them. NOTE: I do play Battlefield too, I'm not just a COD fanboy! I've played most M series, Half-Life, Battlefield, Call Of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Team Fortress, The Elder Scrolls, etc. In fact, most of my PS3 and XBOX games are Mature games. I've been gaming non-stop since I was 4. I've never gone 3 days without gaming for at least 1 hour (At age 4-5). At ages 6+ I was gaming for 3 hours in 3 days, at ages 8+ it was 8 hours in 5 days, and at 10+ it was 6+ hours a day. I've devoted my life to gaming, and one day I want to develop games for SONY, Nintendo or Microsoft. I love gaming. Its my passion. My addiction. My hobby. MY LIFE. Don't worry, I still get an hour of exercise a day! XD So yes, please get the game for anyone 11+ who IS MATURE ENOUGH TO HANDLE IT. There is a content filter as I said before, but if your child is mature enough, keep that filter off for a while and watch em' blow off all those heads of those zombies! "I'VE GOT TONS OF V0DKA, BUT NO *CENSORED* AMMO!" -Nikolai from Black Ops 1 Zombies. Great game. 5/5, best COD yet. Keep up the good work, Treyarch, Activision and Infinity Ward!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycallofdutyforever November 15, 2012

Mature shooter only for Ages 13- adult

Call of Duty black ops 2 is a great game with superb multiplayer and a ok single player. Zombies is definitely a great games mode for players to practice and fine tune their skills. However there is plenty of blood and gore. During the first mission in single player mode, the character sees a gruesome body burning to death in front of him. Zombies shows gibbing like other zombie games for call of duty and plenty of profanity and suggestive scenes in the single player. For example a mission involves going into a nightclub. Inside there are woman with very very suggestive clothing. My advice: only 17 and older for zombies and single player. The multiplayer is fine for ages 13- 17 but with adult supervision
Teen, 17 years old Written byYoo July 25, 2015

CSM over reacting

Call of duty black ops 2 is not that bad. Most kids will ask there parents for it and say but all my friends have it, and of course the adult will look at the rating and say no because it says drugs/alcohol, sexual themes, profanity, etc. I feel that this game is very violent and I have read some reviews that are saying that there son or daughter has been doing better in school or this game is very educational, IT'S NOT. But before you start the game you have the option to have graphic content turned on or off such as foul language and blood and gore. With the graphic content settings disabled, I think that this game definitely deserves an ESRB T-rating, however it still leaves some of the foul language out there such as: a**, d***, and h***. I am not going to lie but zombies is very brutal and it can scare kids very easily. I had my 12 year old son begging for this for his birthday and I said no because it was rated M for mature. So I went to CSM and did some research and found that a lot of parents said you can disable and enable the graphic content and found out it was not that bad, so I bought the game for my son for his birthday, he was one happy kid.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKingturnip26 April 11, 2014

Great game

Great game, only rated M because of campaign
Parent of a 6 and 12 year old Written byAshley Joanesen February 24, 2014

Call of duty is not as bad as you may think...

I was reluctant to let my 12 year old son play Call of duty because it was rated M. He would keep bugging me all the time about how it was not that bad and that all of his freinds had it. I finnaly decided to get it for him after I looked it up on the internet and found out you can actually dial down the blood and gore, turn off the language, and it actually was based on Afghanistan war and it taught him a lot. Another reason i did not want him to have it was I thought he was not mature about it but actually when I got it for him he started to act more mature then ever. Also it's rated M because of language and violence but by the time there in middle school they have basically heard it all and it is not as violent as you may think plus my kids have seen it on TV. When I got it for him he was always hugging me and saying he loved me. It was really nice.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byuberhaxorchild September 2, 2013

yas

good for all of yas
Teen, 17 years old Written byMaster of skyrim July 17, 2013

Good for eleven year olds

this game is kind of bad but not really I think this game has some things in it I think are bad like all the killing language but there is a positive role model His name is Alex Mason he never leaves a solider behind is an honored military veteran and at the end of the game you can stop a terrorist once and for all of course there is violence its a first person shooter it teaches your kids that the army is no fun and games there is no respawning you die you die the online people are optional to here for this review I went in a public game for one minute without my headset on and listened I was disgusted and the one guy I heard he was saying something very bad get you mutha f**king papa on the mic so multiplayer is bad unless you go into party so multiplayer is only good if your in a party i'm always in a party so I don't have to listen to those peoplemy opinion 11 or older
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheGamerandMovier May 9, 2013

Great Game but with some restritions

This game is a great game if you can take mature blood, gore, language, little to none drinking or drug relations. The nice thing about Black Ops 2 is that you have the option of toning the violence and language down to a teen level. The game will give you an option whether to turn on or off the blood and gore and when you do that the violence, gore, drinking and smoking are no longer in the game. But this does NOT include for the online multiplayer which players can curse and use offense language. I know this because I have the game.
Parent Written bydannytay334 January 9, 2014

LISTEN DONT LOOK AT AGE!!

dont just judge the age i put wait for me to explain!! call of duty black ops II is a violent and bloody game with language but this games producers knew that half of there profits came from kids so they created a filter which erases all blood and mature content/language making this game a 12+ instead of 18+ and right away its not that violent any more but maturity also matters so i would get the demo or play full version if you have it. in my opinion this is the least violent call of duty 4 and up and if you dont belive me please look for yourself your kids will love you for it and on this game you are good so why not? here are some good games that are appropriate for mature 7 yrs iffy 8 years on 9 yrs- call of duty black ops II fable 2 and 3 fight night series crackdown 1 battlefield bad co 1 teen boxing tekken call of duty 3 halo series
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byStephen the great December 27, 2012

Awesome!!

Great but really violent...
Parent of a 7 year old Written byStrictParent8764 July 26, 2015

READ THIS REVIEW

Do you have an 11 year old and 13 year old son and they play Destiny but want to get Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 because an older cousin came and showed it to them? Do both of them play this game at friend's houses and use that as a reason to buy the game? Well I am the answer! I have a 7 year old son and let him play this game because it is not bad at all. You can turn off gore, violence, language, other player's emblems, and disable the ability to speak to strangers. The only reason someone might think this game is bad in the slightest is because you are shooting people and that is sending out a bad sign. Well the reason they made this game a shooting game is because THATS WHAT KIDS ARE INTO THESE DAYS. COD BO2 is like a sport. You play different game modes and gang up with friends and use strategy to overcome you're opponents. Did any of the other parents on this website know that Call of Duty is actually a sport? It is called an Esport. Why would they make a sport not everyone could watch? Anyways if you are debating about buying the game, just do it, your kids will love it and it teaches them teamwork and about working together.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBaked Carrot November 28, 2014

Review by a BO2 addict

Call Of Duty: Sex, drugs, violence. That is what most parents think of the game. I agree the game is overly violent and cursing is exaggerated, but most of these things can be toggled on or off. Turning off gore can transform the game into something more teen rated. Of course there is always the people on the online part of the game saying inappropriate things or insults, but that can be taken care of by disabling the online service or connection. Over all, BO2 is very entertaining and immersive, but can be quite violent at times (with gore enabled). I think 13-14 year olds should be able to play, but what really depends is if the online aspect is enabled because if it is, players may hear screaming little kids, to college students who can find nothing else to do than get in online arguments with kids. Lots of bad language online, not recommended if you don't want your son/daughter to hear these words. Wrapping up, BO2 is very fun and loaded with fast decision making and strategy, I have lots of fun playing and all the boring moments after homework are eliminated. Remember to play in moderation though, the game is quite addictive (believe me i know). Final verdict; with certain options enabled or disabled, the game can become a Teen Rated game. Very fun, great Christmas present, wonderfully made game.
Parent of a 9 and 14 year old Written byGamesOfficial April 27, 2014

GamesOfficial Call Of Duty: Black Ops II

Parents if you are reading this please know that your child under 12 is not suited for this game. Any child over twelve with common sense would know not to do the things they do in the game in real life. If that is your reason for not getting your child this game. I would recommend just allowing your twelve year old to get the game.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byJim Smith August 8, 2013

Good game

This game is bye far less violent then all previous CoD's in terms of the multiplayer aspect. The Modern Warfare series, BO 1, and WaW are far more violent, all though the campaign seems to have more swearing. This is my 12 year old's favorite game, and I have no problem with him playing it because he's very mature and does well in school. I first let my son play it after he got a perfect report card, and he hasn't disappointed me. As long as your child knows that this isn't real, and that war is also a very bad thing. I would say mature 12 year olds should be able to play it, and maybe some exceptions for younger kids. All in all, this is a great game and my child loves it. Also, for those of you who are skeptical about the blood and swearing, you can turn it off so there is no blood or swearing, and the violent cutscenes are blurred/blacked out. Thanks!
Parent Written byJo Westfield April 4, 2013

Good.

I let my 10 year old son play it. He enjoys it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymeme103 December 27, 2012

Great game!

this game has the best multiplayer, a great camaign, and zombies. You should let your 10 or 11 year old play this game. There is a setting to make it to where the violence isn't as graphic and it doesn't say a single cuss word.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTJarnot November 29, 2012

Violence and language but not as bad as you might think

Many people think "Oh, this game has shooting. It's not safe for kids." Im a 14 year old kid and I'v heard these things alot from parents. To be honest, my parents are cautious about these kinds of games but not too crazy about ratings. This game contains loads of violence obviously because it's a war game and foul language. But the people that you play as can be positive role models too. They protect their country from foreign invaders and save innocent people. The violence in the game, as I said, is from war. We all learn about shooting and gore at some point in our lives. The language is bad but nothing we won't hear when were all older. So I recommend this game for kids 12 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byInfoYouWant November 14, 2012

Like all the other First Person Shooters...

It's no more violent than all the other First Person Shooters that some kids play. I've seen footage of Black Ops II, and it honestly isn't any worse than all the others. I don't see what there is to be concerned about other than you can talk to people using your mic, (if you have one). Honestly, Common Sense Media really does exaggerate when it comes to video games. This game is fine for kids 14+