All member reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Extremely violent military shooter with profanity, drugs.

Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2013

Really fun game

the game is great! It is like any fps. It has blood and guns. 1 thing I did not like was when i was playing story mode i shot a guy's head off and his arm. Most of the call of duty games do not have gore but this one did
Parent of a 11 and 12 year old Written byKariGreeny November 26, 2013

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 review

This game is not very educational but it is fun, not very much blood, and team building when you play with friends. Call of Duty Black Ops II is a great game to have when your children's friends come over and can allow plenty of people to play. There are many game modes which are fun. There are practically no drugs other than a character in the story is a drug lord. This is ok for kids 12 and up and ok for mature 10 to 11 year olds.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywhaustin99 August 29, 2013

bob

Teen, 13 years old Written byRiPZz99 August 13, 2013

If your child has been begging you to let them play it, READ BELOW

Okay, I have recently been allowed to play Call of Duty Black Ops ll and for one reason only- graphic content disabler. After you load up the game for the first time on your profile, you set up the general settings for your preferred gaming experience. After all the sound FX, music volume, etc. it asks you if you want to disable graphic content. THIS is the part I was talking about. If you are the somewhat protective parent of a teen i.e. 12-14 years of age, and you use this site, disable the graphic the content. This automatically turns off ALL language whatsoever and ALL blood or gore. The reason I say 12-14 is that I believe if your 15, you can play this any way you like. (Graphic content enabled) If your child has been begging you to play this game and are 12-14 years of age, allow them to play it with the graphic content disabled. If you don't have the game already, (My dad plays games like this, Grand Theft Auto, Prototype, Gears of War, etc.) I would strongly suggest they buy it themselves. It's a good way to show them how when you get new privileges like playing games like this, new responsibilities may occur. Thanks for taking your time to read my review! ~Adios
Kid, 11 years old June 11, 2013

not as bad as you think

I know what parents are thinking: human-on-human violence is not ok. But I assure you that you can censor all disturbing parts and the hero seems to only kill when he has to for the freedom and justice of others. Other than killing, the hero is something of a positive role model.
Adult Written byThe Reviewer1 May 31, 2013

call of duty black ops II

definetly not for children. Violence: Non stop shooting/ hand to hand combat and stabbing, also torture and strong violent references. Language:frequent use of the f word and the s word, also frequent mild language. Sex: some references from here to there
Teen, 14 years old Written byfirstworldproblems May 13, 2013

Mob of The Insane

*If you don’t want me to spoil Black Ops 2, don’t read!!!* When I was about 10 years old I heard about Treyarch’s game; Call of Duty Black Ops, & I was fascinated by it. When I was 12 going on 13, my sister’s boyfriend moved in & I finally got to play. Then I got Black Ops 2 when it came out. I started off not enjoying it. I was terrible at it & some people on there were really mean because of it. I started off with multiplayer. Multiplayer consists of twelve or fewer players. There are two teams & they’re against each other. The beginning maps on multiplayer are Aftermath, Cargo, Carrier, Drone, Express, Hijacked, Meltdown, Overflow, Plaza, Raid, Slums, Standoff, Turbine, Yemen, & Nuke town 2025. These are all new maps that are larger & more complex than the ones on Black Ops 1. Nuke town 2025 is a map of the future. The original map is on Black Ops 1. You & your team members run around the map & annihilate the opponents with your selection of weapon. That isn’t the only thing that multiplayer has, though. It has categories. Like Team Death match, Search & Destroy, Domination, Capture the Flag, One in the Chamber, etc. These have different duties. Like in Search & Destroy you have to get the bomb, plant it & kill the opponents before they kill you. One in the Chamber is where you play against 5 people & you have 3 lives & 1 bullet. Each map has its own topic. Like Nuke town 2025 is a neighborhood in Vegas. Along with multiplayer, I also play zombies. It’s where you & 3 other players fight zombies till you all die. There’s a mystery box with multiple weapons. You can also buy cheaper, less affecting weapons off of the wall. If the zombie smacks you a certain amount of times, you drop & a teammate only has a certain measure of time to recover you. Or else you die & have to wait till the next round to recover, with no weapons. On the map Tranzit, it’s a combination of less complex maps called Town, Farm & Diner. You can take a bus to get to each destination. The characters in this map are Misty, Samuel, Marlton, & Russman. This is an enhancement from Black Ops 1 because in Black Ops 1 there’s not a woman character. You can also play Town, Farm & Diner by themselves. On the map Die Rise, you’re on a group of skyscrapers. These characters are also Misty, Samuel, Marlton, & Russman. You can get a trample steam which is basically a trampoline. In addition to this map, it also comes with 4 maps on multiplayer. These maps are Hydro, Grind, Downhill, & Mirage. This map pack also comes with an additional small zombie map called turn. It’s at the diner & it’s where you play the zombie & try to eliminate the humans. On the map Mob of the Dead, which aroused my title, you’re at an old prison on Alcatraz Island. It was aroused by the actual prison that was there. The people that were imprisoned there were either psycho or “mobsters”. So the characters on the map are gangsters, or, mobsters. Hence: “Mob of the Dead”. The character’s names are Weasel, Sal, Billy & Finn which are the names of mobsters who were at the actual prison. This map pack also comes with 4 multiplayer maps which are Studio, Magma, Vertigo & Encore. You can get perks on all of these zombie maps. Some maps have ones that others don’t. The perks are Juggernog, Stamin Up, Tombstone Soda, Speed Cola, Quick Revive, Who’s Who, Electric Cherry, Double Tap, Mule Kick, & Dead shot Daiquiri. Juggernog allows you to get hit more than usual by a zombie & you won’t go down so quickly. Stamin Up allows you to run faster & switch your weapons faster. Tombstone Soda works when you go down. You die automatically. When you respawn, you walk over your tombstone that you dropped & you get back all of your perks & weapons. Speed Cola helps you to reload your weapons faster. Quick Revive allows you to revive your downed teammates twice as fast. Who’s Who allows you to revive yourself after you go down. Electric Cherry shoots out electricity when you’re reloading. Double Tap puts double the affect on your bullets. Mule Kick allows you to get an extra weapon. Dead shot Daiquiri aims all of your bullets at the zombies head so they die faster. In Black Ops 2, there’s also a campaign. This is basically preparation for multiplayer. You go through certain assignments. You’re playing as one player the whole time, & his name is Mason. After each completed operation, Mason will get captured, & of course, you have to get him out of it & save someone else. If you don’t complete the mission & you die, you have to restart the mission. This basically gets you prepared for multiplayer. The idea of this game is basically to kill & have pleasurable entertainment. You can meet new people & honestly learn new things. Despite the rude people you meet, you also meet nice people & become close with them. I think this game is tremendously fun & I recommend it for kids over the age of 11. I give it 4 ½ out of 5 tomahawks. If you play this game, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2013

Fine 10 and up who can be bothered to turn graphic content off

This is a really fun game and there are always things do do on it all language can be turned off along with graphic violence I really think that in Australia they overrate call f duty and don't even test it anymore because with graphic content off this should be pg-m not MA
Teen, 14 years old Written byLuke G April 6, 2013

Multiplayer can be for kids

I think that this game could be rated "T" if you turn off all the graphic content. If your child just wants to play multiplayer, you don't really have anything to worry about. There is no swearing, blood or gore in multiplayer. If your child has played "T" games such as the "Uncharted" series and the "Battlefield" series you honestly don't have anything to worry about. Just be sure to tell your kid that killing is wrong. And not to do anything that is done in the game in real life.
Teen, 17 years old Written byblackocelot007 March 24, 2013

Not nearly as bad with 'Graphic Content' turned off

I think that this game is just fine for people 13 and over, if the 'graphic content' is turned off. With graphic content turned off in options, there is no blood and gore, and all of the bad words are removed. When you shoot and AI, they just fall over. Probably not for kids 12 and under, or mature kids 12 and under. You do not learn much, but I have learned somewhat about the brutality of war.
Kid, 9 years old March 17, 2013

OK game but some inappropriate parts

i have not played a lot of black ops at all but i have seen my bro play i can tell u this, tons of language, blood is not very bad but still pretty bloody,violence i would not worry about.so if your kid has said some pretty bad words than it will most likely be fine.
Kid, 11 years old January 29, 2013

it's okay, but KNOW your kids very well

parents, it says black ops 2 is M for intence vilence, strong language,suggestive themes, use of drugs, and blood and gore. And the esrb are true, black ops 2 does have all that, but ther are options where you can turn off all of that exept for the drugs, so only let your kids play this game if they have had classes in school about how awful drugs are so this game will not be a bad influence for your kids
Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2013

Epic

This game isn't that bad if you turn of the blood. The violence can be a little iffy but it is the same as any other first person
Teen, 17 years old Written byExperiencedGamer December 30, 2012

For appropriate children only.

There is an ESRB logo on the bottom on the box, M, which means the game is recommended for ages +17. DON'T BE FOOLED BY OTHER REVIEWS. There is no sexual content of any kind in this game. There is much violence, hence the name, Call of Duty, implying guns, shooting, and violence. If your child is mature enough to handle it then you can consider it for them. But still, if your child is under 17, please talk to them about it before buying it for them. If your child is 17 or over, allow them to go and buy it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBigman668 December 16, 2012

Black Ops ll What Parents Think

It is really not as bad as parents think it is for me my mom takes a glimpse at it and says its violent. they dont understand the true meaning of what youre doing. Plus when parents see the blood in gameplay they dont understand that you can turn it off.
Teen, 15 years old Written byEvonyflyer December 3, 2012

Not as bad as it seems

I think this game is definitely not as bad as common sense media portrays it to be, but it really does depend on your kids. If you think that they're mature enough to let them play the game then let them, if not then don't.
Kid, 10 years old September 18, 2016

Just Fine

Ok the campaign is real bad ok. But multiplayer is what all the kids play, i mean some kids play the campaign(Which they are't from a very good family) But the multiplayer is a little blood which blood is on screen when you die. And when you knife, shoot, and blow up people they fall down no blood! So if you think your child is ready, he's ready. Also if your child plays online, don't let him on this, people have a choice to talk out loud and if there teens, Young Adults. They might say, mother of f--k and holy s--t so don't let them play online or just set up safety and privacy things.
Kid, 11 years old September 3, 2016

Good game

It is an amazing game and is appropriate for mature kids. I got this game about 1 year ago and still play. The things you need to know is that there is a graphic content filter that legit makes this games campaign and zombies E 10+ but the multiplayer will always have that kid that screams the n word and stuff. But Good game for mature kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCoD Lover September 2, 2016

This game is fun.

First off. No one plays this on wii u. So buy it for PS3 if u want it. PS3 is the best console for CoD games. and FPS games in general. Trust me. Its really fun. And parents. Dont be lying on this site. The CoD series is really fun. So i'm gonna be real with you. Stop being pussies and try the games before writing a review about the games! Other wise. Its a lie. U have to play or watch something before u review it! Dont be giving lie reviews based on the image of what CoD is. Its not as bad as u all think. The games are awesome. So stop lying and have a little Integrity. Sheesh. I know kids with more integrity than some of u parents out there. At least their parents gave it a shot before assuming the game is bad. As my mom says. And dont take this wrong! Assume makes an Ass- out of U & me
Educator Written byBarry B. August 21, 2016

Have a parent set up the settings

Ok, I'm just going to be straight out and do this. To adress the "sexual themes", the only real issue on this might be that in the campaign there are some suggestive clothes, but nothing that can't be found at the mall. And for the language and "Intense blood" a parent should select that they do not want to see blood, gore, or hear langauge. This helps with not feeding negative messages to a child's brain, even though by the time they are in 5th grade they will probably use these words themselves. And "scary zombies" really! You have to be kidding me! I hear children in my sixth grade class always talking about how they just saw the new human centepede movie. Another thing is that I never hear them talking about the campaign, always the multiplayer or the zombies mode. So mabey your child won't even want to play the already censored multiplayer. And for the use of "drugs" there is a character in the campaign that is smoking a cigar. Overall, I believe that this game is a perfect fit for children in the 12 and older age group. Just not anybody below, as the picture of a person falling over limp might be bad for them.